AoZ: The Traitor to Destiny Mechanics

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
JEFFPIATT

Re: AoZ2: Rebels Against Time Mechanics

yazi88 wrote:Judging from its model number MSK-003 I'm guessing its a interim between the Nemo and Nemo II/III. Or at least being built with Nemo parts now with Wing Binders incorporating beam cannons. Just how much of a field upgrade does this damn machine have? Then again IT is Advance of Zeta, as the previous series had the damn Hazel and Gaplant units upgraded numerous times over. Although for the Wagtail it seems to be a bit more cannibalized when compared to the units of the Titans Test team.
The Nemo is MSA-003 it looks like it is an data collection model for AE where the already hi spec GM custom frame is upgraded with parts similar to the gp03s tail binders and other AE spare parts.
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Deacon Blues

Nope, it was given a Karaba designation because it utilizes various parts from different machines and has a prototype cockpit block thus making it impossible to determine the base model. This, as the description says, removes it from the GM Lineage.
Homeless

Wonder if it still has that eyesore of a colorscheme:
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9528/idlmce.jpg
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Kenji

Refuge in Audacity, the most effective camouflage conceived by human thought.

You see it, exclaim something horrible, and then immediately erase it from your memory.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
ShadowCell

Alternatively, the enemy focuses all their fire on you to get that hideous thing off the battlefield. =P
JEFFPIATT

Homeless wrote:Wonder if it still has that eyesore of a colorscheme:
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9528/idlmce.jpg
with that body style i wonder if it is painted red, blue, and silver and turns in to a truck.
J-Lead

balofo wrote:http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 841296.jpg

people actually like these designs?
Yes. dealwithit.exe

I appreciate that these designs actually fit in a lot more with the time period, as opposed to AOZ1, which had a plethora of designs, which, while perfectly well-designed, just got increasingly snooka-loopy to the point where they just went off in an entirely different direction, far removed from the original "testbed" pretense. The TR series just got so incredibly modular and versatile that I began to wonder why they didn't just produce a crapton of parts for that series and allowed pilots pretty much assemble their own mobile suit/loadout (a level of versatility that you'd think a task force like the Titans would benefit from, given their small numbers.)

The designs in AOZ2 are more along the lines of an MSV series bridging the gap between 0083 and Zeta in an aesthetic sense rather than a purely technical one like AOZ1, helping to blend the two time periods together a little better.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Homeless

Black Knight

The pink highlights really sell the ensemble.
Deacon Blues

Um... nowhere does it even mention Amuro. Amuro doesn't appear in the story, nor have I seen him mentioned. More than likely it'll be Van's new Gundam.
RLZIII

Deacon Blues wrote:Um... nowhere does it even mention Amuro. Amuro doesn't appear in the story, nor have I seen him mentioned. More than likely it'll be Van's new Gundam.
It mentions Amuro at the bottom there (the second paragraph); with my very limited Japanese, it seems to say he's going to appear in the story. However, I don't see the connection between that and this new Gundam, so I doubt it belongs to him. But, again, you'll have to actually read through it; I can only pick out bits and pieces, but アムロ・レイ is definitely mentioned.
radioactive28

Cmdr Harabec wrote:http://hobby.dengeki.com/20110827/92-news/#more-92

Apparently a new Gundam designed for Amuro?
Is that from Yanase Takayuki (of Gundam 00)?

Design seems to be a break from contemporary machines of the time.
Deacon Blues

Hm... Chapter 12 is out... *goes to page through it to see*
yazi88

I don't think its a newly built Gundam for Van, just his overly pimped and blinged out Wagtail with a Gundam style head and a new beam rifle. Check out the legs for the "Gundam", you can tell it has the same leg panels, kneecaps and colors of the Wagtail. I'm guessing the chest armored might be strengthened but I can't tell cause my kanji reading skills are pretty much crap.
DeltasTaii

radioactive28 wrote:
Cmdr Harabec wrote:http://hobby.dengeki.com/20110827/92-news/#more-92

Apparently a new Gundam designed for Amuro?
Is that from Yanase Takayuki (of Gundam 00)?

Design seems to be a break from contemporary machines of the time.
Unless I've horribly mis-estimated, Ryota Magaki, who is listed as a designer for AoZ2 and it very much resembles the style of.

As far as I can tell he comes from the same circle of doujin acquaintances as Yanase did though, having both worked on Busou Shinki and having Fudjirou do guest illustrations for their art books. He'd be somewhat infamous like Obari if he was better known though.
radioactive28

DeltasTaii wrote: Unless I've horribly mis-estimated, Ryota Magaki, who is listed as a designer for AoZ2 and it very much resembles the style of.

As far as I can tell he comes from the same circle of doujin acquaintances as Yanase did though, having both worked on Busou Shinki and having Fudjirou do guest illustrations for their art books. He'd be somewhat infamous like Obari if he was better known though.
Ah, I see. Thanks for that. I thought the head and colouring looked rather like Yanase's style, but the major design cues (curves, ankle guard [it's blended into the shin], feet) were totally off. Didn't even realised it might be the Wagtail until yazi88 pointed it out.
Deacon Blues

I'm still not convinced Amuro is going to appear in this novel. He didn't fight during Zeta so why would a sidestory novel change any sort of continuity. At any rate, the final part of Chapter.12 does talk about a bit of a test surrounding the new unit. The test pilot nearly pukes returning to the ship, oddly enough. He's pretty much confident that only a cyber newtype can handle it. But, here's some interesting tidbits:
When this Gundam came to the Rosa Gigantea, it was incomplete; its primary defects lying with attitude control. As the problems were handled one by one, the modification work for the parts configuration was carried out. When mobility of the frame was finally achieved, the former test pilot caused an accident and a drastic overhaul was done, resulting in the current appearance. There's no doubting this thing has the face of a Gundam. But, it surpasses it in maneuverability, like you plopped Amuro Ray or Kamille Bidan in it. It's different from a Gundam. While the RX-78 was targeted as being an all purpose unit, this machine completely differs from it, as it was requested to have sharp, special strength.
For lack of an incorrect translation that is :P