AoZ: The Traitor to Destiny Mechanics

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Bazookafied

Re: AoZ2: Rebels Against Time Mechanics

Looks like there's a Hazel Rifle inside it's main weapon, which would explain the double e-caps on the left shield. I was trying to figure out where on the weapon those would go.
ninjascience

that rifle is either an expansion of the icarus folding rifle, or just a similar design, i can't tell. Either way, it's another nod to the icarus.
Advance of Zeta and Meaningless War 0091 at mechascientic
Deacon Blues

Here's some fun tidbits:

打突用 <--- No clue where to begin for defining this word. 打突 is used in kendo, that much I know. Anyways...

Equipped with an E-Pack holder.

The barrel and stock are lengthened based on the beam rifle of the Gundam MK-II. Furthermore, although the MK-II's hyper bazooka was economized {lol cut down}, it was installed on the lower part of the barrel.
flamingtroll

Deacon Blues wrote:Here's some fun tidbits:

打突用 <--- No clue where to begin for defining this word. 打突 is used in kendo, that much I know. Anyways...
l.
I think they meant striking or batoning like in kendo. They even have a new perpenticular shield mount just so the arm could swing in a striking motion.
JEFFPIATT

This may be this labs way of applying the TTT hazel configurations and technolegy to a more modern frame than the old RGM-79Q frame hazel used.
radioactive28

So, a list of familiar parts or technology:
- Barzam-style rearskirt
- Kampfer-style skirt with thruster
- sole thruster and visor similar to the Advanced Hazel
- flexible thrusters, those big ones on its back, similar to the Hazel's T-booster (tri-booster, apparently)
- backpack and multi-latch from the Hazel
- beam rifle, based off the Mk-II's beam rifle and bazooka
Last edited by radioactive28 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deacon Blues

radioactive28 wrote:- Mk-II's beam rifle and bazooka
You may wanna re-read my blurb, chief. It's not THE MK-II's beam rifle.
toysdream

Let's not nitpick. Literally, Deacon also wrote that it used THE Gundam Mark II's hyper bazooka, but we all know what you meant. :-)

Anyways, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was reminded of the Jagd Doga, although for the life of me I can't see any reason why they'd want to suggest that connection. On the whole, this machine seems more like a "sideways" reference to the original Advance of Zeta series than a "forward" reference to anything we see in the animation later on.

-- Mark
Last edited by toysdream on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
flamingtroll

radioactive28 wrote: - flexible thrusters, those big ones on its back, similar to the Hazel's I-booster (what is this?)
There is some funkiness in the captions for sure, like how Advanced Hazel's "a" was cut off by the picture. I assume they meant the Tri-booster, as the picture showed.
radioactive28

Deacon Blues wrote: You may wanna re-read my blurb, chief. It's not THE MK-II's beam rifle.
Ah, right. I got a bit sloppy in reading the Japanese.
So, they based it off the Mk-II's rifle and extended the barrel and stock.
flamingtroll wrote: There is some funkiness in the captions for sure, like how Advanced Hazel's "a" was cut off by the picture. I assume they meant the Tri-booster, as the picture showed.
Oh, T-booster then? Totally missed out on that picture.
JEFFPIATT

toysdream wrote:Let's not nitpick. Literally, you wrote that it used THE Gundam Mark II's hyper bazooka, but we all know what you meant. :-)

Anyways, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was reminded of the Jagd Doga, although for the life of me I can't see any reason why they'd want to suggest that connection. On the whole, this machine seems more like a "sideways" reference to the original Advance of Zeta series than a "forward" reference to anything we see in the animation later on.

-- Mark
I would agree it looks to be an 2nd mass produced unit being used to test sets of new equipment for new models in the line of the Hazel and powered gm units.
Bazookafied

JEFFPIATT wrote:This may be this labs way of applying the TTT hazel configurations and technolegy to a more modern frame than the old RGM-79Q frame hazel used.
The TTT already used the Hazel's technology on a newer frame; a completely new one even. The TR-6 series took literally every other TR-Series machine's tech and applied them on a new state-of-the-art machine in various configurations. (Scroll down to the TR-6 section on this page for a listing of all the variations)

I'm with toysdream on this though, as the Hi-Zack Vanargand seems more like a throwback to AoZ 1 than trying to act as a prequel to a future machine.
Homeless

Might as well post it here.

The latest modification to the Keraunos Hi-zack:
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1333/ijlgbu.jpg
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
yazi88

Apparently just as there was a GM Kai Wagtail unit, there is now a GM Custom Wagtail unit. Only difference seen so far is a different paint scheme, with green and grey as opposed to blue and white and some joint differences (probably reflecting upon the bare differences upon their original base units respectively.)

Here is the picture showing the "new" wagtail.
Homeless

Rather odd decision. You'd think it would at least have a different head.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
DeltasTaii

Wagtail's head is already closer to the GM Custom than GM Kai. Since the Wagtail is a bit of a field modification, it makes sense they would throw it on whatever GM frame they have handy, although I find it odd they would have one of the highest spec and lowest production GMs "handy".
Homeless

Basically useless quality, but a glimpse at the MSK-003 Wagtail II:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/86 ... 11430.jpg/
J-Lead

Some better quality images, chaps.

No good quality lineart, but this'll do for now. I like the new head design; kind of reminds me of the RX-81 G-Line.

And are those beam cannons on the tail binder, or impractically placed beam sabers?

Anyhoo, does the info mention any debut date for the MSK-003 Wagtail II? (As in during the timeline, not a model release.)
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
yazi88

Judging from its model number MSK-003 I'm guessing its a interim between the Nemo and Nemo II/III. Or at least being built with Nemo parts now with Wing Binders incorporating beam cannons. Just how much of a field upgrade does this damn machine have? Then again IT is Advance of Zeta, as the previous series had the damn Hazel and Gaplant units upgraded numerous times over. Although for the Wagtail it seems to be a bit more cannibalized when compared to the units of the Titans Test team.
flamingtroll

The caption besides one fo the image says it's a "saber grip" and that it can't be taken out. The binder itself moves for melee combat. There isnt any other description about the saber thing else where.