Known MSV-R so far

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gelgoog Jager

Re: Known MSV-R so far

So the final MSV-R is the RX-78-1 plus a FA configuration for it?

That's a bit disappointing, though I do hope that at least it sheds some more light on:

-Number of units produced
-Differences with the RX-78-2
-Were they deployed in combat?
Strike Zero

So, basically, the first version of the RX-78-1 had a nose. Enlightening.

You can never have too many Full Armor configurations, though, so it's not a terrible way to wrap things up.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
bilbros

I'm afraid there's nothing much to satisfy Gelgoog Jager's hopes...

In any case, this time whe have two new RX-78 variation: the rollout version of the RX-78-1 plus the FA-78-1[G] Full Armor Gundam Ground Type.
But there's also the captured (and repainted) Zaku II in the FSS graphics. :)
BrentD15

bilbros wrote:I'm afraid there's nothing much to satisfy Gelgoog Jager's hopes...

In any case, this time whe have two new RX-78 variation: the rollout version of the RX-78-1 plus the FA-78-1[G] Full Armor Gundam Ground Type.
But there's also the captured (and repainted) Zaku II in the FSS graphics. :)
Not only that, but the RX-78-1 is seen using a 120mm Zaku Machinegun. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
toysdream

Looks like the MSV-R series is ending less with a bang than a whimper. On the whole, after four years of this series, it feels like there were a lot of missed opportunities.

In hindsight, it feels like the creative team may have boxed themselves in by avoiding any of the machines that were (badly) visualized in Okawara's M-MSV series, and ignoring all of the post-80s OVA series. For example, the FA-78(G) would make more sense if it were somehow related to the RX-79(G), especially since the rationale mentioned in the profile text is so similar. You can't really spackle in the gaps between the old First Gundam/MSV material, and the stuff we see in the OVA series, if you refuse to admit the latter exist.

On the other hand, it was fun to see visuals for the handful of machines mentioned in the old texts that Okawara left out of the M-MSV series, such as the MS-06G and the space version of the GM Cannon. And I always enjoyed it when they came up with something genuinely new, especially the conventional vehicles. Still don't understand where the Chimaira's engines went, but we can't have everything. :-)

-- Mark
BrentD15

toysdream wrote:In hindsight, it feels like the creative team may have boxed themselves in by avoiding any of the machines that were (badly) visualized in Okawara's M-MSV series, and ignoring all of the post-80s OVA series. For example, the FA-78(G) would make more sense if it were somehow related to the RX-79(G), especially since the rationale mentioned in the profile text is so similar. You can't really spackle in the gaps between the old First Gundam/MSV material, and the stuff we see in the OVA series, if you refuse to admit the latter exist.
Wouldn't that be FA-79(G)? :wink:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
AmuroNT1

RX-78-1 Prototype Gundam (Rollout)
Height: 18.0m
Weight: 58.8t
Weapons: Beam rifle, custom beam rifle, hyper bazooka, custom shield, others

FA-78[G] Full Armor Gundam Ground Type
Height: 18.0m
Weight: 63.4t
Weapons: 60mm head vulcans x 2, dual beam rifle, rocket cannon, beam saber x 2, missile launcher
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Deacon Blues

Hokay!

I just got my hands on the MSV-R Zeon Edition book that came out on the 26th and we've got a few updates to bring:

MS-14BR High Mobility Gelgoog R Type (Lt. Siemens Wheelhead Unit)*
MS-14BR High Mobility Gelgoog R Type (Lt. JG Aimer Diplome Unit)
MS-14BR High Mobility Gelgoog R Type (Lt. Commander David Chaseman Unit)
MSM-08 Zogok (Jaburo Capture Battle Version)
EMS-05 Agg Armed Type
MSM-04G Juaggu (Close Combat Use Arm Version)
MSM-07N Ram Z'Gok (Plongeur Team Unit)
MSM-06 Jurick (South American Front version)
EMS-05F Azock

* This unit replaces the A Baoa Qu version. While the original MSV-R scan attributed it to the Chimaera Corps, the compilation modified the name.

Chimaera is what the logo says. Chimaira is what the ship says. IDK what the bloody name should be anymore.

Edit: According to the latest issue of Gundam Ace, the pull out poster of the RMV-3M 局地制圧型ガンタンク has "Gunship Guntank" below it. Funny how that doesn't jive with the Japanese :P Should we take this as the new name?
balofo

Good, now Okawara can make a new series designing all the F-90 packs that are missing(B,C,F,G,J,K,N,O,Q,R,T,U,W), something from the F-80/F-60 lines and something between the F-91 and the F-97(like the rumoured F-92 that was to appear in the F-91 TV series as Seabook's upgrade).

:)
BrentD15

Oh goodie.
New updates. :)
domtropen

Anyone knows how many thruster MS-14C1-A has on its leg? Does it keep the three thrusters inside the leg?
Deacon Blues

The monster of the week escapades continue in the MSV-R series, except this time it's on the Federation side!

Far off in the Loum sector, the Zeon discover a super long range cannon belonging to the Federation! Just as the pilot is about to communicate the coordinates, a battleship takes him out. The cannon, is basically a direct rip off of the Jormungand, only less round. Watching over the operation is Lieutenant Jamaican, sporting a considerable amount of hair. Apparently the eight year transition to Zeta must not have been kind to him as his receding hairline isn't evident in the manga :P

The name of the monstrosity: São Tomé and Príncipe (サントメ・プリンシペ). Yes. They named it after a bloody country.
toysdream

What serial is this? The Johnny Ridden one, the Shin Matsunaga one...?

-- Mark
Deacon Blues

Well, since said Jamaican has hair, it's the Shin Matsunaga one!
toysdream

I figured, but for all I know they might have launched a new MSV-R-branded manga. It's helpful to specify, no?

-- Mark
BrentD15

Deacon Blues wrote:Well, since said Jamaican has hair, it's the Shin Matsunaga one!
So, what's the name of the new MSV-R (since the "R" is for "Ridden", right?)?
MSV-S?
toysdream

Nope. The "R" in MSV-R has no particular meaning - or rather, it has multiple implied meanings. Just plain "MSV-R" should refer to the variation series published in Gundam Ace, not the comics.

The Ridden and Matsunaga comics are MSV-R -branded spinoffs. Their actual titles are 機動戦士ガンダム MSV-R ジョニー・ライデンの帰還 ("Mobile Suit Gundam MSV-R: The Return of Johnny Ridden") and 機動戦士ガンダム MSV-R 宇宙世紀英雄伝説 虹霓のシン・マツナガ ("Mobile Suit Gundam MSV-R: Universal Century Hero Legend: Rainbow Shin Matsunaga").

-- Mark
BrentD15

yoshi0184 wrote:In the new MSV-R Zaku Handbook are three new Zaku Customs. One MS-06FS and two MS-06S.

http://www.gundams.de/msv-r/ms-06fs-unknown.jpg
http://www.gundams.de/msv-r/ms-06s-unknown1.jpg
http://www.gundams.de/msv-r/ms-06s-unknown2.jpg

Who are the pilots of these things?
So, how were you able to find these images?
I was only able to find them via Google image search.
balofo

BrentD15 wrote:
yoshi0184 wrote:In the new MSV-R Zaku Handbook are three new Zaku Customs. One MS-06FS and two MS-06S.

http://www.gundams.de/msv-r/ms-06fs-unknown.jpg
http://www.gundams.de/msv-r/ms-06s-unknown1.jpg
http://www.gundams.de/msv-r/ms-06s-unknown2.jpg

Who are the pilots of these things?
So, how were you able to find these images?
I was only able to find them via Google image search.
He buys the books and scans them for his site which is pretty good.
FinalSin66

i'd say one zaku is Gabby Hazard and the other is Robert Gilliam, idk about the grey fs