Known MSV-R so far

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: Known MSV-R so far

FinalSin66 wrote:i'd say one zaku is Gabby Hazard and the other is Robert Gilliam, idk about the grey fs
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Eric_Mansfield
BrentD15

balofo wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:
yoshi0184 wrote:In the new MSV-R Zaku Handbook are three new Zaku Customs. One MS-06FS and two MS-06S.

http://www.gundams.de/msv-r/ms-06fs-unknown.jpg
http://www.gundams.de/msv-r/ms-06s-unknown1.jpg
http://www.gundams.de/msv-r/ms-06s-unknown2.jpg

Who are the pilots of these things?
So, how were you able to find these images?
I was only able to find them via Google image search.
He buys the books and scans them for his site which is pretty good.
But on what pages are they found?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
AmuroNT1

The grey one is Eric Mansfield, blue with tan is Robert Gilliam, and black and brown is Gabby Hazard.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Gelgoog Jager

I recently found a couple images of some more MSV-R units:

-EMS-05F Azock?
-Shin Matsunaga's MS-06R-1A

Regarding the Azock, I found some info on the Japanese Gundam wikia which I had google roughly translate into:

Azokku
Appeared mechanic design planning to "MSV-R". Model number EMS-05F.

Unlike Aggu that specializes in the ground excavation, it is not a pure amphibious water activity machine but a short time is possible. It is a aircraft that has been manufactured for the purpose of logistical support Jaburo main force attack, to exert its power in shelling to the ground facilities and combat vehicles than for MS warfare.

Exterior is similar to the airframe structure of Aggu, but Mono Eye to cover design equal to the symmetry around, the view of the aircraft before and after, short legs for the purpose of promoting hover to follow the design of Zokku than walking. Drill part of Aggu is yes, be equipped with firearms of multiple mega particle cannon, flamethrower, ground-to-ground missiles, and small torpedo the Weapon pod of both arms. This is possible also UtateSo to the contralateral MS mine excavator. About 8 aircraft are produced, three aircraft have been deployed troops to the war late, but captured by the federal troops without the opportunity of combat participation, and is recovered.

And not appear in the video works.

http://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/アッグシリーズ

Confirmation of this information, as well as any correction or additional details would be very appreciated.

As for the MS-06R-1A, besides the noticeable change of the right shoulder shield for spike armor, I have recently come to know that the MG manual of the original MS-06R-1 pointed out the 3 key visual differences between a R-1 type and a R-1A type:

-Vents are present in the right shoulder of the R-1 type.
-The skirt armor has 4 additional plates next to the central section of the R-1 type.
-The already well known fuel tank difference.

Anyway, in the case of this unit, I think it's safe to assume that the right shoulder spike is a nod to Dozle's own MS-06, which also had spike armor on both shoulders.
balofo

These are from the last compilation volume of the MSV-R series
Gelgoog Jager

balofo wrote:These are from the last compilation volume of the MSV-R series
Do you know if there are any other new units besides these two?
balofo

Gelgoog Jager wrote:
balofo wrote:These are from the last compilation volume of the MSV-R series
Do you know if there are any other new units besides these two?
新規機体

・MS-14BR ゲルググ高機動型 R型(エメ・ディプロム中尉機)

パープルと黒を基調で、キマイラ隊唯一の女性パイロットの乗機。戦後連邦軍に接収され、各種の性能テストが行われる。
カラーリングはもう一機の14BRであるジーメンス(ア・バオア・クー戦)機に似ている。機体番号は022。

・MS-14BR ゲルググ高機動型 R型(デビッド・チェイスマン少佐機)

機体を赤、左半身に白と黒のインベーションストライプを施した機体。ジョニー・ライデンカラーにジャコビアス(ア・バオア・クー戦)機同様のストライプを足したカラー。
チェイスマンは、過去にMS-06ザクIIとMS-09Rリック・ドムを乗機としているが、赤をパーソナルカラーにしたことはなく、手違いによるものかもしれないが、詳細は不明。 機体番号は001。

・MSM-07N ラムズゴック(プロンジュール隊機)

北ヨーロッパ方面を作戦海域とした水陸両用MS部隊プロンジュールは、部隊カラーのライトブルーにホワイトラインを配したラムズゴックを使用。同隊はMSM-07ズゴックとの混成部隊。

・MSM-06 ジュリック(南米戦線仕様)

ザクIIのようなライトグリーンカラー。生産数は2機、5機説の2つがある。終戦後連邦軍に捕獲。

・EMS-05F アゾック/EMS-05F アゾック(対MS地雷掘削機)

EMS-05アッグのバリエーション。支援MSとして両碗に多様な武装を収めたウエポン・ポッドが標準装備。戦闘車両や地上施設など固定目標に威力を発揮。ゾッグのように前後対象。戦後連邦軍が接収。
対MS地雷掘削機は、腕部を鋭利な爪3本とドーサー2基が付いた地雷掘削装置と呼ばれるものを装備。

・FA-78[G] フルアーマーガンダム陸戦タイプ(タイプ2) 

緑色迷彩ではなく、白をベースとした寒冷地迷彩。

・RGC-80 プロトタイプジム・キャノン(タイプ2)

腕部と脚部にRX-77ガンキャノンの一部装甲を流用。バックパックもガンキャノンに近いものとなっている。砲身の固定位置の変更でキャノン基部はジム・キャノンと似ている。

変更(追加)された設定

・MS-14C-1A ゲルググキャノン(キマイラ艦隊所属 ア・バオア・クー戦仕様)
→MS-14C-1A ゲルググキャノン(ジャコビアス・ノード大尉機)

漫画『機動戦士ガンダム MSV-R ジョニー・ライデンの帰還』ではジャコビアスが操縦しています。
また、ガンダムエースに付録した「MSバリエーション-R ハンドブック」でも同様に「MS-14C-1A ゲルググキャノン (ジャコビアス機)」に変更になっていることからも元々ジャコビアス機として設定されたのでしょう。
「MS-14B 高機動型ゲルググ(ジャコビアス機)」の言及もあります。

・MS-14BR ゲルググ高機動型 R型(キマイラ艦隊所属 ア・バオア・クー戦仕様)
→MS-14BR ゲルググ高機動型 R型(ジーメンス・ウィルヘッド大尉機)
toysdream

Actual answer: Not really any other new machines in the collections, just color variations. There's a Prototype GM Cannon Type 2 (which is kind of new); custom MS-06FS and MS-06S colors for Eric Mansfield, Gabby Hazard, and Robert Gilliam; David Chaseman's and Aimee Diplome's MS-14BR colors; and variant colors for the GM Cannon Space Assault Type, Full Armor Gundam Ground Type, Jurick, and RamZ'Gok.

-- Mark
AmuroNT1

As a random aside, am I the only one disappointed that the Full Armor Gundam Ground Type is an RX-78 rather than an RX-79[G]?
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Calubin_175

That is kind of sad, but the only similarity is the designation [G] while it is still a 78. Meanwhile, we have a Full Armor Slave Wraith coming up.
toysdream

AmuroNT1 wrote:As a random aside, am I the only one disappointed that the Full Armor Gundam Ground Type is an RX-78 rather than an RX-79[G]?
I don't think that was ever likely. As we've already noted, the MSV-R series completely ignores all the mecha designs produced since the original MSV series, including the stuff from games and OVA series. (It refers to some of the OVA characters, like Cima and Norris, but never the mecha.) A little odd, but those seem to be the rules of the game they're playing.

If you were to go through and "reinterpret" the MSV-R series to take the OVAs and side stories into account, as the Harmony of Gundam series did with some of the old M-MSV designs, then the Full Armor Gundam Ground Type would logically end up being based on the RX-79(G) or even the Pixie.

-- Mark
FinalSin66

what is the purpose of the right waist plate on the RX-78-1 as seen in this image

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2011 ... undam1.jpg
AmuroNT1

I know some models of the Proto Gundam used the right hip as a "holster point" for the beam rifle.