The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SonicSP

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

Also, Kaeru isn't one of the Seven Stars which makes me think that he was like the highest rank but didn't survive long after the war or at least didn't have descendants.

I mean, they were laws that whoever can pilot his mobile suit rules Gjallahorn. They likely wouldn't do that for somebody who isn't better and the other seven Gundams apparently don't have a similar rule.
yazi88

Makes you wonder if which of the 7 families still had their Gundams at this time or maybe some of those containers were empty cause those Gundams might be gone. So far aside from the Bael the Kimaris was under Gaileo's family. Then there is the side story manga where the main character's Gundam belonged to a disgraced (possibly Lower House) of Gjharrhorn. Cause we don't know what the power structure is under the 7 houses, but the manga tells us there was a disgraced family, which might be a lesser tier that also was outcast.
Gone Astray

The Warren family was given ownership of the Astaroth, so no, it's not one of the Seven Stars units. I believe it was mentioned that all of their Gundams still in their possession and counted as the 26 still working. If that's the case, it makes one wonder why the families didn't pull out their units when things started heating up with Tekkadan, although it does stand to reason that McGillis and Rustal would have declined their usage and Iok would have been denied it by his family.

Also I'm not entirely sold on the idea that Gjallarhorn just kind of forgot that the AV system was needed to activate Bael, especially since we've seen other Gundams start up without having it.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
yazi88

I never said the Astaroth was owned by a 7 stars family, but a lesser group/family ranked below them that was still influential in Gjarrhorn that fell from grace. We don't know the hierarchy of the 7 families and Gjharrhorn, only the manga tells us there are other families that have influence in it, cause the show doesn't make mention of it at all.

The AV system is taboo for Gjharrhorn/Earth sphere and only a few are even researching to use it without the chain of command knowing about it. Most of the secrets of the AV and other tech is still kept under wraps, like mobile armors which only a few in Gjharrhorn even still know about.

I'm also guessing the Bael is treated as a ceremonial piece kind of like a museum piece and left unaltered to symbolize the founder. The 7 families also made sure no one went near it and kept it hidden in storage that only they themselves can access.

Plus, going by Gaileo's remarks from season 1, he had to take the Kimaris out from storage and most likely swapped out the original cockpit with a normal one.
Kuruni

Also, McGillis is probably the first adult (or second, counting Ein) since Calaity War that get AV implant.

So even if they don't fotget it, the only way to take over Bael would be modify it with normal system like Kimaris. I'm pretty sure you'll have hard time to 1. take it out of the vault, and 2. find some facility and mechanicians willing to do that.
My girlfriend was a loli.
yazi88

Not to mention Bael itself is not at optimal performance without the AV system. McGillis may be a good pilot but he cannot hope to win in combat against a possible MA or a AV piloted MS.
SonicSP

Gone Astray wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:25 pmAlso I'm not entirely sold on the idea that Gjallarhorn just kind of forgot that the AV system was needed to activate Bael, especially since we've seen other Gundams start up without having it.
I suspect Bael might be different than the other Gundams for some reason. I'm not sure why given the little details we have but speculate it might be something like how Kaeru was too synchronized with it that it became impossible to activate it normally. Another possible reason I think is that Bael is usually left alone due to its sacred nature so people don't modify it at all to test or various methods to get a technical answer. This is especially true if Bael is somehow Kaeru with the super full sync thing, perhaps one that went beyond what Mika is now.

It also helps that AV itself was more or less buried by Gjallahorn until recently within their own circles, because of their outright distaste over it being part of the overmechanization of the Calamity War. Part of that will likely involve misinformation over it presumably.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if anybody with AV would even be allowed to go near the sacred Bael, or even remain in whatever position they are (both out of sincere morality on their part and the fear that a political adversary may have a chance to gain absolute power hsoecer slim). Sure Kaeru and the other Gundam pilots used it in times of crisis and they know the system is there, but it's possible that they think that anybody with who descretes their bodies in better times shouldn't even go near there. McGillis had to do a coup just to get his chance, so I suspect even getting a chance at trying to activate Bael is not easy. It's possible that if it ever got out that McGillis used AV it would greatly diminish his "chosen by Bael" status

I suspect McGillis went to great lengths and historical research to somehow conclude that AV is needed as opposed to it being an obvious answer. Like real obscure hidden books and sources and cross referencing as opposed to a quick database Google search kind of thing.
Kuruni

AmuroNT1 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:54 pm Also, regarding the "New Gundam Frame B" (https://i.redd.it/x5gl4zzzvzgy.jpg), some people seem to think it's the Elion or Kujan family's Gundam, but it almost looks like it has Vidar's hip armor with the spare rapier blades, so I'm wondering if maybe they cobble together the leftover parts from the Vidar into a new Gundam for Julietta to use.
Consider what just happen, good chance that it will be Flauros. I doubt that Tekkadan would have chance to collect it.
My girlfriend was a loli.
AmuroNT1

I'm not sure there's enough of Flauros LEFT to be rebuilt...
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
yazi88

Given how long it took for the somewhat damaged Kimaris to be built into the Vidar Gundam, it would to take a LONG time to rebuild the Flauros into this upcoming Gundam, there isn't enough time left in the timeframe of the show. Most likely its another Gundam Frame brought out from Gjharrhorn storage and refitted with Vidar's spare parts.
E08

The long time it takes for Gundam Vidar to be combat ready could be in part due to the Alaya-Vijnana Type E. Rustal did note in episode 34 about 'that system' that was giving Vidar problems.
Dark Duel

Has anyone considered the possibility that perhaps the mystery silhouette was just a placeholder, and that the machine it alludes to is Kimaris Vidar?

I mean, it seems strange to me that a destroyed enemy mobile suit would be collected and rebuilt using spare Vidar parts by a group that already has an overwhelming numerical and firepower advantage.
They don't need to expend the resources to salvage and "maybe" refit an enemy machine because they don't need the one extra unit out there. Then there's the fact that I seriously doubt a salvage job cobbled together from spare parts could be a suitable replacement to the Reginlaze J.
Unless it's Idiok who does it, but that would just be adding insult to injury.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
AmuroNT1

They don't usually make completely new silhouettes just to use as placeholders, though. If it's something that they really don't want to spoil/reveal, they'll just use an existing machine, like say the Barbatos.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Calubin_175

Dark Duel wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:40 pm Has anyone considered the possibility that perhaps the mystery silhouette was just a placeholder, and that the machine it alludes to is Kimaris Vidar?

I mean, it seems strange to me that a destroyed enemy mobile suit would be collected and rebuilt using spare Vidar parts by a group that already has an overwhelming numerical and firepower advantage.
They don't need to expend the resources to salvage and "maybe" refit an enemy machine because they don't need the one extra unit out there. Then there's the fact that I seriously doubt a salvage job cobbled together from spare parts could be a suitable replacement to the Reginlaze J.
Unless it's Idiok who does it, but that would just be adding insult to injury.
Yes, it was just a placeholder. Remember that we had an extra Valkyria Frame silhouette in S1 which turned out to be the Graze Ritter.
yazi88

Apparently Barbatos is getting one last upgrade before the show is over. There is a silhouette of what appears to be the Rex with 4 things sticking out from the upper back. Could be Dainsleff rounds judging by the shape, but I don't know how it would launch them... or it could be another new weapon.
SonicSP

I don't know about that angelic Barbatos thing, that one is suspicious to me.

But given Ebikawa''a vault hint the other day, I suspect at least one new Gundam coming. Perfect opportunity to squeeze out one last Gundam Frame for the kits before the show's ends.
Amion

If Idiok is in a new Gundam I hope it means he's going to have a chat with the Mikatos Rex. That way we are all but guaranteed to see him leave the IBO world, as he should have long ago.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
domino

I think Julietta deserves a Gundam far more than Idiok. With Idiok's dumb luck, he may actually take down Mika :(
AmuroNT1

The Kimaris Vidar model is out, and with it the manual.

Model Number: ASW-G-66
Height: 19.5 meters
Weight: 34.5 tons

Not a lot of info unfortunately. Most of it's concentrated on the drill lance, which has a pair of Dáinsleif launchers on the sides. These units are powered by being connected to the shoulder shields, each of which also stores a single additional projectile (for a maximum of 4 rounds, it seems). The Dáinsleif fires "special KEP ammunition", with KEP presumably standing for "kinetic energy penetrator", just like the Hashmal's claw-mounted weapons.

Interestingly, the description suggests that the KV has the appearance of the original Kimaris from the Calamity War (but I'm assuming things like the black lower half was modified to suit Ein's fighting style). In a stroke of bitter irony, it notes that the founder of the Baudin family piloted it alongside Agnika Kaeru's Gundam Bael to end the war.