Episode 18 - The 4th's 3rd Trip To 2nd [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 18 - The 4th's 3rd Trip To 2nd [4th]

((All AEUG players please continue posting in this thread.))
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Sume Gai

Rick
-Chuikov-
-MS hanger-

Rick was in the hanger as the Nemos that had survived landed. Only two had returned from the battle but Rick wasn't about to waste his time crying over people he barely knew. instead he would keep doing his job till he was relieved.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Fritz Ashlyn

((OOC: I will be skipping the AEUG ahead very briefly in the middle of this post. If you need to do something before the skip then do so, but please indicate in your post when it is taking place to avoid confusion.))

- Outside Side 2 -

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

"Naw, not yet. The doctor is doing the interviews for now. I'm mostly just getting data from the machines. If you need a while to cool off and calm down first, just duck around the doctor. We can come find you later,” Banner replied to Fritz, gesturing behind him where Eddie and Marvin had just left the doctor to his writing on a nearby catwalk. “Thanks for the warning,” Fritz said, kicking off his suit’s shoulder in the direction of an exit. He avoided Dr. M easily and glided down a hallway that led to the pilots’ rec room. He was still irritated about the ignored retreat order, especially with Jim, but the delay caused by his jammed cockpit door and his short conversations with Sager and Rem had taken the edge off his anger. Once he got some water to get rid of the usual dry mouth a returning pilot suffered from he would head to Team 1’s ready room looking for Pan and Jim.

As he waited for the room’s vending machine to spit out a pouch of water his annoyance started to deepen. That stunt had to be Heyden’s idea. MacAlpin was impulsive, but the whole thing smacked of Pan’s aggression. “He could have gotten the kid killed,” Fritz muttered, speaking aloud one of the things he had been repeating in his head. And now he had to try and rein Jim in while listening to a bunch of excuses. He snatched the water from the machine when in appeared and impatiently pushed off the wall to propel himself out of the room.

- Ready Room 1 -

Minutes later, Michiko and Jim entered Team 1’s ready room to find Fritz’ normal suit back in its spot and neither he nor Pan in the room. Jim simply shrugged off their absence and walked over to his locker. “Guess the fireworks have been postponed,” MacAlpin joked as he removed his helmet. His normal cocky smile had returned, but inside he was breathing a huge sigh of relief even at this small reprieve. Michiko frowned slightly at Jim’s reaction and moved to her own locker. Her eyes wandered over to Pan’s locker door as she changed back into a normal uniform, and she stopped what she was doing for a moment when she saw the large dent.

She quickly pulled her tunic down and turned around to find Jim heading for the door. “…Jim,” she called out, “I don’t think we should leave yet,”. MacAlpin stopped in his tracks and turned around with a sour look on his face. “I was afraid you’d say that,” he complained, walking over to take a seat against the back wall. He could think of worse ways to spend his time waiting in a room as Michiko sat down, but going without a shower or food while he waited to get chewed out wasn’t his idea of a good time. “The presence of a girl who probably isn’t at all interested in you is somehow not a comfort,” he thought to himself. He crossed his arms to wait it out.

- Hangar -

Dr. Merkwürdigliebe chuckled to himself as he scanned Eddie and Marvin’s responses. “Good, good!” he hummed quietly as he began to draw complex diagrams in the margins of his notes. He was starting to perceive weaknesses in the designs of the company’s mobile suits, and he was just the man to fix them. He stopped for a moment to look over what he had done so far and then grinned even bigger. “Perfect, yes,” he praised his own work in a strangely objective tone. Sir Gates was not a stupid man, however naïve he might have been about the way a war is waged. When he made a deal with Anaheim Electronics, just like his normal business practice, he did not settle for second best. The doctor began to draw again. This time, instead of simple improvements, they were changes and entirely new ideas. Not all of them were AEUG designs.

- Sick Bay -

Dr. Lekarz was standing outside the door to sick bay talking to Clute and one of the emergency medical crew when Jacob came around the corner on a grip. “Whoa, hold on,” Clute said, holding a hand up as he floated over to get in Jacob’s way. He looked frazzled, but he knew letting Jacob barge into sick bay wasn’t a great idea. “Jack is still out, kid,” Clute said, “He needs to rest,”. The doctor chimed in, “Lt. David sustained severe injuries to his left arm and chest, and I’m concerned about his vision and hearing. That’s all I can tell you at the moment. We managed to stabilize him and as soon as the gravity is back on I’m going to begin more intense treatment,”.

- The Hamburg -
- Bridge -

Capt. Loweno grimaced at the vibrant mental image the Hamburg’s chief mechanic had just conjured for him and hung up his handset. “Trask,” he called out, “The Chief just told me Ens. Kai’s Nemo needs some serious repairs to the cockpit area to be flyable, but it sounds like those won’t take them too long,”. He neglected to use the same language the Chief had. “Hosing the cockpit out”, for example. The captain looked down with a frown at the drink pouch full of bright red fruit punch he had been sipping and quickly handed it off to Lt. Stalvern. Looking a little green, he continued, “Ens. Trask, you’re dismissed from the bridge. Consider yourself on the pilot’s roster full time,”. After a moment he added as an afterthought, “…You might want to stay away from the hangar until they repair that Nemo,”.

- LESS THAN AN HOUR LATER -

- Side 2 Space -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

Just inside Hatte’s official ‘airspace’, the ships of the 4th Squadron crept along slowly line abreast as their captains discussed the fleet’s next move with Capt. Abbey and Wade Wilson. “So we’re committed to stopping in Side 2 then,” Nathan Dombrowski humphed. Abbey was having a difficult time convincing him it was at all necessary to stop in Hatte, despite the assistance of every other captain. “It is the most obvious choice. Hell, the Hamburg used to operate out of 18th. We’ll get help here, I guarantee you,” Capt. Loweno said, trying to avoid arguing in circles with Dombrowski any more than they had to. Abbey spoke up and added, “We’re running low on propellant and other less critical supplies, and MCPO. Wilson is concerned about the damage to the Chuikov. Nathan, I’ve tried to make it clear to all of you that we’d be taking a chance in trying to head directly to Luna,”.

Dombrowski grumbled, “I don’t like the sound of it, Carl. I’m sure we can get supplies and repairs here, but I still don’t like the sound of it,”. Loweno rolled his eyes and even Capt. Guanche flashed a bit of a frown for a split second. “Our choices here are a little more limited than they seem, sir,” Guanche said, trying to keep the main point of the meeting going. He folded his hands in his lap and clarified, “We are aware of increased Federation troop movement within the Side, and the Titans are no doubt more interested in the region after our… activities in the shoal area,”.

Abbey nodded and responded, “That’s true. LtCmdr. Ashlyn informed me the AEUG has an agent active at 21st Bunch “Quebec” that the 4th has had dealings with before. Fritz seems to think 21st is our best bet considering our current circumstances,”. Capt. Guanche nodded and said, “21st has a local government that is sympathetic to the AEUG. I believe the man working there is a Lt. Kobashi. The local port should accept our ships and we will likely be allowed to negotiate the purchase of supplies,”.

Capt. Abbey looked at the images of the other captains displayed on the Dervish’s bridge screens and waited a few moments for any objections to arise. Satisfied, he cleared his throat and said, “All right, gentlemen. 21st Bunch it is. I’ll speak with you all when we’re ready to make contact with the local government,”. The captains responded with a chorus of affirmative replies and the screens went black one by one. Abbey turned to Wade and blew out a big breath. “Wade, set course for 21st. Notify me when we’re 15 minutes away,”.

The captain sat back down in his chair and picked up his handset. He switched it to ‘ship-wide’ and announced, “Attention all personnel. This is the captain speaking. The squadron has just set its course for Side 2’s 21st Bunch, known as “Quebec”. Please remain at minimum combat alert until we are docked. Mobile suit teams, please continue your normal duty rotation,”.

- Near 26th Bunch -

- Magellan Kai-class Berkeley -
- Bridge -

“Sir, the automated observation post at Point 1138 is recording movement… Picture looks like large thruster flares.”

The burly captain of the white ‘83 refit leaned forward in his chair and demanded, “I want printouts of the data and the surveillance images. I don’t care how poor the quality is,”. He knew without having to ask that there shouldn’t be any civilian traffic moving through that observation point's sensor range. “Capt. Yamada,” his XO spoke up, “The beacon at Point 1138 is no longer functioning,”. Yamada grabbed the printed images he was handed and glared at the fuzzy image. It appeared to be a military vessel painted a dull green. “Tell the Fairfax and Zarn to stop their inspection duty and rejoin our formation. We’re finally getting a chance to do our job.”
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
wonton bob

- AN HOUR EARLIER -

-The Hamburg-
-MS Bay-

Bernard quickly exited his Nemo and made for the door leading to the pilot's locker room. Wearing an odd smile, he removed his helmet as he looked over in the direction of Kai's damaged Nemo. Several mechanics seemed to be all over it.

"...seems like Kai had an eventful sortie." Bernard mused

As Bernard continued toward the exit, his movement slowed down when he caught sight of Kai's cracked helmet floating near by. The amount of dried blood caked on the visor made him quickly look away. Sweat rolled down the side of his face as he hurried his pace. Bernard grabbed and yanked on his collar as his terror-stricken eyes were fixated on the door.

"I GOTTA GET OUT. I GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE!!"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
hellbore

-The Hamburg-
-Bridge-

Adam stood and turned to the captain and gave a salute. "Thank you sir. I'll do my best." He moved away from the radar station and exited the bridge. He briefly thought about taking the Captains advice and not going to the hanger and going to bed, but his morbid curiosity got the better of him and he made his way there, sleep be damned.

-Hanger-

When he reached the hanger he was confronted by the wild eyes of Bernard. Who tried to rush past him. He had the sense to let him past. As he walked in he saw what must have freaked Bernard. A shattered helmet caked with blood floated by. He looked beyond and saw the maintenance crew look like they where feverishly working at the cockpit of a Nemo that looked like some giant had taken to it with a giant hammer. Adam suddenly felt very uncomfortable and left the hanger for his quarters.
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Ready Room 2-

Things were now back to normal, nearly an hour after they had gotten back to the ship. Eddie, Marvin and Ian had finished their interview with Merkwürdigliebe, and promptly returned to the ready room they spent most of their time in. They all knew that Wes had made it back with some damage to his Rick Dias, but Curren had yet to come to the ready room while the other three pilots had been there, and nobody checked to see if there was any sign he had been, as they just didn't care.

Things were quiet in the ready room. Marvin was splayed out on one couch, dozing, while Eddie was on another, reading a paperback book, his usual music playing in the background, although not nearly as loud as he usually had it. Ian sat at one of the tables in the room, typing something on a laptop.

The ships' intercomm clicked, giving everyone a heads up that a message was following. Captain Abbey's voice came next, "Attention all personnel. This is the captain speaking. The squadron has just set its course for Side 2’s 21st Bunch, known as “Quebec”. Please remain at minimum combat alert until we are docked. Mobile suit teams, please continue your normal duty rotation,”.

Ian turned in his chair, "Eddie, aren't you from Side 2?".

Eddie's eyes didn't leave the book, again, it seemed, as he spoke. "Yeah, but not 21 Bunch. The colony I was born on got fragged during the One Week War, but the family had moved to the moon by that point." He layed his book down on his chest, a thoughtful look on his face, "I've been to Quebec Colony a few times though. Pretty typical, nothing really special that I remember." Eddie ran his hand through his hair a few times, furthing messing it up, picked up his book again, and resumed his reading.

Satisfied with Eddie's answer, Ian went back to his typing on the laptop.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
ScornMandark

Dervish
- MS Hangar -

Since the mobile suits had finished landing, Rem had been pretty busy collecting combat data. He had tried to help with repairs when he could, but Sagar's team had been really on top of things. To the point where by the time he got to a damaged suit, there wasn't room for "extra help," especially from an outsider. Not that Rem was unsympathetic; many a time had a prototype been screwed up by someone "just trying to help" when they had no idea how to work the controls.

In any case, he had been done for about 20 minutes when the minimum combat readiness alert was sounded. By this time he had taken the time to throw water in his face to rinse some of the sweat off and grabbed a cold drink. Rem was just coming back from his quarters with his portable workstation. He floated back over to where Dr. M had taken over an office adjuct to the MS bay. Inside, Rem opened the portable and started compiling some of the data. "Yep, looks like you were spot on, as ususal. The random binder output was about 7% off nominal, minor damage around the cockput adversely affected the sensors a tictch more than normal, and the recycle time on the pistols were about .13 seconds faster than spec. Still don't have the numbers for actual MW output, are you expecting them to be low since they were cycling faster?"
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Lans

- The Hamburg -

Emington walked his way toward his room with a mix of feeling. He landed without much trouble on the Hamburg an hour earlier but he still felt uneasy about something. Not sure if it was connected to Jeriden’s death; more to that he also felt a bit sore on his throat and a slight headache just after landing.

A quick visit to the sick bay confirmed what he felt as a slight fever. It seems that he wasn’t really that fit when he joined the fleet, the dehydration from the last battle triggered the effect. He got some pills and was advised to rest for two days with a note to avoid coffee and liquor on his menu.

Entering his own cabin and closing the door, he couldn’t help but to think of his team condition. They had towed and secured the Jeriden’s Nemo and it should undergo a complete repair after they checked and fixed the other three. With a flask of water on the table he drinks his medicine and starting to doze off, that is when he realized he have to make a letter to Jeriden’s family.

Randy thinks of what he wanted to say on the letter but before long the medicine starting to kicks in, making him hard to concentrate on anything. He noticed the officer on watch of his early retire today, telling him that he’s really tired but to wake him up if there’s a situation. Randy didn’t bother to file a sick leave, thinking that it was his part of problem and not theirs. Within minute, he slips into the blanket and surrenders himself to sleep.
King Monkey

Jacob almost slams into Clute before letting go of the gripper. Another side effect of being an Earthnoid, he forgets that he's not propelling himself through the halls of the ship sometimes. It's not unlike a water skier forgetting to let go of the rope when he falls down. It's a sure sign he's upset when little things like that slip his mind.

But, he listens quietly as both Clute and the doctor deliver their news. His face is an unreadable mask but it grows paler as Jack's prognosis is given. In the end, he just nods and turns away, grabbing the gripper again and letting it haul his limp body away.

A shower and a change and sitting in his quarters does nothing to help him and finally, when the alert order comes over the comm the questions building up inside him reach a boiling point.

A man on a mission, Jacob seeks out Clute. "I don't understand, Lieutenant," he says with no preamble as soon as he finds the man. "First Lt. Angelina then Lt. David...they're both One Year War veterans and aces, but they've both been injured since I've joined your team. I'm just a green rookie, I don't even know why I was given a Rick Dias, but I haven't been hurt yet.

"It doesn't make any sense! Why them and not me? I'm not a better pilot! I'm the one who should have gotten hurt, not them."

Jacob's painful confusion is writ large on his face now and he searches Clute's face desperately for any sign of an explanation that will make sense of what's happening.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Fritz Ashlyn

- Side 2 Space, Near 21st Bunch -

- The Dervish -
- Mess Hall -

Clute was sitting at one of the tables near the door talking quietly with Michiko and Jim when Jacob barged in. Tideland noted that the kid’s ‘angry barging’ was leagues better than his clumsy use of a gripper outside sick bay now that gravity had been turned back on inside the ship. Clute took his sunglasses off and folded them to put them in his front pocket as Jacob began talking. "I don't understand, Lieutenant. First Lt. Angelina then Lt. David... they're both One Year War veterans and aces, but they've both been injured since I've joined your team. I'm just a green rookie, I don't even know why I was given a Rick Dias, but I haven't been hurt yet. It doesn't make any sense! Why them and not me? I'm not a better pilot! I'm the one who should have gotten hurt, not them."

Clute smiled faintly, but the expression made it clear he was more tired than amused. “I don’t know,” he answered bluntly. He let his answer sink in for a second before he continued, “I think that’s a question every soldier in history has had to deal with. It’s something you’re going to have to figure out on your own,”. Michiko’s pleasant expression darkened as Jacob talked, and she had retreated into her own thoughts as Clute began to answer his young wingman. Markado‘s emotional questions struck close to home for her, quite literally. “Why them and not me? Why was 27th chosen…”

“Hey, man,” Jim irritably interjected, leaning across the table in Jacob’s direction, “You’re not the only one dealing with that crap,”. He was still worked up about the heated exchange between Fritz and Pan that had gone on once the two men had located each other in the ready room several minutes earlier. “Don’t you know you’re supposed to just keep quiet and do what you’re told?”

- Hangar -

Dr. M was busy putting his handwritten work on one of the computers he and Rem had brought with them when Banner entered their temporary ‘office’ next to the hangar. He had done almost all of the math and other technical work in his head as he scribbled notes and doodled, but the computer had to check all his work as it was entered in. Rem spoke up, giving him a needed break from staring at a computer screen. "Yep, looks like you were spot on, as usual. The random binder output was about 7% off nominal, minor damage around the cockpit adversely affected the sensors a tictch more than normal, and the recycle time on the pistols were about .13 seconds faster than spec. Still don't have the numbers for actual MW output, are you expecting them to be low since they were cycling faster?"

The doctor smiled and waved off his colleague’s praise. “I have spent most of my adult life working on mobile suits, Mr. Banner. You eventually learn to anticipate design flaws instead of, eh, just reacting to them. I'm no genius,”. He rose from his seat and stretched. “I’m not so sure the actual output will be lower than expected. The company uses excellent materials,” he responded with one of his half-answers as he took his jacket off and draped it on the back of his chair. The doctor adjusted his glasses and suggested, “Why don’t you take a break until we land for repairs? Once the fleet stops moving we can start interviews again and do some serious work on the mobile suits. I’m going to go get some sleep myself,”.

- Bridge -

Once the 4th was close enough to open communications, Abbey had summoned Fritz to the bridge so he could get in contact with Kujo Kobashi, the AEUG operative working at 21st Bunch. A few minutes later, the mayor of Quebec appeared on the monitors of the Dervish’s bridge. “Capt. Abbey? I am Mayor Samuel Champlain of Québec,” he introduced himself with a small nod of respect. Abbey, who was standing in front of his chair, straightened his posture and got immediately to the point, “Mayor Champlain, thank you for responding to our communication. My fleet is in need of repairs and supplies. If you will provide us assistance, Quebec will be fully reimbursed for all work and materials,”.

Champlain nodded and responded, “Québec is happy to help the AEUG in any way we can, capitaine. My primary concern, toutefois, is the safety of my citizens. The Fédération has increased their presence in Hatte, and I am particularly worried aboat their interest in Québec,”.

- The Far Side Of 21st Bunch -

- Bridge -

“…uébec is happy to help the AEUG in any way--kzzz--ne. My primary concern…zzzZZ…kzhhht… Fédération has increased their presence in Hatte, and I am particularly--vvvvvzzzZ--their interest in Québec.”

“Mayor Champlain, the 4th Squadron will make secrecy our top priority. I understand--sssssszzz-onies worries about being associated with the AEUG, and--”

“That’s enough,” Yamada said with a wave of his hand. One of the bridge crew turned off the speaker and continued making a recording of the conversation between Champlain and the AEUG captain that they were eavesdropping on. His XO cleared his throat and spoke up, “Sir, I believe we have all the evidence we need. There’s no need to take a neutral posture with the AEUG ships now that we’ve confirmed their intentions,”. Yamada snorted, “Of course. We’re going in hot. I want that fleet totally destroyed. The Federation is not going to surrender Side 2 to rebels,”.

The captain rose from his command chair and ordered, “Send a copy of their conversation to regional command before we move in,”. He picked up his handset and announced to the entire ship, “Attention. All personnel switch to full combat alert. We are moving in to engage an AEUG fleet that is attempting to dock at 21st Bunch,“. The EFSF patrol fleet adjusted its heading slightly and slowly accelerated on a path that would bring them around to the side of 21st Bunch where the 4th Squadron was currently located.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

King Monkey

Markado had hardly noticed the presence of Jim and Michiko when he approached Clute. He might have been a bit more polite if he had. As it was, he was far too agitated to think about anything but his questions.

Clute's answer brought him up short. It was far from what he expected. Although, he wasn't particularly sure what he did expect. Maybe some philosophy developed from years of experience. Maybe words of comfort. But not "I don't know and figure it out."

His scowl turned to a frown of confusion and he physically recoiled from the answer, shocked by the bluntness. And then Jim stepped in.

Except, perhaps for the first time, what the man said didn't annoy the person he was talking to. Although Jacob was, technically, a rebel, he had a firm belief in duty. In fact, he'd joined the AEUG because he believed that people had a duty to do what was right, no matter the odds against them.

So, Jacob voices the words that Jim probably never thought he'd hear on this ship. "You're right. We all have our roles to play. There's no time for questions like this, right now. All that matters is stopping the tyranny of the Titans."

He turns his attention to the table in general and gives Clute a salute. "I apologize for my outburst and for interrupting your conversation."
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Lans

- The Hamburg –
- CO’s Cabin –

A hazy vision raised Randy’s suspicion. He saw a chair that somehow he knew really well. He doesn’t really know what to do but then instinct tells him to sit down on that chair. Suddenly darkness evolved around him, but he wasn’t panic. Something about this is really familiar although he couldn’t remember what or why. A combination of light, dark, blinding flash, and complete darkness continue to plays on his vision.

That is before finally a dark green figure appeared. Red is the colour of a circular shape on its head. As fast as the appearance of that very thing, fear starting to overcome his mind. Ended with a complete block to his mind from any rational thinking. He shouted for something but his mouth is keep shut, unable to speak even the faintest of his voice. When he seeks to his right, complete blackness assailed him. When he turned to the left, he was on his bed aboard the Salamis Kai Class, The Hamburg.

Resting his arm and hand on the edge of his bed while the other covering his fore head, Randy thought of his bad dream for a moment. He realized that unlike his body, his mind hasn’t left the battlefield. He knew that time will help him on this matter. Not knowing that what haunted him is the image of many of his flights through at the one year war and not the Titans he faced before.

As expected, he was alone in his own room courtesy of his own privileges of a CO. Only dimmed lights from the screen illuminate his whole room. He felt exhausted as if he just ran a few miles away while the cold sweat on the back of his shirt prevents him from comfort. The slightest sound from the outside world flared his conscious, jolting his awareness to the fullest.

He was sure it’s just a nightmare but his head is throbbing, his right hand confirmed the heat on his forehead. A sign of building fever. Emington threw out his blanket that strapped him to his bed and walk toward his table. He drank his medicines that still lingering on the table with the help of another flask of water. While his throat unexpectedly resisting the water. He still managed to swallow them although the sensation is a real ugly, making him wonder would it fare better if he just vomit them out.

A quick check on the wrist watch told him that he just sleep for a few hours. Another check on his neck that feels awful to touch confirmed that he will get a hard job to swallow his food or drink for today. He light up the room, change his clothes and sit on his chair. He saw pieces of papers on his desk, reminding him to write a letter for Jeriden’s family. With nothing else on his mind, he started to write. Slowly and after three tries, he completed the letter. It’s composed with nothing more than a brief of safe information about Jeriden’s last flight and a simple ask for forgiveness for the loss of their family member.

Sitting and resting his back on the chair, he was thinking to ask another person more competent on this matter to edit or add more in the letter before he submitted the letter. But that is another matter on another time. He eases his mind from thinking too much about it. One way or another that one is done, he just hoped that he will never need to write another one for the rest of his life. The feelings of comfort steal his mind and ability to think. In just a matter of minutes he managed to sleep again with ease.
Wedge14

-Pan Heyden-
-Ready Room One-

Pan took one last drink before he placed the bottle of bourbon back into his locker. He closed the door as best he could, but given the dent and the numbness in his fingers the door, just didn't close like it used to.

Pan lit a cigarette and sat down, he took a long slow drag before he leaned against the locker. He was pissed, the expression on his face could turn milk sour and make Madonna a virgin again.

That Titan unit was almost as much of a sorry lot as the 4th was. If the rest of the AEUG and the rest of the Titan's fought anything like they did, this war would never end.

Pan sat in that ready room for a few hours. 6 empty cartons of cigarettes and one overflowing ashtray was all he left behind.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
EZero8

--Curren--

Wes had indeed snuck in and out of the Ready Room before Eddie and the rest of Team 2 settled in. Unfortunately, in his rush to leave he left his I.D. in his locker, oblivious to that fact until he scrambled to locate it in his pockets and his wallet.

And so, Wes had to return to the Ready Room to fetch it. With news that they were headed to Side 2, he might want to disembark for a bit of downtime. He definately needed time to detox after the previous fight.

Entering the room, he gave a quick nod to the others in greeting before zooming to his locker and grabbing his desired item before leaving again.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
hellbore

-Hamburg-
-Pilots Quarters-

Adam woke up slowly from a short sleep. He couldn't get comfortable and was now even more tired than before. He sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed and cupped his face in his hand. He remembered from earlier, in the hanger. He wondered why that had upset him so much. He had seen plenty of other people die, people he knew better than the pilot who died. Hell, he could barely remember his name. It didn't make any sense. He shook his head to clear it and got up grab his clothes and tugged them om before leaving his room for the ships showers.
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Ready Room 2-

Things remained as normal for a time before the door opened unexpectedly. Marvin remained asleep, while Eddie's view didn't divert from his book, and he couldn't see the door anyway, but Ian could and looked up to see Wes practically charge into the room. Wes' head bobbed, Ian wasn't sure if it was a half-assed nod or just part of his fast pace, as he all but ran to his locker and quickly grabbed something in it.

"Hey, we need to tal-" Ian started to say, but Wes obviously didn't hear him. He'd barely gotten the words out of his mouth before Curren had closed his locker and again all but ran from the room. He'd been in the room for all of 20 seconds.

"Huh?" Eddie said, confused, as his head popped up from the couch.

Ian's expression, part stunned confusion and part anger, framed his answer. "Wes. Moron just walked in, grabbed somethin' from his locker, an' walked out without a word," Ian shook his head.

Eckardy sighed and muttered something to himself, probably a curse. "Alright..." He said and rubbed his eyes, "I'm getting sick of this Wes 'Waaah! I dun't want be on your teeaaam'" Eddie waved his hands and raised his voice in pitch like a frustrated child, "Bulls*** as much as you. When we get to port at Quebec, we'll have a team meeting and settle this crap once and for all."

With that, Eckardy stood and moved to a wall mounted phone. Ian watched as Eddie punched in a few numbers and waited a moment for a response. "Jane? Hi honey...", a pause, "Yeah...", a pause which made Eddie grin, "...Yeah, I wish. Look, can you leave a message on Wes Curren's room's phone, right?" a brief pause, "You can? Great. Have it say, uh, 'There'll be a team meeting in the ready room as soon as we get to Quebec. Be there'". Eddie paused again, and then chuckled. "You mean all these months you could copy my voice and never told me!" Eddie grinned again, "Yeah, I love you too." He said said, still chuckling to himself as he hung up the phone. The mirth faded as his mind went back to the reason for the call. "All right, Jane's putting my message on his phone and she'll broadcast word of a Team 2 meeting over the intercomm before we dock, so somehow, Wes'll know about it."

"Thanks, Ed." Ian said with a weak grin, obviously unhappy with the situation and suspecting that the meeting, if Wes did show up, would probably be unpleasant. Ian shook his head again, while Eddie went back to his reading. Ian sat there for a moment, thinking about the situation some more, before once again returning to his computer. Cowboy remained asleep.
Last edited by mcred23 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Cybaster

Chuikov, Flight Deck

And where was Julian Meighan after all that? After talking to MacAlpin for a bit, Julian found that the Titans were, finally, pulling back. A quick glance around him, however, found that both Jonas and, predictably, Ryu were missing; While personally Julian couldn't care less about Jonas Anderson if he died, as an AEUG pilot he was still obligated to worry about his Squadron Leader's well-being. As such, while Caroline slowly found her way back onto the ship, Julian had circled around quickly for any head or tail of Jonas' existence...and found none.

As such, when Julian finally returned to the Chuikov and landed his Nemo, which was at least in better shape than Caroline's, it disconcerted him a little to hold the thought that he and Caroline were perhaps the only survivors left of the Chuikov's complement. After touching his Nemo down, Julian wordlessly got out of the cockpit and, stoically, walked past everyone, not even stopping to acknowledge Caroline or give her any semblance of needed comfort. He would have to deal with her eventually, but he would put it off unless he really needed to. There was nothing to talk about with her.

At least if the rumors he'd been gathering elsewhere were true...maybe Julian wouldn't have much longer to have to put up with Caroline Tucker, either. He'd be done with her --- in all senses of the word.

After the Chuikov pulled into Side 2, Julian was still determined to do just that --- but it occurred to him by then, at least, that if he was going to stay on the Chuikov he was stuck with Caroline, one way or another. He had not emerged in his quarters at all except when on patrol rotation, gave Caroline courtesy where due, spoke fairly to her. Of Jonas' loss, Julian's facial expression betrayed nothing --- let the others think what they will. Grin and bear, Julian. Grin and bear.

You won't have long left to deal with the AEUG.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

-Chuikov-
-Flight deck-

Rick watched as the two surviving pilots exited. One just left quietly the other seemed to be wasting her time bawling her eyes out over the loss of her teammates.

'Stop wasting your tears they won't help the dead.'
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wedge14

-The Dervish-
-Hangar-

Pan's Rick Dias was still a mess, it had taken some solid damage and it had it's repairs had been neglected due to the other suits being easier to repair, but now the mechanics were mostly finished with the others and had started restoring Pan's 'Pink Lemonade' as the mechanics had dubbed the pink and yellow Rick Dias.

Pan wanted the job done right, so much to the mechanical crews dismay he had stuck his nose right into the middle of the repairs.

"Last time I was out there my gun exploded in my goddamn hand! So make sure you clean the barrels!" Pan yelled to the crew who were working on the gun, his attention then switched to the crew who were replacing the arm.

His face grew red as he kicked off the ground and floated over near the crane operator.

"Don't just replace the arm! I want all the connecters replaced and cleaned! We're fighting a war out here! No screwing around put the arm back down and replace all the female ports on the torso!"

He was clearly causing more trouble then help.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Outside 21st Bunch, Side 2 -

- Bridge -

“Sir, we have a visual--”

“No sh*t, lieutenant. They’re right there. I want all mobile suits launched, now! Open fire when our suits are clear!” Capt. Yamada snapped, pointing ahead in a sweeping gesture. The EFSF security fleet had circled Quebec in a way that had let them creep over the colony cylinder’s ‘horizon’ near the dark end of the colony, using one of the giant mirror arms as concealment. At the other end of Quebec, the 4th had moved to a line astern formation to prepare for docking procedures. Alarms sounded on the Federal ship’s bridge, and soon the first Hizack was streaking away from the large white battleship.

To the Berkeley’s port and starboard, the Zarn and Fairfax had spread out. Within a few seconds of their flagship’s launch orders they were adding their own MS to the growing group that was streaking down the colony hull.

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

The port of Quebec had just lit up their laser beacons to facilitate the 4th’s landing path when the first frantic reports came in from the ship’s observers. Thruster flares made the approach path of the enemy obvious once they began to launch mobile suits, and the combat alarm began to sound in the ships of the 4th. Abbey leaned forward in his command chair and bellowed, “Launch our MS as soon as possible! We have to cut off their initial attack or else we’ll be broadsided while we’re helpless!”. He gritted his teeth as magnified images of the EFSF ships were displayed on the screens of the bridge. “Get us out of this line and take up a better defensive formation!” he ordered, mentally cursing his fleet’s horrible luck. "Where did they come from?"

“Sir…!” Jane yelled over the commotion to get the captain’s attention. She looked pale as she reported, “Captain, the Chuikov is reporting the loss of main engine power… they’re holding their current position but they’re burning through vernier propellant…”. Abbey’s grip tightened on the armrest of his chair. “Move us into a position where we can shield the Chuikov, and get our mobile suits out there!”

- Mess Hall -

"You're right. We all have our roles to play. There's no time for questions like this, right now. All that matters is stopping the tyranny of the Titans,” Jacob replied, causing MacAlpin to reel in his seat. “That‘s not what I meant…” he grumbled sheepishly under his breath, folding his arms. "I apologize for my outburst and for interrupting your conversation,” Jacob said to Clute with a salute. Clute returned it half-heartedly and opened his mouth to give his young subordinate a more comforting response when the alarm klaxon began to wail in the mess hall. The pilots at the table stood up abruptly out of oft-drilled habit and Clute snatched his sunglasses out of his pocket. As he slid them back on he said, “Looks like tea time is over. I’ll find Celeste and meet ya in the hangar, kid,”. Michiko and Jim both gave the pilots from Team 3 a parting nod as they headed for their own ready room.

- Ready Room 1 -

When Michiko entered Team 1’s locker area, she found Fritz trying to clean up an amazing pile of cigarette ash in an attempt to have it all thrown away before the gravity inside the ship was turned off. “Heyden,” he explained as he dumped it into a trash container. Fritz had his normal suit on and was heading for the door, helmet in hand, by the time Jim arrived and started to change. “Everybody get out there ASAP. I don’t know what the full situation is,” Fritz said as he left for the hangar. Michiko pulled the front of her undershirt down and started to pull the arms of her normal suit on as MacAlpin yanked his locker open. “What now?” he griped, “We get to strew on the moon for months, and then this BS starts up again, non-stop,”.

Michiko grabbed her own helmet and attached it to the back of her suit. “Welcome to the military,” she said with a smile. "Well I'm glad you're so cheerful..." Jim grunted.

- Hangar -

“Yeah, yeah. I know. Just do it!” Sager shouted at one of the scurrying mechanics as he took a ‘step’ back to look at his handiwork. Fritz came to a stop on the shoulder of his Rick Dias next to the Chief, and Sager gestured at the cockpit door and said, “She should hold together for now, and she‘ll stay shut and pressurized. We’ll still need to do some serious work once we get into port,”. He pushed away from the suit and clucked, “And some serious painting,” when he noticed the burned and scraped paint job. Fritz opened the Dias’ cockpit and responded, “Don’t worry about the paint. Red is good enough for me from now on,”. Sager gave a thumbs-up and then cupped his hands around his mouth to yell with a laugh, “Oh, and if you feel a breeze once you’re out there, it might be a good idea to close your helmet,”.

Fritz powered up the systems in his suit and noticed Pan Heyden was already in the hangar when the panoramic monitors kicked on. “Pan,” he said through the suit’s loudspeaker, “I’m sure you can take on some Titans flunkies with one arm tied behind your back. Don’t worry about the serious repairs until we’ve got the time,”. After turning the speakers off, he stepped over and picked up a clay bazooka before moving out onto the catapult. Somewhere to his left, Nemos from the New Yark were already launching. “Those guys are on the ball…” he muttered as he watched them form up into a diamond.

“LtCmdr. Ashlyn, Rick Dias, launching,” he announced after getting the green light from the bridge, and his battered mobile suit was pneumatically flung into space above the Quebec colony cylinder.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots