Episode 17 - Star-crossed

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Cybaster

Julian passively eyed his other two team members as he took his place in line on the Chuikov's catapult, just as the newcomer piped up in response to the CIC's quips about launch clearance. The name made his eyes perk up a moment; His name was Ryu Takeda. Takeda? From what little Julian knew of Japanese history (Oda Nobunaga's exploits were of great study in the old Principality private school circles), there was a great warlord by that family name, as brilliant and daring as Anavel Gato himself, perhaps. Julian frowned, shaking his head; it was probably just a coincidence. Didn't Takeda Shingen's house die wholesale during the Battle of Temmokuzan in 1582...?

And besides, if that boy really was the descendent of Shingen, the Takeda were in trouble indeed. Julian just hoped the boy wouldn't be bragging about it to him, Shingen or not --- already having to deal with Caroline, it was the last thing Julian needed. Julian shrugged, and pushed his Nemo forward as soon as he got his clearance. "Julian Meighan, I'm off."

Then his Nemo burst forward and, once clear of the deck, Julian wheeled it around quickly and headed to rejoin Jonas.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Wedge14

-Pan Heyden-
-Dervish Ready room 1-

Pan was about to give his two cents about Axis before he was interrupted by the alarm. He knew they were a bit far from launching so he didn't rush getting changed. He took in the sights as he stripped down to his briefs and donned his flight suit only bringing it up to his waist, and remaining shirtless for the meanwhile. His razor ramon (the US wrestler) style chest hair baring proudly making all who dared stare into it feel a bit insecure about their manliness. Or i guess that's the intended effect, I don't know. I don't really have chest hair. Well I do, but it's like Fred Flinstones. errheem Anyways....

Pan propped his helmet on the bench putting his foot on it lighting a smoke as he nodded halfheartedly.

"If this turns out anything like 83, They'll just be running out with a bunch of rusted out Zakus. But then again they might of had time to prepare since their departure from the earth sphere."

Pan's lips formed a cynical smile as his mind reminisced about the 'good ol days'.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Loser Villain

- Echo Patrol -
- Buxoro Team -

"I think those idiots from the Herakles are covering the other wing. Or were they from the Ipswich? Whatever; whichever team it is, the point is we do have some other Sally team out there right now."

Feeling as though Picard didn't want to hear much more come from Aaron, he figured his silence was enough to acknowledge as a response. He was becoming less then excited about being under his command every time he had to interact with the man. First he gives an order to scramble, then acts as if he never did, then he doesn't even know the name of the other team out on patrol.

Elijah then responded to the question he had asked after giving Picard his rant time.

"A few years worth on the ground during and after the War, no need to really go further. However my time in space is far less impressive."

"Ah, a ground pounder," came Aaron's response, "Glad that some of you guys are still in the forces. Have a lot you can teach to guys like me."

From what he could tell, Elijah was probably going to be a lot more pleasant to deal with then Picard. Well, for now at least.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Lans

- The Hamburg -
- MS Hangar -

“About our mission… as long as the crew of this ship follows my orders and the orders of Capt. Abbey, we don’t have a problem, yes?” Capt. Loweno's voice slowly faded in Emington's ear, he paused there for a moment thinking about the delicate subject about the Axis and his skipper's answer to the problem. He too was curious to death about this unexpected development of war but somehow he felt nobody has the answer yet to this matter. Without anymore doubt he answered, "I understand sir. Rest assured we'll follow order. I'll be in the bridge after these 2 ready. If you'll excuse me sir, Emington out."

Randy was about to jump into the crowd that doing generator checks in his own Nemo when Jeriden arrives in the hangar. Jeriden saluted him first, "Sir". Randy acknowledge his salute and answer casually, "Where you've been Ensign Kai? I see you're on your pilot suit already, you see Alfred and Korbel?"

Jeriden replied as he followed Emington into a particular Nemo, "No sir, I haven't meet other pilot. I was watching the whole checking and rechecking near my unit. Don't really know what to do since they told me that they didn't need pilot help for now." Emington his CO is addressing several mechanics and hangar crew before entering a Nemo cockpit. Jeriden follows near and offers help, "Need a hand sir?".

Before Jeriden could wait, Randy already called him, "Ensign Kai, you might want to get back to your unit and assist the mechanics there. They'll told you what to do. If that being done, get some food and rest for a bit. I scheduled Alfred and Korbel for a patrol while we'll be on stand by. Oh about the.. " his CO waved his hand, gestured Jeriden to come closer. Jeriden come closer into the hatch door and hearing, "About the Axis thing, since you're not from the military. First of all it's true. There's a lot news and gossips around but nothing has change. We're in the military now, we'll follow order. If you don't have any question that would be all."

Jeriden responded better than Randy has anticipated, "I see. So I didn't miss much about that. Well as long as the order doesn't told me to go Titans, like gassing a colony or suppress innocent civilian I'm good to go." Jeriden grinned and went into his unit.
Cardi Doorl

- Chuikov Team -

"Chuikov Team, all in?" barked Jonas as he noted the three other Nemos from his team.

"Good. We're pulling recon out there, so stay tight and keep your eyes open. If we run into anything out there, do not engage, even if we determine them to be hostiles, unless given the order to do so.

"Alright. Julian, take lead. I'll back you up Caroline, Ryu: trail us a couple dozen meters. Make sure to keep within visual range. Let's go."

Having Julian take lead was entirely practical. The guy did have good eyes and did, after all, get almost all of his past flying experience in recon work. Jonas, for his part, rocketed forward, keeping his eyes peeled and making sure his attention was at full throttle.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Sume Gai

Chuikov
-suit room-

Rick stood in the corner of the suit room wearing a spare pilot suit doing his job; Waiting, he was to wait and either perform field repairs or take over for tired or injured pilots that return.

in the mean time he would wait...
wonton bob

- The Hamburg -
- MS Hangar -

The clamor of the hanger crew caught Bernard's attention as he awoke and turned on the monitor. He was informed about his assignment as he exited his Nemo.

another possible sortie?...well it does kill off the boredom. Hopefully Al has calmed down a bit. I can't see why a kid like that shouldn't have a long life.

As Bernard heads toward the locker room to change, he looks up at the readied Nemo with confidence that he will not repeat the mistakes of the last mission. A group of techs nearby ready themsevles before a launch.

"Tell Lt. Emington I be ready to go in five!"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov
- Corridor, Near Beta Team Ready Room -

Wolf made his way out of the ready room to come face-to-face with Nick Te'litha. All things considered, Gamma Team's leader was oddly silent. Wolf had to get to the suit bay, and the white-haired freak was in the way.

Wolf furrowed his brow and snarled, "Out of the way, snake." The words were merely habitual, though, as Wolf didn't wait for the bastard to make way. He instead extended his left arm to stiff-arm Nick out of the way as Wolf floated his way down the corridor.

Not far back, Ryo Naka was hastily dashing into the ready room to change. At the same time, the order for all suit teams to be ready for launch went over the PA system.

- Main Bridge -

Stukov slipped into the bridge shortly after the conversation between Trent and the Commodore trailed off. The Russian immediately floated to the front, in front of even Kellman, and leaned forward to gaze out at the taskforce's surroundings.

"I see the Lieutenant Commander is eager to fight as always," sniffed the Commodore.

"Not to fight, Commodore Ritter," replied Stukov, without turning from the panorama, "But to kill."

"Even worse," murmured the Commodore, "Fighting solely for the sake of fighting is already a meaningless existence. Fighting only to kill places you below the animals."

Now Stukov turned to face the Commodore and said, flatly, "This animal could just as easily kill you, sir."

The Commodore, to his credit, didn't bat an eye at Stukov's sudden threat (to a superior, no less) and answered, "I can see why there are rumors of your insanity, Aleksandr. You-"

"Contacts detected!" hollered radar man Gojiro Nakagawa suddenly. The man's face took on a humiliated grimace as he realized he'd interrupted the Commodore.

"What do we know?" barked Trent, "Are they hostiles?"

"We can't verify yet," grunted Sergei Trochinsky, "Too much debris and residual Minovsky interference. We can only determine that thruster flares were sighted. Most likely mobile suits."

"Put the current patrol teams on full alert and in a defensive position. All other suit teams are to be ready for launch."

"But sir!" protested Trochinsky, " We don't know if these mobile suits are-"

"Hostile?" cut in Trent, "Yes, they could be another Titan unit or even EFSF regulars just as easily as they could be AEUG or some other enemy faction. If they're hostiles, however, I want them eradicated as quickly as possible."

"But if they're friendly, won't our actions raise the possibility of startling them into action? Aren't we risking a friendly fire incident?"

"All the more reason to be ready," snapped Trent, "If this turns into a friendly fire disaster, I'd rather we come out on top."

Trochinsky now looked upon his Commander with utter conviction that he was looking at a madman. But Trent had his reasons. Basically, no matter what turned out to be the case, he didn't want his men being the ones shot down.

The door to the bridge slid open and then shut as Stukov took his leave.

Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

Sam's eyes narrowed as the man snooping around Gilliarme's Barzam extended his hand.

"Nice to meet you. I wonder if you can help me out?--oh, I'm sorry I didn't catch your name."

"Excuse me," snapped Sam coldly, "My team has to launch for patrol duty. If you need some help with a problem, go ask someone who can help you."

At this point, she was level with the Barzam's cockpit hatch. Sam reached out with her own hand and... pushed off Jason to redirect herself to her own Barzam. "And I suggest you not get used to unsolicited snooping, Jason."

Sam managed to grab hold of the cockpit hatch's entry handle on her own Barzam and opened it. Before stepping in, she called over to the nosy pilot, "If you must know my name, then call me Ens. Fulton."

Not bothering to hear the man's response, Sam pulled herself into the cockpit and closed the hatch as she started prepping the machine for launch.

-

Ltjg. Shin Yamamoto had actually reached his Barzam before Sam had arrived on the scene, but had said nothing to the men snooping around Gilliarme's suit. That fact bothered Shin: why hadn't he spoken up against the guys intruding on the Lieutenant's machine? He shook his head and went back to focusing on checking his Barzam's systems, seeing that the propellant tanks were full, weapons were fully charged...

- Taskforce Echo Patrol -
- Kalinin Team -

"Form a defensive screen, men," called out Lieutenant Commander Alpha Bate, "Runnels, take position 2! Cranston, position 3! Kuwani, position 4! Let's go!"

The Marasai and three Hizacks of Kalinin Team formed a diamond "above" the Kirov, such that the plane formed between them would face where the unidentified mobile suits were located.

Fritz Ashlyn

- Outside Side 2 -

- The Dervish -
- Ready Room 1 -

Pan Heyden struck a manful pose as he lit another cigarette and grunted, "If this turns out anything like ‘83, They'll just be running out with a bunch of rusted out Zakus. But then again they might of had time to prepare since their departure from the earth sphere,”. Fritz adjusted his position to compensate for the parts jutting off of his normal suit and drummed his fingers on his helmet. He almost felt like sitting around in a suit was worse than wearing one in combat; at least he had learned to ignore it while he was preoccupied with flying. “Something tells me they haven’t been sitting idle out there for all these years. Even if they‘ve just got Zakus, you can bet they‘re well maintained,” Fritz joked.

- The Chuikov -
- Bridge -

Capt. Dombrowski folded his arms and watched in steely silence as his Nemos’ thruster flares grew smaller and smaller in the distance. Something felt strange, and he couldn’t figure out what it was. “Update,” he demanded suddenly, startling the crewman whose station he was standing behind. “No contacts, captain. Minovsky levels are negligible,” one of his men called out with rapid-fire military precision. The helmsman picked up where he left off with the same well-drilled tone, “The debris this far out is thin, sir. We’re in little danger,”. Dombrowski’s eyes narrowed and his ever-present frown deepened. “We’re in little danger as long as those good-for-nothing observers do their job correctly,” he grumbled.

“Captain, our mobile suits are nearing the edge of their assigned patrol range. Lt. Anderson should be reporting in so--”

“What is that?” Dombrowski barked. He unfolded his arms and leaned closer to the viewport to get a better look. “I-- sir, the observers haven’t reported--,” the comm officer responded, but the captain cut him off with a derisive snort. “The observers on this ship wouldn’t spot a Dolos-class if it were fifty meters in front of us…” the captain muttered as he raised his field glasses.

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

“Sir, Capt. Dombrowski is reporting sightings of more than four thruster flares ahead of us,” Jane announced. Jungst leaned back in his seat and added, “None of the other ships are confirming anything... I think he’s seeing things,”. Jane shook her head and informed Capt. Abbey, “The Chuikov has just gone to full combat alert,”. Abbey gritted his teeth. “Damn it, Nathan...”

“Keep us at yellow. Lt. Anderson’s team is out there; I want more information before we trip over ourselves getting ready for nothing.”
Last edited by Fritz Ashlyn on Sun May 25, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
EZero8

--Dervish--
-Ready Room 2-

The PA announcements telling pilots to standby has essentially become a normal part of daily life on the 4th. At this point they will not go a day without having one change in alert status, and Wes is now grown accustomed to having to jolt back into reality after zoning out for a few hours. Following the routine, Wes headed over to Team 2's ready room to prep up.

Walking into the room, Curren gives a simple "Yo" to his teammates as he finds them lounging around with coffee tubes. With a raised eyebrow, he scans around the room only to find more and more of those tubes.

"Do you guys always do this before a battle...?" he wondered out loud. With the amount of coffee they were draining, they might as well take a few caffine shots. At least it explained for their goofy(?) personalities while off-duty.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
hellbore

Trask was bent over his radar screen when suddenly the Minovsky Interference levels spiked. He called out to the captain, "Captain Loweno, sir! The Minovsky interference has increased dramatically. What do you think of it?"

Though he didn't saw it out loud, Trask was very worried that this was a Titans patrol. It didn't help that the radar was so cluttered with debris that identifying anything smaller than a cruiser.
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Ready Room 2-

They were still sitting around, idly chatting about nothing in particular, when the door to the ready room opened and Wes Curren walked in with a "Yo", followed by a raised eyebrow and "Do you guys always do this before a battle...?"

Marvin's face quickly settled into a frown upon seeing Wes, while Eckardy's goofy grin remained as it usually did, but it was Ian who spoke first. He leaned back with an easy going grin, his tone innocent. "Well, if you actually spent any time with your new teammates, you'd probably know the answer to that." Ian glanced at Eddie, who let out a quiet snort of a laugh at the comment.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Lans

- The Hamburg -

The generator stared silently and then increased to a soft humming, it's a job done for the mechanics. With sweat and smile they withdraw from the scene bringing along their various tools and equipments just like old veterans winning the day. The last one to be tuned and checked is Jeriden's Nemo. Now all four Nemo's are in ready condition. Emington just finished personalized the settings on his MS when a screen light up showing a crew he just ordered few minutes ago. "Sir, Ensign Korbel said he'll be ready on 5. We're still looking for Ensign Alfred, apparently he's not in the hangar. Is that all sir?"

"That would be all, thank you..." Randy was about to close the channel when the thinking about Alfred comes into mind, "Oh yeah, where's Ensign Korbel when you find him?"

"He's in his unit when I found him. But I saw him going into the ready room." Again Randy thanked the man before switching the comm to Korbel's Nemo but the comm line is off, meaning Korbel isn't in his unit yet. He dismissed the thought of asking Bernard about Alfred, that being done Randy get out from his Nemo and floated his way toward the ship's corridor. From the corridor he walked his way toward the bridge, by the time he entered the bridge Ltjg Trask was reporting his findings on his post. Randy was about to salute but he stayed there for a moment trying to digest the current situations. He walked toward Trask's post and try to observe the screen, he saw a spike in the readings but nothing really significant for now.
wonton bob

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

Sam reached out with her own hand and... pushed off Jason to redirect herself to her own Barzam. "And I suggest you not get used to unsolicited snooping, Jason." Before stepping in, she called over to the nosy pilot, "If you must know my name, then call me Ens. Fulton."

With a dissatisfied look Jason examines his hand and finds it to be fairly clean, so what gives. He then attempts to put Patrick in a headlock.

"Ahhh, she called me Jason...and she looked back! She coulda just left without saying a word..hot damn!" Rubbing his chin and waving at Ens. Fulton's Barzam, Jason falls into deep thought and unadulterated fantasies. "You think she's single? "Did ya see the cute scar?"

Ens. Fulton huh....she gonna be one tough cookie to crack

The announcement of all mobile suit teams to be ready roused Drossel from his daydream. Jason's demeanor instantly changed to a more serious attitude and pulled Miller back away from the Barzam before it's owner arrives and flung him toward the pilot's room.

"Get in gear and be in your Marasai in two minutes! We got bugs to squash."

Jason already in a normal suit dashes to his side of the hanger. But before leaving the area he gives an uncharacteristic salute at the Barzams. It being the suits first mission he thought something should be done.
Xvlai

- Alexandria Class-Kirov -
- Corridor, Near Beta Team Ready Room -

Sven had sat silently as Wolf had changed. When Wolf had left he had gotten up and followed him out, only to nearly bump into the back of him. Some Titans officer blocked their way, but Wolf just strong armed past him. Following in the gap Sven allowed himself a long stare at the white haired officer.

Hmm.. doesn't look dangerous. Although there is clearly tension between these two. Shrugging, Sven moved on down the corridor. What was it he called him a snake? Well as long as he does not interfere with the destiny; I will have no problems with him.

Passing the strange officer by, he followed Wolf down the corridor to the mobile suit bay.
EZero8

--Dervish--
-Ready Room 2-

"Well I know where to find you guys when I decide to do that..." Wes replied as he walked over to his locker. He pulled out his pilot's suit and helmet to get ready to change into it.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
ORegan

Patrick's mind was attempting to process all the questions asked by Jason before he was flung in the direction of the Pilot's locker room. While floating away, his only response was something actually slightly intelligible. "Uhh.. I don't know her. But I'll be out in the time you gave me."

Luckily, one of the tech's learned quickly that Pat had....issues with zero-g environments, and lent a hand in getting him into the room. In about a minute and a half later, Patrick was out of the locker room fully suited up and being led to his MS.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
wonton bob

- The Hamburg -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

-5 minutes later

As the monitor lights up and all systems come on-line, Bernard looks down at his shaking leg. With some will power he gets it to stop. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, Bernard tries to steady himself.

Opening the comm Bernard broadcasts his status as the Nemo's hatch automatically closes and secures itself.

"Ens. Korbel. All systems green. Standing by."
The Big Zabowski

"F**k!"

Al jumped out of his bunk and zipped up his flight suit, having attempted to take a 5 minute nap which turned into a 30 minute nap. The sound of the buzzer on his comm was enough to make his ears bleed as he floated over and checked the display.

Current Time: 00:31
00:12 Report to the hangar deck in 5.

"Damn!" Al kicked out of the room with his helmet in tow, launching himself through bulkhead doors and hatchways to make his way quickly to the hangar deck. It didn't take the young pilot long before he came to the airlock for the deck, and forced him to stop to lock and seal his helmet. While he fussed with the lock, Al punched the plate to open the door, and floated in while he sealed his helmet. A loud hissing noise denoted the depressurization of the airlock, and a green light on the other end of the small room denoted that it was safe for him to exit and head to his suit.

Al lunged out of the airlock and floated over to his Nemo that was being spooled up and readied for sortie, swinging himself under the blue armor overhang that covered the cockpit hatch and popped it open, kicking off the hatch and seating himself in the cockpit as a technician came up to see him off.

"Al, we've brought the foot thrusters back into working order, power unit seemed to be fried still from that last mission. Sorry we missed it."

"Hey, don't worry, just get me a rifle already. Nick, be sure you clear out before we launch. I think they've put us on red."

"Yeah, don't have to tell me twice. Happy hunting dude!"

"Right!"

Al punched in the commands to seal the cockpit hatch as the panoramic cockpit came to life, the darkness becoming illuminated by the glow of the monitors that covered every inch of the cockpit wall. He patched himself in to the bridge, and to Bernard to check in.

"This is Ensign Izuruha, I'm all green as well. Sorry about the wait."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)