Episode 16 - R&R [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
wonton bob

- Hamburg -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

After having met with a group of mechanics, Bernard was on his way out to finally getting some sleep. It seems the suits were too new and came with a few minor problems that would take some time to adjust but it could be done easily.

Things were looking up for this old pilot. Having conquered a developing fear of the cockpit gave him hope that he won't lose it during combat. More importantly the nightmares that haunted him have been fading more and more. It could have all been because of the lull in activity. Either way he was taking advantage of the quiet.

After being informed of a pilot briefing it would seem that sleep would have to wait. With a stretching yawn Bernard drifted over to the two new pilots already in discussion.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Wedge14

-Le Derviche-
-Ready Room 1-

Finally someone arrived, It was Fritz Ashlyn. He glanced at Pan as he patted his pockets asking him if he had a cigarette to spare.

Pan exhaled as he pulled out a carton of king sized cigarettes. He passed one to Fritz then handed him his Zippo with the federation insignia on it, and his initials engraved into the bottom. The lighter was the closest thing he ever got to getting a pension when he was discharged.

"Typical that they let us sweat off a pant size or two in here, then expect us to jump so quickly." He said with an unfitting grin.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Lans

- Hamburg -
- MS Hangar -

Randy was asking some detail on the MS in exchange of his approval when a noticeable person, at least not a usual crew approaching him. The person landed, offered his casual salute and said, "Lieutenant Junior-Grade Adam Trask reporting. Since you're CO I'll ignore any issues of seniority. I guess I'm your spare,".

Randy noted the grin and answered casually, "Glad to have a spare but don't count on it yet, officer Trask." Randy get back to discussion with the hangar crew for a moment before finally refused to give his approval saying, "Come to see me after the briefing, I just can't agree with you for now since I haven't received any feedback from my pilots."

With that being solved, he faced the man named Trask again, this time more properly and said, "Ltjg Randy Emington, nice to meet you. About the replacement or spare pilots issue, I haven't make up my mind. But I'll send people who I see fit to seat on those MS, and that would be based on experience. Let's wait for other pilots and start our briefing. In the mean time, have you checked any MS in here; the hangar crews are asking if we need any fix or calibration since we're leaving sooner than expected."

Two other men floated toward their direction, Randy recognize the older of the two. The one he asked when he arrived here, Bernard the Ensign with the scar. Somehow, Randy got the impression that this man is dependable and up to the task. The other one is new face for him, probably the one named Jeriden or maybe Al Izuruha. He'll wait till everybody is presence and give his little briefing.
wonton bob

OOC: I'm assuming Jeriden is an npc for all to abuse so I'm just dragging him over to the meeting...don't really want to control him.

- Hamburg -
- MS Hangar -

As Bernard landed he stood at attention. Unsure if the new C.O. was one of those stickler of the rules and such. Better to be on the safe side.

"Ensign Korbel. Reporting in sir, if you don't mind I already a word with a few mechanics. I found a glitch on my monitor which pretty much gives me a blind spot. I assume it's on all the "new" Nemos so I'm having them check the whole line."

Ens. Kai is next to join the group as he lands next to Ltjg. Emington.

Wonder where Al is? Haven't seen him in a few..
The Big Zabowski

Al kicked off the floor as he floated across the hangar floor, cigarette in his mouth and a lighter in hand as he brought it up to his mouth and lit the cigarette. It had only been a recent change, but somehow Al found the use of cigarettes to be some sort of solace and escape from the war. The small white tobacco stick hung from his mouth, smoldering slightly as he pocketed his military issue/bartered lighter.

Al then came to a stop behind Bernard and pulled the cigarette from his mouth, tapping off the ash tip before sticking the smoke back in his mouth. With a lazy salute, he acknowledged Emington and nodded to the rest of the group. They would notice that for some reason, Al looked much older than he had since the start of the leave time, bags formed under his eyes as well as dark rings around the bone structure of his eyes.

The kid hadn't slept during the whole time off duty.

"Sir, Bernard..."

If Bernard was any the wiser, he'd pick up on Al's switch from Bernie to the more formal Bernard. Something was definitely amiss.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Lans

- Hamburg -
- MS Hangar -

Korbel and the other person behind him landed. Korbel is the first to report, "Ensign Korbel. Reporting in sir, if you don't mind I already a word with a few mechanics. I found a glitch on my monitor which pretty much gives me a blind spot. I assume it's on all the "new" Nemos so I'm having them check the whole line."

The other person gave his salute and report after Korbel, "Ensign Jeriden Kai reporting. About the MS, I have checked my Nemo but I don't find anything wrong in particular, just need several adjustment. But I'll look up to you sir for this issue since I'm not that experienced yet with MS."

Randy gave them a casual salute, he's still waiting for another pilot. Just when he wanted to reply, there's another one come up from the crowd he approached Bernard and saluted Randy somewhat lazily. Finally he said, "Sir, Bernard..." There's a cigarette still smoking in his mouth. Something is amiss from this men, Randy decide to deal with him latter after asking for some detail from other, probably Korbel who should knows Al better than him.

Emington looked at his men and said, "People, listen up. The name is Randy Emington, currently I'm your CO on the Hamburg and you're stuck with me for the time being. As you know we got 15 hours before leaving the port. Meaning..." Randy quickly seeing his wristwatch and continue, "Now we got 14 hours left. I give you a maximum of 4 hours to check, adjust and stationary test your MS. That way you'll get plentiful time to rest, and I advise you to rest. Eat your meal and prepare yourself, I want you all ready in pilot suit 2 hours before leaving the port." He paused there for a time, letting them to digest his order before continue, "That said, I don't want any of you lurking in here and neglect your rest. Give these men, some respect and trust..." Randy nodded toward a bunch of hangar crew and mechanics, "They'll handle your MS well and there's no reason why they wouldn't, the Hamburg along with their own lives depend on it."

"About the pilot roster, we'll go by the original order. Meaning I, Korbel, Jeriden, and Alfred would be in active duty. While Ltjg. Trask would served as replacement pilot. Ease yourself gentlemen, he's here as a spare for your poor CO if the Titans managed to get the better out of me." Randy grinned a little and added, "I don't know why you folks decided to going rebel and entered the AEUG service and frankly I don't want to know about that either. But since you're here I assume all of you has something to do with the Titans. Rest assured that you'll see plenty of Titans, probably a lot more than you'll ever wanted to..." He saw Bernard and Al, they seemed silent while Jeriden is somewhat enthusiastic about this matter. Not sure about Trask who still maintained his pose and face.

Randy get back to his formal tone and continued, "Back to the primary issue, any glitch, error or any fault that effect all Nemos like the ones that Ensign Korbel said earlier should be noted immediately to me or the chief mechanics. You could make personal adjustment to your MS directly to the mechanics without have to report to me. Gentlemen if you don't have any questions, that would be all."
Ascension

-Dervish, Random Hallway

Jim strolled lazily along through one of the Dervish's many winding corridors. He wasn't 100% sure where he was, and quite frankly he didn't care. It was much easier for him to lose himself in the big ship than it had been in the little ol' Chuikov. That was one of his favorite features of the fleet's flagship. Sadly, he was too experienced to use getting lost as an excuse to be late for meetings, but it still had its uses in other situations.

((OOC: If anyone who's in the know has any random excuse to run into Jim, I really can't wait for him to find out that the fleet's heading to make a deal with Axis.))
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Psyden

--Christmas Eve, UC 0079--
--Somewhere in the ruins of Zarn--

Alarms sound throughout the Dallas and the personnel within begin running towards their posts. Pilots crowd the airlocks and jettison themselves into the void of space to scramble to their suits. Within moments, the first of them starts moving, a GM Space Command painted head to foot in white and various shades of light grey. Behind it, another Command with a bazooka, and a Sniper II both begin coming to life. Further behind this trio is another, all mass production variants of the Guncannon. On two other Salamii in the small fleet, a similar scene unfolds. Teams of GMs led by Light Armor variants depart from their ships, bringing the total Federal Forces deployed in the area to 18 suits, 8 Balls, 4 Salamis Light Cruisers, and 3 Columbus Transports. Ahead of the fleet, obstructing their path, are 3 Musais, most likely an interdiction force sent to attack the fleet that they inadvertently stumbled in front of.

Quickly, the Federal Mobile Suits and Pods move away from their mother ships as they form a defensive perimeter. Even as they do so, the lead vessel, the Dallas, opens fire with a full salvo from her missile batteries and tubes, targeting the closest Musai, and the ship behind, the Las Vegas, launches a missile spread set to detonate between the two opposing fleets to collapse passageway and prevent the enemy from coming around through tunnel. Since the Federal fleet is cruising rather shallowly in the Shoal Zone, the commanding officer of the fleet, Commander Michael Wall, decides to take the ships under his care and command out of the shoal to fight the interdiction fleet on terms of his choosing. All seven ships of the Federation Fleet angle up on slightly separate courses, each finding their own paths through lighter portions of the debris field. While the ships may not be able to support each other, they still have the cover of their suit and pod teams and the entire fleet won’t trapped with the sinking of a single ship.

As the ships begin their upward angle, Dallas’ missiles hit their target. The Musai’s starboard nacelle explodes and the ship losses directional control, careening into a piece of wreckage larger than it and barely recognizable as colonial debris just as its 3 Zaku IIs, FZ-Types, scrabble from the back. Las Vegas’ missiles detonate only moments later, sending shrapnel into the debris, splintering the debris around it and showering the passageway with dangerous chunks.

Moments later, the Federal fleet reaches the surface and the warships come out into open space while the transports wait just below the surface for protection. 4 mega particle beams streak past the Dallas’ bridge as a pair of Musais, the butchered versions that were chopped up for increased suit capacity, come around a large patch of debris, a pair of Rick Doms and Sniper Gelgoogs flying cover.

As the Salamis Cruisers, now forming up into a V formation, open fire on the Musais, the Sniper II, piloted by Vox Hunt, takes aim and fires. The lead Gelgoog Sniper goes quite, a bullet hole through the cockpit hatch. The second panics and starts spraying his machine beam rifle, but its pilot is dead before the gun can overheat.

Gunfire erupts from below as 6 new model Zaku Iis, which emerge from Shoal just below the fleet. The white command, piloted by Celeste “White Angel” Angelina, racks its beam pistol and dives words them, drawing both sabers. It would seem that the Principality’s High Command believed that the very latest in Zeke Tech would make up for pilot skill and experience. As they pour fire at her and bunch up for mutual protection, she hides behind her shield and closes the distances. A bazooka round streaks in from another vector, fired by Gus Rivers, and hits a Zaku on the shoulder, blowing away the arm and much of the chest away. As the Zakus are shocked and turn towards their attacker and away from the one that has yet to attack, until she does. With sabers extended, Celeste rushes into the crowd of Zakus and cleaves two in half. She attempts to do a spinning slash, but instead of gutting the suit, she only takes out the rifle and wrist. Now facing backwards relative to her direction of travel, she hunkers behind her already beat up shield the rookies in their GMs, and their handlers in LAs come in from behind, wiping out the other four with no problem.

Scanning the scene, Celeste notices that one of the Rick Doms is riddled with holes and another one is in various pieces, the work of the weapons for which the Guncannon was named. The GMs go chasing after the remaining trio of Zakus and the Musai begin diving into the shoal to escape. The Guncannons prepare to give chase when a call goes out over the radio.

“The Madrid’s been hit!”

Celeste turns in time to see secondary explosions rip open a large hole in the Madrid’s armor, just aft of the bridge and to catch a glimpse as something large dives into the rocky debris field of the shoal at speed no said pilot would attempt.

Instantly, the 6 suits which stayed behind to guard the field are on high alert. They scan the depth, searching for what ever attacked their ship. From below, a beam of light erupts from the debris field and strikes one of the Guncannons, vaporizing the midsection. Another bolt removes the upper right chest, arm, and head of another Guncannon as it bursts from the shoal zone and into space, straight for the third. It empties it’s 90mm at the beastly war machine, but the bullets bounces harmlessly off the thick armor. In a last ditch attempt, it fires its 200mm cannons, but the massive machine shows frightening maneuverability and near effortlessly dodges while launching 8 missiles of it’s own. The Guncannon can’t match it’s movements or dodge the missiles and is reduces into a brilliant mini-star and drifting cloud of debris.

Having dispatched the Guncannons, it circles around and fires twice at the Dallas. The forward missile tubes are wrecked by the first and the second stabs deep into the heart of the ship, causing major damage. Gus fires a rocket along the green mobile armor’s path and nearly scores a hit, but the pilot shows his skill by dodging the shot, even if it was close. While Gus’s shot failed to damage the MA, it does draw it’s attention. It swings around and fires its mega particle cannon, effortlessly blowing the RGM-79GS in half.

“NO!”

Celeste maxes her throttle and jets off towards the monster that is single handedly doing what 13 mobile suits could not. Sabers ready, she prepares to meet her attack head on. The pilot of the mobile armor seemingly acknowledges her silent change and closes in full steam. Celeste prepares for an over/under slash faint followed by a front-flip that would hopefully bring her into a position to slice along the top of it with both sabers, but she never gets the chance. The mobile armor’s arms flash out with terrifying speed. Open of it’s massive claws grabs Celeste’s left arm, shield, and torso, while the other grabs a hold of her raised right arm. With a flick of the controls, the Zeke rips the arm from the GM and tosses it aside. Celeste’s other saber is pinned against her suit, unable to be of any use. In an act of desperation, she fires her vulcans until their ammunition is exhausted. The last ditch weapons are of no assistance, the 60mm lacking any for of stopping power.

The doors protecting the mega particle cannon open like a sideways mouth and Celeste stares into what she believes to be the last thing she will ever see in this world. As the MPC is about to fire, 3 bright streaks of light fly into the gaping maw and it shuts closed, as if it swallowed something unpleasant. Celeste looks back to where the shots came from and sees Vox’s Sniper II slamming a fresh clip into place. But even with its MPC destroyed, the pilot still has not decided to let Celeste live. The other claw grabs hold of the white command and they both begin squeezing. The sounds of tortured metal and cracking ceramics fill the cockpit and more and more pressure is applied. The armor begins failing and buckling and the monitors go out as wires are severed. 5 rounds fired in quick succession bounce off the armored hide of the mobile armor later confirmed as a Bigro. When the main screen goes out, Celeste is cast in darkness and some the cracking of glass is heard. Celeste can only wait in terror as her suit is crushed in around her. Death by crushing had never been very high on her list of “Ways to Go.” The sound of glass cracking continues until it finally shatters. She never even sees the piece of glass penetrate her visor.

--Modern Day--
--Sick Bay aboard the AEUG Radish Class Battleship Dervish--

Celeste sits up with a start, gasping for breath until the blood rushes from her head, causing her to pass out.

((OOC: Sorry for the long delay))

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
wonton bob

- Hamburg -
- MS Hangar -

"Sir, Bernard..."

Bernard turned around expecting to see the mechanic he had spoke with earlier but to his surprise found Al standing there. At the least it kinda resembled him.

...kid...what's going on with you..

Unable to speak freely, Bernard gave Al a nod before returning his attention back to Ltjg. Emington. During the speech Bernard couldn't help but to think about his teammate. Al had the look of a soldier that lost his way. Korbel had seen it before during his retreat in Africa, when soldiers couldn't take much more they would take their own lives.

the fire is gone from his eyes..

After the C.O's speech, Bernard tried to take Al aside. Taking a hard look at the once hyper youth, Bernard could only imagine what's going on in his mind.

"You don't look so good. You okay kid?"
hellbore

Trask moved away from the meeting, intending to fully follow the advice/orders of his new CO. Seeing as he was a back-up and therefore was assigned to no Mobile Suit, he took off towards the Mess to scrounge up what he could and then probably sleep for a few hours. He fully intended to be be in on standby well before the 2-hours Emington had specified, though that was just his habit. He hated being late.
Lans

- Hamburg -
- MS Hangar -

Emington watch as his men took their leave, Ltjg. Trask going out from the hangar while Jeriden going to check his MS again. Alfred and Bernard going into a discussion, probably Bernard also noticed something wrong with his friend. Randy was planning ask about Alfred but decided not to do so, if there's something wrong Bernard would inform him about that. With the briefing over, then it's time to check his own MS. He was about to ask a mechanic or hangar crew to accompany him to his MS but apparently some of them already following him. He floated to his MS, the one closest to the launch area. Some men already doing their jobs with his unit as well as the other three Nemo around the hangar, all are in haste some preparing the MS some checking the hangar's landing and launch mechanisms.

Randy reached his MS, a Nemo on AEUG blue and greenish color pattern. They security key is still on it's default, he opened the Nemo's hatch and entered the cockpit. He seated himself in the center of 360-panoramic screen, inside the cockpit there's no difference between real MS and simulator room. As many in the AEUG, only several few actually have trained with real Nemo, most of them only trained with simulator and coped with their own experience with late MS model such as the GM, Galbaldy or Hizack.

His own experience told Randy that this is not differ much from his previous model, only the 360-panoramic monitor is quite new for him but the training simulator already prepared him for that change. He let the cockpit hatch open since he wanted to ask the mechanic about some error and glitch issue, especially the one Bernard mentioned to him. He press his feet to the pedal and adjust the setting, after that he activate the Nemo into standby mode that way he could check most of the system and doing some simulation with the unit.

"Excuse me sir, can I bother yourself for a minute. I.. We need to talk to you for a moment about the MS, sir" Randy hear the one with the white cap and his mechanics friend waiting outside the cockpit. Randy take off his orange glasses and let it float around his arm rest and answer, "Sure, what's up?" With that he began his job, both as a MS pilot and a CO. After 4 hours of time limit that he set himself, he leaves the hangar get a meal and get some sleep. In the hangar people are still working hard, checking and preparing the MS, as usual some errors and glitches are found and need some fix and adjustment.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Amman -
- Roughly 14 Hours Later -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

The large video screen that hung above the heads of the bridge operators was divided into four sections, three of which were displaying the other ship captains of the 4th Squadron. The fourth, slightly larger quadrant was a live connection to the Henken Bekkener’s Radish that was docked elsewhere on Luna.

“Capt. Abbey, it seems as if Wong did my job for me then,” Henken said, resting back in his seat. He rubbed the back of his neck and continued, “You’ll be getting the exact location for the rendezvous with the Argama in a few seconds. Since you understand your only involvement in this mission is as an escort in case something goes wrong at the meeting, you’re free to go as soon as this conversation is over,”.

Dombrowski responded with a loud humph. Abbey glared at him quickly enough to stifle any comment that the Chuikov’s captain might have been preparing to make, and then turned back to Henken. “Well, captain, Wong was kind enough to tell us that it’s the AEUG’s intention to come to some sort of agreement with the Axis Zeon, and I intend to make it happen. I know you’re just the one passing our final orders along, so I won’t waste your time with ideological questions,”.

Henken nodded, appreciative of a simple soldier’s reply. He turned to listen to someone off-camera, and then back to Abbey. “We just finished sending over your directions. If there are no other questions, then I’ll leave you to it,” Bekkener said. Abbey quickly scanned his trio of captains and found no resistance outside of Dombrowski’s deepening frown. He nodded to Henken, who waved a quick salute before the connection was closed.

As the main screen shifted to display the three other captains alongside one another, Abbey released a small sigh and said, “Well,”. After a couple of heavy moments of silence, Capt. Loweno finally cracked a smile from the serious look he had put on and chuckled, “Well hell, Carl. Let’s get out of here,”. Guanche gave one of his plain nods of approval and added, “We’re ready, sir,”. Dombrowski crossed his arms gruffly and finally relented, “Let’s get this over with,”.

- Hangar -

“Excuse me, what are you doing?” Fritz called up to whoever was hanging halfway into a panel on MacAlpin’s Rick Dias. Jim’s MS was leaning on the rack next to his own, and he noticed someone messing about near the head while he was doing routine maintenance with Sager’s help. “It’s that weirdo doctor from Anaheim,” the chief explained without even bothering to look up. After finishing what he was tinkering with, he glanced up and continued, “Came back in here and I gave him permission to retrieve combat data and whatnot from our suits. Told him I’d break him if he breaks any of my stuff,”. Fritz shrugged it off with a smile and grabbed a towel to wipe his hands. “Did they ever say why they--” he started to ask, but the ship’s PA system cut him off as a new announcement went out to the whole fleet.

“Attention, all personnel. Attention. The fleet will be leaving port in thirty minutes. Please stow all loose items and prepare for a zero-g environment.”

- Hallway -

Michiko had decided to take a walk to pass the time after a brief, uneventful ‘meeting’ in Team 1’s ready room hours earlier. Fritz and Pan were the only ones there when she arrived, and they had managed to make the whole room smell like cigarettes by the time she got there. After some polite small talk, and once she determined that none of them knew anything about the fleet’s situation, she left. Ltjg. Heyden tended to make her uncomfortable.

While in the mess hall getting something to drink, she finally heard the rumors that had trickled down from the bridge about Axis and where they were going. As she turned a corner, she almost ran right into Jim MacAlpin. “Oh! I’m sorry,” she said, stepping back. “Looks like our team either takes walks or sits around and smokes to waste free time,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Ascension

-Dervish, Hallway

There are few serendipitous occasions more pleasant than having a young woman run into you. Jim busted out his cheesiest grin for the fraction of a second which passed between his realization that such an event had occured and his subsequent realization that the young woman was none other than Sato. The smile quickly faded as mild frustration set in. Not only was he more than a little jealous of Sato for becoming an instant ace on her first outing, he was pretty certain that she was Ashlyn's mistress. She was a lost cause. Best to think of her merely as a coworker, and a somewhat annoying coworker at that.

“Oh! I’m sorry. Looks like our team either takes walks or sits around and smokes to waste free time."

"Walking and smoking... sounds about right. Not like there's much else to do on this ship... unless you've got contraband. Anyway, what's the rush? Got a full half hour left before we ship out. Lotta things you can do in thirty minutes."

His nagging curiosity got the best of him. Ashlyn's woman would be likely to have more information than the rest of the grunts about the fleet's purpose.

"Say, you haven't happened to hear where we're shipping out to by any chance, have you? All seems kinda sudden..."

((OOC: Yes, I know Ashlyn's married, but given the amount of time he spends in conversation with Sato, well... it wouldn't be difficult to draw... other... conclusions about what they have to do with each other...))
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
The Big Zabowski

"You ok kid?"

Al nodded and took a drag from his cigarette, leaning against a parts crate off to the side.

"Yeah, I should be good. Nothing a good cup of coffee and a cigarette can't fix. Got one part of that equation done already."

Al then began to play with his lighter, the Embossed Zippo's lid flipping open and closed as Al lit and put out the flame on and off..on and off. It was almost rhythmic as he just sat there with a blank stare as he looked up at the Nemo units parked across the Hamburg's hangar, his mind fading elsewhere.

Lon Kou..my god.

Even a month later, the encounter the young pilot had with that Federal ace had dimmed the once youthful demeanor down to a fraction of what it once was. But he still was quite dedicated to the cause, spending more and more time in the hangars like the rest of the Hamburg crew, working with his newly repaired Nemo unit to make sure whatever he did during that fight remained with the Nemo for as long as he would serve with the AEUG.

He not only wanted to save his own ass, but also prevent what happened to Norman from happening to the other pilots of the Hamburg's MS team. He then seemingly cleared up from his daze and craned his head to Bernard.

"Bernard, you ever hear of Lon Kou? Ever run into him during the war?"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

--The Halls--
-Dervish-

At this point, Wes had nothing to do but drift up and down the halls waiting for something to happen. He passed his time by simply zoning out... something he's well accustomed to doing ever since his transfer into the 4th. Nothing's changed, and things at the moment didn't seem like they were gonna speed up; not by a long shot.

So ultimately, all of this aimless drifting had to lead him somewhere eventually. Much to his ire however, he soon turned a corner and found Jim and Michiko. His old teammates from Team 1 looked to be in a discussion over the fleet's status. Wes arrived in time for Slim Jim to ask why they were suddenly on call, and Wes decided to interject there before Michiko could answer.

"C'mon Jim... haven't you noticed the trend by now?" he says sarcastically, approaching his fellow pilots. "Either we're headed out to kill some Titans, or we've got guys up top with agendas dragging us along without giving us a word as to what's going on."

He made an emphasis on that last point. Either he was going to draw some sort of angry response from Sato for the hinted shot at Fritz, or he could prod at finding what happened almost a month ago that resulted in a jumbled mess.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
wonton bob

- Hamburg -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

"Bernard, you ever hear of Lon Kou? Ever run into him during the war?"

"Lon Kou.. honestly, I only heard his name after the war while I was in a military prison."

Bernard stuffs his hands into his pockets as he looks up and tries to remember those darker days. In a way he's also relieved that Al is at least talking.

"I guess, by the stories they tell of him, if I had run into him during the war I wouldn't be standing here in front of you. In a fight, I believe an ace is only someone who wants to live more than the other person. Don't let it get to your head, you gotta remember kid, there's always someone out there better than you."
The Big Zabowski

"And neither would I if it weren't for that debris field."

Al paused a moment glancing over to his now repaired Nemo before turning his attention back to Bernard and the other pilots around.

"Though don't get me wrong; I'm more concerned about being here on the 'Burg and fighting alongside you guys as a dependable wingman. Heck, that was the major reason I kept going out there to take that asshat in the Hiding Zack off the Titan's roster for good."

Al took a drag of his cigarette and scratched absently at his chin as he continued.

"Didn't turn out that way but all in all it was the least I could do for Norman, Richard, and you. You guys are like brothers to me, and in many ways I feel like I'm doing something to keep another Bernard up there smiling."

Al took a final drag of the cigarette and stamped it out on the crate.

"They ever make a big commotion about the Libot Nuclear Raid while you were locked up?"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Lans

- Hamburg -

Emington sleep was dreamless, his eyes staring at the darkness of his room thinking of another day of pilot life, combat MS pilot life that is. He realized that he doesn't want this kind of life but he chose it out of extreme conditions. The first time is the One Year War, he was forced to take up arms against the Principality, and now.. against the earth Tyranny. For some time, he was wondering how are these conflict keep happening and somehow he questioned his own involvement in this bloody struggle. Lazily he get his wristwatch and confirm it's still 4 hours before leaving the port. He let the room in minimum lights and take a shower. Feeling refreshed by it, he get dress and head for the mess hall.

When Randy arrived in the ship's mess hall, he was too early. Only some people occupied the seats, they are sipping coffee while waiting for the cook to prepare morning meal. He get his own coffee and sit down near the entrance. It's not long before they began to serve the morning meal. He take what he likes including milk and vegetables, and get back to his seat. Now that the room are more occupied he was looking around to see if his men are already here, but he won't be troubled by such matter.
hellbore

Task entered the mess after a good night's sleep. Always an early riser, Trask new he'd be there before breakfast. Not one to enjoy coffee he made himself a cup of tea, such as they had aboard a warship, and looked around. While the mess was still mostly empty, other early risers ere trickling in.

Seeing Lt. Emington nursing a cup, Trask walked over and said, smiling, "Morning, lieutenant, how was your night, restful I hope."
wonton bob

- Hamburg -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

"...doing something to keep another Bernard up there smiling."

Bernard raised an eyebrow. hmm?

Al took a final drag of the cigarette and stamped it out on the crate.

"They ever make a big commotion about the Libot Nuclear Raid while you were locked up?"

"Libot Nuclear Raid? Sounds like black ops. And here I thought Side 6 was neutral." Bernard chuckles a bit but changes his mood rather quickly.

"I wonder if this was the Operation Rubicon thing they were asking about- more like beating out of us. But when they got no answers after a month they moved on to other things...I was just a grunt so I never heard anything about it...whatever it was it would have been hushed up on both sides"

Bernard has questions of his own. Something that has bugged him since setting eyes on the youth. Since Al seems at ease now was a good time as any.

"So, where did you get that rank badge? The last time I saw one was in '83."