Episode 14 - Disaster in Hatte

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Cybaster

AEUG Formation

Gilliarme's response in kind was to have his Marasai continue forward in a charge while spiralling to the right, with MacAlpin's shot sailing parallel and a few meters away from his Marasai's frame, and he was just about to close in and harass MacAlpin some more when a fourth Rick Dias, this one apparently from one of the AEUG ships, appeared off to the side and made a beeline for Delta Team. With Shin and Samantha just making their own runs on Jack and MacAlpin's Rick Diases, this was not acceptable; He was further surprised and taken aback when, switching a sideview into his cockpit screens, he noticed whose Rick Dias it was.

The AEUG engineers might've repaired the electronics, but not the scarring in this short a time. It was Celeste's Rick Dias, fully refreshed, and recharged. With this very realization that someone who Nick Te'litha had told him to let leave was coming right back into combat, ready to attack again, Gilliarme was beginning to have a sinking feeling that he was wrong to have listened to Nick.

And despite Nick Te'litha's words and whatever relationship he might've had with Celeste, Gilliarme was not going to let her threaten his wingmen.

Shaking his head to refocus, Gilliarme let loose a trailing barrage of vulcan shots at MacAlpin's Rick Dias to keep him pinned down for Shin and Samantha, and swung wide to the right --- directly towards Celeste. "Shin, Samantha, keep supporting Alpha Team and ignore my current target for now --- I'll draw her fire and keep her away from you both," Was all Gilliarme needed to say, and with eyes narrowed, Gilliarme began waiting until his Marasai was in range to get the best accuracy out of his last three Beam Rifle shots...if needs be.

"Miss Celeste, is it? Lieutenant Te'litha mentioned your name before, I believe." Gilliarme's next words were on a short-range channel, clearly letting Delta Team --- but not anyone else in Taskforce Echo --- know what is going on as well as making sure Celeste heard him loud and clear. "You had your chance before. Fall back now, or you will be shown no quarter --- I am a soldier as well, and no matter what your relationship with Te'litha is, I won't let you threaten my teammates."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
EZero8

--Team 3--
--Wes Curren--

Curren noticed the beams being shot at him and dodged to avoid being roasted. He took the moment to take a quick look at their surroundings. Like Slim Jim, Wes too had noticed that the Titans were closing in on all sides.

Team 3 was being surrounded, and they were lacking support from the other teams. Fritz was busy with his own vendetta, leading off Team 1 elsewhere to do his dirty work of sorts. Team 2 was being unreliablely absent from battle. Of course, there was a way to make this bleak situation seem more fun.

"The more the merrier..." Wes says with a chuckle as he shot back at Stukov with his beam rifle. "Bring it..."

OOC: Up for Curren vs. Stukov II, Cardi?
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Goose

"Ace!"

"Well, no shit," mutters Jack. He's been splitting his attention between Stukov and Leandro, and it's only by sheer luck that he managed to dodge the beam launcher's shot, though it passes by so close that his armor is warped and scorched.

"I see you, sniper," he whispers, raising his beam rifle. "Alright, if it's a rematch you want, it's a rematch you'll get."

At that point, Jack pulls out a beam pistol, settling it in the left hand. He first fires two pistol shots at Wolf's nearest wingman (Alexandra), since she's the closest threat to Jacob; returning his pistol to the recharge rack, he grips the rifle, aims, and fires two shots Leandro, checking his ammot counter: 13 beam rifle shots left.

"Clute, wherever you are, get up here ASAP," he mutters. "You and the CAG."

As if hearing his please, Clute has made his way to the catapult, beam pistol in his left hand.

"Lieutenant Clute Tideland, Rick Dias, launching!" he annouces, pushing off from the Dervish and gently floating away before kicking in his thrusters. His armor damage has been repaired, and his right arm patched over, so he can still fight. The Rick Dias is a little off-balance at first, but Clute balances it with the skill of a veteran and speeds towards the battle, to rejoin his team.

(OOC: Up for Jack vs Leandro II, Cardi?)
I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have no regrets, this is my only path.
So as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."
Psyden

Celeste smirks. This is going to be easier than she thought. Good ol’ Gil is coming to her, and what’s more, he seems to be in a talkative mood. Adjusting her radio so only Gil will hear, she speaks.

“You seem to be forgetting that I, too, am a soldier. And you are shooting at my team, to boot. Do not presume to think that just because I’m a woman, that I’m weak, or you might as well put your gun to your head and pull the trigger now.”

The barrel of the clay bazooka lines up with Gil’s suit, ready to send out 2 staggered case-shot shells, but she holds her fire.

“But I’m not here to fight. I have crucial information for Lt. Te’Litha. I must speak with him immediately, or do you want to be the one who takes the blame for this missed opportunity?”

So far, she hasn’t done any lying, but then, she’s only just starting. If need be, she’ll offer up a nice little bit of false logic that will tie up everything so neat that Gil’ll have no choice to believe it, after all, he’ll have no reason not to.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
EfreetCustom

Alex waited impatiently inside his Hizack as his machine gun and rocket pods were being reloaded. His MS took some blast damage from the rockets from the Rick Dias and didn't realize there was so much srapnel in his MS armor. He was releaved that the damaged was being patched.

"Hey nice job guys!" he said to a few of the mechanics working on his suit. Alex then had the remembrance of his last battle and was actually a bit worried about the new MS he encountered. His suit was finally done being repaired, he moved to the catapult.

"This is Ens. Lepak, i'm all set to go". Alex then stepped off the Herakles and boosted behind Pendragon in the colony debris.
"This is no Zaku boy! No Zaku!!!"
Cybaster

"Indeed, but the circumstances are different, 'Miss' Celeste; There are certainly none on your side vouching for my safe retreat now. You were not attacked further then only on Lieutenant Te'litha's behalf; That agreement ended when you were allowed to leave and did so, so don't for a moment..." That said, Gilliarme began circling his Marasai around Celeste's in a defensive pattern, not presenting her with a clean shot against him nor Shin and Samantha, Beam Rifle likewise raised but not firing yet. As his Marasai spun, Gilliarme quickly called up a number of smaller viewscreens around his cockpit, bringing his side and rear views in front of him just in case Celeste was trying to stall for time for her other wingmates. Which Gilliarme would not be surprised if she was. "...Assume that it'll preserve you now if you try anything foolish.

"And Lieutenant Te'litha? He's not here. Last I know, he's at the rear lines dealing with an urgent matter of keeping his house in order." Gilliarme was not for a moment presenting any indication that Celeste had him doubting anything or, unless Nick himself showed up and the matter involving him, her and Dante was sorted out, leaving Celeste anywhere near Nick. He honestly had no problems keeping Celeste talking, either, if it'll keep that extra Clay Bazooka away from the rest of the Marasais. "He likely will not he here anytime soon, so if that's what you're really here for...you'll have to leave a message with me."
Psyden

“No can do, Gil. You see, Nick is my contact, and I’ll only pass information to him.”

Celeste, likewise, begins circling Gilliarme with both Shin and Samantha in view screens that she can watch out of the corner on her eyes. She recognizes the one that shot her and keeps note of his position.

“I was trying to pass information to him before, but we were… interrupted… And then your team should up and we had to separate prematurely. Why do you think me and him where just floating there off in the corner of a battlefield, for a spot of tea? Now run along and go get Te’litha. I’m sure you can make up some excuse for needing to return to ship. Battle damage, low ammo, low fuel. Hell, if you ask me real nicely, I’ll even give you some convincing looking damage.”

Celeste’s voice never wavers, and the shine off of her visor obscure her face, but inside her helmet, she is breaking out in cold sweats. The question burning in her mind at the moment is will Gil take the bait and believe the lie?

The notion of a spy is much more believeable than me trying to reunite Nick with his dead fiancé’s sister and closest thing to a family since a colony wiped out his, right?

Cybaster

"You fired on my team before, and the last time you were left alone, you attacked the Kirov; Combined with that rhetoric you gave earlier, I'm not inclined to believe you. I'm not leaving my post."

Gilliarme's eyes began narrowing in focus. This was where Celeste was likely to just start shooting at him again. "Besides, if this really is beneficial information like you claim, then leaving it with me here would have to do, and I'll make sure he gets it. You'll be suspect in either case if a Titans officer suddenly left without putting up a serious fight, wouldn't you? So...what shall it be? Do you acquiesce to what I said, or do you prefer to dispense with the lies and start fighting me again?"
Psyden

Obviously, you are new to the spy business. Like I said, my contact is Nick, and ONLY Nick. As for attacking your team? What else would you have me do, let you shoot me? Remember, Nick was almost MURDERED by Dante. And the Kirov? That wasn’t me. It was probably other pilot that the Commander sent to keep an eye on me.”

Celeste is really sweating now. The situation is highly volatile, and Gil isn’t likely to keep talking forever. But she has one last idea. If it doesn’t work, the shooting will likely begin again.

“Of course, I don’t have to be the only Spy around here. What if it was let slip that you’ve been having secret dealings with the AEUG? After all, you’ve been circling an enemy for how long now, not firing a shot? I wonder what Wolf Ritter would do when he found out that it was you who told us that he was the leader of the Kirov’s Mobile Suit Complement? Do you think he would send one of his minions like he did to Nick, or do you think he’d try and take you out himself? I’ve seen him subtly try and take out Nick before. He’ll he near to me out in the process during one of my information drops. Blackmail ain’t my style, but at this point, I’m willing to do just about anything.”

Cybaster

(Gambit! Wake up! *Yuri Sakazaki b****-slap* <_<;;; )

Celeste's received response was a cold, mirthless laughter from Gilliarme. He had been such a fool! --- had Gilliarme genuinely been made to doubt himself due to the words of that woman?

"Did you really think it would work to daunt me, Celeste!? You really are a despicable woman if you cannot fight without resorting to these methods. I'm willing to give my wingmates the benefit of the doubt, merci, and I'll take my chances on what you said; I used to think that only the Titans and the Zeons were capable of such means, but now you've proven that the AEUG resorts to those as well. Vous et les AEUG me décevez douloureusement, Celeste."

You and the AEUG sorely disappoint me.

Gilliarme's laughter died away at that and turned into a bitter, glaring look. "I gave you a chance to retreat and say your piece out of respect for Lieutenant Te'litha, but if that's what you plan to do, I won't give you the chance anymore. If that's what you truly feel, go right ahead and we'll see how far it gets you." And that was it. Closing the distance rapidly with renewed vigor against the woman that had proven the AEUG could be evil as well, Gilliarme fired his vulcans in a wide arc while swinging left with full speed, not giving Celeste a clear shot with her clay bazooka again.

"Your fight is with me. If you can survive until Lieutenant Te'litha gets here...we'll let him sort this out and decide whether or not you're worth leaving alive again."
Cardi Doorl

- Salamis Kai-class Herakles -
- Combat Bridge -

With the half-strength suit team launched, Berg nodded. "We're as operational as we can be, I suppose. Have the team form up with Hades Team. I presume Commander Trent will use these last few Hizacks as a suit screen in front of the Kirov, Kalinin, and us."

- Alpha Team -

Stukov swerved a sharp right as one of the targeted Rick Dias returned fire. Now Stukov was traveling in a wide circle around Wes, and in such a manner that he would have appeared, from Wes' perspective, to be sliding along his side.

Aside from his eyes narrowing imperceptibly, Stukov's stoney face remained unchanged as he popped off a trio of beams.

-

[Leandro RP coming soon... one sec...]

- Beta Team -

When faced with superior numbers from all directions, Wolf's target's friends were quick to have their attentions diverted, thus abandoning the poor fool.

A rather nicely-placed shot from Alexandra removed the target's right arm, but the rebel remained singularly focused on fighting Wolf. Wolf barrel-rolled around the shaky shot and moved aggressively at Jacob. Beta Team's leader fired his beam launcher one-handed as he drew a beam saber into his left hand.

-

Alexandra yelped as Jack's first shot neatly severed her Marasai's head antenna. She jerked her Marasai's torso back oddly, allowing the second beam to scorch across the chest rather than plunge into it and into the generator.

With an unnatural flinch, Alexandra twisted her mobile suit around to face Jack's Rick Dias. She was trying so hard not to lose her cool, but unlike Wolf, she was having trouble doing that after having seen Mercedes die not much more than a minute prior.

With a wordless shout, Alexandra fired at Jack: once shot from her beam rifle, and several streams of vulcan fire thrown in unconsciously.

- Delta Team -

"Gill!" snapped Sam, not quite consciously referring to Gilliarme by a shortened form of his forname, "What the hell are you doing? Just shoot it already!"

It was as she said this that Gilliarme finally opened fire - with vulcans, of all things, though perhaps his beam rifle was low on juice - and proceeded to maneuver aggressively at Celeste's Dias. Sam rolled her Marasai to the right to take her on an approach path that was the mirror image of Gilliarme's.

Battles are for getting through with the job, thought Sam as she squeezed off two beam rifle shots.

- Musai Kai-class Randarmel -
- Combat Bridge -

"We're getting hit from below!" hollered the information officer as Pan's beam rifle shots struck the Randarmel's ventral side.

"Where are our mobile suits?"

"I think they've all been shot down, sir!"

"We're no longer receiving signals from the Miguel Gaia!"

"Sh**!" thundered the skipper, "Let's get closer to the Zomel." The Randarmel proceeded to comply with the captain's orders by turning to port and toward the Zomel.

- Randarmel Team -

The last surviving pilot in Randarmel was just a greenhorn straight out of training. Upon seeing that pink Nemo effortlessly dispatch his more experienced teammated, the young greenhorn panicked and kicked his Hizack into full speed in a blind direction.

Away from the ship he was supposed to be protecting. Toward the main formation of AEUG warships.

- Zomel Team -

The Hizack couldn't have expected a birdlime assault, of all things. The stuff took him completely by surprise, splashing all over the monoeye and blinding the unfortunate pilot. He jerked the controls by reflex, but was soon frantically switching to his secondary cameras.

While his teammate was preoccupied with being temporarily blind, the other Hizack pressed forward, machine gun blazing at the blue Rick Dias.

-

The Zomel Team CO, suffering from a crushing mixture of bravado, adrenalin, and, above all, desperation, drew his beam saber as he swerved around Michiko's latest beam shot. He bore down on Michiko's mobile suit as the beam saber lit up, readying for a downward vertical slash.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Ascension

Jim MacAlpin

With the newly arrived Rick Dias engaging his chosen target, Jim switched his focus to the only member of Delta Team who didn't seem to be shooting at someone... Shin.

Quickly closing within range of his pistols, he fired a pair of beams at the Marasai.

Caroline Tucker

Seeing Janice's gun arm swinging in her direction, Caroline desperately hit her thruster controls, just barely avoiding the beam. By the time she reoriented herself, the Kalinin's team had withdrawn.

"Is it over already?"
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
EZero8

OOC: DO A BARREL ROLL! Just kidding.

--Team 3--
--Wes Curren--

Curren wasnt stupid enough to simply sit there and take pot shots from the Marasai. Swerving right to avoid the beams, maintains a clear sight on the enemy. Taking careful aim, Curren fires at the Marasai again in response to the trio of beams hurled at him earlier.

"You're not getting away..."
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
King Monkey

Jacob's complete attention is on the Marasai bearing down on him, more specifically on the tube of death that it carries in its right hand. It almost feels like he knows when the enemy pilot is going to pull the trigger before it happens. Of course, the numerous false starts and jukes he made as the enemy bore down on him proved that he was no new type, just nervous.

Fortunately for him, he lucks into moving at the right time, the next beam launcher shot sliding by him close enough that he has to squint his eyes from the glare coming from the left side of his panoramic view.

Desperation as much as anything else makes him fire two more times at the incoming mobile suit and then of all the ridiculous things ever done in space, throws his pistol at the Marasai.

"Go away!" he shouts as he quickly draws his only remaining weapon, the other beam pistol into his one remaining hand and slides to the right side. Right about now, another hand with a beam saber stuck in it doesn't seem like such a bad thing.
Last edited by King Monkey on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goose

Clute arrives onsite to see that Celeste is dancing with a Marasai, Jack is taking fire from another Marasai and something with a beam launcher, and Jacob, in panic, has thrown his pistol at a Marasai toting a beam lancher and is dual-wielding sabers... wait, no, he's lost an arm, and only has a beam pistol.

Just like me. Oh, joy.

Jack can take care of himself, so Clute kicks his thrusters to full power and boosts forward, beam pistol n the left hand primed and ready, and he lets off three shots at Wolf. The first is for the chest, the second is the right arm, the third is at the beam launcher. He adds in some Vulcan fire at the beam launcher as well; vulcan shells won't do squat against armor, but they can make pretty holes in beam launchers...
Last edited by Goose on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have no regrets, this is my only path.
So as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."
RGM-79 GM

Shin is about to follow Samantha to support Giliarme but one of the Rick-Dias he fired at shoots back at him so he has his Marasai boost left and he is able to dodge the beams

Then he stops his Marasai and begins to boost towards the Rick-Dias and he fires six vulcan rounds at it's main camera and then four seconds after firing the vulcans he fires a single beam at the Rick-Dias center torso.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
RGM-79G GM Command

(OOC: Sorry, got sick or something. >_<)

IC: Ryo sees Wolf fire at the Rick Dias from before again and then sees a second Rick Dias fire at Wolf's Marasai and then aims his beam rifle at Clute's Rick Dias before firing two shots at it while starting to move towards it at an angle to help him avoid return fire from it.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Gambit01

And where was Nick Te'litha during all of this? Obviously he had long since retreated to the Kirov for repairs, but he was currently at a crisis.

He finally had Ritter by the balls; irrevocable, undeniable proof that Ritter had tried to dispose of him. Okay, so Te'litha himself didn't believe it for a moment, and the proof was all circumstancial, but this was the Titans; circumstancial evidence was all you needed for a conviction, and sometimes not even that.

Yet handing in that radio gave equally circumstancial evidence of Nick conspiring and assisting the enemy. Ritter would only go down this way if Te'litha burned with him.

Ask him two months ago, and Te'litha wouldn't have cared. But now...

Edward, and now maybe even Celeine on that ship. Maybe. Yet is it a maybe I can risk? Oh, God Bella!!

Nick knew what he had to do, even as he cursed it. He grabbed a pen and notepad from a nearby mechanic.

"Hey!"

Ignoring the man completely, Te'litha quickly scribbled on a note as legable as possible.

Commander Trent,

Recently, I was attacked by my subordinates, screaming at the top of the lungs in a way that indicates Lt. Wolf Ritter was behind the assault. While I don't believe for a second that his decision gained official approval (though I have no doubt he was involved) it does provide me with a convinent opportunity to 'defect'.

No sir, I am not leaving the Titans; consider it an undercover assignment if you will. I will bear responsibility for my own extraction and rendezvous
-How, Te'litha wasn't quite sure, but he was doing some very spur the moment thinking here-And try to maintain contact with the Kirov, where you may relay orders for me.

I have a multitude of reasons for doing this, one of them being a friend and comrade who may still be on that ship. Another is the possibility of a hostage being held, possibly against her will. My relationship to this hostage is such that I can not ignore this cowardice.

Of course, if you get a chance to blow the enemy away whether I'm at risk or not, by all means do so. Awaiting your approval.

With that, Nick ripped the paper from the clipboard and stormed off to the bridge.

"Commander Trent," he said as he got there, swiftly going to the man's side even as he spoke with a sardonic casualness that didn't fit with being on a ship that was currently under fire. He distinctly avoided any contact with the elder Ritter.

"Those bastard mechanics wanted me to give this to you; something about lazy pilots who wreck their suits making themselves useful."

((OOC: Hang on guys; I'm coming!))
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Ascension

Jim flips his Dias so that it's coming in almost horizontally from Shin's perspective, avoiding Shin's fire and presenting a smaller target profile. He fires the twin pistols back at the Marasai, adding in a small burst from the phalanx vulcan guns as well.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Psyden

Celeste snaps right and pours on the power, using her suit’s raw power to not just keep up with Gil, but to close the distance. The Marasai’s Vulcan rounds fall behind her as her suit muscles forward.

Using her suit’s targeting system, she gets a rough lead on Gil’s suit and fires once, sending a case shot shell a short distance before exploding, spending small projectiles in a conical path in front of Gil’s MS, aimed to cross his suit’s path the same moment his suit crossed its.

“It’s a pity you called my bluff, but I don’t want to hear any of that Self-Righteous Bull Sh** from you! Any man who willingly serves an organization whose soul purpose is to oppress others through genocide, threatening the families of your enemies, and generally using every underhanded and dishonorable tactic both in and out of the book deserves some of the blame. Roll around in garbage and you’ll smell just like it.”