Episode 13 - Advance to the Rear [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Cybaster

Listening to Shin's words, Gilliarme nodded. Shin, too, had a point --- so far Gilliarme had been trying to implement a more laisser-faire approach with his wingmen, but still it was mostly him talking to them rather than open, two-way communication. Inwardly, thinking on this, Gilliarme wondered if he would be behaving the same way had he met Shin during the One Year War proper; probably not, Gilliarme surmised, and sometimes he had to wonder what made one person from the OYW a squad leader and another from the same war a follower. Blind, dumb luck sometimes was one answer.

He supposed he was too used to the arrangements he had on the Mina Harker as an instructor, and had yet to completely adjust to being in a squad of nearly the same ranks. Too used to lecturing rather than talking. "Hmm...a conversation around the breakfast table deal, you mean? Very interesting suggestion! You know, I agree with you, Lieutenant: it just might help, especially with how the Titans are operating nowadays. What times of the day do you feel you're comfortable with doing this, though?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
The Big Zabowski

"A Conversation of sorts, indeed sir. That could be one way to put it. Perchance, this might be a way for you to learn how to NOT lecture.."

Shin gave off some sort of grin..thing. But moreso, it came off as a lopsided smile, with a hint of worry. He was still trying to subdue the queasy feeling in his stomach that had come around every time he had to make a decision or step forward..it would never quit.

Ever since the war, ever since that day at A Boa Qu. Ever since he was thrust into command of those rookies. Even though he made it through that slaughterhouse, it still pained him every time he thought back to that, and other times in the war. Back to those he served with, those that he served under..those allies and friends that he lost.

Well, he also lost something too..his lunch.

Quite jerk-edly, he threw up in his mouth, and thrust a hand to meet it in case any decided to dribble out.. How embarrassing. He then decided to bite the bullet and swallow the vomit to save face.

Yeuch..that was naaaasty..

With a shudder, he then regained his composure, and answered the lieutenant's question.

"Erm..uh, I would guess mornings would work. Maybe meet in the Mess for a round of breakfast to fit the "breakfast table conversation" motif. After all, Samantha has to get some food in her some time. We could just wait for her.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Cybaster

"Alright, let's do that." Gilliarme nodded and smiled, mainly to make sure Shin felt more at ease. Even more relaxed, Shin seemed to need it at the moment. "Oh, and go ahead and call me Gilliarme --- I guess that'd be a start."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!