Episode 12 - Operation Apollo

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
mcred23

- The Miguel Gaia -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

"Nemos..." Ron's voice trailed off as he thought about that. "Nemos and GM-types..." Ships, as always, might be present, but he doubted he'd need to deal with them. Then again, how often was he right when he went with his gut. He got out of his seat and moved to the hatch. He spotted one of the mechanics and called him over. "Alright, lets go with the a 120 mil' on the right hand, extra ammo drums on either hip and... oh.. stick a 280' on the rear waist armor."

The man nodded and quickly informed his crew, whom went to work attaching the weapons. Radice was hardly back in his seat and they already had the 120mm, the same type used by the Federaion's bastardized Zaku rip-off, the Hi-Zack, and another group were working on getting the ammo drums ready.

Paul told them they could launch ahead of him. Ron keyed his comm; "Carlos, you can go on ahead. It'll be a few minutes 'till my weapons are ready and I can launch."
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Gambit01

30 minutes earlier...

When his team had fully reported in, he immediately wasted little time.

"Gamma team, launching!"

Shooting out, his screens were filled with images from the big black. Swiftly looking around and at his monitors to pick up allies and the distant enemies.

He distinctly ignored the Republic's fleet; they were useless space trash, to be cut through if they got in the way.

He never stopped glaring at 'Beta Team' through the corner of his eye.

Now, thirty minutes later, Nick was charging ahead, having his team follow slightly behind Alpha. Only moments away from encountering the enemy, he looked towards the Hizack custom, and the pilot therein. Slightly concerned for the man's mental state (and no, the irony was not lost on him) but the enemy Nemos were upon them.

"Dante, New Guy," Nick growled out, purposely not saying Hicks name, "Don't die out there."

That was about the most anyone could expect as far as encouraging words went.

Knowing that it would probably piss Stukov off and not giving a shit, Nick charged ahead at the firing Nemos.

"Stukov, Gamma will draw out their fire. When they leave themselves exposed, gut them."

Skimming across the moon's surface, Nick led Gamma on the attack, looking for all the world like easy pickings.

Dervish

When Celeste left, Celeine simply waved her off with a standard yet heartfelt 'be safe' before finishing her dinner. After she forced herself to eat, Celeine simply got up from the table, and walked towards the bridge. Entering, she stood at the doorway, calmly observing while trying to remain unnoticed.

I've said for years how the AEUG were incompetent save for a few notable exceptions, she thought, let's see how true that was.
Last edited by Gambit01 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Cybaster

Salamis Kai-class Chuikov

"I'll do what I can, sir. Is there a specific person you'd like me to keep an eye on?" Was Julian's simple response, his Nemo sliding into place on the launch catapult behind Jonas'. All that was left was to actually launch; however, Jonas' words still had him a little perturbed. He guessed he could only chalk it to bad luck that while the AEUG had far more veterans than the Titans, the Chuikov alone had to fill half its ranks with rookies. The AEUG had always prided itself on its higher veteran-to-rookie ratios when it came to pilots, and that made them a viable threat to the Titans since then.

Of course, it also bags the question of whether or not this holds true elsewhere as well...
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Wedge14

Pan smirked as Ramon went on of his overexcited tirades.

"Gotcha..." He said in regards with how the team would operate. "And Ramon....i hope this is a hard and long one....just for you..." Pan winked and quickly switched channels on his communicator ...and glanced back at Chabereux's Nemo.

"y'hear that kid? They stuck us two pros together..."

"Uhhh yes sir...I did.."

"Just relax....and stay focused...and don't be an idiot. You're representing me out there!"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Cardi Doorl

OOC: Titan stuff comin' soon ;)

IC:
- Salamis Kai-class Chuikov -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

"To be honest, Julian, since Ens. Howards seems to be the lower risk from what I've observed, try keeping him near you. I'll stay with Ens. Tucker, since she'll need a good deal of guidance out there."

Jonas' Nemo slid upward on the elevator and to the outer hull of the Chuikov. Like everyone else in the advancing formation, he simply stepped off and allowed the elevator to head back down to the suit bay.

- Musai Kai-class Miguel Gaia -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

"Roger that, fellas," replied Dieguez as he finished the last checkups. The bazooka was secured in the right arm. The panzerfaust was affixed to the hip armor. The heat saber was good to go. "Lt. Carlos Dieguez, launching!" he roared for old times' sake.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Ascension

((OOC: Time to get my Chuikov folks involved in this thread...))

Nathan knew that the Titan force was still beyond the Chuikov's visual range, but he couldn't help staring at the distant lunar horizon, scanning for the tiny little specks which warned of an anemy fleet.

Elsewhere on the ship, the Chuikov's mobile suits arrayed themselves for battle. Ensign Caroline Tucker trembled a little as her Nemo stepped out onto the ship's deck, joining the rest of the team there near the bow. She trembled because she felt that she had passed a point of no return, beyond which battle was unavoidable. It would be her first fight, and she dearly hoped that it wouldn't be her last.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Cardi Doorl

- Alpha Team -

Stukov wasn't pissed by Nick's sudden maneuver, actually. Were Nick a rookie, or an average pilot, then Stukov would indeed have fumed. Nick, however, along with one of his subordinates, Dante, had both proven to be solid fighters in any case. The new man was a wild card, but even if he proved incompetent the first two could pick up the slack. Instead he nodded and replied, "Don't be too reckless in the process. While my team catches them unawares, keep moving forward to engage their second line with the Hizack teams."

Now commanding to his team in particular, he barked out, "Mercedes, let's blitz the forward two units - I'll take the one on the right. Leandro, support fire!"

"Yessir!" replied both. The two Marasais' thrusters powered to full, propelling the red mobile suits forward at maximum acceleration. The Hizack Custom, however, slowed down slightly and took aim with the large beam launcher. Just as Leandro let loose in the general direction of the enemy (moreso to keep them from returning fire on the advancing units than to actually hit anything), Stukov fired thrice on the Nemo on which he bore down - that being Dixon's. Mercedes followed suit with a trio of beams at Tulowitzki's machine.

- Kalinin Team -

Bate swing his Marasai to the far left to circle around the two forward Nemos. As per Stukov's plan, his team would engage the Nemos in the back while Alpha Team tore through the front two. He glanced back to see his Hizack subordinates following.

- Hades Team -

Picard sat back in his cockpit, gnawing at a corner of his lip and tapping his finger against the opposite elbow.

"Man, I can't believe we're ordered to sit out this initial fight," he grumbled, "We'll show the Commander, though. Once he sees me out there he'll send Hades Team to do more important things than just sit around."

He fidgeted a little and shifted his weight a few times. Then...

"Hades Team! Status update!"
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
ORegan

Pat was sitting in his cockpt awaiting orders from the radio. he listened in and only got static, until a familair voice patched through.

"Hades Team! Status update!"

Pat jolted instantly and on the radio said "Miller, ready and waiting...over and uhh.. out"
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Psyden

Celeste is practically chomping at the bit to get out of there and into the fight, and her anxiousness is shown by the simple act of her Rick Dias shifting its weight from one leg to another.

It doesn’t makes sense! Why hold back a solid 3rd of your most powerful suits to guard your ships? Why not hold back a team of Nemos?

…

Now, Celeste, calm down and think. Holding back a team of your strongest suits in reserve makes logical sense. Should the enemy blitz through the line or try and attack from a flank, where they’d expect the second-rate units to be kept for defense, it would be a nasty surprise for them to encounter top-of-the-line units. In our dealings with that Titans Taskforce, they proved they could get at our ships. It is actually wise to at least prepare for similar circumstances with
this unit.

With a deep breath, Celeste eases her tension. It will not due for her to be wound up like a rubber band just before a battle…

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
King Monkey

"What? We're just supposed to sit here and wait while the Hamburg gets chewed up?" Markado exclaims over his radio. He still holds some loyalty to his former ship, the ship where he joined the unit he's currently in. Leaving them to fend for themselves is nerve wracking.

"What are we going to do? Let the Titans swallow us up one ship at a time?" His Rick Dias rises from the kneeling posture it had taken, staring down the barrel of its bazooka and takes a few steps forward, clearly ready to boost ahead with the slightest provocation.
Psyden

Before any of the other members of Team 3 can speak, Celeste answers Jacob.

“Chill, Lieutenant Jay-Gee! Have faith in others. Lieutenant Commanders Ashlyn and Eckardy are leading Teams 1 and 2, respectively. They didn’t get to Lt. Cmdr. from nothing. Trust me, I would know. Teams 1 and 2 aren’t the only ones launching, either. Look,” she motions with the suit’s hand in a sweeping gesture towards the fleet to port, “all of the other ships are deploying their Nemos, and not all of them will be on defense. And if you notice, the Fleet is moving to assist the Hamburg. They’ll launch us once we are in range.”

She pauses for a moment.

“To be fair to Capt. Loweno, he can probably take an Alexandria out by himself, now with an entire ship at his disposal…”

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
wonton bob

- Hades Team -

Jason is holding tight, waiting for orders as best he can. He wants in on the action. Being on the sidelines for so long has worn his patience thin.

"Hades Team! Status update!" bellowed Lt. Kamek

"Ens. Miller and I are in position and chomping at the bit, sir." Jason answers

Ahh, what's his name? dammit why can't he have a scar or something recognizable so I can remember his name..

"Eh, Ens. Silverwind what's your status?"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Imperial

"Dante, New Guy," Nick growled out, purposely not saying Hicks name, "Don't die out there."

Randal snorted sarcastically at that. "Same to you, buddy."

He hated it when officer like him got uppity, but he wasn't so foolish as to take it up in the middle of a firefight. This was his first time flying with these two. He would have to reign in a bit of his reckless bravado for the time being in order to get a feel for how they operated. Once he knew the ins and outs of this new operation, he could pull on the leash a bit.

He fell into formation with his Gamma wing men, pointing his beam rifle in the AEUG's general direction. He knew he wouldn't be able to hit anything yet, but that didn't mean he couldn't ruffle some feathers. Randal couldn't help but grin that wicked grin of his as he watched the Marasai's beam rifle spit two beam bolts into the eternal night sky above the lunar surface. That sort of thing always got his blood flowing.
This space for rent
Gambit01

"Same to you, buddy."

Nick smirked in spite of himself.

"Will do; pal."

Minutes away from engagement, Nick was leading Gamma into the frey when...

ZAP!!!

The sound monitors that made space combat so much easier simulated the noise a beam rifle makes. Turning with annoyance to the guilty party, he spoke again.

"Well done, New Guy; I'm sure those two beam shots has the AEUG shaking in their boots."

The annoyed tone in his voice clearly said, 'don't do that again.'
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
King Monkey

Markado's MS took another step forward as Celeste spoke. The confusion he felt was almost palpable in the motions of his Rick Dias as he brought it to a halt. He cast a glance up and down the line of ships as she gestured, taking in all the fragile hulls protecting the even more fragile lives of the people within. Looking down at the names printed on the inside of his suit's forearms, he nodded.

"Yes Ma'am," he said over the radio. Technically, they were the same rank, but chances were, he'd always consider Celeste Angelina his superior. "I apologize for my rashness. Holding position."

He maneuvered slightly, taking up a different, more defensible position.
Cybaster

"Understood, sir. Good luck out there."

With that said, Julian spurred his Nemo forward and up, and followed Jonas' suit in stepping off the elevator onto the Chuikov's outer hull. At the order, he'd be in the fray of battle again for the first time in years.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Bezerker

Dante flowed in behind Nick as the new guy fired off some rounds at the passing units and was harassed by Nick. "You will learn quickly that you should only fire after Nick does, its his job to get into the thick of it, we just have to make sure not to piss things off as we charge forward, remember we are to expose the enemies so that Alpha can easily take them out, no hero moves yet Rook" Dante said in a calm tone. "Funny....a few months ago Nick and Wolf were saying the same stuff to me" Dante thought as he hefted his rifle and waited for further commands.
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
mcred23

- The Miguel Gaia -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

The delay had annoyed Radice. A series of problems had come up when they tried to attach the first 280mm bazooka to his Rick Dom II Kai, and the mechanics had debated the issue for a few minutes before Ron had screamed at them to simply replace the damn thing. While Abendroth was still doing something with his MS-09R-2S, Ron finally launched without going through the semi-usual banter he did upon being shot into space.

Upon getting outside, he quickly began to adjust things. The MS quickly grabbed the machine gun's foward handle in case it was needed. Radice spotted Dieguez almost instantly and start moving his MS towards him. In the distance, Titan mobile suits were moving foward and already there was shooting. Ron moved over to his teammates MS, their MS bumping shoulders and initiating skin talk. "Paul should be right behind me, unless some other delay come up." He reported.

===============================================

- Near the Dervish -

Wade Wilsons information made Eckardy wince, although he wasn't exactly sure why. For some reason, the outline of their plans didn't sit well with him.

Eddie keyed the Team 2 comm channel, "Well, now we know whats up. We're going to wait until Fritz and the Team 1 yokels head out and we'll follow them in, okay? Okay." He said, grinning, and cut the channel. In the cockpits of the three other Rick Dias', the pilots of Team 2 merely nodded, even though the Lieutenant Commander didn't actually see or hear them.

And with that, they waited to move foward.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

When Celeine entered the bridge, the only person that noticed her was Wade. Luckily for him, his shades allowed him to hide the exact focus of his vision, so he hoped she hadn’t seen him take notice of her presence. During the course of his work as the fleet advanced, he made his way to Abbey’s side and whispered, “We seem to have a visitor, sir. That reporter from earth is watching from the doorway,”. Abbey nodded and waved Wade back to his work. A few moments later he spoke up without turning around, “Mr. Caro’d? Would you like to watch this engagement from the bridge?”.

- Dixon’s Nemo Squad -

“So the idea in low-gee conditions is– BREAK!”

Dixon saw the flash come from above him and Tulowitzki in time to yell a warning to his inexperienced comrade, and the two split apart and headed for cover. Stukov’s beam fire slammed into the lunar surface where Dixon had been skimming. The Hamburg’s team leader stopped long enough to return fire from behind a short outcropping before circling around to rejoin Tulowitzki’s unit. The younger LtJG had a bit more trouble avoiding the opening volley, losing a large section of her shield during her evasive moves. She concentrated on dodging Mercedes’ fire too much to shoot back, and looked desperately for the lieutenant to figure out what to do next.

The rest of the scattered Nemos, meanwhile, had moved up far enough to fire up at the advancing Titans as they neared the crater the Hamburg was occupying. The trio from Von Braun opened fire on Gamma team while the remaining two Hamburg units continued moving towards the Titan fleet.

- The Hamburg -
- Bridge -

Loweno cracked his knuckles as he watched the battle begin to unfold ahead of the Hamburg. He knew the conditions prevented the ship from directly supporting the mobile suits (not from this range, at least), but those Titan ships were still providing a tantalizing group of targets. “Good work, gunnery teams. Fire a salvo of missiles across the three ships at the tip of their formation!”

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

Thanks to Ltjg. Markado’s inexperience, his fearful outburst rang loud and clear on the bridge comm channel. Celeste attempted to calm him down as Abbey reached for his handset. “Team 3, this is your captain. We’re approaching the edge of your operational range. Don’t worry about the Hamburg, people. I almost regret siccing Capt. Loweno on the Titans with nothing better than 10 to 1 odds on their side - the man has made a career of laughing in the face of tactics and numbers. I think Ms. Angelina said it best: he can probably take an Alexandria out by himself. That’s why I need Team 3 to stay with the Dervish. André isn’t the one that needs an escort,”.

- The Miguel Gaia -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

After a few moments of irritation while waiting for the mechanics to attach weapons, Ltjg. Abendroth finally got a ‘Bay Clear’ message from control. He maneuvered the Rick Dom into position and was soon pouring on speed to catch up to his wingmen. The side of the MMP-80's barrel came to rest against Carlos’ machine, and Abendroth announced, “I’m here. What is your bidding, my master?”.

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

Scarcely two minutes after Abbey’s talk with Team 3, Filmore announced that the fleet was crossing into overlapping operational range with the Hamburg. Abbey picked his handset up again, but this time his voice was being broadcast to all of the 4th’s ships. “We have entered combat range. Everyone is clear to advance their mobile suit teams as they see fit. Please begin Minovsky broadcast once your orders have been passed along. Ships should stay in our current formation and provide support fire for each other.”. A push of a button altered the channel to broadcast to the Dervish’s mobile suits only. “Everyone, you’re clear to go. Teams 1 and 2 are to attack into the enemy formation as deep as LtCmdrs. Ashlyn and Eckardy see fit. Team 3, stay within escort range of the Dervish until further notice. Good hunting,”.

- Team One -

As soon as Abbey’s voice cut off, a new source of Minovsky sprang up behind Team 1, further hindering Fritz’ instruments and communications. Before they were completely useless he decided to give some orders, “Okay Team One. Everyone be aggressive, but stay smart. We’re going to pair off when we get closer. I’ll take Michiko with me. You’re all clear to attack!”. Michiko’s rapidly deteriorating video link showed her nodding in understanding. Once the order was given, the blue Rick Dias rocketed forward. At combat speed he would pass the Hamburg within thirty seconds, and another thirty would put him inside his own weapons’ range on their lead ship.

OOC: Assume all NPC captains have ordered Nemo teams to advance. AEUG PCs are clear to take control of NPCs.

...in case you’re wondering, Abendroth is carrying an MMP-80 with several spare clips on the right skirt, a single panzer faust on the left skirt, and a Zaku Bazooka on the rear skirt. If you weren’t, then now you know anyway.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Ascension

-James MacAlpin

"Woohoooooooooo!" Jim cheered in response to the order to advance. "Let's roll!"

He hit his thrusters, shooting towards the fray at near-maximum speed.

-Chuikov Crew

Caroline jumped when Dombrowski's voice came barking over the com.

"Attention Chuikov mobile suit team. You are clear to advance as your leader sees fit. You are clear to engage the enemy. No, let me rephrase that... You are expected to engage the enemy. One of our own Sallys is in trouble out there. Go give them a hand."

Caroline gulped. "Th-this is it..."

His message relayed, Dombrowski turned to his XO and nodded. The first officer barked, "Prepare to scatter Minovsky!"
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.