Episode 12 - Operation Apollo

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
wonton bob

Gela Hanger

All the action was focused on Barrique's Nemo. Bernard walks up to the techs who are gawking at the damaged Nemo.

shame, it was a good suit performance wise

"Hey let me know when my Nemo is ready. I'll be in medical." Bernard nods over at the heap. "that thing won't see space anytime soon.. even if you did fix it there's no one to pilot it."

Later-
Sick Bay

"he's heavily sedated but you can enter for a few minutes.."

Bernard sits across from Barrique looking on from the foot of the bed. Bernard has heard bits and pieces of Richard's past. He feels free to talk to the Lt. this way.

"Mercenary huh. What caused you to pick up a weapon and choose a side?" Bernard doesn't expect an answer. "You and I might be more alike than you'd like...I would meet people who hated me, and others with generous hearts, who accepted the totality of my experience and offered me a glass of beer to help me forget... Ultimately you will never be forgiven for having survived."

The comm on the wall beeps causing him to look over. " Nemo's ready. Hopefully there's still some fighting going on." Bernard stands at attention and salutes before leaving.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
King Monkey

Jacob hit his verniers, thrusting his Rick Dias up and to the side as it homed in on the Marasai. The bulky looking suit was surprising agile and three of the incoming shots passed by under him while the fourth grazed his suit's right leg, melting armor and exposing the framework underneath.

But the Marasai was retreating, leaving the area around the Hamburg so he didn't pursue any further. It took only a glance at his combat screens to see that one of the other Marasais was in close combat with Clute and firing into that would have as much chance of hitting his commanding officer as the enemy.

So, he focused on the last remaining Marasai and launched another rocket at it before Celeste closed the distance to melee range.

(firing at Shin)
RGM-79 GM

(OOC: Sorry I took so long. I didn't notice Psyden attacked me.)

Shin sees an enemy Rick-Dias coming in to attack range and he prepares for it's attack and he sees it fire one shot so he has his Marasai boost up and go over the shot and he is about to fire at it when he gets a warning of a attack and sees another Rick-Dias firing at him so he boosts to the left and dodges the shot(not sure which side you are attacking him from King Monkey).

Shin decides to attack the one that attacked him first(Celeste) and he sees the pilot pulled out a beamsaber so he pulls his beamsaber out in his Marasai's left hand and then moves in closer and fires one beam at the Rick-Dias center torso, not knowing the cockpit was in the head, and prepares for a melee battle.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Cybaster

What had been a small frown was now a very big one as Gilliarme eyed Shin still fighting in the middle of the Rick Dias formation. Apparently, Shin had not yet seen the signal from the Kirov. "Lieutenant Yamamoto!" Gilliarme yelled, sneering and firing one each of his last four shots in his Beam Rifle at Clute, and then at Jacob, and circled up to a better vantage point. "The Kirov's ordered a general retreat. We have to pull back right now, Lieutenant!"

If Shin didn't pull back now, he likely never will again. Gilliarme was going to have to resort to rank, after all, and quickly --- leaving Samantha unattended against these AEUG suits was an equally bad thing.

Seeing Celeste come at Shin as well, Gilliarme dove his Marasai down, emptying his Beam Rifle's last two shots towards the head of Celeste's Rick Dias and at Jack's Rick Dias again in general, and stopped himself briefly to the left of Shin's Marasai. Then, with a swift motion, Gilliarme tossed the now emptied Beam Rifle at the advancing Celeste and touched Shin's shoulder with the now empty right hand, Beam Saber still drawn at the other hand in case it would be needed. "Lieutenant Yamamoto," Gilliarme began, and shook his head derisively. This would be an exception, and never again will he give his team orders like he would now. "The Kirov has ordered us to pull back as well, and we shall oblige. This is not a suggestion this time, Lieutenant."

Then Gilliarme's Marasai pushed off, and Gilliarme looked for Jack's Rick Dias while waiting for Shin to comply.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
RGM-79 GM

"Sorry sir I didn't notice the signal to retreat. I will head back though." Shin has his Marasai begin heading back to the Kirov making sure to keep an eye on the enemy units and Gilliarme.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Ascension

-Jim MacAlpin

A few parting beams streaked past his Dias, but none of the Titans moved to pursue. He had made it out of the frying pan... now he just had to watch out for the fire. The first thing he needed to do was to locate some of his allies in the midst of the confusing battle...

((OOC: Honestly I've lost track of where the AEUG guys are... I would jump in to support someone, but I don't know who to support...))

-Caroline Tucker

"He's using that Nemo as a shield!" she gasped as Stukov moved behind one of her allies. Only moments later the Marasai sliced the Nemo apart... but she still couldn't bring herself to fire through a comrade's mobile suit... It just seemed... barbaric.

Instead she boosted to her right, trying to circle around to Stukov's left side. With her hands shaking on the controls, she raised her beam rifle and fired.

"Barbarian!" she cried.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Cybaster

"That's alright, Lieutenant, we all forget sometimes. Let's push the other Mobile Suit on Ensign Fulton away and use the opening to fall back before they can regroup on us." Gilliarme answered, his voice considerably softer this time, and with Shin watching the front, Gilliarme's eyes were around the other end at Celeste and Jack, emptying what was left of his vulcans in their direction while blazing back and some ways left of Shin's Marasai towards Samantha and the Kirov.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
ORegan

After hearing his CO's order for an immediate cease-fire, he did so without question and backed away to Varis' location. He kept his distance from him incase of an attack, they both wont be destroyed.

"Sir, next order?" he said on the com-line calmly, as if he was a zombie.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
RGM-79 GM

"Yes sir." Shin then looks around for Samantha's Marasai and when he finds it he boosts over to it and fires his beamrifle at a Rick-Dias attacking Samantha aiming for the lower right torso and then begins boosting in to get into melee combat.

(Attacking King Monkey)
King Monkey

Jacob was focused enough on the Marasai he was firing upon that he didn't notice the incoming beam shot until the last moment. Twisting his suit violently, he managed to avoid the shaft of energy, though it slipped between the arm and torso of his suit, coming shockingly close to hitting either one or both.

For a moment, it looks like the outnumbered Titans caught behind enemy lines are going to retreat and Jacob gets ready to fire another bazooka round to encourage them. But then, after a quick huddle, they apparently decide to press the attack.

Bounding up by firing his thrusters he dodges the incoming blast, letting it streak by under him. He discards his bazooka as the Marasai comes at him and racks the beam pistol in his hand at the same time.

In the same motions, he draws the other beam pistol into his right hand and pulls out his left beam saber, igniting it. As he descends in front of Shin's Marasai, he fires a trio of beam shots at the Mobile Suit.
mcred23

- Team 2 -

Fire kept coming at them, from both ships and enemy mobile suits, but enough couldn't be brought to bear quickly enough. Team 2, which continued to fire largely at random into the ranks of the Titan ships, passed through somewhat scattered, but without being hit.

They kept going, following Eddie who was now further ahead than before. The team raced foward behind him, and followed as he made a hard right turn taking away from the Titan forces. Once they were well out of range, Eddie came to a stop and the team formed up.

"Am I the only one who saw Musais?" Ian asked first.

"No, I saw 'em too." Roy commented, "Three right?"

"Yeah, it looked like three." Eddie put in, his Rick Dias turning toward Ian's, "Well, you used to be with the Republic, you recognize any of 'em?"

On the display, Greydon's image shrugged. "Nothing special, but I'll check my sensor data later."

"Um... is everyone okay?" Marvin interrupted. All three of the others said yes quickly, to which the young man replied, "Okay okay, I just wanted to be sure."

Eckardy laughed. "It's alright Cowboy." He paused, the image the other three saw was Eddie looking down at something, "Okay, I think we all burned up a good chunk of fuel doin' that. Lets get back to the ship and rearm." And with that, he took off toward the Dervish at normal speed, his teammates right behind him.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Psyden

Constantine spots the Nemos just before they see him.

Damn! Maybe they won’t notice-- Nope, they noticed me!

As soon as the first begins leveling his beam rifle, Pendragon is already going into evasive maneuvers, which in this case is dodge-rolling to his right just in time to avoid the second shot by an uncomfortable margin measured in meters, the first having missed by a larger distance because of Pendragon’s moving when he did. As he continues his roll, Al’s first shot goes too high and his second, too low. However, the young pilot’s third shot scores a direct hit, removing the entirety of the Hizack’s left leg thruster (thus robbing Pendragon of the ability to skim across the Lunar surface), though the final shot is way off.

Damn!!!

Without the ammo to fight off another pair of Nemos, both of whom have beam rifles and are in more-or-less one piece, and now with the added handicap of leg damage, the youngest and currently only pilot of the Herakles with an operable suit and the last to return to ship who will return to ship, must retreat from his own ship. Had he only had the ammunition or a better performing suit, he would not have to suffer this indignity. However, neither of those requirements are met, leaving him with no option but to head for the Alexandria. Why two of the terrorists’ GM rip-off where allowed to get so close to the fleet when the majority of the Titan forces where held in reserve is a puzzling question, one he’d like to now the answer to when/if he makes it back aboard the ship.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
wonton bob

- Salamis Kai-class Gela -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

At a fast pace Bernard walks past Barrique's Nemo lying in a darkened corner of the hanger. The few sections of leg being used as parts have been draped. As Bernard leaps up toward the cockpit, a tech informs him of the repair. "It was a quick fix so don't do nuthin' fancy and there was no time to fully recharge yer rifle."

"No prob. I only fired eight shots." Bernard scoffed.

After being seated and closing the hatch he checks all controls and power levels.

The monitor took awhile to come online..another item to fix later.

The Nemo makes it way to the catapult deck.

"Ens. Korbel to bridge. I'm good to go. Am I cleared for launch?"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
The Big Zabowski

As Norman now had his full attention on the incomming Hizack, he failed to notice the impact of one of his rifle shots to the port side of the bridge... Not caring the least bit for the bridge crew in any way, he now was intent on making an MS kill for the day.

"Heh, gotcha now, ya little s**t"

Norman grinned almost maliciously as he racked his rifle, now out of ammunition. He reached behind his suit's back to produce a saber in his right hand, the shield locking closed in it's compact mode to make it more wieldly. What good was a big freaking shield when the thing was almost always in your way in a melee fight?

Al, on the other hand, still had his rifle drawn, preferring to have the safety of distance and firepower rather than relying on a blade of superheated plasma. It was only a tiny smidgen of comfort, but to him..it was all worth it.

With a Roll to his left and up, be brought himself in front and above Pendragon's Hi-Zack, letting loose a volley of three more shots in a triangular pattern. it ate up precious ammunition, but at least gave the rookie a better chance of hitting the damned Hi-Zack.

"Ain't gonna work AL!" Roared Norman as he thrust forward behind the shots to provide a second line of assault on the now retreating Hi-Zack. If he had his way, that Hi-Zack was going to be little more than fodder for junk collectors when he was through.

But that wasn't to be, as it began to make a run at of all places..The Kirov. It seemed that this little Zack wasn't going to try it on his own, which made things worse for Norman and Al as the AA fire around had picked up significantly since they had departed the assault on the Herakles.

*Vwee-Vwee!*

Al rolled right, just in time to have his rifle arm sheared off at the elbow, the upper arm now displaying it's innards while spewing hydraulic fluid like blood from a severed limb.

"DAMN! Norman, we gotta go! The fire's picking up!"

Norman only heared bits and pieces of that, but then got the message when a bolt from the Herakles smashed into his lower left leg, taking out the thrusters in a blazingly bright ignition of fuel. Norman quickly regained his bearings and without a word flipped the bird with his Nemo at the Hi-Zack and boosted back to Al.

With an earshattering crash, Norman litterally rammed into Al as another bolt from the Herakles speared the region where Al's Nemo had been moments before. Grabbing the shoulder of the younger pilot, Norman took off with what good thrusters he had and headed back to the Gela for repairs.

In his cockpit, Norman returned to his bland speaking style with a muse to himself, of which Al could hear over the radio.

"Damn..took those guys long enough to hit us.."

Al let out a sigh and raised his helmet visor, wiping sweat from his brow as he released himself from Norman's grasp and flew in close formation with the defacto leader of Gela Squadron. Their first flight had been rough, but to Al, he felt that at least they had accomplished something with the attack on the ship. At least it'd leave the vessel in port for repairs for a while.
Last edited by The Big Zabowski on Sat May 26, 2007 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Psyden

Since Clute is already evading Julian, swinging his legs out of the line of fire is nothing at all. Celeste’s dodge is not a easy, in fact, if she was piloting a suit without binders, she wouldn’t have been able to dodge.

Celeste’s next dodge is easier, though as she pours on the thrust and has her mecha spread its legs as if attempting to do mid-air splits (of course, not succeeding), allowing the shot to pass underneath.

So, this guy wants to cross sabers, huh? The last guy that did that didn’t fair too well, and he was in a superior suit. Of course, I only have one saber with this thing…

As she closes, she fires a case shot from her clay bazooka and uses the phalanx to shoot it down (thanks to computer assisted targeting), causing it to detonate prematurely, sending a cone of the deadly pellets. The reason for the premature detonation is that now the bearings will have more time to spread out, making for an ever-growing wall that will be hard to escape without being caught by it on some part of the body. Though the density will be lower when it reaches Shin, it should still be enough to deal a good amount of damage to most of the suit if he does not do anything. Just in case this fails, she ignites her saber, adding emphasis to the point that she is not one to be taken lightly.

Clute, in his effort to dodge this lastest shot from Julian, hits the ground and skips off, though will the effect of accomplishing his goal of dodging. In retaliation for that attack, he fires of another shot from his bazooka before gaining altitude. And just for good measure, he fires on another one.

In order to redeem himself, Jack lands on the lunar surface in a kneeling position, takes aim with the beam rifle at Julian and fires at the cockpit. He fires gain, another well aimed shot, at Julian’s right side and another at his left, each dead center of the respective dark red portions of the Marasai’s upper body.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
RGM-79 GM

Shin sees the enemy suit coming in with it's beam pistol and he prepares to dodge it's attack and then when it begins firing at him he has his Marasai boost to his right in a circle going around behind the suit and dodging the beams he then prepares to attack it again but sees another enemy aiming a bazooka at him and firing a shell at him so he has his Marasai boost up and he sees the enemy blow up their own shell and he shrugs but his Marasai's left foot is hit and heavily damaged by one of the pellets. 'I guess their using spread shot.'

Shin then activates his beamsaber and fires one beamrifle shot at the backpack of the suit infront of him that he is behind(King Monkey) and he then boosts over to the other one(Celeste) and gets into melee range and slices at it's torso thinking that if he hits that area the cockpit will be sliced and also fires a few vulcan rounds at the suit's main camera to try and blind the pilot.
King Monkey

Jacob quickly spins to track the Marasai. When he's turned halfway, he boosts forward, causing the beam shot coming at him to streak by behind him to vaporize some lunar rock.

He keeps the pressure on his controls, accelerating and turning to follow Shin's Marasai. Just as the enemy makes his swing, Jacob kills his thrusters and stabs forward toward the enemy mobile suit's back with his ignited beam saber. (attacking Shin)
Cardi Doorl

OOC: Know what's funny? I only just now noticed that EZero8 claimed his prize and got a custom title. How long has it been like that without my noticing?

IC:
Main Formation

- Ipswich Team -

Gelt hit his verniers for a strafe, Gelt let the Rick Dias' return fire shave away most of the armor on his Hizack's spiked shoulder dome. Unfazed, he pushed forward and pressed the attack with a duo of new beam shots. Gelt may have been inexperienced, but one couldn't accuse him of a lack of courage. Inspired by their leader's example, the rest of Ipswich Team, machine guns still chattering, rushed aggressively at the red AEUG machine.

- Dooparalamoore Tri-Stars and Randarmel Team -

Thanks to Dieguez's pre-emptive left roll, most of Curren's return fire flew past him. He wasn't sure how Abendroth and Radice fared but it was likely safe to presume them alright.

Still circling leftward, Dieguez fired his bazooka once more.

The three Hizacks of Randarmel Team, seeing that the warships withdrawing from the operation zone, stopped flying toward the Rick Dias and, without much warning, began to fall back toward the ships while spraying their machine guns at the red machine.

- Buxoro Team and Zomel Team -

Whoops and cheers went up as it appeared the four Rick Dias' had been driven away. Only Lon knew better than to celebrate; the two teams had probably done little to prompt the enemy's withdrawal.

"Quiet down, everyone," he snapped, "This isn't over yet. We need to cover the ships while they retreat."

The two teams crept back and stuck around the Buxoro as it gained distance from the moon's surface.

Up Front

- Stukov -

Stukov's beam saber stab plowed through the unprepared Nemo's midsection, causing the green machine to bend sideways unnaturally at the middle. The Mad Russian pulled out his saber to see flames licking out from the hole made by the blade. He immediately fired his thruster to make a short backwards jump as the Nemo burst violently from the ignited propellant. In jumping back, Caroline's beam was allowed to pass in front of Stukov's Marasai. It didn't hit, but it was all too close.

Stukov rapidly assessed his situation; two Nemos, one far to his left, the other a distance to his front. The Hizack seemed to be gone; Stukov didn't notice any Hizack wreckage that hadn't been there before, so the pilot had probably managed to escape alive. Good. The Titans hardly needed more unnecessary casualties at this point.

Also of importance was the series of flares going up from the Kirov. They were the ones denoting a complete withdrawal of the entire taskforce from the combat area. In that case, Daningan's Main Force was done with their job - which could mean either success or failure, to be honest.

In any case, Stukov had done more than he'd intended. He'd tied up seven enemy suits - killing three in the process - while Echo's vanguard fell back. He wasn't about to push it any further, so he kicked off from the Lunar surface and flew off at full speed. As he did so, he took aim at the last Nemo to fire at him - Caroline's - and offered a three-shot parting gift as he deactivated his beam saber.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Cardi Doorl

- Chuikov Team -

Without even being ordered, Caroline split off to flank that monster Marasai. Not about to risk letting her become the focus of its attention, Jonas rushed foward at the Titan unit just as the last of the Von Braun Nemos was wrecked.

But then, the red mobile suit with the hammer-and-sickle shoulder insignia simply boosted away. Looking at the main fight further in the distance, Jonas saw a series of flares from the Titan warships, and saw that said warships seemed to be distancing themselves from Luna.

We... won? So easily?

Mildly perplexed, but not about to let it get to him, Jonas jammed his comm button and called out to his team, "Chuikov Team, regroup on me!"
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Ascension

The Marasai raised its beam rifle, aiming at Caroline. She panicked and hit full reverse thrusters, as if she hoped to outrun the three deadly beams lancing towards her mobile suit...

She screamed.

Then she got lucky. Her mobile suit's ankle caught on the lip of a crater, and the Nemo fell over backwards, crashing into the lunar surface and kicking up a large cloud of dust.

The beams passed harmlessly over her prone mobile suit.

"Chui... ...eam regrou... me..." she heard in bursts of static over her comm.

"Is that Marasai gone?" she wondered aloud as her Nemo struggled to its feet.

She emerged from the dust cloud to see Jonas's suit standing nearby. The Marasai was nowhere to be seen.

She boosted over and grabbed the corner of Jonas's shield.

"What just happened, sir?" she asked, befuddled.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.