Episode 12 - Operation Apollo

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Ascension

-Dervish, Hangar

Jim strapped himself into his Rick Dias with a slight grin. Of course, nothing was certain, but word was that the Titans might finally be coming. He opened a comm channel with Fritz.

"Ahhh," he sighed contentedly," they say we might finally see some action today! I've been waiting for some time now to try this Dias out in a full-scale battle... So, what do you think, Commander Ashlyn? Are the signs favorable for a fight today?"
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

Samantha's eyes narrowed at Gilliarme's question. "What's it to you, Lieutenant?"

- Salamis Kai-class Hades -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

"Good to see two of you here, at least," muttered M-Hover. In response to Patrick's question, he said, "Your mission, boys, is to stick with me and make sure the rebels don't hit me from the sides while I'm busy killing. Also, don't get your pretty selves killed, either."

As he said that, the fourth pilot for Hades Team entered the bay with his helmet still lolling on his pilot suit's backpack. The man was the very definition of bland; he had a face so average one his own mother probably had difficulty picking him out from a crowd, and brown hair combed neatly.

He climbed into his Hizack, his incredibly average baritone filling M-Hover's cockpit. "Reporting, sir."

Picard had to flip through a file to remember the guy's name. "Good. For now, just sit tight until we get launch orders, Ens. Varis Silverwind VII."

~ Roughly 25 minutes later ~

- Combat Bridge -

Taskforce Echo and its Zeon auxiliaries had reached a cluster of craters on the Lunar surface several clicks west of Von Braun and remained near the ground. The plan was to make Echo look like it was building up to attack Von Braun from the flank while the main force attacked directly. Doing so might prompt the AEUG to send out a unit to pre-empt them, thus weakening the city's overall defense - the result Jamaican would want. On the other hand, the AEUG might call Trent's bluff and ignore Echo, which would be fine by Trent.

"Remember, everyone," said Trent, "We're trying to get detected, but make it look like we're trying not to. Have the Kirov's mobile suits deploy quietly, but keep all other mobile suits in their ships for now. I'll only launch them if we engage enemy forces."

- Mobile Suit Bay -

"Stukov, Marasai launching," intoned Alpha Team's leader. His Marasai was shot forth, a feeling that had become natural as breathing to him.

Leandro, being last in line, watched as Mercedes followed. He then stepped his Hizack onto the catapult. "Ltjg. Alvarez, Hizack Custom, launching now." He instinctively gripped the control sticks more tightly as his mobile suit shot out.

Once he'd cleared the Kirov, he saw the familiar panorama of stars above him. Below him and stretching out into the horizon, however, was the foreign sight of pale Lunar soil. Von Braun City itself was just barely visible in the distance.

Leandro grouped up with the rest of Alpha Team. They were huddled at the edge of the crater.

"Remember that fighting on the Lunar surface can feel like fighting in open space sometimes due to Luna's weak gravity. But remember it's not entirely the same; Luna's gravity may be weak, but it exists. The presence of ground can also change the dynamics of a battle, so don't forget it's there. I've seen my share of pilots do just that, putting themselves at a disadvantage against opponents who do remember how this landscape can affect battle."

Leandro half-listened; he was on edge, feeling jitters all over. He was all mixed-up about how to feel. Should he be itching for revenge, or would it be more right to stay in check?
Last edited by Cardi Doorl on Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

Fritz had just settled into his seat and flipped his helmet on when Eddie appeared on his HUD. "Hey Fritzy, any news on what's goin' on?" his XO grinned. "Well," Fritz began as he began flipping switches and going through checks, "...nothing concrete. We're in the sweet spot for the attack; now we get to wait until one of our lookouts gives us a heads-up,". He paused as the cockpit hatch whooshed closed. "Of course, don't get too comfortable when you go off standby," he added, adjusting the comm channel to include all of Team 1. "Team 1, you there?". Michiko's face appeared next to Eddie's and she responded with a simple, "Yes, sir,".

~ A Few Kilometers Away ~
- The Hamburg -
- Bridge -

"Captain, Lt. Dixon says his team is ready,".

André Loweno snapped out of his daydream and turned to the comm station. "Good. Go ahead and have him launch and stand on the bow," he responded with a captainly wave of the hand. He shifted in his chair and brought his left ankle up to rest on his right knee. Well, it certainly appeared as if this diversion would end up just as boring as sitting in Von Braun. Yesterday Abbey had decided to send the Hamburg out on patrol in the surrounding area, specifically a series of interconnecting craters that would provide a nice approach path to the city.

Loweno stroked his newly clean-shaven chin and mused, "If only this had led to some action...". The radar tech's voice brought him back to the mission at hand, "Captain?". Loweno crossed his arms and replied, "Nothing. Just thinking out loud,". The tech turned his chair around to face the captain's and pressed, "Captain! I'm picking up... a lot of stuff that shouldn't be there,". Loweno immediately pushed himself off the chair and floated to the bridge windows, already holding his hand out for the helmsman to hand him his binoculars.

"Stuff, eh? Like what? And where, exactly?" the captain asked, scanning the lunar surface ahead of the Hamburg. The tech turned back to his instruments and called out, "Well... multiple large contacts. Ships, I think,". Loweno lowered his field glasses and smiled. "You think, huh? Scatter Minovsky. Launch the rest of Dixon's team," he ordered. "And make sure you send word to Von Braun before we screen ourselves in with M-particles, thank you," he added as the ship's glorious battle alarms began to sound.

~ Von Braun ~
- The Argama -
- Bridge -

"Captain!" Keithron yelped, pressing his headset to his ear as voice traffic exploded across the AEUG network. "It's criss-crossing the whole city..." Torres muttered, listening intently to the friendly comm channels. Bright stood up in the footrests of his chair and demanded, "What is it? They've come?". Caesar turned and answered, "Captain, one of our patrol ships is on the verge of contact with an unidentified fleet of ships outside of Von Braun,". Bright frowned and ordered, "Send word to the 4th. I'm sure they're listening to the same thing you are, but we can't have them caught unaware if they're not. Samarn, hold position,".

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

Luckily for Abbey, Gates was elsewhere on the ship when Torres appeared on the main screen. "We just heard. That patrol ship is ours," Abbey explained before Torres could speak. "Alright, captain. We wanted to make sure you were ready. You're recalling them, aren't you?" he asked. Abbey chuckled grimly, "Son, I don't think I could recall Capt. Loweno even if I could respond to his message,".

- Hangar -

Jim’s contented face soon appeared in Fritz’ HUD next to the others. "Ahhh," Jim sighed," they say we might finally see some action today! I've been waiting for some time now to try this Dias out in a full-scale battle... So, what do you think, Commander Ashlyn? Are the signs favorable for a fight today?". As soon as the words left his mouth, the general alarm began to sound throughout the ship. Jane's voice echoed through the halls and in the hangar, "The ship is now at yellow alert. All pilots, please report to the hangar for combat standby,". “Lieutenant Commander. And I guess that’s a ‘yes’, Zeke,” Fritz huffed. Like the last time, ‘Zeke’ sounded more like a friendly nickname than an insult.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Ascension

-Dervish, hangar

Jim chuckled, "Ehh, it's easier to say it without the lieutenant... and I'm sure you wouldn't mind the promotion... By the way, did anyone remember to bring a sheep so we can check its entrails real quick before we launch?"
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
EZero8

--The Dervish--
--Hangar--

Wes was pretty much napping in his cockpit before he heard Fritz's voice over the channel asking for all of Team 1. He noticed Fritz, Michiko, and the Zeke all with their faces on his HUD. He punched the line and responded, "Yeah, I'm here Fritz..."

Not long after he says that, a "yellow alert" call came asking for all pilots to go into standby. It looks like they're not going be the only ones on patrol afterall.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
wonton bob

- Mobile Suit Bay -

Jason sits in the Hizack awaiting the next move. Gripping the controls his heart races, a look of delight appears. At long last a real battle was imminent.

"Yes sir."

Hopefully someone on the Kirov has a ichy trigger finger and get things started already.

Jason opens a comm to Miller. "Call out your shots. Fire short bursts to conserve ammo when they are in range, only. And for god's sake make sure no friendlies are in your line of fire -look beyond your targets."

Just do what your told. Jason not worried about Miller but for his own life. If he can live past today so he can continue to kill tomorrow. Jason has abandoned the idea of making friends. They just die and take a part of you with them.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
ORegan

Patrick saluted..even though there was noone to see it "Roger sir, I will stay right behind you"

when Jason radioed him about aiming he again saluted and said "roger sir, I will aim my best."

He looked around the hanger with his 'Zack's camera's trying to get a feel for the sights of the panoramic cockpits
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Psyden

Celeste had been in the midst of another conversation with Celeine when the yellow alert sounds. She only spares a second to look at the speaker before glancing back at the other woman.

“Sorry, Celeine, looks like it’s time to get going…”

She waves bye to Celeine and hurriedly rushes out of the mess hall.

-----

It seems the she is the first of Team 3 to arrive. She quickly leaps off the ground and manages to land gentle on the Rick Dias’ shoulder. Hers is unmistakable, with a white circle paint on the torso, where the patch was on her Nemo. Anyone who knows about her past career should get what it signifies.

“Celeste Angelina, reporting in.”

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Bezerker

"Dante Diotrophes, checking in Nick, cocked locked and ready to rock" Dante said as he finished buckling himself into his cockpit seat. He watched as Wolf and his squad left the bay. "Good luck out there you guys" he said over the radio as he finished preparing his suit for launch.
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
King Monkey

Riding a gripper is just not as satisfying as running. Sure, Ltjg. Markado was probably moving just as fast while holding onto the advanced person conveyance system as he would have been if he was on foot, but there was something to be said about moving around on your own power. Riding the gripper system was just too passive, and you couldn't force it to go any faster in an emergency.

So, it's not until he gets to the ready room that he can prove his eagerness and vent some of his tension. Changing into his normal suit in record time, he bounds out into the hangar. His first combat launch (potentially) from the Dervish, it takes him a moment to orient himself before he bounds up to the shoulder of his Rick Dias.

"Lt jay gee Angelina!" he calls out, attracting the woman's attention. He doesn't really know what to say after that, just happy to see a familiar face. So, he just salutes awkwardly and says "Good luck!" before turning to his cockpit and keying the sequence to get in.
Cardi Doorl

- Musai Kai-class Miguel Gaia -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

Wearing his pilot suit sans the helmet, Lt. Carlos Dieguez munched on a sandwich acquired from the break room vendor. He was waiting for the rest of the Dooparalamoore gang, but didn't feel they had any particular need to rush.

Then a shout came over the PA: "Suit team, launch immediately!"

But then another voice cut in, this one from the captain: "Mr. Rorbz, what in God's name- ignore that order, everyone. Suit teams are not ordered to launch yet!"

Carlos smirked. Ah, the helmsman Mr. Rorbz...

- Combat Bridge -

"We've spotted something, sir!" called out Gojiro Nakagawa.

"Looks like a large vessel," elaborated Sergei Trochinski, "It isn't reading friendly or civilian."

"High probability it's an AUEG probe..." muttered Trent. His suspicion was, as far as he could tell, confirmed when the contact vanished from sensors due to Minovsky interference. "That's some sort of enemy unit, alright. Inform the rest of the taskforce if they haven't yet detected it. Scatter Minovsky, and quietly launch suits from the other ships. Have those stay near enough to their ships so as to be difficult to confirm visually, though - I want them to be unsure of what we have aside from the Kirov units we already deployed."

- Mobile Suit Bay -

"That's us, boys," said M-Hover with an eager grin, "Quiet launch, and stay latched onto the ship once you're out there and until we get the order to do something else.

Once the elevator had taken his Hizack up to the Hades' top deck, Picard walked it over so it was standing on the bow end like an OYW GM.

- Salamis Kai-class Buxoro -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

Lieutenant Commander Lon Kou, in a manner that could be described as matter-of-fact, fastened the restraints of his Hizack Custom and set it up to ride the elevator to the launch deck. Before he went up, he looked over the team that had been assigned to him only days ago. They seemed like they'd be a reliable bunch, but seeing how they worked in a fight was the only way to be sure. He had a junior-grade lieutenant and an Ensign who had both seen extensive action against the AEUG. The last man was a green Ensign; he seemed to have his act together better than most rookies, but that didn't necessarily translate well into the battlefield.

The upcoming fight would allow Lon to test the waters.

- Beta Team -

Wolf tightened his grip as he read that the fleet was scattering Minovsky. Considering everything, tha probably meant an enemy had been sighted.

Not long now...
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Agent Fisher

-Sally-Kai Herakles-
-Hull-

Brown walked his Hizack to the side of the ship and stepped off. Because of the laws of inertia, he stayed in the same position, relative to the ship. He brought his legs upwards, putting the suit into what would have been a crouch in gravity. He nudged the thrusters, pushing him down, and against the side of the ship. He opened his comm on low power to the suit team, so it wouldn't travel much farther than the length of the ship. "Herakles One to team. Soft launch. Once your on the deck, walk to the side, step off, and then use your thrusters to move to the side of the ship and hold there." He orders through the comm.
Franz Liebkind: I was never a member of the Nazi Party! I only followed orders. I had nothing to do with the war! I didn't even know there was a war on. We lived in the back...
Cybaster

30 minutes earlier, Alexandria-class Kirov

"I didn't mean to intrude, Ensign Fulton. I apologize." Gilliarme pursed his lip together, shaking his head. "But I couldn't help but become curious as to exactly what happened then and about the batard who did that to you." And if it's the same bastard that I'm thinking it might be, Gilliarme left unspoken. One can never know who was a Newtype and who wasn't. "I was hoping you and I could talk about it eventually, Ensign Fulton, if you do not mind."

30 minutes later

With all the preflights complete and the order to launch, seeing Stukov and the others launch ahead, the rest was pretty self-explanatory. Gilliarme straightened himself and glared forward.

"Right, it's nothing much to worry about. Nothing too fancy, just stick to the mission parameters and I'm sure we'll be fine. Good luck out there, Delta." A pause to let Samantha and Shin register his encouragement, and then Gilliarme nodded. "Delta Team, ready --- Gilliarme Lasalle, initiating silent launch!"

Then Gilliarme's Marasai stepped slowly forward, out of the flight deck opening, and gently pushed itself upwards off the ship proper. After floating for a small distance above the Kirov, Gilliarme let the control thrusters halt its ascent until it was now moving parallel with the Kirov to wait for his two wingmen and keep alert within the ships' Minovsky Fields, as Trent ordered.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
wonton bob

- Mobile Suit Bay -

"That's us, boys," said M-Hover with an eager grin, "Quiet launch, and stay latched onto the ship once you're out there and until we get the order to do something else."

"Roger that." Jason replied.

As soon as M-Hover's 'zack was in position, the elevator had carried Jason's Hizack upward near the catapult deck. He stepped off the lift and walked past the catapult and took a post above the port side missile tubes. Jason prepared himself for anything by raising the machine gun and shield.

A feeling of bitter hatred hit him. Zeons assisting.. damn them for ruining this day. We should finish them all off.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
RGM-79 GM

Shin has his Marasai follow after Gilliarme's and when it gets to the flight deck opening he has it push off from the ship and he follows after Gilliarme as best he can. When he gets a good distance away from the Kirov he has it use it's thrusters to stop and he then sees where Gilliarme is and he has his Marasai boost over slowly and then stop when he gets close to it and then waits for orders.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Psyden

Constantine rolled his eyes as he heard the static-filled message, horribly degraded from the raising Minovsky Particle density, the fact that there was a great deal of hull plating them, and the jackass had turned his com’s power down. Does he actually think he’s being stealthy? The likely hood of anyone picking up a short ranged (different from purposely tuning down your com so it can barely broadcast over the length of the ship) communication from a range where the people you are trying to hide from is on just on this side of remotely possible. Unnecessary theatrics will only get him killed, taking his team (and Pendragon) with him.

And what is with all that ‘Herakles One’ nonsense? Is this guy on an ego trip or has he seen one too many war movies?

The ensign rides the elevator up, but does not step off the edge and hang onto the side, right in front of the dual mega particle cannon. Instead, he feathers his thrusters to barely lift off the dead and heads aft, before dropping down on the ledge between the port dual MPC turret and the hull proper. Not only does it camouflage him better, but it keeps him out of the line-of-fire of one of the ship’s main guns and helps keep him from falling, even in this weak gravity.

“Ens. Pendragon, in position.”

From this point of view, he can watch the other ensign, who will problem screw up some how.

And what the f--- are Zeke ships here for? Probably just cannon fodder. But why are we so close to the moon?

Constantine thinks about radioing his team leader, whose apparent ineptitude is being to show, asking to be filled in on why they are in formations with ZEKES and why they are out of their guard position and in what would appear to be a perfect approach to assault Von Braun, but decides against it. What ever else happens, he’ll figure out what’s going on soon enough. With any luck, he’ll actually see some action. And if the stars, who hanging above, somehow deader than on Earth without their twinkle, line up just right, his entire team might get WIA and get transferred for people who are actually competent. He doesn’t want to see them killed, not for any moral reason, but it’d look bad to be the only surviving member of his team, unless they see major action. Heck, if he can prove his worth as a pilot, he might just get promoted off this tub…

But first, time to watch the show.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Agent Fisher

Brown shook his head. The arrogant little p***k refused to use the call signs he had given them. And he would probably get himself killed. It was then he noticed his position, relative to the ship. He tapped the thrusters, sending him upwards. Another tap and the ship started to pass by him. Once he had cleared the cannons, he hit his thrusters again, putting himself behind the housing of the cannon.
Franz Liebkind: I was never a member of the Nazi Party! I only followed orders. I had nothing to do with the war! I didn't even know there was a war on. We lived in the back...
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

Jim chuckled, "Ehh, it's easier to say it without the lieutenant... and I'm sure you wouldn't mind the promotion... By the way, did anyone remember to bring a sheep so we can check its entrails real quick before we launch?". “Can’t say I did,” Michiko said, a hint of a giggle at the end of the reply. Fritz was glad to see her mood improve. “Don’t look at me. Intelligence isn’t soothsaying,” Fritz said as he brought his Dias’ systems up to a combat ready status.

- Bridge -

Abbey’s luck abruptly ran out after the connection to the Argama was closed. Gates returned to the bridge and immediately began asking questions and giving orders. “One of my ships is out there alone and you’re not moving already? What kind of operation is this?” he complained, his hands balling into fists as he practically threw a fit. Abbey stopped grinding his teeth long enough to answer, “With all due respect, sir, you are not in command here. I’m preparing to have the fleet move to assist the Hamburg after I consult the Argama and the AEUG staff in the city,”.

At the “not in command here” line, Wade sucked air in between his teeth. Predictably, Gates puffed up to a more condescending posture and crossed his arms as he prepared himself for a selfish tirade. “Captain, I’ve got more power here than I think you’re aware of. I can pull the funding out from under you so fast you’ll float back to Amman!” he ranted, before turning in Wade’s direction and pointing an accusing finger. “And don’t think I didn’t hear that, Wilson. You’re more than replaceable,”.

“Enough, Gates,” Abbey ordered, his voice tinged with a rare angry edge. Gates turned back to him and his mouth tightened into a displeased line. “I wont have you talking to my helmsman like that. Please return to your quarters until you’ve calmed down,” he continued, his grip on his chair’s armrests tightening. Gates hesitated a moment, and looked almost as if he would press the issue, but he finally turned for the door with a huff. As he left, his voice trailed behind him, “I’m not joking, captain. I want this fleet on the move,”.

~ A Few Kilometers Away ~
- The Miguel Gaia -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

Ltjg. Abendroth floated into the ready room just as Rorbz shouted over the ship’s PA system, “Suit team, launch immediately!". If he hadn’t recognized the voice, it would have jump started him into action. As the captain corrected the helmsman and rescinded the premature launch order though, Abendroth just rolled his eyes and decided to wait a bit longer before changing into his pilot suit.

He headed out into the bay itself, his uniform’s small cape trailing behind him in zero-g. “Hey, Lieutenant,” he called out at Dieguez’ back after spotting his long-time squad leader. He came to a stop next to him and pulled at the cuffs of his gloves absentmindedly. “I guess I’ll wait until Ronnie gets here before I trip over myself getting into a normal suit,”.

- The Hamburg -
- Bridge -

“Oh yeah, cap. Those are MS thrusters. Barely flickering on and off right next to the ships,”.

Loweno smiled. Nice to have a crack spotting team when he was so outnumbered. “Make sure we don’t give them a broad target. Keep us pointed right at their formation for now. Have Dixon break away and move ahead of us as a screen. We’re going to be playing a little defense here,” he ordered. It felt good to know he would finally get into some guaranteed action here. He felt helpless when he had to constantly break contact during the last operation; the Hamburg hadn’t had the chance to really prove herself in heavy combat beyond damaging an enemy ship.

“Lt. Dixon confirms the order, captain. ...portside spotter says there are three mobile suits moving ahead of us that aren’t from Dixon’s team,” an operator announced. “They’re Nemos, sir. Must be from the Von Braun unit,” someone else added. “That’s fine. They’re free to get in on this. There’s plenty of targets to go around,” Loweno smiled as he raised his binoculars up to get a look at the newcomers. Three Nemos skimmed across the lunar surface; each had its right shoulder armor painted black, with a white “VB” logo in the center.

Loweno thought the situation over for a moment before ordering, “Go ahead and move us forward to the next choke point where the craters meet. It’ll have to do until the rest of the 4th gets here,”.

~ Von Braun ~
- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

The controller from the city’s small AEUG unit saluted and said, “We’re not sure if it's a diversion operation or not. We're assuming it isn't. You’re clear, captain. Good luck,”. Abbey returned the salute as the connection closed. So that was that. The Argama would remain behind while the 4th moved to assist the Hamburg against whatever threat was approaching the city along the surface. Abbey sat in silence for a moment before ordering, “Put the fleet on red alert. Full combat stations. I want us ready before we get there,”.

A few minutes later, the 4th reoriented their direction and began filing out of Von Braun’s airspace in the direction of the Hamburg. If the attack on the moon was coming from that direction, the 4th would be the AEUG’s total response...
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
The Big Zabowski

Richard had been twiddling his thumbs in his office, dwelling in a sort of self pitty over his actions and self thought failure to assist the young ensign Izuruha. His sleeve was rolled up, revealing a sort of geometric design resembling a greenish teal imperial eagle with outstretched wings, but only in general shape.

It had been a sign of the group, or gang as some saw it, that he was with while he lived in Shangri La. He absently rubbed the 5 inch by 5 inch logo emblazoned on his arm while lazily peering out the view port of his quarters at the lunar surface, lost in thought.

With a fist to his desk, he floated out of his chair and over to the afore mentioned view port, hands shoved into his uniform pockets.

Stop dwelling on things Rich. You preach that you should put death and sorrow behind yourself, and live for today. But here you are moping around your office in a daze doing exactly that; dwelling on death, sorrow, and those times on S-la.

Get your s**t together and grow some balls.

With a deep lung filling sigh, he removes his hands from his uniform pockets and crosses his arms, kicking over to the wall. He glanced momentarily over to the files on his desk and at the particular file of Bernard Korbel which he had also been dwelling on for the past several hours.

This dwelling thing was something he would definitely have to fix..

And as that thought echoed in his head, it was shattered by a blaring klaxon shriek that echoed throughout the Gela. It was followed by a relayed order from Captain Abbey to bring the fleet to Red Alert and full combat ready status.

"Ok..No more dwelling Richard, time to get in gear and go."

With that simple pep line, he kicked over to the door and with the swish of it's opening, wasted no time kicking through the halls and down to the pilot locker room. In a similar fashion of speed, he dumped his uniform into his locker, and zipped up his lemon yellow pilot suit. For the suit, it was the average AEUG yellow with white trim on the shoulders. But the helmet was where there was a bit of flair on Richard's part. Like his old Zeon helmet, he had painted been stripes on the forehead shield, which on the normal AEUG flight suit would be the same white as on the shoulders.

With a click-clack, he rammed the helmet onto the locking clasp attached to the life support pack on his back, and floated out into the hangar. As he approached his Nemo, he gave a small frown at the sight of the shoulder scheme.

He was dwelling again..and this was a nice way to broadcast it to the enemy and those allied in the AEUG. Like the helmet, he toyed with the idea of stripping the paint off of the shoulder, and his helmet. But again, this would have to wait. Being distracted by such things in the middle of combat had spelled the end of many a man under his command, and also who had served with him during the war.

Paint could wait, combat with the blue boobed feddie wannabes was what needed his attention. With a punch to the release lever, he popped the hatch to his Nemo and vaulted inside. Sliding into the seat, he began preflight checks as he waited for the rest of his team to join up in the hangar.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Heretic

Norman was already seated, dozing in his Nemo’s cockpit. He had on his standard normal suit, but over it he had a slightly warn black leather jacket. On the jacket's shoulders and above the left breast pocket there were places where the jacket was less faded, where badges from Norman’s old police days had once been. There was a bit of a story to why he was no longer a cop, and for how he came to be in the AEUG and napping in the cockpit of his Nemo, but he knew this wasn’t the right time to tell it.

Without showing any apparent signs of waking, he reached out to flip the switch for his radio and without opening his eyes, he addressed his CO. “So I guess the parties just about to start. Eh?”
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!