Episode 11 - Apollo, Son of Zeus [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

On their way out, Mercedes and Alexandra spotted Dante entering the suit bay.

"I wonder what a commoner would think...?" mused Mercedes.

"What, about the situation Wolf and Cmdr. Stukov were talking about?" asked Alexandra, "I don't see why it would matter."

"Oh, it doesn't," shrugged Mercedes, "But it's not like there's much to do on this ship." - A line she'd repeated one too many times since her assignment.

A smirk spread across Alexandra's lips. "True. And Ltjg. Diotrephes always proves to be amusing, even if it's by no effort of his own."

The two approached Dante from the side and called out simultaneously, in sweet singsong, "Hey, Dante!"

-

Wolf was just as deliberate as Nick about ignoring the other man. Nick had his own little team now, and that meant he was no longer Wolf's responsibility. Wolf didn't have to acknowledge his presence. That suited Wolf just fine. Suited him perfectly, actually.

Nick's passing glare washed over Wolf like water over a stone. As far as Wolf was concerned, Nick was a nonentity from now on. He had better to things to care about, like his two immediate subordinates, among other matters.

He thought briefly about what he'd discussed with Stukov. Federal training programs were still old-fashioned; they'd served well enough back when mobile suits were brand-new, and the Federation wasn't entirely sure of all the details concerning how best to use them. That was clear enough in how raw rookies these days fought. Oh sure, a greenhorn would be at a disadvantage against a hardened veteran no matter how the training was. The way those rookies - the ones who'd died by the carload in the orbital battles - fought made it clear some serious thought should be put toward revamping pilot training anyhow.

- Leandro Alvarez's Quarters -

Leandro was startled out of his wallowing by a rough command from outside to open the door immediately. He dimly recognized the voice as the one from the man who always offered snide comments during briefings: Nick Te'litha.

Nick wasn't leader of Leandro's suit team, but he had a superior rank nonetheless. "I'm coming," responded Leandro, throwing his tunic on. He zipped it up halfway, leaving his undershirt exposed. That, however, wasn't exactly unusual of him. He opened the door to the slightly taller Lieutenant and sketched a salute.

"Yes, sir?"
Last edited by Cardi Doorl on Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Gambit01

Nick looked up and down, growing more and more disgusted by what he saw.

"Unshaven, sloppy salute, and I'm more then willing to bet if I turn on that television set, I'd find the news."

Without asking, he stormed in and switched the tely on, rewarded with the news coverage of the terrorist attack.

Switching it off, Nick crossed his arms and pointedly ignored the rather unstately order of the room.

"When was the last time you've eaten, Lt?"
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Cybaster

Walking towards the Kirov in general from the Gryps Colony's space docks, Gilliarme Lasalle was --- as he had been for much of his time in space --- in a bland humor. He hadn't liked Operation Apollo one bit the moment he walked out of briefing.

Thinking about Operation Apollo, Gilliarme surmised that giving Paptimus Scirocco the Dogosse Gier was the far lesser of many evils; He already had an idea of how much of Operation Apollo was going to go with Jamaican Daningan at the wheel. It was a surprise the man was even in the position he was within the Titans; Jamaican was a dreamer, not a commander, and he had a startling inability to adapt to anything beyond pre-planning --- Gilliarme thought worse. Jamaican was, he could might as well say, single-handedly responsible for the bottom-rung reputation the Titans had gained since 0085 by trying to adjust his tactics always in the worst, most overzealous ways possible.

30 Bunch was the start of it. Jamaican Daningan was Gilliarme Lasalle's CO then.

And if Bask Om and Jamitov Haiman weren't personally backing him to begin with, Gilliarme would've had Jamaican shot for ordering the colony gassing, and although he'd hate himself for it, Gilliarme wouldn't have had hesitated to use the Lasalle Foundation's pull on the Earth Federation to get Jamaican executed, either. Jamaican's orders had convinced Gilliarme Lasalle that Titans and space generally don't mix well; Instead of trying to do something that would've turned up no result and harm his father and uncle's company in turn, Gilliarme chose instead to have himself transferred to Earth for two years to distance himself as far away from Jamaican Daningan as possible.

Those two years on Earth had convinced Gilliarme that the Titans were not yet completely beyond redemption. Unlike most Titans assigned to space where they constantly faced 'opposition' in the colonies, most Titans on Earth were far easily tolerated. Without the need to project the image of menacing enforcer constantly, Titans on Earth, although most rookies were lacking in terms of experience, were well-behaved, orderly, respectful, and actually mindful of the civilians which they served, nothing like most of the space-based Titans.

Then he got reassigned back into space, and Gilliarme knew nothing good would come of it.

And as Gilliarme finally made his way onto the Kirov's Mobile Suit bay to the sounds of Mercedes and Alexandra beginning to 'flirt' with Dante Diotrephes, Gilliarme rolled his eyes and frowned very, very notably while passing by the three. This was, apparently, how Mercedes and Alexandra had chosen to deal with the prospects of the mission, and tormenting Dante by teasing him seemed to have become their only sport. Which, of course, confounded Gilliarme to no end; It wasn't that Dante was particularly dashing or even charming to women. What made him targeted by both Ritter women?

Gilliarme supposed he'll never find out and as long as it didn't get in the way of the pilots' safety, he shouldn't care much about it. Dante, Mercedes and Alexandra could resolve this between themselves. With another look at the lined-up Marasais and Hizacks on the Kirov (half to see if his own wingmen were anywhere nearby), Gilliarme continued walking and glanced to see where Samantha and Shin were.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Bezerker

Dante stared at his suit and was about to leave when he heard two female voices come up from beside him, cooing "Hey, Dante!"

"Hello ladies, what are you all up too?" He said in a happy tone. Dante was bored anyway so any human contact was better then being lazy all over the ship.
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
wonton bob

-Hades-
-Pilot Lounge -

Waiting for the rest of his squad to show, Jason is seated on a couch with a can of soda in hand. Having been transferred to Gryps and waiting weeks for an assignment that finally arrived, Task force Echo.
Jason had a feeling something huge was about to happen and he would be a part of it. It was obvious from the amount of replacement pilots sent with him to Gryps. Jason detests stepping onto a colony, but dislikes waiting even more.

"Lets get on with it." Jason grumbled as he tossed the crushed soda can.
Last edited by wonton bob on Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
ORegan

Hades-Dock/hanger

A small transport ship delivered it's cargo to the ship Hades. It's cargo was a big smarter then an ox, and as strong as one. It was a young man who just joined the Titans. He sat in his seat waiting to get his orders from his new commander. when they docked he leaped out of his chair and walked into the hanger. it was enormous. This was his 1dt time on a battleship and it overwhelmed his simple mind. all he could do was stand there in the middle of the room.

"Awwee lookie at how big this place is" He saw Hizacks in the Hanger getting maintenance. He wanted to pilot one really badly. they looked prettier then the GM's he used in training.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
RGM-79 GM

Shin walks into the hanger and looks around for his new MS when he sees it he heads over to it and gets into teh cockpit to check over all it's systems to make sure it is ready to launch right away if it is needed and yet again he fails to notice Gilliarme while he is there.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Cardi Doorl

- Mobile Suit Bay -

The two women came to a stop several feet in front of Dante as he responded to their greeting.

"Well," replied Mercedes, tugging at the end of her left glove, "Wolf and Lt. Stukov were talking, you see, and we wondered what you might think. All the rookies who fought in the orbital fights... why do you suppose pretty much all of them died? Where did they go wrong?"

Of course, Mercedes and Alexandra had their own opinions regarding why they all died, one that was different from what Wolf and Stukov had discussed. That was irrelevant.

Leandro started the reach his hand up to scratch the back of his head, but stopped himself when his hand had only traveled a few inches.

"Last time I ate was, uh," - he genuinely struggled to remember, "I think six hours ago, sir. Why?"

- Exercise Room -

Staying fit in a zero-G environment requires work. That was one reason Samantha was in the workout room hitting those weights. Another reason was that a good workout was a good way not to get involved with anyone else. One could get lost in the rhythm of the reps.

Samantha thought of that pilot from the taskforce that'd been killed by a terrorist bombing during leave on Gryps. It didn't really affect her directly; she'd never really met the guy to any significant degree. She knew Leandro must've been hit hard though. She didn't feel particularly bad for Leandro. He was simply learning one of the lessons all longtime warriors had to learn.

She remembered, then, the person who taught her that very same lesson all those years ago; that poor bastard Gordon Yi.

Considering that, Samantha found she'd rather get lost in the rhythm again.
Last edited by Cardi Doorl on Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bezerker

Dante scratched his head. "I think personally that there CO's demanded too much out of them to start off, I know I felt like that the first mission I had with the Titans, but that isn't a very good excuse, I just think that they lost their focus and had there minds drift away from the battles, I also think that some of the pilots had an attitude like Nick's, I mean Nick can have that attitude because hes experienced and knows how things work on the battlefield, but when a rookie thinks he can take on the world, he quickly finds out that hes not "The Nightmare of Soloman" or "The Crimson Lightning" not everyone can become an Amuro or a Char just by saying there a mobile suit pilot" Dante said as he took his glasses off and put them in his pocket.
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
Cardi Doorl

OOC: The way you described your location, wonton bob, made me think more of a lounge than a mess hall... mind if I change the location description here, then?

IC:
- Salamis Kai-class Hades -
Pilot Lounge -

A man in a pilot's uniform bearing the rank tabs of a full Lieutenant strode in. He was a fair-skinned six-foot-two-er with a tall black pompadour, and with his mouth in a permanent knowing smirk. He was none other than the leader of Hades Team, Lt. Picard "M-Hover" Kamek.

He spotted Jason Drossel, which was perfect - he was hoping he'd run into one of his new charges by coming in here. With natural smoothness, Picard slid into the other end of the and snappily pointed a finger at Jason, shaping his hand like a gun to do so.

"So, you must be Ens. Miller, I presume," he drawled, his presumption dead wrong.

- Salamis Kai-class Herakles -
- Main Bridge -

Lieutenant Commander Isaac Berg, Jr., was a thin and wiry man, his face narrow and his chin pointed (though the pointedness was hidden to a significant degree by patch of black hair that grew there.

He checked the time. "Go ahead and lower alert status," he ordered soberly, "It's the Ipswich's turn to go on patrol. Helm, you're in command while I go down to the suit bay."

'Yessirs' came from various bridge crew as Berg departed.

- Mobile Suit Bay -

Berg entered and saw the pilots as they disembarked their Hizacks. He waved for them to gather around him.
Last edited by Cardi Doorl on Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agent Fisher

-Mobile Suit Bay-

Brown punched in a command on the console and then headed over to Lt. Cmdr. Berg. He saluted Berg and waited for him to speak first. He looked to his right and watched the rest of his team assemble. His XO was fine, and Pendragon was probably going to work out alright, but he had a feeling he would be writing to Lepak's next of kin real soon.
Franz Liebkind: I was never a member of the Nazi Party! I only followed orders. I had nothing to do with the war! I didn't even know there was a war on. We lived in the back...
Gambit01

"You....think? Take a good look at yourself in a mirror Lt, and tell me how much thinking you've really been doing."

Nick was only seconds away from physically assaulting the other man. His self-restraint came more from the fact that he doubted it would accomplish anything here just yet then any pity he might have had.

Right now, what would help would be to get Leandro to remove all that grief, and the only way that would happen was a sudden break down.....

...or a violent reaction. A violent reaction he prepared himself for as chose his next words.

"Erebus Jones is dead, Leandro. Six feet under, pushing up daisies, shuffled off this mortal coil. And not only that, he died a sudden, painful death. A death in a place he felt relatively safe and secure. I don't care if you want to slowly kill yourself just so you can have a beer with him in heaven, but I won't let you get the rest of this team killed just because you are taking a soldier's death like a little b*tch."
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
ORegan

Patrick looked at the mobile suits. he didn't know what they were called, but they were very shiny and pretty. they looked like the Zakies he saw on TV after the OYW. they had one eye, like a pirate. he let out a little "ARRG" to himself and laughed. he went up to a tech and pointed to the hizack.

"Whats the name of the Pirate suit?"

The tech looked confused until he saw what he was looking at.

Tech: Thats a HiZack, if you're a pilot, you get one of them

Patrick waved to the green mobile suit and yelled out "Hi Zack, I'm Patrick."

the tech rolled his eyes.

"Can i have one named Billy?" Patrick was dead serious, he wanted a HiBilly, and not a HiZack
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
wonton bob

OCC: sure no prob, I changed it as well. too bad there's no map to follow.

- Salamis Kai-class Hades -
Pilot Lounge -

A man in a pilot's uniform bearing the rank tabs of a full Lieutenant strode in. He was a fair-skinned six-foot-two-er with a tall black pompadour, and with his mouth in a permanent knowing smirk.

Jason sat up slightly. Formalities are not his strong suit, but this officer seems to be laid back. Jason has seen officers who don't deserve their rank. Especially during his stint with the EFSF. I hope he's not the kind that thinks a clean shirt will win a battle.

He spotted Jason Drossel, with natural smoothness, Picard slid into the other end and snappily pointed a finger at Jason, shaping his hand like a gun to do so. "So, you must be Ens. Miller, I presume," he drawled, his presumption dead wrong.

His accent, I wonder where he's from?

Jason with a small grin lifts both his hands up, as if being robbed. Jokingly he responds in a heavy southern accent "Sorry suh, I do believe you have me confused with another fine gentleman."

Jason stands and salutes. I'll give him the benefit of a doubt. After all he is a Titan.

Drops the accent. "Ens. Jason Drossel at your service."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Psyden

Constantine pushes off from where he was standing and glides over the deck before setting down a few feet away from Lt.Cmdr. Berg. Sure, his movements may not have been as graceful as a Spacenoid’s, but they aren’t as clumsy as what one would expect from an ‘Earth-born Elite’ who has sent as little time in space (let alone 0g) as Esn. Pendragon has.

As he comes to a stop, he renders a parade-ground salute with a quick, professional “Sir!”

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
ORegan

Patrick was caught up in so much excitement over the HiBilly that he forgot he was to report to the person in charge. the technician asked him if he gave his papers to someone, which jogged his memory.

"Ummmm, nooo, do you know where i go to find them? they need to see my folder?"

tech: Try the pilots lounge

"oh ok" He starts to the door and then stops in his tracks. "ummmm.....excuse me Mr. Technician sir, where it the pilot lounge?"

The tech gave him the general directions and off he went. due to the loss of gravity as opposed to earth, he didn't brake in time and hit his shoulder into a wall. He made his way to the Pilot's lounge, asking for the directions from everyone he met along the way.

when he came into the lounge, two people were already talking, and he stayed silent to let them finish talking.
Cardi Doorl

OOC: RP for my Kirov guys coming soon...

IC:
- Salamis Kai-class Hades
- Pilot Lounge -

"Yeah, I knew you were Drossel," Picard lied, putting the tips of his fingers to his forehead melodramatically, "Well kid, I'm your commander, Picard Kamek. You've got saluting me down cold, which is a start. Soon enough you'll learn how to say 'sir'."

At that point he noticed the big guy who'd entered the room.

"Hey, you!" he shouted, "You're Ens. Miller, aren't you?"

- Mobile Suit Bay -

Berg nodded to the pilots and said, "At ease, gentlemen."

"Listen up, all of you," he continued, "Operation Apollo will be our first real combat action together. For some of you, it'll be your first real combat action at all. Lt. Brown, I trust your experience in leading the rookie pilots out there, but that's beside the point. The point is, the importance of this operation cannot be understated. Von Braun City is a vital harbor to the AEUG, and without it they will have no place to hide from justice. Because of that, they will defend it with everything they have, and with all their ferocity. I want none of you - none of you - to do anything stupid out there, because it reflects not on you but on this ship, on the taskforce, and on me. I doubt I have to worry about Brown and McMullen in this department, considering their experience, but if I think you rookies are underestimating the enemy at any point, then, presuming you don't get killed for your folly, I'll see to it you catch some sort of punishment. I want to prove that we can be the premiere mobile suit team in Echo, no matter how hyped-up the Kirov's complement is, or how much hubbub there is about a famous ace pilot on the Buxoro. Do I make myself clear?"

Cardi Doorl

- Mobile Suit Bay -

Mercedes' eyebrow twitched imperceptably. Ironically, she'd thought herself invincible, too, when she went out to fight for her first time. It wasn't until her ordeal on Earth that she got the idea she was very much a mortal.

She survived, though. Wolf and Stukov thought it had something to do with their proximity to hardened veterans, but she was still silently convinced it had something to do with the other rookies having been peons.

Considering that, Mercedes decided to change the subject. "I don't see why they'd want to be 'The Nightmare of Solomon' or the Red Comet or any other Zeon ace. They're all dead now, and the world's a better place because of it. The world's a better place with every Zabi-lover that dies, in fact. Isn't that true, Alexi?"

"Did you expect me to contradict you there?" - Alexandra rose an eyebrow conspiratorially - "If you ask me, anybody who looks up to any Zeon - like, say, the Blue Giant - even remotely should be corrected. Severely."

Problem was, Leandro knew Nick was right. He knew it, but couldn't bring himself to come to terms with it.

"It's not just how he died," he mumbled, "It's just... like somehow everything about this war feels so different now, and I don't know how to say it." Leandro was no more eloquent than Erebus had ever been, and thus couldn't put it into words.

He felt the difference, clear and true. Before Erebus' death, being a soldier had been, to Leandro, a way of honoring the family and being a better person. Erebus' death made it... personal. He knew and understood that with war came death, but this was somehow different in a way he didn't yet understand.

In any case, he had to deal with the present. Nick was telling him the unfortunately truth, even if it was in a harsh manner. Perhaps Leandro needed someone to be harsh at a time like this. After his initial mumblings, Leandro buried his head in his hands and cried out, "I just don't know, sir! Why the hell does it feel so different now? It's like I'm not even fighting the same war I was fighting two days ago!"

Gambit01

Nick was somewhat taken aback; he fully expected Leandro to take a swing at him, not break down right in front of him. It made for a very awkward and somewhat embarassing moment. Nick was glad Leandro's eyes were off of him, because he would have seen a slightly confused Nick squirm a bit.

It was only after Leandro's words hit Nick that Te'litha realized how much deeper Leandro's problem was then 'merely' loosing a friend.

"They made it personal," Nick said quietly, his voice telling more of his own personal losses then he would have conciously, "They took something precious from you, right out from under your nose, in a place you never thought you had to be on guard for. They took something that you would, under the right circumstances, burn the world again and again just for a chance of getting it all back. In return, all they gave you was the knowledge that you will never get that chance to get it back no matter what you do.

"Your soul is literally screaming for retribution, torn between ripping them to shreds for daring to take something from you...and slowly eating you alive for being to weak to keep them from taking it in the first place. Your brain keeps telling you that there was nothing you could have done, but neither your heart or your soul will listen."

Nick looked back at Leandro, the wheels in his head turning.

He's emotionally vulnerable; manipulating him would be like child's play. It would take a while, but I could easily get him to poison Wolf for me, plant a bomb in his mobile suit, even shoot him in the back. All it will have to do is take some way of convincing Leandro that Wolf was the leading factor in the bombing....

With a roar, Nick grabbed Leandro by the collar and slugged him in the face.

"You f@cking WEAK-MINDED IDIOT!!!" Nick screamed, still not realizing that his current course of action was brought about by his own self-disgust.

"Do you even realize that by falling into that trap, you're making yourself vulnerable to loosing something else?! You're in danger of loosing your humanity and becoming nothing but an Avatar of Vengeance, and this war has enough of those! Hell, one of them just killed your friend! Is that what you want to become, a puppet of whatever pi$$es you off?!

"And what happens when you meet someone smart enough to see that, and crafty enough to twist it to his or her advantage? Now you won't just be an Avatar of Vengeance and a slave to your own sorrow, but a puppet to a puppet master! Someone who will make you do and condone things that you would never consider in your worst nightmares, because through the puppet master, you'll believe that somehow, you'll magically get that 'chance'.

"I'm sure that's just what Erebus would want, Leandro," Nick sneered, "For you to use his death as an excuse for not having the will to stand on your own two feet anymore!"

He turned to storm out, stoping just outside the door and threw his head over his shoulder.

"You have thirty minutes to shower, shave, get dressed, and report to the hangar. Afterwards I'll drag your a$$ to the mess hall where one of two things will happen; you'll eat a descent meal or I will force feed the nastiest health-$hit I can find down your throat."

Never giving Leandro the chance to recover or respond, he stormed off to the hangar, his 'battle aura' fluctuating wildly, giving everyone both unfortunate enough to cross his path and sensitive to it the chills.

It would be here that Nick Te'litha would figure out just what about that situation set him off.

For the briefest of moments, Leandro Alvarez looked like Nick Te'litha had once before, only Nick was standing before a very different kind of man.

That revelation frightened Nick to his very core.

As he entered the hangar, he made to blindly pass behind Alexandra, Mercedes and Dante, only catching the bare end of their conversation.

"If you ask me, anybody who looks up to any Zeon - like, say, the Blue Giant - even remotely should be corrected. Severely."

Still somewhat bitter about not doing to Leandro what the Titans did to him, Nick Te'litha spoke up to the turned backs, his aura still dangerously perceptable.

"Dante could do worse for role models, Alexandra. You don't have to respect or even like the attitude or philosophies of a wolf to recognize or even admire its skill."

The analogy was completely unintentional, but Nick still had Wolf on the brain.

Turning to Dante, he decided to spare the moron any further humiliation.

"Dante, we have a new recruit to replac-....to fill the emtpy spot for Gamma Team. An Ensign Randal Hicks; go find him and have him run through simulator training to get a rough idea of his capabilities."
ORegan

The two were talking about something, and they both sounded like there were pirates from the south, with their drawl as if they were that rooster from that ancient cartoon. he smirked a bit while realizing one of them had tabs, meaning he was a superior officer, someone he was suppose to report to and hand in his transfer papers.

Patrick saluted instantly and stood straight up as his name was called. He also held his breath while saying "Ensign Miller, Sir" he sat there holding his breath to look more soldier like.

Patrick was dressed in the standard uniform except for the fact that a couple of buttons have either been unbuttoned or buttoned on the wrong place.