Episode 11 - Apollo, Son of Zeus [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
The Big Zabowski

And besides, there was Massilion Carde...

~Bypass the circuit breaker on the panel, should make it work even with the short. May act a little hay-wonky..but it's worth it to not rile up the damned mechanics. Bloody fools couldn't fix a damned Zeke knockoff even if their lives depended on it..~

A Bolt from the removed panel conspicuously fell from the panel itself in symphony with his comment..

~Ya know, watching you has made me wonder..maybe there's another way to rectify your situation. I'll be waiting.~

The thought/comment was brief, and would appear as such fleeting though Samantha's brain as she toiled with the electrical bay. It was up to her to take the initiative to listen, because after all...Massilion will never really be gone.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Agent Fisher

- Downtown Streets -

Looking up at the other side of the colony, Jonas Brown wasn't really paying attention to where he was going, a cigarette held in his hand. He looked back down, to the street, and spotted his destination, The Thirsty Dog.

A friend had told him about it, it was a good spot for pilots and soldiers. He had just reached the door when he ran into a kid, with a red backpack, and knocked him onto the ground. He looked down at him, extending his hand. "Hey, sorry kid."
Gambit01

Nick was unaware of Gilliarme's previous matches, though he doubted the man was coming into this match refreshed; you don't step out of the Officer's Club with a gym back and stay refreshed.

Seeing Gilliarme take a stance, Nick smirked.

"Now, I think it's not a big secret that I'm an arrogant a$$, Rear...Lieutenant. So in keeping with my character, I will give you five," Nick held up five fingers from his left hand, "free shots in which I will only defend and neither counter or attack. After the fifth, though...."

Slipping his mask on, he grabbed his sword from under his right arm, than tossed it to his right hand and assuming a ready stance. "First strike is yours, Lieutenant."
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Cybaster

Gilliarme raised an eyebrow at that; It was an unnecessary, overly disrespectful gesture.

Hence, In response to that action, and telling Nick everything about Gilliarme's stand on the matter, he merely stood his ground, lowered his rapier's point towards the ground in front of his feet, and refused to move forward any further. "I thank you for your offer, Lieutenant Te'litha, but that won't be necessary." Gilliarme replied matter-of-factly. "All I ask for is a straightforward match, so let us get to it."

Then he returned to his stance again, narrowed his eyes, and waited for Nick to give any kind of answer.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Cardi Doorl

- Downtown -
- The Thirsty Dog Bar -

Erebus had finished his mug well before Leandro was done with his. Leandro rarely drank beer; he preferred liquors. As such, he drank the beer slowly, as he was never much a fan of the drink. The sound of a noisy game of pool clacked in the back.

Erebus stood. "Today, old friend, we're both starting new lives."

"Right on," agreed Leandro, "For me, it's forget Ana. I can keep on living without her ungrateful ass."

"And it's time for me to move on as well," added Erebus, "C'mon, let's not waste time. Every time we come to Gryps, we only hang around the bars. I wonder if there's anything else to see in this place."

"Now you're sounding like a movie character," laughed Leandro, "You know, the ones that're all 'Oh, I've found myself!'?"

"Well, it kinda feels like that. C'mon, let's go!"

"At least let me finish my beer. I'm not about to waste money like that."

"Alright alright. I'll wait for you outside."

Erebus stepped around some enlisted man who was hitting on a common floozy and stepped outside to wait by the entrance.

"Talk about eager..." mused Leandro.

- Downtown Streets -

Gedley was so close to his destination he could smell it. Adrenalin coursed through him, boosting his anxiety to no end. He was in a cold sweat by the time he bumped into a man and was knocked to the ground.

His pulse exploded as his pupils shrank. He felt like he'd have a panic attack right there. The man wore a jacket that seemed like military-esque, but certainly wasn't a uniform of either the Titans or the Federal regulars. Gedley was hardly in a reasonable mindset, though, and in his mixed-up brain...

Gedley rolled away from the held out hand and dashed down the sidewalk. A tipsy military truck driver standing outside the bar who noticed the little exchange chuckled and remarked, "Kids around these parts are crazy."

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

Samantha's ears perked up.

"Who's there?" she called out authoritatively. It was clear there was nobody directing their attention to her anymore, though.

It was odd, though; when that mechanic had been trying to talk to her just moments earlier, his voice had had no impact on her concentration. This voice, however, had drawn in her consciousness so completely...

She wasn't entirely clear on what the voice had said. Something about watching her. And waiting. And rectifying a situation.

It took a moment, but she realized she'd heard a voice that sounded like that before. But how could he... ?

"What's going on here?" she said now, still taking a demanding tone, "Show yourself, now."
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Bezerker

"Bask Om huh, that was probably interesting" Dante said with some sarcasm. Bask Om gave Dante the creeps, the way he never blinked, it just made Dante nervous everytime he heard that mans name.

"In any case, we thought we might meet my brother at the Officer's Club, then see what else this metal tube has to offer. Care to accompany us, Lieutenant?" Mercedes said.

"I would glady join you two, of course if you don't mind" Dante said as he took his glasses off, exposing his piercing blue eyes.
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
Gambit01

Nick smiled behind his mask; Gilliarme had been upset. Now he'd most likely make a mistake and Nick could take advantage. Sure, it was an overly cheap trick, but as the saying went, all is fair in love and war.

And it gets his mind off of his own problems and directed at you, cut in an angelic voice, Though I'm not sure that getting him angry at you isn't defeating the whole purpose.

Quiet Bella; Daddy's working.

Laughing, the voice retreated into the back of his mind. Turning back to his opponent, he gave a salute before bringing his sword down.

He stepped back with his right foot bringing the sword handle up and resting the blade along his left arm. It was a rather unorthodox stance, but one that had served Nick well in non-sanctioned competitions.

"Sudden Death, or first to score three points?"
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Cybaster

"We might be a little pressed for time," Gilliarme answered; A single breath and blink was all he needed to center and calm himself again, and seeing Nick's unorthodox stance, he couldn't help but give Nick credit. It was a stance that allowed Nick to stab almost immediately while having to move his sword as little as possible, while requiring Gilliarme to swing to parry.

He decided to enter a more standard stance to counter, standing straight, left arm lowered and his own rapier raised almost at a perpendicular angle to Nick's horizontally-placed sword. "So perhaps Sudden Death would be better, don't you think?"
The Big Zabowski

"What's going on here?" she said now, still taking a demanding tone, "Show yourself, now."

~Shh, now. Don't want to draw attention now. they'd think that ye'd be crazy..and unfit for service. And that would obviously put a dent in moving you back where you belong..if you wanted to go back.~

Samantha's view would pale slightly, as the ethereal form of Massilion appeared sitting on the railing of a scaffold nearby. Only she could see him, as it was really just a projection from her own mind.

What she delusional..was this all a dream. Massilion had heard these qualms as he watched Sam through her time here, patiently observing and at first looking to find that perfect pawn to take that Te'litha down. But then something different happened.. Te'litha grew a moral streak? Well, no need for that plan now it seemed, but then there was Samantha herself.

He couldn't help himself, couldn't make things right after his grandfather passed away. He was a shame to the family. Not for joining the Titans mind you, but for doing such things that put people like Samantha where they are now.. That last letter from his grandfather was just about that..and was what drove him over the edge.

But if he was going to spend eternity on this damned tin can..he might as well make some good of it..

~I see you've read my file..not the most glamorous of things that's for sure. Stuck up, scheming, scummy, always one to shove a scapegoat in his place.. Yeah, not much different from your commanding officer that got you bumped down a peg. But listen..I want to make things right as I said earlier. You are an honorable soul, Samantha, and you deserve better.~

With an ethereal sigh, Massilion looked to his left and right before continuing on further..

~What you need, is to leave these Titans behind. It was this same idea that left me with my final option in life. I had no way out because I had no one to assist me.. but you do..you are different.~

With that, he hopped off the railing and faded away.

~Remember, I'll be pulling for ya, best I can when ya least expect it...~
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Agent Fisher

- Downtown, in front of The Thirsty Dog -

Looking after the kid, Brown shook his head. "That was weird." He turned and walked into the bar, and took an open stool. He ordered a beer and looked at the Tv, showing a sport event.
Gambit01

"Sudden death it is then," Nick replied, but his voice was detached, more like that of an observer than anything else.

His sword is at a position where with a flick of his wrist, he can block my stab and slide his blade down mine, potentially giving him a strike.

He inched his feet foward, a battle plan formulating in his head.

I'll stab at his right shoulder; while he moves to block or counter, I'll draw back and stab at his heart with my left hand, blocking any counter stroke he may attempt, if I'm fast enough. I doubt that he caught on to the fact I'm left-handed, and it wouldn't have mattered if he did.

"Ready? En garde!!!!"

Nick stabbed forward, putting his plan into action.

((OOC: Nick being left-handed isn't random; if you look very carefully in my second-to-last [well, now third-to-last I guess] you'll see that it was planted there.))
Cybaster

Gilliarme doesn't rise to the bait.

Instead of parrying Nick's initial strike, Gilliarme suddenly lunges forward and low as Nick stabbed towards his right shoulder, taking a step forward with the right leg and a half-step with the left to prevent him from becoming flat-footed, and effectively ducked beneath Nick's thrust as his rapier stabbed past the left side of Gilliarme's head; It was a risky move, at best. If Gilliarme was off on his movements, Nick's rapier could instead find itself onto his fencing mask and through his eye, but he was so sure of his movements that Gilliarme had, at least, managed to avoid the blow completely.

In doing so, Gilliarme has (hopefully) brought himself at a close enough distance that, with the majority of Nick's rapier still above his right shoulder, Nick could no longer strike at Gilliarme properly by reeling the foil backwards towards himself. Seeing a target presented at that moment, Gilliarme flicked his own rapier down and sideways towards Nick's right armpit quickly and without the nominal amount of force (as if really to scare Nick into turtling rather than a serious blow), and then took another sharp step backwards on his other foot, leaping somewhat with the extended right one, back into a ready, prepared stance to block Nick's incoming retort.
Gambit01

If Nick's intention had been to follow through with his stab, he would have barreled right into Gilliarme's counter.

As it was, he instinctfully followed through his plan to the point of where he stepped back to switch sword-hand's, but instead of stabbing, he brought his blade into a blocking motion; had Gilliarme followed through, his blade would have been blocked, but the exchange would have most likely ended in Nick forcing to give ground or risk losing his balance.

Both men would know it, too.

Well played, jerk. Well played.

Rather then blindly charge in a rage, Nick calmly aproached Gilliarme. In order to keep up the pretense that he was right-handed, he switched back, making a slight show of fumbling with his left hand. He took a ready stance mirroring Gilliarme's their blades crossed in a classic fashion. This time, Nick would wait for Gilliarme to take the first strike.
Cardi Doorl

- Colonial Harbor -

"It would be a pleasure, Lieutenant," replied Mercedes with a coy grin, "Let's go, shall we?"

Wasting no time, Mercedes set off for the Officers' Club with Alexandra in tow, beckoning Dante to come along.

- Officers' Club -

One of the curses of an Officers' Club was the presence of hotshots who'd never seen real combat, but talked big like they were heroes. They had high ranks but low-risk positions, no doubt because they had connections to the right people. This kind of crap happened in pretty much any military.

Wolf usually listened to these idiots talk it up, then sprang in at just the right moment to humiliate them. He hated these stuck-up little bastards. Wolf had enough connections that he could've avoided service in the big war and could've had a comfortable no-risk desk job somewhere if he so wanted, just like these bastards. Wolf, however, would never dream of sinking so low. He and his brother chose to fight the Zeon threat back in the war, and they'd bled for it. Mstislav
had actually died fighting. Wolf chose to stay at the frontlines in all the years hence, when he had all the connections he needed for a safe job if he so pleased. To have these parasitic cowards pollute the ranks was a disgrace.

Wolf wasn't, however, doing that this time, not with work to do. Not only was he waiting for his fiancée and sister, but he was working on several things. Paperwork, for one. That was a curse of being in command of anything. Your XO could only take responsibility for so much of it; the CO still had to handle a good deal of it. The other writing Wolf did was of a more personal nature; letters to his sisters and family on Earth.

"... some Lieutenant with white hair and red eyes..."

It was just a snippet of conversation Wolf had overheard as he worked away. That little bit was enough to get his interest in a conversation between two clean-shaven, rich-boy, comfortable-desk-job types.

"That's what I hear, at least." finished the blond-haired one.

"Sounds boring," replied his blue-haired compatriot, "Some morons duking it out in the fencing area? Why do you always get worked up over stuff like that?"

"Because that red-eyed guy just looked so crazy, y'know?"

By this point, Wolf was no longer listening, but heading toward the wing of the club that had the fencing area. He just had to see what idiocy Nick Te'litha, the only man they could've been talking about, had gotten himself into.

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

More talk, this time more clearly. Then Mass appeared and spoke at length.

Samantha was, by that point, thoroughly convinced she'd lost it. She sat in silence as Mass faded away, left with nothing but the words he'd spoken; words she wasn't sure she understood entirely, aside from his suggestion about leaving the Titans. She gave no response, vocal or mental, as Mass disappeared.

Cardi Doorl

- Downtown, in front of The Thirsty Dog -

With a sight, Erebus looked up to the sky - or, more precisely, towards the other end of Gryps 1, but the effect was the same. The enlisted man who'd been hitting on that floozy now emerged from the bar with said floozy draped on him, like a piece of jewelry that excelled in feigning interest. The buzzed truck driver leaned against the wall, making obscene comments about everything going on around him, but nobody gave him any mind. About a dozen other men, almost all in Titan uniform, milled about in front of the bar, mostly chatting it up.

-

In a narrow alley not far from The Thirsty Dog, Gedley Shims struggled to catch his breath and recompose himself.

I'm so close... so close... Just need to focus, need to remember how important my mission is...

Straightening himself out, Gedley walked on shaky legs out of the alley, doing a poor job of looking natural about it. About a quarter of a football field's length from him were a crowd of Titan uniforms outside that bar that was so popular with those pigs.

Gedley took off his backpack and held it by the shoulder strap as he yanked a string that led into the main pocket. He'd crossed the point of no return.

This is it!

Gedley ran a short distance to build up some power, then threw the bag with all his might.

As the bag soars through the air, let's consider a certain cruel irony in all this. The little group that had instructed Gedley to do this, and supplied him with the equipment, actually had nothing to do with the AEUG, despite their claims.

The Titans outside the bar noticed the bag as it went into the downward part of its arc. One man pointed and shouted, but the others were too engrossed in their own business to pay heed.

The group Gedley met had been able to procure AEUG emblems and look-alike uniforms to convincingly pass themselves off as an actual AEUG cell. This gave them the veneer of legitimacy needed to convince angry kids like Gedley Shims to commit acts of chaos and anarchy as they pleased.

The bag landed just at the edge of the group and skidded along by their feet. It came to a stop somewhere between the man with the bar slut and Erebus.

If the real AEUG knew about this bunch of hooligans, they'd refuse to affiliate with such murderous terrorists.

A shout went out. A young teenager's voice, cracking every few syllables. "Victory to AEUG!" he screamed, "Death to the fascist pigs!"

- The Thirsty Dog -

Leandro had just finished his beer when a man walked in a occupied the stool Erebus had just vacated. Leandro gave the man a thoughtful nod and stood to leave.

What happened next occurred in a stretch of time that would best be measured in milliseconds, but felt like days to those caught in it.

Then the front doors of the bar blew in as though hit by a tornado. The force knocked anyone standing, including Leandro, to the floor. Glass shards embedded themselves into some unlucky people.

With a grunt, Leandro propped himself back up. He was covered head to toe in a grayish powder, and parts of his uniform were ripped. He was bleeding in several places, but the wounds seemed to be cosmetic.

The music in the place was gone; the jukebox had been hit by a particularly large bit of debris. Filling the silence were the groans of those wounded but alive, and the swears of the unwounded but confused. The rim of the large hole where the front entrance once was had small fires here and there along it. It took a moment for Leandro to get his bearings, but as he stood up he realized.

"Erebus!" he shouted, staggering to the former front entrance. He stumbled out into the sidewalk and, through the smoke, could tell he was already too late. Long story short, it was hard to distinguish Erebus from the others who'd been milling about in front of the bar.

Psyden

Constantine, not wanting to hang around the ship or docks, has made up his mind to go to out somewhere. The problem is that he is on Gryps, a colony filled with, what else? Spacenoids. His only salvation would be either the Officers Club or the Thirsty Dog. The former is filled with pretentious fools, most of whom coast along only by their family name. Useless parasites with no skill what so ever. The latter is mostly kept Scum-free by the large number of Titans there, but not always, and the place in general is, well let’s say it falls below what he considers is a respectable place. Pretentious fools he can live with. Part of a good officer’s job is self control, it’ll be good practice, if nothing else.

As Ensign Pendragon is on his way, no less than a minute from his destination, he hears a loud ‘BOOM,’ similar, if not identical, to the sound of an explosion. He turns and looks in the direction of the noise and sees a cloud of smoke rising into the air.

“D--- aliens are blowing themselves up again…”

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Agent Fisher

- The explosion site formely known as The Thirsty Dog. -

Jonas shook his head, and wiped blood out of his eyes. He had a gash on his forehead. He picked himself up and looked around. He noticed the bodies and wounded men lying on the ground. Jonas looked towards the hole in the wall. He shouted to the men on the ground.

"Up and moving if you aren't missing a leg. Come on, ladies, we have men down. Someone get outside and check for the bomber."
Cybaster

And make the first strike he does, as one must eventually.

So I have regained initiative. Unfortunately, keeping it would be far easier said than done, so I will not bother with pressing repeated attacks.

With rapier initially pointed almost parallel to the ground, slanted slightly downwards, Gilliarme's following thrust --- a simple forward jab of his sword arm towards Nick's abdomen --- was just that, seemingly easily parried, yet quick and close enough to present only a minimal target zone to react and follow with a second move, depending on what Nick does in retort. There were so many possibilities with that opening move; One could say there were entirely too much, and it was now Nick Te'litha's turn to decide on one.
Gambit01

Rather then simply block or dodge, Nick decided to counter attack.

He swiftly twisted his body to his right, the blade skimming past his abdomen. This caused Gilliarme's strike to briefly overextend itself, though Nick knew that advantage would be gone in a matter of seconds.

As it was, Nick was in a beautiful position to strike at Gilliarme's unguarded left....but would leave his own left vulnerable to any counter-strike Gilliarme would attempt.

Deciding to abandon any pretense of being right-handed, Nick switched sword-hands with almost laughable ease born of practice, and stabbed forward towards Gilliarme's heart, ready to bring the blade to block Gilliarme's in the event of a counter.
Cybaster

And you should not have switched hands to begin with, Lieutenant Te'litha.

Seeing Nick suddenly switch the rapier from his right hand to his left and stab at center point, Gilliarme reacted quickly, bringing his rapier in a sharper slash up at Nick's extended blade in an attempt to bat it upwards or aside. That was promptly followed by a feint towards a stab at Nick's now outstretched left shoulder, Gilliarme stepping forward once --- but caused him to instead reel his own rapier sharply in a backwards slash, along the outline of Nick's left arm, and towards the hilt of Nick's rapier in a surprise disarming attempt.