Episode 11 - Granada Vanguard [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
wonton bob

-The Gela-
-Pilot's Mess-

After annoucing himself, Bernard has already surmised that these two pilots look like they know their way around a mobile suit. Bernard's mind starts to wonder. Veterans? Old enough. At least I don't have to worry about some young rook-

"Ens. Alfred Izuruha, sirs. Welcome to the Gela"

Bernard turns to his side to see the young ensign. Was I ever this young?

“oh good, d’Artagnan has arrived. This is Athos and Porthos,” Norman said pointing to Lt. Barrique and Ens. Korbel respectively, “and I am Aramis.”

Bernard notices a metallic object pinned to Ens. Izuruha's left shoulder.
What's he doing with a Zeon rank badge? way too young... a wanna be? And what is a Porthos?
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
The Big Zabowski

It was as if on cue that the other two pilots wandered into the pilots mess, which proved more and more that to Richard, god had strange ways of screwing around with the world. What were the odds of them just showing up one after another.. It was the pilots mess, but come on..

It was then that Korbel introduced himself to Lt JG Applegate and himself, the latter Applegate showing that his placid visage was coupled with a sharp tongue when the Ensign he was looking for, that kid "Izuruha" popped up right behind Korbel, leaning against the table to get his footing before introducing himself properly as well.

"Ens. Alfred Izuruha, sirs. Welcome to the Gela"

With a smile and nod, Richard acknowledged the youngest member of the team, ans as he was about to speak himself, Applegate beat him to the punch..

“Oh good, d’Artagnan has arrived. This is Athos and Porthos,” Norman said pointing to Lt. Barrique and Ens. Korbel respectively, “and I am Aramis.”

With his smile turning into a smirk, he rolled his eyes at Norman's little cynical escapade. Something told Richard that times were truly going to be interesting on this ship..but hopefully not as eventful as his prior assignment.

"Musketeers eh? Hardly know each other and now you want to start a little brotherhood between the four of us, Norman."

With a pause and mocking disapproval, he let them dangle by a thread for a moment, before picking up the conversation once more.

"I think we can make that happen. After all, it seems that for the Gela, the former brotherhood o' pilots either perished in battle.." Richard began to make another mocking, snooty gesture as he continued."...or were just too GOOD for the Gela herself. I'm sure both were true, as is always the case with reassignments."

"But, if we're gonna be stuck bunking together on this puke green tin can, might as well make light of it."

"All for one, and one for all..as our namesakes said in the stories?"

Richard at this point punched out the fist rock to the middle of the table, inviting the other pilots to "Hit it" and join the brotherhood of..whatever the hell Richard was going to call the four of them..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Folken Fanel

Vantz followed Jonas out of the hangar, down the hall, and into the simulator room. He took a seat in one and tried to mentally prep himself for the evaluation.

"Oh crap, this thing's gonna be broadcast all over the ship? I'll never live it down. I'm just a rookie," Vantz thought. He then looked up and saw everyone in the room looking at him. "Oh, did I say that out loud?"
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Psyden

During her rovings, she coincidently finds herself passing by Celeine’s quarters and is nearly run over by the other woman as she leaves her room. Before she can much do anything, Celeine notices something is weighing heavily on the veteran’s mind and inquires to what is the matter.

“It’s…” She pauses, trying to at first put it into words, then whether or not to tell her. Will Celeine really understand? Celeste looks at the reporter.

She is a combat reporter, after all. But still…

“It‘s nothing…” She would like to leave it at that, but she can’t. She can’t because Celeine won’t let her and she can’t because her conscience won’t let her. She takes a breath and decides to get it out.

“No, it’s not nothing… I’m sure you know by now my record during the War. Not a single ship lost. But now? My first time returning to combat and I lose 3. THREE! First, Transport 2, which threw itself into the line-of-fire in order to save the Phelps. Shortly thereafter, the Phelps was sunk with all hangs! What was the transport’s sacrifice for? They died in vain and it’s all MY FAULT! Then, the second time we went up against the Titans, the same group, too, I allowed a team to slip past our line and attack the Dervish and sink the Kukum. It’s my fault they got by, I wasn’t good enough… I got tangled with those Marasai and couldn't disengage to stop Ritter and his group- and it was Wolf Ritter, I saw him and his team sneak by, the coward- and only a beam launcher could have caused that much damage… There must’ve been something I could have done, but… I failed them! I failed ALL of them! It’s all my fault…”

Thankfully, for dignity’s sake, the hallway that they are in is empty and the echoes of her voice are lost in the corridors before reaching anyone else’s ears but Celeine’s. For all intents and purposes, they are alone in the hallway.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Gambit01

Celeine calmly waited for Celeste to finish; this was hardly the first story she heard of this sort, and she was more then a little sick of them.

"Finished?" she asked when Celeste reached the end of her rant. Without waiting for an answer, she reared back her hand and slapped Celeine across the face.

SMACK!!!

"Frankly, I don't know what pisses me off more; the fact that you of all people would try and determine whether or not 'sacrifices' meant something, or that you try and pass yourself off as some kind of all-mighty god!! How dare you suggest that the Phelps and 'Transport 2' died for nothing!? Their mission was to see to it that the main fleet made rendezvous with the Karaba, which is what happened. As for letting Wolf Ritter and his fleet by, you told me that both times you were engaged with Nick-who you've admitted is more or less your equal- or you went up against mobile suits significantly more advanced then your own, and out-numbered to boot. How can you possibly be held acountable when you are facing someone you can not kill or be killed by?

Or maybe, it's not because people died at all! Maybe, it's because this will be a black mark on your precious pride! Now the White Angel's spotless record is marred with a grandious three ships! The horror; three whole ships! No one has ever in the history of war lost that many!" Celeine's voice took a mocking tone as she drove her point home.

"Never mind that it could have been due overwhelming forces, under-equipped or incompetent allies, or just FUBAR; the White Angel was there, so it must be her fault!"

Somewhat breathless, Celeine ended by pulling the other woman into an embrace.

"You idiot," she whispered in her ear, "You're not the only pilot here; you don't have to do everything, and you can't anyway, so don't even try. You're not a god, you're not even a newtype; you're just an incredibly skilled woman who's doing the best she can. So long as you always try your best, that should be enough. Just like me; I'm trying with everything I got to save Nick from himself. If I fail, I'll be sad, but I'll know that I did everything I possibly could to do so. So long as you can say that, you have nothing to be ashamed of."

Perhaps the lantent, motherly instinct that all women possess kicked in as Celeine began to stroke Celeste's hair.

"A certain, brash young man once told me, 'Do the things you can, shed tears for the things you can't, and move on with your life.' Perhaps you should take his advice....and help me remind him of it."

Celeine wrapped her arms tighter around Celeste, determined to not let her go until she had suitably calmed down.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
wonton bob

-The Gela-
-Pilot’s Mess-

Bernard is still wondering about the rank badge when Lt. Rich Barrique starts to speak.

"Musketeers eh? Hardly know each other and now you want to start a little brotherhood between the four of us, Norman...

Memories of home flooded Bernard's head as he had already made a similar pact with his own brothers. A pact to protect each other and stay together. A pact he would be unable to keep when he entered the military.

"All for one, and one for all..as our namesakes said in the stories?"

Richard at this point punched out the fist rock to the middle of the table, inviting the other pilots to "Hit it"

Bernard steps up placing his fist. "So be it. I pledge my loyalty to this squad and will do everything in my power to keep you and this ship safe."
Heretic

Norman swung his feet down from the table and straightened his chair so he could lean forward. In the AEUG, it wasn’t all that different from Norman’s days as a cop before Stardust fell. It wasn’t quite the same as being in the EFF, there was a greater sense of meaning here. Be it enforcing he law or rising up to fight against a corrupt government, it was all the same. In the end, Norman’s job was the same, to stand between the innocent and those who would do them harm.

Norman placed his fist, “loyalty comes with the job description. Thick or thin, come hell or high water, No Regrets.” Norman cast a gaze at the two Ensigns. “But don’t think that means I’m going to be soft on either of you two.”
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
The Big Zabowski

Bernard was first with his "oath of loyalty" to the Gela's wellbeing. His response with the fist was swift, meeting Richard's at the middle in relatively short succession.

"So be it. I pledge my loyalty to this squad and will do everything in my power to keep you and this ship safe."

Richard nodded, adding as such:

"No need to be so somber about it, Bernie. We're not on some holy crusade to end the reign o' those blue boobs out there in their musai knockoffs. We're here to do what's right. And to have a bit of fun while doing it. Lighten up, man."

As if on cue, Norman added his own interjection as richard finished.

"Loyalty comes with the job description. Thick or thin, come hell or high water, No Regrets.”

“But don’t think that means I’m going to be soft on either of you two.”

With that last comment, Richard smiled internally, seeing a bit of his African front collegues in this Applegate fellow. Now, he knew that this was going to shape up to be one tight group of friends, allies..and brothers as it was being seen, who would go to hell and back to protect the Gela, and the fleet in which she threw her lot.

I believe I've found my XO..

With a grin, Richard added another comment to the whole somber mood, in an attempt to lighten it up even more. If there was one thing, it was that he hated people that either took their job too seriously, or did it overzealously...

"Hmm, I think the AEUG is being mistaken for the 'Holy AYOOG nasties and bastards group'... Now, if we WERE, hypothetically, on some kind of 'Holy crusade of Anti-Tittie salvation', what're we going to call ourselves?"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Psyden

Celeine seems to listen to what Celeste has to say, which is to expected, Celeine is generally a cool and collected woman.

Yes, she’ll understand.

“Finished?”

SMACK!

Now, normally, if anyone but a superior officer- and then only with good reason- hit her, it’d be on. Celeste has seen more than her fair share of brawls, be it in a bar, street, or zero G hanger, and usually with either thugs or construction works, a single reporter would be no problem, especially since they are currently in 0g, where Celeste would have the overwhelming advantage, but the thought doesn’t even cross her mind. She is shocked by the sheer unexpectedness of the blow that her mind virtually freezes up.

Why…?

In this state, she do little but numbly listen as Celeine continues on her near-tirade.

"Or maybe, it's not because people died at all! Maybe, it's because this will be a black mark on your precious pride! Now the White Angel's spotless record is marred with a grandious three ships! The horror; three whole ships! No one has ever in the history of war lost that many!" Celeine's voice took a mocking tone as she drove her point home.

"Never mind that it could have been due overwhelming forces, under-equipped or incompetent allies, or just FUBAR; the White Angel was there, so it must be her fault!"

When those words reach Celeste, they spark a memory that she had all but forgotten, a discussion she had had with Vox during the War. It had almost been a joke, but there was seriousness being his voice.

“Celeste, I think you should be careful…”

“What do you mean? I’m not exactly reckless out there you know.”

“That’s not what I mean…”

Celeste’s only response was a puzzled look.

“Don’t buy into your own alias. Don’t let people tell you who you are, because when you don’t live up to their expectations, it’ll be hard, not on them, but on you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve seen people believe so much in the hype that others have given them that they either died or destroyed themselves trying to keep up with it. I don’t want to see that happen to you.”

“Come on, Vox, you think I can’t look after myself or a handful of Columbii?”

“Against normal raids and interdictions, yes, I know you can handle them, easily. But what if they send something bigger? Or more powerful? Zeon is constantly trying to match the Gundam. It won’t be long until they start fielding their own suits with that much power. And, they already have mobile armors that are superior to anything we have but the Gundam, like the Bigro and Val Varo. What happens if they send something like that after you? What then? Or what if they just send wave after wave of Zakus? Not even the new ones, just Zaku Is? What if they send too many for you, and us, to take out? We are only 3 people, we can’t stand up against an Army. If we tried, it’d be like the Alamo or Thermopylae . Sure, we’d take a bunch out, but we’d lose in the end. So please, Celeste, be carefully.”

“Alright, Vox, I’ll be careful.”

As it turned out, she did have to have down superior forces. Though she did not technically lose a ship, the Houston and Denver were crippled by the time they reached Solomon and would not participate in Star One, even if they weren’t destroyed by the Solar Ray.

But of course, it is hard to escape from pride. She had let it consume her, and on the battlefield, control her. It is a testament to Fortune that it did not take her life.

Even before she can come to grips with what Celeine is saying, Celeste is gathered up by the slightly taller, pink-haired woman into an embrace. Sure, if Celeste wanted to, she could brake it, but like the slap, it doesn’t even cross her mind.

As Celeine starts whispering to her, it is all Celeste can do to keep from crying. And when Celeine starts stroking her hair in the same fashion her own mother used to when she was a child, the tears flowed freely from her only surviving tear duct. That battles between the 4th and Echo have indeed been fierce. Many lives have been lost on both sides. It is only true the resilience and skill of Celeste and all the other pilots of the Hamburg Team, and the 4th EscRon and that of the crews of the ships that any of them are here, alive today. But now, the 4th AdvRon, a bigger, meaner fleet, reinforced with both man and machine is on the prowl. The Titans undoubtedly have gotten reinforced as well, they always seem to do so, but they no longer have the technological advantage. It won’t be Marasai vs. Nemos. No, the pilots of the 4th EscRon will be in Rick Dias.

As she cries, she can feel the darkness going, as if carried away by the tears. Her family might still be in danger, but when she was at Amman, she sent of a message during her leave. Her family was safe. No Titans had stormed their house yet. She had also sent a message to one of her contacts, someone in astrogation. He said he’d keep an eye on Titan movements and alert her family should anything go awry.

Gambit01

"Sh, sh, sh......."

Celeine gently rocks Celeste until the sobs start to die off, looking left and right ready to shoot daggers at anyone who would dare interupt.

"No more stupid talk about how it was your fault, alright? Otherwise I'll have to slap the other cheek."

Giving Celeste a swift, chaste kiss on the forehead, she took out a handkerchief and dabbed at Celeste's eye.

Well, part one of therapy is done; told that she was being an idiot. Now part two, get her mind off it; and what better way to do that then with something ridiculously silly?

"Hmm, this won't do; I'm still hungry and have no intention of eating alone. But with that big red mark on your cheek, and an eye that was obviously crying, how will we explain this....."

Though she was looking up at the ceiling and tapping her chin thoughtfully, her tone was one of mischief and playfulness.

Without giving Celeste time to respond, Celeine flashed her friend an evil grin and darted her fingers toward Celeste's ribs, taking up that famed battle-cry that all younger sibilings learn to fear; "Coochie-coochie-goo!"
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Fritz Ashlyn

- The New Yark -
- Hangar -

Pan grinned and replied, "Actually I like your idea better! A little bit of lounging never hurt anyone!!". He stretched his arms back and continued, "I've heard mention of this Guanche... but I’ve been out of the service for a few... Eh...I'm guessing I should at least go say hello to the man, Say has the ensign met him?? I might as well drag em to the bridge with me if he hasn't..."

While Pan was talking, Sumitani cavorted back into view at Heyden’s left. “Heeey~, the ensign is new,” he trilled, switching over to some sort of halting strut. Mello nodded and said, “Yeah, the kid hasn’t really been anywhere on the ship yet. Feel free to take him up if you want,”.

- The Dervish -
- Ready Room -

Jacob gave Wes a respectful but clumsy greeting like he had done with Fritz, and listened to Fritz’ explanation with some visible disappointment. When Michiko arrived, Jacob replied to her, "Looks like the rest of the 3rd missed their invitations, too,". Fritz said, “Hey, there’s our team ace,” as he waved her over. While Michiko got something to drink, Jacob turned back to Fritz and continued their conversation, "I don't think I'd want to pilot a capsule, shuttle or tank, Sir. I get shot up enough in Mobile Suits, I doubt if I'd last very long in something so clumsy and slow... You make it sound like we're searching for a needle in a haystack. Granted, 27th is a big needle, but space is an awfully big haystack. How much chance do we really have of succeeding?"

Fritz smiled at the ‘clumsy and slow’ observation, remembering how relieved he had felt upgrading from his combat boots to the armored shell of a Type 61. If Zakus had it fairly easy against Federal armor, then infantry-on-MS combat was an outright joke. Fritz had been done with ‘takeyari’ suicide runs after the first time he was in on one; everyone hated them. Seeing guys flattened under enormous metal feet, turned to mush by a 120mm round or crushed by an errant falling shell casing was enough to discourage most Federal ground-pounders from taking on a Zaku at close range.

“I hear you,” he finally agreed, taking another drink. “Although I think ‘needle in a haystack’ is a bit of an exaggeration. We pretty much know we’ll get red flags going up if they move it into a few of the more ‘AEUG-friendly’ Sides. Not like they can slip it past the local government AND our plants. On the other hand, they could be prepping it somewhere in open space between Lagrange points or at one of their own bases,”. While Fritz talked, Michiko walked over and took the seat next to Jacob. “Even if we do find it, I’m not sure we’d do much to begin with. Sound the alarm, sit around and wait (probably for the Argama), and then throw ourselves up against whatever they’ve got guarding it. Not the greatest assignment in the world. ‘Anti Colony Drop’ operations tend to not end well, ja?”.

- The Gela -
- Pilot’s Mess -

Al listened to his superiors talk over some historical story he wasn’t familiar with, but he quickly got the gist of what they meant by the example. He laid his open hand on top of the other three pilots’ fists that hung over the table. “Count me in, all the way,” was his only enthusiastic offer.

- The Dervish -
- Hallway -

Clute Tideland had stopped dead in his tracks in a hallway near his quarters. He slumped against the wall and his hand shot up to his temple as an unfamiliar pressure filled his head again like it had once before during the escort operation. “...Celeste?” he mumbled through gritted teeth as an image of a very unhappy White Angel flashed across his consciousness. It stayed just long enough for him to recognize her and immediately empathize with her frustration and sadness. Scarcely after he processed that thought, it was replaced by another flickering image, this one of a lunar landscape, and above it hung a slowly falling jet black colony.

As quickly as it had come, the ‘attack’, whatever it was, vanished, and Clute was left confused with a fading headache. He looked around but found himself alone in the hallway.

- Bridge -

Not terribly long after his initial call, Cmdr. Rush again graced the main screen. “I made some arrangements. Your fleet is clear to move to Von Braun at your leisure. I’m not sure who will be handling you from there, but you should be contacted after you arrive,” he explained, his demeanor still shifty. Abbey wrapped the conversation up as quickly as he could for Rush’s sake, and then set about relaying orders to the rest of the 4th. It was time to relocate to Von Braun City.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Psyden

It is a good idea and all, to cheer Celeste up, but she isn’t ticklish, not on the ribs, at least. Her actual tickle-spots are classified. Only a VERY limited people know and they know what will happen if they let the secret slip. However, those in the know is neither here nor there and she skillfully grabs hold of the assailant’s arms and uses them as leverage, doing a half somersault and neatly lands on the ceiling before gliding some distances forward and turning around, wagging her right index finger.

“Sorry, Ms. Caro’d, Ms. Angelina isn’t that ticklish.”

There is a smile on her face, but still sadness in her eye. Not nearly as much as there had been, and not something that can be gotten rid of by a mere tickle attack. It will take time to heal, but the steps have been taken. That is what is important. And it is not only sadness in her eyes, but an unspoken ‘thank you.’

EZero8

--The Dervish--
--Ready Room--

Wes had snapped out of his deep thought to catch Jacob's clumsy greeting, and he nodded in acknoledgment at both Jacob and Fritz. During his little daydream, he couldnt come to any conclusions on anything the Titans could be planning.

The funny thing, however, was that Wes was said to have thought like a Titan, and those ideas could have come in handy. His aggressiveness towards Zekes inbetween the 0083 and 30 Bunch Incident was the main reason why the Titans had extended an invitation towards him in the first place. The anger and hatred had stemmed from his injuries sustained before Operation Stardust, yet he no longer has that feeling towards his former enemies.

Perhaps it was because he had learned to accept fighting alongside Zekes during his time in Karaba and less so the AEUG? Or had he become soft and aimless? Wes hated to have these questions circulating his mind.

"You've got one goal... and thats to eliminate the Titans. Worry about the other stuff later." he thought to himself as he took a sip of his drink.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Gambit01

"Bah, everyone's ticklish somewhere, even those macho men who pretend a meteor could hit them and it wouldn't hurt; I'll find you out one day, my pretty," Celeine gave an overly-forced, amused cackle, but didn't press the issue; unlike Celeste, Celeine was ticklish on the ribs-and everywhere else in fact-so she had no intention of instigating a tickle-fight.

Seeing the hidden thank-you in Celeste's eyes, Celeine answered her with a significant look of her own.

'Don't mention it; would gladly do it again.'

"Come on, let's go eat. And don't even think about it," she added as an after-thought, giving Celeste suspicious glances as she covered her ribs.
King Monkey

Jacob's awkwardness only increased as Michiko sat down right next to him. It was one thing to be around Fritz and Wes, who he knew by reputation were aces and combat veterans. They had time and experience on their sides. It was another to be around someone who had become an ace while he watched. Especially during battles where he hadn't scored a single kill. A certain sense of inferiority settled over him.

It didn't help matters any that she was his age and cute. The Ensign wasn't exactly a ladies man, after all.

"I uh...I..." he tried hard to ignore her as he continued to talk to Fritz. "I suppose I should leave that sort of thing up to you. You're the Head Intelligence Officer, right? I mean, if anyone's going to find where they took 27 to, it'll be you. I'll just wait until they tell me to launch and try to do my part then."

Shyly, he offered Michiko a peanut from the nearly empty package he was still fiddling with. It took a second for him to think to offer them to the other two men at the table as well.

"Have any attempts to stop a colony drop ever worked?" he asks, a hint of melancholy creeping into his voice. Jacob was no doubt in the minority around here, a native of Earth fighting against the Titans. He couldn't help but remember the scars on his home world caused by the massive bombs that colonies became when dropped from orbit. "It's such a cowardly act. To not even face the people you're killing, to destroy them without giving them the faintest chance of defending themselves."
Wedge14

-The New Yarki -
-The Hangar-

"Good..." Was all Pan had to say to the Lt.s. "I'll make sure the guy doesn't get lost!" He said kicking off the ground and floating towards the exit still facing Ramon and Corey.

He hit the hallway twisting around he kicked off the back wall and floated to the Pilot's lounge.

His feet hit the ground as he entered the small room.

"Let's go Thibault!! We're meeting the Captain, Look sharp Kiddo and make sure you remember the way!"

Pan kicked out of the room with Ensign Chareux in tow...the two travelled to the bridge together.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
wonton bob

-The Gela-
-Pilot's Mess-

Lt. Barrique spoke:
"No need to be so somber about it, Bernie. We're not on some holy crusade to end the reign o' those blue boobs out there in their musai knockoffs. We're here to do what's right. And to have a bit of fun while doing it. Lighten up, man."

Bernie? Crap, I thought I out grew that nickname.

As if on cue, Norman added his own interjection as richard finished.
"Loyalty comes with the job description. Thick or thin, come hell or high water, No Regrets. But don’t think that means I’m going to be soft on either of you two.”

Bernard recognizes that look. He has first seen it right after his squad was transferred to Europe and intergrated with veterans. Sure they picked on him because he was new to battle, but they taught him everything he needed to know. They were all in the same boat, depending on each other for survival. The same feeling came across here.

With a grin, Richard added.
"Hmm, I think the AEUG is being mistaken for the 'Holy AYOOG nasties and bastards group'... Now, if we WERE, hypothetically, on some kind of 'Holy crusade of Anti-Tittie salvation', what're we going to call ourselves"

Bernard's original destination was the chow hall for a meal but met up with his new mobile suit squad and quickly forgot about food, until his stomach growled. It will not be ignored.

"Umm, I'm sure we'll live up to whatever name is picked." Bernard puts a hand on his stomach. " Now if you excuse me sirs, I hear that this place has some great mystery meat. Right now that sounds great to someone who hasn't eaten for 2 days."
Heretic

“ Now if you excuse me sirs, I hear that this place has some great mystery meat. Right now that sounds great to someone who hasn't eaten for 2 days."

“Go on,” Norman said finishing his stick of Pocky, “its bad luck to die on an empty stomach.”
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
The Big Zabowski

*erroooo-kik-kik*

Bernard's stomach cut right in as Richard finished his triage on the whole "AEUG" spiel. It didn't help the man in any way either for him to grasp at it out of embarrassment, making the scene look all the more funny. At least it was something to lighten the mood off of all this talk about the AEUG and the Blue Boobies.

To make an attempt to mask the occurrence anyway, Bernard cut in.

"Now if you excuse me sirs, I hear that this place has some great mystery meat. Right now that sounds great to someone who hasn't eaten for 2 days."

With a snicker, Richard waved the junior officer off to chase after the tofu-meatloaf that the AEUG had a habit of dishing out when the BBs decided to put more restrictions on food stuffs to and from the colonies.

And in an ADD type moment, Richard's mind shot off on a short triad about hamburgers..

Speaking of meat, Bernie..I sure could go for some cheeseburgers right now.. with chips..and a Peki*...

It was then that Norman decided to make his presence known once more..aside from the munching on a choco-pocky stick in the background.

“Go on, its bad luck to die on an empty stomach.”

Now that comment tore Rich from his Hamburger daydreams in a heartbeat. It was never a good thing in his book to joke about anything associated with death. Twas never good for morale in any war, and this time was no different.

"Oy, oy..Norman. Knock it off with the death jokes.. I dunno' care about it being in good fun or not. We're stuck with and will look out for each other now. So no screwing around with that stuff..or was this whole "we're looking out for each other" just a bad cloud of ass-smoke being blown out my rear?"

"Don't get me wrong or anything.. I just don' want to jinx us tis all."

Little did Richard know that the whole hamburger thing could have had a similar effect on the youngest member of the team.. Coincidentally, the whole reason he popped into the mess hall popped into his head again as he stroked his thickening stubble..he had to ask the ensign about this ship and his former assignments..

"Anyways..Allie, I heard from Yuri that you were stationed on the Gela before they docked here in Amman. Got any juicy stories about the crew, or things we should be worried about on this boat? Gotta kill time somehow cause I don't think we're getting off this ship any time soon.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Ready Room -

"I uh...I..." Jacob attempted to continue after Michiko sat next to him. "I suppose I should leave that sort of thing up to you. You're the Head Intelligence Officer, right? I mean, if anyone's going to find where they took 27 to, it'll be you. I'll just wait until they tell me to launch and try to do my part then,”. He paused to offer Michiko a peanut. She took one and smiled a ‘thank you’ to not interrupt the conversation. Fritz just waved off the bag when Jacob offered it to him. “Have any attempts to stop a colony drop ever worked?" Jacob suddenly continued, obviously troubled by the whole concept. "It's such a cowardly act. To not even face the people you're killing, to destroy them without giving them the faintest chance of defending themselves."

Fritz tapped the container of water for a moment before looking back up to Jacob. “No, it’s never really worked... Sure, we sort of kept Iffish from hitting Jaburo at Sydney’s expense,” he replied, a little surprised at his own honesty about the situation. “I wouldn’t get too worked up about it. If we find it and can’t stop it, then we can at least wipe out a Titan escort unit and send a message, even if it seems feeble compared to a drop operation. We’re going out there to do what we can... technically we’re just charged with finding the thing for now. You can officially start to worry after we locate it,”.

- The Gela -
- Pilot’s Mess -

“No need to be somber about it, Bernie.”

“Go on, it’s bad luck to die on an empty stomach.”
“Go on, it’s bad luck to die...”
“... it’s bad luck to die ...”

Al’s hand instinctively shot up to the chest of his jacket, just between his heart and shoulder. His breathing sped up a little as his fingertips brushed against the rank tab affixed there. He slowly floated back from the table as he released his grip on the temporary perch. His eyes became almost glazed over as he remembered– "Anyways..Allie, I heard from Yuri that you were stationed on the Gela before they docked here in Amman. Got any juicy stories about the crew, or things we should be worried about on this boat? Gotta kill time somehow cause I don't think we're getting off this ship any time soon.."

Al snapped out of his memories and turned to Barrique. He suddenly looked like a very scared young man. His mouth tightened into a line for a moment before he answered with a simple, “...no. I haven’t been here that long...”. He looked down at his hands. They were shaking slightly.

~ Later that Day ~
- Von Braun City -

The ships of the 4th now occupied an industrial district near the outskirts of the city and had been told they would wait there until given the official word to begin their search. Guided there by a small civilian vessel, they hung in a line just above the lunar surface with the Dervish appropriately in front. Strangely enough, the civilian vessel turned back after it completed its mission and was halfway to the center of the city. It hailed the Dervish, and a fidgety officer requested a meeting with Capt. Abbey as it approached the formation again.

Once the small ship landed, Cmdr. Rush of all people quickly entered the bridge. Gates and Abbey sat up in surprise, not only because his presence was unexpected, but because of the worried look he brought. “Captain, I’ll make this quick. Just a few minutes ago, we got word that there is a fleet of Titan ships that appears to be headed to the moon. We think they mean to attack Von Braun based on recent intelligence. In addition to an Alexandria-class, we’re trying to confirm sightings of the Dogosse Gier,” Rush explained, fidgeting in place even as he delivered the message. Gates cursed quietly but Abbey just steepled his fingers and nodded silently.

“So our mission is scrubbed, is that it? We’re supposed to sit here and act as part of the city’s defense unit?” Fritz asked from near the bridge doorway. Rush looked over and gulped before answering, “More or less, yes. The search for 27th is on hold until we figure out what the Titans are up to. We know they’re mobilizing a large force from Gryps as well. If your fleet is absorbed into the defense unit, you’ll start receiving orders from the AEUG control group in the city. I'm not sure the Federation can assist you at this point,”. He sweated his way through a few more questions and answers before announcing, “Well, I’m going back to Granada,”. He sounded relieved as he quickly made his exit from the bridge.

Abbey finally sighed and shook his head. “I don’t like that word. ‘Absorbed’. We can kiss what little autonomy we have goodbye if they lump us in with the Von Braun unit,” he grunted. Gates crossed his arms and humphed, “We’ll see about that, captain. I didn’t finance this squadron just so they could fly to another city and join some other jerk’s fleet,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!