Episode 11 - Granada Vanguard [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
The Big Zabowski

“I told one of my men to have them ready for you. I’ll take care of it, lieutenant, and I apologize,”.

Well, good to know that I'm not the only stickler for doing things right on this ship..unlike that idiot, Bailey

Von Gyuden nodded and added, “I’m sure you can find them around here somewhere. I was told Ens. Izuruha is the only holdover from the last operation, if you’d like to get to know the ship better,”.

"Alright then, Captain. I guess that I will have to find this Ensign and "interrogate" him on the particulars of this newfound abode of ours. Hopefully I can get the lay of the land here and start making this new team work to our benefits before the fleet casts off."

And with that, Barrique gave a curt tap to the forehead in salute and made his way off of the bridge, pausing momentarily at the door.

"Oh, and Mr. Bergesel, do easy on him. Won't do these guys any good to ride them like a bad flea.. Don't want to give them a bad impression indirectly.."

With a nod to the former acting captain, Barrique made his exit. He rounded the door and clutched a gripper as it flung him down the hall toward the elevator, which he slid into and kicked to a stop at it's back wall. Inputting commands for the mess deck, he grasped the hand railing and rode out the short trip, it's cessation announced with a short electronic ping.

Kicking out of the elevator, he grasped a second gripper, this time cringing slightly as someone forgot to wipe their hand on their uniform after sneezing.. Gotta love these military ships. The sound of clacking billiard balls came from the mess as two crewman were busy at work trying to beat the other into the dirt in a heated game of pool. He paused at the doorway, hand on the railing at all times as was a habit of his in the recent weeks.

If there was one place to find that Izuruha kid, it had to be in the pilot mess..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Heretic

-The Gela-
-Pilot’s Mess-

LTJG Norman Applegate lounged with his chair tilted back to lean against the far wall and his black booted feet up on a table. Eyes closed and right foot moving to the beat of a song only heard in Norman’s head.

Over the sounds of the ongoing pool game, Norman caught the sound of a gripper and its passenger coming to a stop outside the door. The sound was very subtle, and could only be heard by those with exceptional hearing. Norman opened his left eye, arching his thin eyebrow as he did so, to see who would come through the door.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Cybaster

Towards the new arrival, Julius said nothing, and his facial expression was otherwise even and calm. It was neither condescending or comforting; Julius, seemingly, would leave the psychology to his teammates for the moment. Instead, he returned an even, prepared glance towards the Skipper and waited for Jonas to carry on.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Ascension

"Oh!" she exclaimed, blushing again, "I forgot to introduce myself... Caroline," she replied, "Ensign Caroline Tucker..."

Her voice was soft and melodious. It hinted at potential singing ability, but it was far too quiet to carry to a large audience. She paused to tuck her unruly hair back into her headband, staring wide-eyed at her new teammates all the while.

"So... ahh... Lieutenant Anderson... W-what did you want to see us about..."
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Bright Noa

"So... ahh... Lieutenant Anderson... W-what did you want to see us about..."
"I merely wanted everyone to get to know each other, and to go over a few rules of this squad."

Jonas paused for a breath.

"First rule: Respect the chain of command. However, do not let that ideal prevent you from offering any ideas, suggestions, criticism, etc. you may have about any mission. If you have second thoughts about a mission, do not be afraid to bring them up. Second rule: We are human pilots. Anyone who tells you bluntly or subtly that you are nothing more than disposable trash should not only be reported to me, but also remember that those people are mere cowards who are so obsessed with their own personal advancement that they neglect even the basic discipline to see the error of their judgment. Third rule: Teamwork. Eager to go out and fight again? Ever think that helping the maintenance crew might speed up repairs? It's true. Not only are we a team, but this whole ship runs on the teamwork of all its crew members. Fourth and final rule: Respect your mechs. They are not some toy that can be put back together with super glue. Repairs cost money, time, and resources. Remember that when you total your mech trying to show off to others.

That is all. Team dismissed!"

Jonas headed over to his Nemo to help set it up and prepare it for combat.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Psyden

Recollections will only do so much for a person. Soon, Celeste is out of her quarters, roaming the halls again. She is sure Jack is out somewhere, but he’s since gotten the point that she’d rather do without his company- and questions- and it is not like he could order her to do it. Well, technically, he can, but she’d never forgive him for it, so he has since left her alone, satisfied that LtCmdr Ashlyn has dealt with what ever had to be dealt with.

((OOC Edit: For continuity purposes))
Last edited by Psyden on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
King Monkey

Jacob isn't sure if there's more relief or trepidation flooding through him when LtCmr Ashlyn showed up at the door and made his announcement. On one hand, he was eager to prove himself in his new suit and on this new ship. On the other, he was terrified that he was still too inexperienced to be piloting one and crewed on the other.

He was lost in his thoughts and concentrating on his snack (it was nice to eat peanuts without having to get them one at a time out of a dispenser. Gravity was wonderful) so he didn't notice Fritz until the man spoke again.

Surprised, his eyes widened and before he even thought about it, he was getting to his feet. His hand was halfway up to a salute before he remembered they were in a relaxed environment and that this was a relaxed unit in any case. So, half crouched, he extended his hand to shake Fritz's.

"Ah...yes, sir. I'm Jacob Markado. My team just got transferred from the Hamburg. We're the third team now.

"You're Fritz Ashlyn. You flew the pod down to Earth and brought back the Rick Diases, right?

"Do you really think we can find 27? I mean, how could the Titans move a whole colony without anyone noticing. It doesn't make sense."
Gambit01

Celeine was getting a bit pekish, so she got up from her assigned room, stretched, and walked out the door.

Lost in thought about the fate of Ed, she almost bumbed into the only friend she had made since her rash decision.

"Oh! Sorry about that Celeste, I....something wrong?"

Celeine cast a worried look at the other woman; something was bothering her, though she didn't seem to want to discuss it.

Well, Celeine was a reporter at heart, and that meant finding facts even when they were hidden.

"Come on; I'm kinda hungry, so we'll talk while we walk, and you can tell me what's new with you," Celeine declared, grabbing onto Celeste's arm so as not to allow her to escape.
Last edited by Gambit01 on Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
The Big Zabowski

"Hmm, not here either..might as well wait it out until he shows up."

Richard shrugged his shoulders in indifference as he pushed off of the railing and into the pilot mess. For a Sally Kai, Richard had to admit that the Gela had one of the more well put together ones compared to his old haunt. The walls, unlike the old grey and mute blue of the other vessels, was a cheery peach and tan color that vaguely struck a chord with Richard as he slid into one of the chairs that circled one of the smaller tables in the room.

Somehow it reminded him of Africa...

*huffish-sigh* "Those sure were some interesting times.."

Richard slouched slightly in the chair, the low amount of gravity causing him to separate momentarily before he grasped the back of the chair and shoved himself back into the seat. He rolled his eyes at one of the many things he hated about Space vessels..

Too much floaty stuff. If god had meant for man to go into space, he'd have been born with Velcro on his arse..

Giving a slow glance around the room, he noticed another officer present in the mess. A Lieutenant Jay Gee at that..pilot maybe? Acknowledging the officer with an inverted nod, he tooted a "Sup" in his direction, seeing that the man was his subordinate and therefore able to forgo the pleasantries..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Heretic

Norman eyed the full LT more closely as he walked into the pilot’s mess.

"Sup" the LT said after taking a seat.

Norman closed his eyes again and shrugged, “Nothing much, and I prefer it that way so long as it’s feasibly possible.”
EZero8

--The Dervish--
--Ready Room--

Wes had taken a look at the ready room and finally spotted Fritz talking to a young pilot.

With nothing better to do, he decided to take up a spot next to the two, grabbing a snack as well as a drink, just in time to catch the young pilot mention something about the 27th Bunch.

Though it was a place to relax, something inside made Wes worry a bit. As lax as the AEUG fleet was at that point, he was concerned about the 27th situation. He still believed that the Titans were behind this, and they could be planning anything.

Wes took up his seat next to Fritz without noticing much, stuck in deep thought.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
The Big Zabowski

“Nothing much, and I prefer it that way so long as it’s feasibly possible.

Got a placid one here..

Richard's short blurp of a greeting was met by a similarly low key answer from the JG Lieutenant that sat nearby. Bland and slow was how this guy was shaping up to be, not the best for a pilot, if in fact he was one. Maybe he was just spent, exhausted..worn out.

Could he have been one of the others that had been a carryover from the 4th's prior engagement?

Nah, couldn't. Yurius said that the Izuruha kid was the only hold over..

Oh well.

"Well, it seems that R&R will be few and far between, 'cause from what I've been hearing the Fed's lost a colony.. But then, ya gotta ask yourself, did they loose it, or did we.."

Richard paused for a moment before standing and moving over to the Lt JG's table, plopping down across from him.

"Crap, where were my manners. Lt. Rich Barrique. MS CO and all 'round new guy. How long you been with the Gela?"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Ascension

Nathan Dombrowski shifted uncomfortably in his seat on the bridge. It was quite dull, this waiting for deployment... Suddenly an idea flashed across his mind and he snapped to his usual ramrod-straight posture. He hit the comm. This would not only break up the monotony a bit, it would also help show the new pilots how tightly he ran his ship.

"All pilots prepare for a simulator drill ASAP. I want to see you suited up and in those simulators five minutes ago. Set the simulator for two seperate teams of three Marasais a piece, supported by an Alexandria. Always prepare for a worst-case scenario. Also, set the simulator to broadcast a view of the fight to every video monitor on the ship..."
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Heretic

"Crap, where were my manners. Lt. Rich Barrique. MS CO and all 'round new guy. How long you been with the Gela?"

“LT Junior Grade Norman Applegate, pilot and your second I guess since the other two pilots are both Ensigns.” Norman exhaled, eyes still closed and unmoved from his relaxed position. Being made an MS XO was more responsibility than Norman cared for, but he’d do the job without too much complaint. It wasn’t like he wasn’t capable; otherwise he would have pointed that out to whatever officer had assigned him to the Gela. Competence is its own curse

“I just got here a few hours ago myself.” Norman pulled a box roughly the same size as a packet of cigarettes from the right upper pocket of his jacket. But it wasn’t a packet of cigarettes, but an all together different addiction. The top of the box was already open and he fished around inside with two fingers, pulling out a stick of pocky. After placing one end of the chocolate covered pretzel stick in his mouth, Norman put the box back into the pocket he had taken it from. “As for the R&R situation, I’m a strong believer in boredom being a gift from the heavens. The people who complain about having nothing to do are often the same who complain about being too busy. That’s why, when there’s nothing going on, I try to take full advantage of it.”
wonton bob

-The Gela-
-Pilot’s Mess-

After losing his way, Bernard finally finds the chow hall. Stepping inside, crew members playing pool come into view. But two officers sitting together is the first thing he notices. One of them oddly has a what looks like a chocolate cigarette. Must be the squad. Oh great, don't I look good.

Bernard walks over to the higher ranking Lieutenant wishing that he had changed his uniform after helping out in the hanger. Bernard tries to straighten out his stained covered shirt as best he could within the few steps to their table.

Standing at attention he introduces himself with a salute. "Ens. Bernard Korbel reporting, sir."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Fritz Ashlyn

- The New Yark -
- Hangar -

Pan folded his arms and responded, "Well we're gonna have to prove that we where a good afterthought,". He glanced back at Sumitani and continued, "Considering they tossed us together so quickly I would assume they plan on sending us into battle quickly... I guess we should spend less time in the lounge and more time working.”

Mello mulled that last statement over before chuckling, “I would disagree with you on that point. A little lounging never hurt anyone. At least it looks like they didn’t randomly scrape the bottom of the barrel for the crew; we’ve got some handy mechanics and a top-tier command staff if my meeting with them was any indication. Heck, I’d actually heard of Capt. Guanche before I got here,”.

- The Dervish -
- Ready Room -

Fritz shook Jacob’s hand from their awkward positioning and then leaned back into his chair. The young officer answered, "Ah...yes, sir. I'm Jacob Markado. My team just got transferred from the Hamburg. We're the third team now... You're Fritz Ashlyn. You flew the pod down to Earth and brought back the Rick Diases, right? Do you really think we can find 27? I mean, how could the Titans move a whole colony without anyone noticing. It doesn't make sense."

Fritz took a drink before he started to answer all of Markado’s questions. As he was about to speak, Curren took a seat next to him. Fritz gave him a friendly nod before turning back to Jacob. “Yeah, I’m the guy that flew the capsule down, and Wes here and I,” he said, thumbing over to Curren and back to himself,” flew the two sorry excuses for shuttles back with the Diases. Makes me wish I could go back in time to when I agreed to drive tanks and punch the guy that convinced me right in the face,”. He took another drink of water and continued, “Ever since I moved up to armor and became a driver, I’ve been driving and flying crap that smart men don’t go near. Including mobile suits, I guess.

“As for 27th... all I can really say is that we’re going out to follow up on some leads from several semi-trusted sources. Whether or not a couple of those accounts are conflicting or another came from a guy I’m 90% sure is a Titan spy, I of course can’t say. But we get to float out there and poke around since we’re ‘not busy’ currently.”

Near the end of Fritz’ explanation, Michiko entered the room. She looked around at all the activity and laughed, “Somebody forgot to mail my invitation...”.

- The Gela -
- Pilot’s Mess -

Seconds after Ens. Korbel entered the mess, Al floated in looking a tiny bit confused and frightened as he always did. He spotted the trio of pilots and stopped himself against the table. “Ens. Alfred Izuruha, sirs. Welcome to the Gela,” he announced, saluting properly from years of imitation.

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

Abbey waited patiently as Jane worked to put a visual of the new caller up on the main screen. He also patiently tried to ignore Gates’ ubiquitous half annoyed/half bored stare that speared him from the seat to his left. Their benefactor sat with his head resting on his palm, his free hand’s fingers tapping an off-beat cadence on his chair’s armrest as he waited. Finally, the silence was broken as a man in an unremarkable Federal uniform appeared on the big screen. “Capt. Abbey? This is Cmdr. Rush. I just wanted to inform you that it appears your staging area for the Bunch investigation is going to be Von Braun,”. Abbey nodded and replied, “Thank you, commander. Any word on when we’re cleared to leave? Or anything else, for that matter?”. Rush looked off-screen for a moment, either reading something on his desk or looking to someone for an answer. He cleared his throat and answered, “I’m sorry, but no. Please hold position,”.

The connection was closed, and Abbey sank into his seat and shook his head in frustration. Gates chuckled quietly and commented, “He was actual Federation, you know. Even if he had information for you, it wouldn’t do to have a connection to an AEUG ship open for that long. You’re lucky he was brave or dumb enough to call in the first place. Nice to know we’ve got Feddie support on the moon, at least,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Heretic

- The Gela -
- Pilot’s Mess -

Norman opened one eye to casually inspect the newcomer as he continued nibbling slowly on his stick of pocky. As he was doing this, Ens. Alfred Izuruha bustled in. Upon seeing Izuruha’s energetic salute, Norman commented dryly, “oh good, d’Artagnan has arrived. This is Athos and Porthos,” Norman said pointing to Lt. Barrique and Ens. Korbel respectively, “and I am Aramis.”
Wedge14

-The New Yark-
-The Hangar-

Pan grinned. "Actually I like your idea better! A little bit of lounging never hurt anyone!!" He echoed back stretching his arms.

"I've heard mention of this Gaunche...but i've been out of the service for a few..." Pan couldn't help but glance to the right as his mind started to wander.

"Eh...I'm guessing I should atleast go say hello to the man, Say has the ensign met him?? I might aswell drag em to the bridge with me if he hasn't..."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Bright Noa

Jonas heard the broadcast over the comms. He went over to his squad, still gathered in the hangar.

"Well, lets head over to the sims. Follow me and get ready. The Captain's probably going to some kind of evaluation or something with this.....or just kill some time."

Jonas lead his team to the simulator room down the hall outside the hangar.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
King Monkey

Again, Markado half rose, almost saluting Curren as the other man took his seat. He listens to Ashlyn's explanation with an ever growing frown. It's not an unusual look for him, but it makes him look older than he is.

Michiko entered before he could respond and there was finally someone else in the room that he didn't feel he needed to salute. It was clear from his confused expression he wasn't sure what reaction to have towards her. The last time he'd seen the woman, she was the catalyst of a rather explosive outburst by his fellow teammates. But, she was a good pilot and had far more kills than he did, so he had to respect her.

He looked around the room. "Looks like the rest of the 3rd missed their invitations, too," he said as he realized he was the only representative of his squad.

His attention returns to Fritz. "I don't think I'd want to pilot a capsule, shuttle or tank, Sir. I get shot up enough in Mobile Suits, I doubt if I'd last very long in something so clumsy and slow.

"You make it sound like we're searching for a needle in a haystack. Granted, 27th is a big needle, but space is an awfully big haystack. How much chance do we really have of succeeding?"