Episode 22 - Conspire [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 22 - Conspire [TE]

~January 21, Universal Century 0088~
~13:08 Coordinated Universal Time~

- Open Space -

- The Kirov -
- Bridge -

"Course correction complete, sir. New ETA, 0100 hours on the 25th," Mortimer grunted, returning to his normal duty as the ship's heading changed slightly. The new travel data had been handed over during Capt. Friday's visit to the ship, and would have Taskforce Echo end up at Gryps closer to the Jupitris than the rest of the normal Titans fleet. After dealing with all of the sudden reassignments and an outburst of violence or two, Capt. Trent finally got the change to prepare a mostly false and very overdue report to send to the Dogosse Gier. Trent felt like the was walking on eggshells ever since he had all but signed on to assist whatever it was Paptimus Scirocco had planned to shift control of the Titans. With Tariq Sayed still around, albeit very confused and busy, he had to be careful about everything he said and did.

"Are we ready to send over the report and request forms?" Trent asked Fyodor, who nodded and turned slightly in his seat to look at the captain. "Yes, sir. But I wouldn't expect a response until we're at Gryps. They're processing information and supply orders for everyone that evacuated with the flagship," he shrugged. Trent blew out a breath and ordered, "Send it then. The sooner they get it the sooner we'll get added to the queue,". And the sooner he'd find out how thorough Black Friday was. If one part of the replaced documentation or falsified information didn't match up, the Titans high command would be all over it. Keeping Tariq occupied was proving hard enough, especially now that it was over 24 hours since he had last seen the prisoner.

Fyodor cleared his throat and announced, "Sir, the fleet has confirmed receipt of the taskforce's combat data, after action reports and all other supply and transfer requests,". Trent nervously drummed his fingers on the arms of his chair and responded, "Good. Any estimate on reinforcement or transfer of personnel?". Fyodor shook his head and answered, "No, sir. But it looks like we were inserted near the top of the priority list. I'm not sure why,". That had to be another of Friday's tricks. Regardless, they had sent the info to the flagship without it being flagged as suspicious, even if it was late. With that done, all he could do was wait.

- Sick Bay -

"No, you don't understand," Rhys growled, starting to lose his patience, "I said all of them,". The nurse he had cornered at their station near the entrance to sick bay frowned and moved away from him, not comfortable with the tone of his voice or the look in his eye. The weapon slung on his shoulder didn't help either. "Most of these men are too injured to return to duty. I don't understand, corporal, why they're all being transferred on such short notice," she said, shaking her head. What one of the soldiers assigned to the ship had to do with transfer notices she didn't understand either, but she decided not to get him any more agitated.

"I should..." Rhys grunted, cutting his thought short. "...teach you a lesson," his mind finished as he glanced down at the nurse's chest. Getting himself in more trouble at this point wouldn't help anyone, but a mouthy girl wasn't helping his temper. "Just keep them all here. You can manage that, can't you? Not one of them leaves sick bay until they're shipped out," he demanded. Capt. Friday had lucked into one thing, at least, when they found out the vast majority of people that had come into direct contact with that prisoner were stuck recovering in sick bay. They had written up orders to have them all removed from the Kirov as soon as possible.

The nurse moved away from CPL Azarola again and nodded, "Fine. But you need to leave,". Rhys handed over a few papers and then made his way back towards the exit. "Don't make me have to come back down here," he muttered, looking her over again as he passed through the automatic door.

- The Brig -

A few minutes later, Rhys was met at the door to the brig by SGT Bahjat. "Took you long enough," Saad said with a sour look on his face, "We need to find Lt. Te'Litha. There's at least one problem we can solve before our other friends arrive,". Rhys shrugged and replied, "Hey, I'm just making sure my job is done thoroughly is all,". After locking the outer door to the brig, they set off down the hallway to find Nick. "If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, this could be interesting," Rhys mused, all sorts of visions dancing through his head. Saad looked at his partner and scowled. "You can just forget that right now. This is too important for you to screw it up," he said, shaking his head, "Let's check the hangar,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
wonton bob

Re: Episode 22 - Conspire [TE]

- The Kirov -
- Sickbay -

Jason awoke from a solid sleep to some fuss with a nurse. Sleep had been a rare treat--between the guards moaning, some spooky specter passing by to speak with Nick at the end of the room, and now this commotion it was a wonder anybody got better in this madhouse. Apparently, I'm not gonna get some rest with this horse-shat

Slipping out of bed, Jason quietly dresses placing the top half of his uniform over his shoulders like a cape and stuffing some pain meds in his pocket before exiting the infirmary. Stopping by the lounge for a late snack wouldn't hurt he figured before plunging in bed for some sleep. While in sickbay he found out that Miller's last reports placed him on the Ipswitch before it bought the farm. It gnawed at his guts that he didn't feel anything. Miller was really the only person he could have called a friend, Jason assumed it was the medication. He would have to find out later what the situation is with the Titans and check out Grace if luck would have it.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
mcred23

-The Kalinin-
-Bridge-

"Course correction is complete, Commander. We should arrive at 0100 on the 25th." The helmsman reported to Nguyen, who only grunted.

"Sir?", a voice came from Marshall's right. It was Bate, looking smug as he always seemed to.

"Yes, Alpha?", a hint of exhaustion creeping into his usual monotone.

"Repairs to Runnels suit are complete. Kuwani's suit can fly and fight if we need it too. I've alerted the emergency pilots that they may be called." Bate reported, hiding his own fatigue.

"Who are they?"

"All are mechanics. It won't affect combat performance if they are called. Any word on Ensign Kuwani?"

"Ask the surgeon." Marshall said without a hint of emotion, the same as the question had been asked. He didn't know the unlucky pilot and wasn't concerned a great deal. Bate simply saluted, which Nguyen returned, and left the bridge. At the top of the next hour, the crew rotated, letting Nguyen and many of the others who had been on duty for so long get some rest as the ship continued on to Gryps with the rest of Taskforce Echo.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Attomoku

Kirov, Hanger

Lt. Te’Litha

Nick was looking up at the pink Rick Dias, which looked like hell, and figured he probably didn’t look much better himself. Using a convenient container for support he was still breathing laboriously after fleeing from medical a half-hour earlier and from that damn doctor who was slowly beginning to move up his ”To Kill” list. He needed some time to think without a constant reminder that he only had 4 to 6 months to live tops.
H sorted though what he knew since coming to a few hours ago. According to the nurse Friday had left explicit instructions to let him know that the “female” prisoner had been killed. The problem was that “Alice,” as Nick had mockingly called him, had been a dude. So there was a cover-up but he had no idea what it pertained to. He was probably alive but Nick couldn’t fathom in what sort of state he’d be in. Perhaps he was a spy and it was shear dumb luck/misfortune that he’d been extracted in such a nasty manner. Anyways according to record the dude didn’t exist anymore so it didn’t due to dwell too much on it.
His snake brought up the fact that he would finally kill Wolf soon. He smiled at the thought, he had been.. given permission.. to kill Wolf. “Given permission? What the hell?” He thought to himself, and his grin started to flounder, “I was going to kill him no matter what happened. I didn’t need to be blessed to do it so I can further some Toady’s station. And freakish Toady at that!” Nick thought with a flash of anger at the pain when Friday had somehow made his episode flare up again. Nick hated the idea of being screwed with of fun and tentatively penciled him in underneath Wolf and Tiraq on his mental hit-list.
He sighed out loud, He knew he was dying and didn’t have long, that his paranoia was growing and grip on reality slipping slightly but couldn’t help it. He was now constantly being censured and reminded not to get ahead of himself by one of his private phantasms while the other chastised him for being careless about revealing his hand in Ritter Senior’s demise when offered such obvious bait. Te’Litha knew the meds were part of the reason he was starting to lose it, but he needed them to function until he could do this one last thing and would let nothing stop him and would take any assistance.
So, he would play it cool, wait and see what kind of support Friday would give him to help accomplish his goal of wiping the last of the main Ritter dynasty from the earth-sphere. If Black, as slimy and unctuous as he was, could prove useful, he would hold off on judgment, but once he felt that Friday had outlived his usefulness and wandered into the realm of liability.. well. “Wait a second,” He reminded himself, "I’m dead before I could be brought back to face a military tribunal anyway. Why do I care once Wolf is dead? F*ck it, He can’t do anything that hasn’t already been done to me, he’s a menace to boot and he’s gone the moment Wolf bites it.” So Nick would act nice and do as bidden around Black and whatever mooks he had in his employ but the moment Wolf was worm food… he recalled his dream: Yes, once the pup is dead and my goal fulfilled, I’ll burn them all! The Zeons, the AEUG, and perhaps the Titans that wouldn’t let me die in peace a half decade ago!”
He smiled again and would have laughed aloud but it hurt too much.

Pilots Lounge

Ltjg. Kelborn

Luck would have it.
Grace entered the lounge with the idea of something to eat as well. She was hungry after spending the better part of past two days looking for a certain name in the records. She had finally found it too.
She saw Jason in the lounge and became suddenly self conscious of what occurred and her little outburst. Her social anxiety was rearing back up; She would have liked nothing better than to leave and go draw back into herself and her problems but she figured he saw her and felt obligated to at least say hello.
She approached Jason and hesitant about making eye contact asked “Feeling better?”
whilst busying herself with the snack machine.

Buxoro, Bridge

Ltcmdr. Winter

Edwin was anxious but he couldn’t tell you why. His ship was in good shape other than a few dings and scratches from debris. His ships suits were all in fighting order save for August’s whose right leg was to be replaced that afternoon. And his crew and pilots were rested and feed and back in fighting shape as well.
“We are now aligned with the Kirov, running 1300 meters off her port stern, 500 below plane. Corrections confirmed, ETA 0100 hours the 25th” his helmsman interjected his thoughts and unease.
Winter grunted in acknowledgment . He would stay wary, especially at Gryps. Something was afoot but he couldn’t tell you what.

Pilots Lounge

Ens. August & Lt. Robin

“Wait, so the Ipswitch blows up and no one thinks to tell me?!”
“I just assumed that you heard in medical.”
“No! I just conked out. When I came too I started to help repair the Hizacks once I escaped from the Doc’s, this is the first I’ve heard of it!”
“You slept though the escape from the debris field??” Elijah was incredulous and let it show, “Weren’t you scared?”
“A flying hunk of rock either misses or kills you outright.” Tyler shrugged, “I would rather skip the drama.” He ate a spoonful of yogurt, “If does hit and kills us then I would infinitely prefer to die comfortably in my sleep rather than have the last moments of my life filled contemplating my doom.”
Elijah shook his head “That…”
“..Makes too much sense?” Tyler smiled and prompted.
“Ye-No, I was going to say that it’s one thing to say, but another to do.” He looked hard at the Ensign. “I heard from Aaron that Tim panicked and found him in the fetal position in the lockers. How can you be so.. nonchalant? What sets you apart?” Elijah knew that Tyler’s perspective was unique but now he was trying to establish whether the bonk on the head had done something or if his quirks ran as deep as they seemed.
“My guess is that this was perhaps his first real near death experience, probably compounded by the fact that he had no control over what was happening. He seems fine now what’s the point?”
“Have you had a near death experience?”
“I’ll do you one better, I’ve been dead.” He motioned to his yogurt, “This is good, Ya want one?”
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
The Loser Villain

- Buxoro -
Pilots Lounge

Aaron and Tim

"Well, at least most are combat ready now," Tim said with a grin as he walked behind Aaron. They'd been in the hangar to get the current status on the Buxoro's complement of Hi-Zacks and were now headed to the pilots lounge to grab a snack and hopefully update Elijah. He'd asked, not ordered, Aaron to do the check up and he dragged Tim along to have somebody to chat with.

"Yeah, combat ready. Those Hi-Zacks are no where near combat ready after what I saw flying around at the Gate." He was beginning to think they were at the ass end of the supply line in Echo, "Only way those suits will hold up in the next battle is if we strap a battleship cannon to them, and even then they'll still be under classed."

"Ya got a point. But, I mean they have gotten us this far." Tim didn't have as bleak a view of the Hi-Zack, then again he didn't see the strange blue suit cruising around the area during the last battle.

"Okay, they have done that, but I bet ya we don't even see one new unit come our way after resupply, eh?"

"What's the wager?"

"Good question, we'll let Tyler come up with something." They were just outside the door to the pilots lounge as he spoke. The door opened as he stepped up to it and he caught the last part of Tyler and Elijah's conversation.

“This is good, Ya want one?”

"Hmm, well if you're offering. They got strawberry, eh?" He smiled at Tyler, he was thankful that he'd recovered from the head injury and had no lasting damage. Facing Elijah he gave a lazy salute and then sat down in a chair next to him.

Tim walked over to a vending machine and bought a can of soda and sat next to Tyler. "You doin' okay there?" he said lightly tapping him on the head.

"So, they say we're good with Tim's, yours and my Hi-Zack. Tyler's should be good to go after today as well." He cleared his throat and then dived into his recent complaint. "Sir, why are we being given the raw deal in this task force?"
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Attomoku

Buxoro, Pilots Lounge

Ens. August & Lt. Robin

"Sir, why are we being given the raw deal in this task force?"
"Oh, I know why! Its becau.." Tyler started in to make a jest at Elijah expense as if he hadn't told the Lieutenant anything mind-shattering in the past minute but was cut off by his CO. After spending the previous conversations agape at Tyler's confession he'd had finally recovered his presence of mind and collected his jaw from the floor.
He held a finger out to silence him them turned to Aaron, "Hold on to that thought, Tyler here told me that he hadn't heard that the Ipswitch was gone until I mentioned it in passing because he slept though the harrowing escape from the Gate to quote, 'skip the drama'. Then he tells me that he's been dead once."
"It was only for about 30 seconds when I was 16." Tyler sounded like he was defending a regrettable tryst and scooped the last spoonful of yogurt.
Elijah could only arch an eyebrow and give him a look.
The Ensign gave a large sigh. "There was an accident involving a runaway bus..." he was unsure how much detail to get into, then just shrugged and dived in. "My girlfriend was killed outright. I had to watch my best friend die from being impaled on something and while he died he told me he had all these regrets and things that he wanted to do but couldn't anymore..." He looked past Elijah for a second, "I watched his last breath before succumbing to shock and blood loss." He came back and looked down at the spoonfull of yogurt. "I was told later that my heart stopped beating for 30 seconds after they dragged me out and had to defibrillator me." He looked up and ate the last bite of yogurt, his voice full of its usual vibrancy. "My philosophies are built about the events of that day," he explained casually though his eyes cast a sidelong glace at Tim.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Pilots Lounge -

Jason had zoned out near the snack machine, busy in thought until he heard a familiar voice bringing him back to reality. “Feeling better?”
Looking at her he sees that she's averting her eyes which he attributes to her being shy. Turning red himself he places his right hand on the back of his head.
"Oh, hey! Well I uh..I am right now." Jason replies happily.
Looking over at the selection of food he waits to see what Grace chooses. "Can't stay away from the fine gourmet food either, huh. I'm really glad you're looking good too--Ah feeling, feeling good." Jason tries to cover up his Freudian slip with a more serious tone. "I've actually been in sort of a crossroads. Before, I thought about going career but recently I've been having doubts. When this war ends I'm sure there will be others but I don't think I can survive thru another...tell me, where do you see yourself after all this?"

- The Kirov -
- Sickbay -

Ltjg. Kyle Roberts enters the sickbay a determined man, he's looking for answers and things so far aren't adding up. The last reports of Ens. Shiranui have her seen helping someone into sickbay. Even if they were down a man they would still have to maintain their suits in case of attack. Her Barzam was in good condition but still she needed to report in even after the scare of colliding with their former base. He had been searching the Kirov from top to bottom only leaving the Bridge as last resort. "What the hell happened to her?" he wonders as he sees no sight of her in here.
Xvlai

- Kirov -
- Hangar -

From the safety, distance, and quiet obscurity of a hallway alcove on the walkway above the hangar, Sven observed the madmen Te’litha silently. The madmen stood in front of the Pink Rick Dias his back turned towards Sven. Around the hangar a number of the crew bustled, seemingly involved in their actions they didn’t notice either Sven or Nick. Watching impassively, Sven frowned inwardly, by all rights’ Te’litha should have still been in medical. He had only just started his search for the man after promising Wolf he would look into it.

Moving around the walkway Sven stayed close to the wall until he had a better vantage point to view Nicks face, yet even then he remained slightly outside the man’s peripherals. There was no doubt to it the man had murdered the Commodore, and for that he would die. A sense of sureness filled Sven, while Wolf dealt with the traitor Fritz, Sven would see fit to end this madmen’s question for blood. What is he doing here though? Why would he be here of all places, looking at that unit of all units? It hadn’t been difficult to track him down to the medical bay. Sven had been more surprised to find he was no longer there, the nurse on duty claimed he had left against the advice of the doctor. What worried Sven even more was she claimed that Nick had other visitors besides himself recently. The nurse had been all too willing to spill her experiences with the Captain. He had confirmed his suspicion that the pilot had lived there only to have it quashed when he found out the supposed pilot was dead. What I don’t understand is why did this Captain want Nick to know the prisoner was dead? It didn’t bother Sven that the prisoner was a women, only that this Captain seemed adamant that Nick find out.

No matter how many times he had thought about it on his search throughout the ship it kept coming back to him. He kept finding more questions, yet very little answers, and that bothered Sven. Frowning outwardly Sven rapped his fingers against the wall next to him. He couldn’t put it all together but given the discussion with the nurse and Nick being out here Sven felt there was a puzzle in front of him yet with the few pieces in front of him he could not solve it. Something is not right here, I cannot quite put my finger on it, but something isn’t right here. As if to punctuate his thoughts and contradict his own expression Nick’s normally dour expression turned to an immense smile.

Mumbling to himself as he turned down the hallway and began to head towards the bridge Sven through one last dogged look at the Pilot, “I don’t know your story yet, Te’litha, but when I do, I will stop your plotting and see you dead.”
Attomoku

Kirov, Pilots Lounge

Ltjg. Kelborn

Can't stay away from the fine gourmet food either, huh. I'm really glad you're looking good too--Ah feeling, feeling good."
Grace smiled, it felt good to be complimented about how good you look, especially when you feel less than socially adequate. She grabbed a bearclaw from the machine that didn't look half bad and sat across from Jason and began to unwrap the pastry while Jason continued, somewhat secure in the knowledge that he hadn't brought up her breakdown.
"I've actually been in sort of a crossroads. Before, I thought about going career but recently I've been having doubts. When this war ends I'm sure there will be others but I don't think I can survive thru another...tell me, where do you see yourself after all this?"
Grace nibbled on her bearclaw in thoughtful silence before finally answering, "You know, I'm not sure. I've never thought about a life outside the military." she told him truthfully. "If I couldn't serve though, I might like to try and teach and be an educator. How about you? Do you have anything in mind?"
wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Pilots Lounge -

Jason looked at Grace eating, he wondered if there could be future between them.

"If I couldn't serve though, I might like to try and teach and be an educator. How about you? Do you have anything in mind?"

"In mind for us?" Jason added jokingly. Jason looked down at the table, it's actually something he never thought seriously about. On one hand he admired Stukov and how a man like that could go on fighting through years without any certain allegiance, but he was no Stukov. Until recently with hate in his heart--mostly filled by his father-- Jason thought he go through wars unscathed, but remembering the trip to Earth and where he grew up, Jason knew his fate was sealed.
"Last time I was on Earth..it's wasn't a large town where I'm from but the people...I grew up where people knew everyone and we looked out for each other. I had a home next to an orchard where I would go and just sit and watch the sunset...They hate us you know, chased from my own hometown. So I can't go back you see, but I made a promise to protect the Earth from spacenoids and it's the only thing I know how to do." Jason was fighting back tears realizing the future he had hoped could never be. Trying to alleviate the mood he looked back at Grace's blue eyes with a hopeful smile.
"Hmm..I can actually see you being a very good teacher with a room ful of kids, a ton of kids. I really hope you end up there when this is all over."
Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Kirov -
- Bridge -

The fear of instant discovery had slowly subsided as the flagship had accepted Taskforce Echo's semi-accurate reports without incident, but Trent still felt a general sense of unease. As confident in himself as Black Friday seemed to be, Trent knew an organization like the Titans wouldn't remain unaware of his doing for very long. Keeping Tariq in the dark and chasing phantoms was hard enough, and that wouldn't last either. He knew he wouldn't even be able to play dumb for much longer if any questions were asked. He let out a deep breath and loosened the collar of his uniform, suddenly feeling hot and uncomfortable in his overcoat. Regardless, he thought, he had to try and carry on as usual. Unless Friday was haunting him with more explicit orders all he had to do was command Echo like he had been doing.

"Looks like there's vessels moving between ships in the fleet, captain," Gojiro reported, bringing up a distant view of slow moving thruster flares near the bulk of the Titans fleet. Trent studied the picture and nodded, "Probably already moving support crews and personnel,". Fyodor made a confused sound and shook his head, "Sir, there are two small support vessels launching from the Jupitris...". He trailed off, causing Trent's jaw to set. "...Yes?" the captain asked. Fyodor turned in his seat and continued, "One is headed for the Dogosse Gier, and the other is supposedly headed for the Kirov, but we haven't been notified...". Gojiro leaned back to look across at Fyodor and said, "Are you sure about the heading? There's no comm traffic directed at us,".

Trent frowned but spoke up and offered, "They must be doling out supplies. They weren't engaged at the Gate of Zedan,". Mortimer grunted ambiguously and Fyodor and Gojiro shrugged. "Do you want me to hail them, sir?" Gojiro asked, turning on the appropriate equipment. The captain thought it over for a moment and then shook his head, "Wait until they're closer. They might be headed for one of the ships strung out behind us,". "What the hell is Black doing now? I told him I didn't want to see him in person again," Trent thought, already worrying what the newest problem delivered to him by Friday could be. "Yes, sir. waiting for you order," Gojiro nodded, keeping track of the oncoming ship.

- Hangar -

"I don't see him here..." Saad muttered as he passed the area where Nick's mobile suit was being worked on in its berth. He noticed one of the spots for that particular team was empty and shrugged. The Gate of Zedan had been practically one-sided from what he had seen and heard. "Saad," Rhys hissed, calling his attention from the catwalk above. The corporal pointed in the direction of the captured Rick Dias and sure enough, the strange white haired pilot was standing at its feet. He kicked off the floor and glided up to the same level as Rhys before the pair began to move in Te'Litha's direction.

"Shouldn't one of us stay at the brig? What if Lt. sayed tries to get in again," Rhys asked, suddenly realizing they didn't both need to be there to talk to Nick. If someone tried to get in while they were gone, it could ruin everything. "I changed the code. It'll keep him out until we get back. Besides, there's nothing in there he can do anything about," Saad frowned. "Looks like a weirdo," Rhys grunted as they stopped above Nick. "He can't be worse than Capt. Friday," Saad responded, almost sounding sad as he hopped the railing to float down. As they descended, SGT Bahjat called out, "Lieutenant. May we have a word with you?".

- Hallway -

Tariq pushed up his sunglasses as he saw Kyle Roberts leave sick bay, and pushed away from the wall to catch up to him. "Ltjg. Roberts," Tariq called out, "I'd like to take a moment of your time,". He stopped and reached out to adjust his momentum to stay next to Kyle. "Have you been near the brig lately or seen the guards stationed there?" he asked, sounding irritated, "I can't get into my own damned office and those two thugs Capt. Friday left behind are nowhere to be found,".

- The Brig -

"Hn," Wolf murmured, disdainfully wondering why there was nobody answering his call at the brig door. There had to be at least one guard inside, but the door was locked and no one was coming to answer the buzz produced by the button outside. He had done most of his other duties, and after checking and re-checking his and Sven's mobile suits and briefly talking to a distracted Lt. Sayed he finally decided to come and get a look at the pilot that had been such a pain in his ass at the Gate of Zedan. "Nobody around here is competant any more..." he grunted, turning away from the silent brig door to head for the mess hall. He'd have to come back later to check in on Tariq's investigation and the prisoner.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Hallway -

"Ltjg. Roberts," Tariq called out, "I'd like to take a moment of your time,".
Kyle was wondering where to turn next when Tariq called out to him. He was leery of the man since first meeting him on the bridge and it shocked him that Tariq was aware of him, but if anyone can solve this mystery, it's this man. Turning around he stood at attention while replying to the lieutenant.

"Have you been near the brig lately or seen the guards stationed there? I can't get into my own damned office and those two thugs Capt. Friday left behind are nowhere to be found,".

"It's funny you should say that, sir. I had passed by there about 15 minutes ago only to find it locked and no one answering. I've been looking for Ens. Shiranui, she was a bit rattled by our last battle and with Lt. Kamek dead I've decided to take responsiblitly of the ensign until a replacement C.O. is found but I haven't seen her since landing. A witness has seen her exiting the brig with a guard helping a white-haired officer toward the sickbay. But I'm afraid sickbay has no record of this...or they're unwilling to say...I'm sorry but I've got a sick feeling something hideous is going on. I was just about to report it to the Captain."
The Loser Villain

Buxoro, Pilots Lounge

Aaron & Tim

"My philosophies are built about the events of that day."

While Tyler told his story Tim sat uncomfortably next to him with the can of soda clenched in his hand. Growing up he had been lucky enough never to witness death personally. His father had died a long way from home, and while it did have an effect on him, it wasn't as traumatizing as what Tyler had gone through.

His eyes caught Tyler's sidelong glance and he realized one reason he was telling them this was to clear this up with him. Up until now, Tim assumed Tyler was simply crazy. But now there was more to his outlook. And while he did understand a bit more about Tyler, he simply couldn't bring himself to say anything.

Aaron on the other hand, who was just as shocked, was able to speak. It just wasn't anything constructive.

"Oh crap, that is horrible. Geez, I never knew...." he realized then nobody around him had know, "I mean, not that we would have."

He rubbed the back of his head feeling slightly embarrassed about having barged in with complaints and his reaction to what Tyler had told them.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Attomoku

Kirov, Hanger

Lt. Te'litha

"Lieutenant. May we have a word with you?"
"Speaking of mooks, right on cue" Nick thought to himself at the goon's decent.
Nick took a stab a the men's identity from whet he'd overheard about the inundation of transfers, "I take it you two are here to give me transfer orders?" Nick replied loudly in a mocking tone. From the looks they exchanged he knew he hit his mark, they were mooks for a reason he groused; strong back, weak mind. When they got close he dropped his voice. "I wondered when Black would give me something to do, what do you want?"
Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Kirov -
- Hangar -

"I wondered when Black would give me something to do, what do you want?" Nick asked, causing the men to look at each other as they landed. Most people they were aware of weren't exactly thrilled to be in a position where they were taking orders from the captain. Whatever this pilot had done to get himself stuck doing Friday's bidding was of no consequence to them regardless. They both independantly figured it was probably better that they didn't know what he had done. Saad gestured in Rhys' direction and said, "This is Rhys. I'm Saad. For the time being you need to do what we ask of you in exactly the way you're told. I apologize if that sounds threatening, but we need to be very careful. It's in all of our best interests,". Rhys adjusted the strap running across his chest that his SMG was attached to and grunted, "Now that we found him, I can take care of the rest here. You can go make sure everything else is in order,". Saad nodded and said, "Fine. Try to make it up there in 10 minutes or so. If I'm not back use the radio,".

With that cryptic exchange finished, Saad looked Nick over once more as he pushed off the hangar floor to glide in the direction of one of the lifts. After looking around to make sure nobody was too close to them, Rhys turned back to Nick and explained in a more hushed tone, "Lieutenant, we're about to deal with one of our problems a little creatively. Hopefully if this works we'll keep Tariq confused and busy for a day or so until we're ready to move forward with him,". He smirked and scoffed, "We're gonna be real busy for the next couple of days once more of our pals arrive. But don't worry too much about that, we need to concentrate,". He gestured in the direction of a hallway heading away from the hangar and began to move in that direction. "We're going to meet Saad up in Delta Team's ready room. Once we're in there just follow instructions,".

- Hallway -

"It's funny you should say that, sir. I had passed by there about 15 minutes ago only to find it locked and no one answering. I've been looking for Ens. Shiranui, she was a bit rattled by our last battle and with Lt. Kamek dead I've decided to take responsiblitly of the ensign until a replacement C.O. is found but I haven't seen her since landing. A witness has seen her exiting the brig with a guard helping a white-haired officer toward the sickbay. But I'm afraid sickbay has no record of this...or they're unwilling to say...I'm sorry but I've got a sick feeling something hideous is going on. I was just about to report it to the Captain."

"Don't bother," Tariq disdainfully blew out a breath. He placed a hand on Kyle's back and guided him down the hallway, talking while they moved, "Something tells me going to the captain about anything to do with Nick Te'Litha will get you nowhere,". He was the one that had sent her away from the brig with Nick, so that business didn't surprise him. He did note, however, that Kyle seemed to be agitated that he couldn't easily locate Cara. Regardless of what his reasons were for being nosy he might prove useful. "Well, JG, I can tell you that Lt. Te'Litha did arrive at sick bay. He was there for quite some time. As for the location of Cara Shiranui I am not certain. I believe I saw her earlier in the mess hall. I'd check for here there and at her quarters,". He reached up and adjusted his beret, thinking over his next step.

"Do me a favor," he said, slightly disappointed that he hadn't learned much, "If you see one of the brig guards try to find me and tell me what they were doing. In the meantime I'll keep an eye out for Ens. Shiranui,".

- Hangar -

The mid-sized support vessel sent from the Jupitris smoothly glided into the Kirov not long after Nick and Rhys left the open hangar in mid-conversation. Due to the (mostly artificial and deliberate) lack of security personnel, it was greeted and cleared by a few mechanics and crew who soon returned to their duties. The first people down the ramp were a few new members of the ship's security team, mostly transfers from the Jupitris and other friendly ships. The next man to leave the ship dragged a raggedy duffle bag behind him in the zero-g and took a look around the hangar from behind mirrored sunglasses as music thumped in his ears through a minidisk player. "Life goes on," he muttered with a shrug, not really moved one way or the other by his new home. The Kirov was almost identical to the Latium, and there would be an almost identical cabin waiting for him.

Dolk hopped away from the craft and headed for the area the mechanics had pointed out. Until the new pilots were cleared they would be left to mill around in the hangar staging area. Not far behind him was a dapper young pilot whose appearance was even more impressive next to Dolk's rolled-up sleeves and lax attitude. Daren Nwosu floated towards Dolk and gave him the same dubious look he had when he had first seen him on the supply ship. How a man who looked like that made a success of himself as an officer was indeed a mystery. Unlike Dolk, Daren's priority now that he was on the Kirov wasn't finding his bed, but finding Wolf Ritter. The Nwosu family was one of the smaller Ritter 'support' families scattered across earth and one of the few that lived and did business in Africa.

Onboard the craft, Black Friday waited until Ltjg. Grant had gone down the ramp before he turned to Applegate and Hepburn. "Capt. Trent has requested that I not come back aboard the Kirov to conduct business, and I intend to honor his request. Mr. Hepburn, I have here a written copy of orders I want you to deliver to Lt. Nick Te'Litha. Let him read them in your presence, make sure he understands them, and then take them back and dispose of them. Mr. Applegate, please locate Tariq Sayed once you're cleared for duty and make sure he stays busy for the next 48 hours. I have the feeling that won't be too terribly difficult,".

- Hallway -

Cara had spent most of her precious downtime in her quarters trying to forget everything that had happened during the battle at the Gate of Zedan. Kyle had come by earlier, but she had stayed in bed and ignored the door chiming as he looked for her. Outside trips to the mess hall and the locker area she had more or less locked herself away in an attempt to calm down and figure out how to deal with everything. She didn't want to just quit and admit it was too much, but even with her medication the combination of piloting a mobile suit and the confusion of combat pushed her to her mental limit. Besides, with the way things were going for the Titans, she knew it wasn't likely that they'd let her quit. She let the gripper pull her down the hall in the direction of Delta's ready room. Maybe a change of scenery would help her get her head right.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Sume Gai

-Kirov Hanger-

As he was addressed Parks yawned. "Yeah yeah.. Find this Sayed guy and get him to chase his own tale for two days. I'm sure i can handle that." The lazy tone he spoke with suggested otherwise, as did his casual waving-off of Captain Friday. Continuing in this way Applegate pushed himself off the seat and through the hatch lethargically.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
hellbore

- Kirov Hanger -

Among those from the Jupitris, walked a short nondescript woman, in a crisp and clean standard Titans uniform. As the group disseminated about the spacious hanger. Having mostly served on Salamis', Kate Elliott was suitably impressed by the scope of the hanger. Her attention was drawn to the tall-ish man wearing sunglasses with music blaring from a headset so loudly that she could hear it faintly from where she was. She dismissed the man immediately from her mind, and turned to watch the maintenance crews swarm over the Mobile Suits that loomed over them all.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Thechoort

Buxoro, Hanger

Ensign Hughes Perin looked over the mobile suits being worked on by the maintenance crews. They looked to be in fighting order, all but one were perfectly fine. They had their dings and damages, but from what Hughes had heard about the Hizack line, they were solidly built machines. Not the newest machines on the battlefield, but he didn't dread the prospect of piloting one.

More then seeing the mobile suits assigned to the ship, he wanted to see for himself if the damage done at Zedens. It was still a lot to believe, that Axis had really struck The Gate of Zedens. Command was tight lipped about details regarding the battle, and that was always worrying. With repairs underway on the mobile suits in the hanger, he decided he wouldn't be able to tell anything from just looking. He decided to head to the pilots lounge, if anyone would be able to tell him exactly what happened, I’d be someone who was actually at Zedens.
The Big Zabowski

Kirov hangar
-Hepburn-

"Understood, Captain."

That was Jack's simple response that included a crisp salute before he departed the shuttle behind Parks. As he stepped off the boarding stairs, he took one look back at Black and let out a small sigh before tugging his duffel over his shoulder and looking over to the far end of the hangar as Rhys and a white haired officer made their way toward the exit leading to the squad briefing rooms.

"And it looks like Rhys already has our friend cornered.. good work."

He kicked off the floor and quickly made his way across the hangar toward the hallway that Rhys and Te'litha had already started toward. Taking another glance behind him and around the hangar, he was inwardly thankful that Black had made this job somewhat.. easy. But to count his chickens before they hatched wasn't the wisest thing; deciding rather to just catch up with the pair as they disappeared from the hangar into 'their' hallway and not make much of a scene.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Xvlai

- The Kirov, Pilots Quarters –
- Beta Team –

Sven had moved and worked quickly since leaving the hangar. He had tried to locate Wolf but had received no response from his door. Rummaging through his sparse room, Sven couldn’t help but give a shudder as the hairs on the back of his neck tingled. Suppressing a shudder Sven worked faster, this apparent silence and too many red flags bothered Sven. His skills honed from growing up in his father’s household Sven was quite convinced that there was a plot going on through the Kirov, and it was not favorable towards his goals.

Finding what he was looking for Sven left his room in a hurry, as he left his room he awkwardly holstered his sidearm. Normally he didn’t carry it around with him but given the current odd circumstances he brought it along. Making his way quickly through the ship Sven found himself outside the bridge door in no time. Entering the bridge quietly Sven gazed around impassively, the bridge was subdued given the past battle but even then before moving over to the Captains seat.

It occurred to Sven only as he walked up to the Captain that he had never actually introduced himself to the man. Moving up to the man’s side and saluting Sven presented what he had been looking for earlier, a slightly ornate side arm, one generally issued to higher ranking officers in the Titans organization. The pistol was not his, but rather the late Commodore’s that Sven had taken as a memento for the man who Sven thought of as father he had never gotten the chance to know. I’m sorry Sir, I shouldn’t be giving it away, but your son is in need of your service even yet. “Sir, I was just down in the Medical Bay, one of the Nurses said an Captain visiting one of the Crewmen had forgotten this there.” Turning the pistol over in his hands Sven continued. “The Security detachment had no records of a visiting Captain so I thought I would mark this disturbance directly with you.” Sven never betrayed his thoughts or blinked once as he lied and gazed into the Captain’s face. Hopefully this trinket can buy me some information, anything…