Episode 22 - Capitalize [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Ashoka

Re: Episode 22 - Capitalize [4th]

- Amman Spaceport -
- Docks -

A young man walked along through the docks, a slip of paper in his hands, obviously looking for something. He was wearing jeans and an EFSF leather jacket, carrying a worn duffle back over his shoulder. Even in this area, the jacket was getting him looks - dark ones - and he saw hands grip tools hard. Not that he cared, the EFSF badge had been removed a long time ago, with only a slight darkening of leather to show where it had once been. Most of the badges were superfluous, and showed wear and negliect. Only one badge remained clean and cared for, the one of a ship - the MSC-07 Albion.

Combined with his looks (even though his hair was long and he'd grown a goatee), should have been enough for most people to figure out who the young man was. Four years ago, he had been involved in two very major incidents - which had shaken the Earth Sphere to it's core and set them on a path to the place they were in now....

Titans... He thought, and he face gained a contemptious look Everything that has gone wrong can be traced back to them. When did we allow things to go so wrong....

Kou Uraki walked up to the boarding tube outside an AEUG ship, and dropped his bag, stretching his back out.

"Well, I'm here" he muttered, mostly to himself "Now what....?"
Something witty coming soon
wonton bob

- Amman Spaceport -
- Docks -

Stumbling out of a dark alley, with his federation uniform in tatters, Bernard takes off the jacket and swings it over his shoulder as he approaches the security gate. Looking through his chest pocket he pulls out a bent cigarette and places it in his mouth, "...least the girls left me that.."
Striking a match on his belt buckle, he lights the cigarette and takes a deep puff. "Night" he says to the shocked guards who allow him to enter. Making a beeline toward the Hamburg, Bernard finally stops and looks up at the ship. "Whens your luck gonna run out?" he jokes. An image of the Gela breaking apart flashes in front of him causing him to gasp and drop the cigarette. "Sh--. This waiting around for the enivitable..it's worse than waiting for the daily prison beat-down."
While rubbing his face, a guard runs up to him with some papers. After a brief exchange the guard leaves the disheveled pilot, "..guess it's time to move on."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
ScornMandark

Chapman's Bar

Rem shook his head as Jacob stumbled his way out. He turned to the bartender and motioned for another of Ramon's...uh...drink? He brought it back to the table, righted one of the chairs Jacob kicked over, and sat down. "Well, that could have been worse..."

He looked around the table, quickly noticing Sophie had excused herself. He sighed. 'Why me? I didn't even do it this time...' He turned to Ramon. "How are you holding up? I know it was pretty rough in that last one, and the next one is gonna be worse, so I hear, new and improved MS nonwithstanding."
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Amman Spaceport -

- The Dervish -
- Hallway -

"I still can't believe they want you all back the day after tomorrow, when the fleet is going to be in Amman for at least a week. It's awful," Elizabeth said, shaking her head as she and Fritz walked from the lift to a hallway that would lead to the hangar. Fritz shifted the box he carried to his other arm and shrugged, "There's a lot of planning for the operation. Considering the scope of what will go on I'm surprised they're only spending 5 days briefing us in port,". "But this time the AEUG is going to attack Gryps, right? It'll take you at least 2 weeks to get there," she said.

Fritz nodded and responded, "And we'll spend all 14 days in transit briefing and preparing too. I just want to go home and forget about it while I still have the luxury,". They passed through an open set of doors directly onto the floor of the hangar, where there was still a crew hard at work. There were now Rick Diases standing in all four of each teams' racks and the debris from the recovered suits had been removed, including the mangled parts of Clute Tideland's machine. Sager stood wiping grease from his hands onto a rag as his main crew finished testing the computer of Team Three's Kanone Dias.

"Hey, Fritz. Ma'am," he nodded to the couple when he noticed them passing through. "Haven't they let you go yet?" Fritz asked, slowing down. Sager smiled and stuffed the rag into his hip pocket. "When we finish assembling these and running major diagnostics the rest of the mechanics and I get four days off, sir," he answered. "Maybe you should have learned how to fix mobile suits," Elizabeth smiled playfully, poking Fritz in the ribs. "I'm only smart enough to break them, Liese," he answered, waving to Sager as they moved on for the exit. "Take it easy, Chief,".

- Chapman's Bar -

Outside the bar, Jacob was in the middle of relieving himself against the wall when a military jeep happened to trundle along. The tan EFSF vehicle skidded to a halt in the street, and the soldier driving it threw it into park. "You've got to be kidding me," the other soldier said, sliding out of the passenger seat. Both men clambered out of the jeep, re-slinging their rifles as they walked towards Jacob who was in his disheveled Federation-style uniform. 'MP' was emblazoned in white letters on the black bands that ran across the soldiers' helmets.

The driver approached on Jacob's right, coming to a stop far enough away that a punch or kick wouldn't land. "...Sir?" he said, speaking up once he realized Markado was totally unaware of their presence, "Sir, please... finish up and step away from the wall,". "Darby," the other man said, pointing at the left sleeve of Jacob's jacket, "Says he's 4th Squadron,". Darby the MP sighed and rubbed a hand across his forehead. "Another one of those guys, huh? Why is it the times I run across the 4th they're trying to t-bone my jeep or they're pissing on the side of a bar in broad daylight?" he griped, relaxing.

Inside the bar, Ramon nodded in thanks when Rem handed him his second appletini as Wales approached. "Excuse me. Pardon my intrusion but I have a couple of questions. First, where can I find the C.O for the Balrampur. And second, what the hell was all that about?" the new pilot asked. Hard AE leaned away from Wales in his seat to get a look at the late arrival and then answered loudly, "Replacement, hooo~~! Okaaaay! You're looking for Lt. Folk,". Dr. M cleared his throat and spoke up to quietly correct Ramon, "Ah, I believe Lt. Folk was killed in action at the Gate of Zedan,". Sumitani's mood soured and he shrugged, "Try Ltjg. Miller, then♪". "Go to Gate 10 at the main docks," Dr. M added, clearing up the directions.

"How are you holding up? I know it was pretty rough in that last one, and the next one is gonna be worse, so I hear, new and improved MS nonwithstanding," Rem asked after taking a seat next to Ramon. The strange pilot took a swig from his new drink and answered simply, "I'm alive~♫".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Ashoka

-Amman Spaceport-
-Docks-

A black shape moved through the sides of the docks, always staying close to the walls and crates, except where work made that impossible. When it did step out into full light, it revealed a man dressed all in black, including a black great-coat. But underneath it, was a pale white man with a dark mohawk. He seemed to be looking for something specific, but stops when he sees a man in a uniform.

From the shadows he watches the man freeze up and drops something. He strains to hear the conversation between the man and the guard, but can't, instead deciding to walk up to the man.

"You look lost friend" He says to Bernard, offering him a hand.
King Monkey

It was fortunate for Darby that he kept his distance. Jacob was not drunk enough that he would lash out at an MP with no provocation. In fact, he'd never been that drunk. He was drunk enough that he forgot what he was doing when his attention was garnered. The last of his urine narrowly missed splashing onto the officer's shoes as he turned to face him.

Jacob stared at the man uncomprehendingly for a moment and then a big smile broke out on his face. "Hello. Can I office you helper?" He grinned for a moment more and then frowned. "I mean...can you help me officer? No...wait...I mean...no that's right...wait, let me start over.

"What can I do for you, sir?"

Fortunately, he was on a bit of autopilot so when his business was done he tucked in his shirt and zipped up his pants. Of course, he didn't do a good job of it, only tucking in the front so that the back hung out over his pants and he got one of the tails in front stuck in the zipper. The next time he had to urinate was probably going to go wrong as the zipper was jammed and it was going to take more cognitive power than he now possessed to get it unstuck.

"That's right!" he declared, turning to the other man and swiping a finger in his general direction. "I'm with the 4th. The Fightin' Squishy Heads! Fear our Squishy-headedness!"

The man who'd approached him got his attention again and he stared at him in wonder. "Someone pissed on the side of a bar? Really? That's a pretty good trick. I don't know if I could hit the side of a bar. Maybe if it was a really thick one." He gestured with his hands, making a circle with them to show what kind of bar he meant.

Before Darby could reply, though, Jacob was weaving his way toward his jeep. "I'd love a T-bone. We have to report back tomorrow, you know. I gotta live it up while I still can."

Clumsily, he climbed into the vehicle, getting a foot tangled in the seatbelt and almost falling before kicking his way free. Sitting in the back like a Grand Poobah, he crossed his arms over his chest. "Drive on, Driver! To t-bones!"
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
wonton bob

- Amman Spaceport -
- Docks -

For a moment Bernard thought death itself walked out of the shadows to claim its dues. First noticing the tattoo on the side of the man's head, he hesitantly looked at the rest of the man before responding, "Huh? Na, I've just been given transfer orders from this metal coffin to a much bigger one that's all." he replies while pointing at the Hamburg.

"It'll be my third time I've steppe on board the Dervish during the whole campign..each time right after a disaster," Bernard adds openly before realizing the person in front of him is a stranger. "Ah, So who are you?"
Ashoka

-Amman Space Port-
-Docks-

"I'm Ash" the young man states mater-of-factly, offering his pale and tattoo'd hand to the other man. "And you are?"

The young man looked around the space docks, looking a little bemused.

"It was what you were supposed to ask me, though." Ash focused on the man again. "You see, I'm supposed to report to the Balls-Raam-Pooooooor? or something like that anyway. I think it's a ship, since that would make the most sense. Anyway, I'm supposed to report there to join a squad and pick up my MS. But... no one told me how to get there, and the way you guys do stuff around here doesn't make any sense to me....."
blind_dead_mcjones

-Chapmans Bar-

"Replacement, hooo~~! Okaaaay! You're looking for Lt. Folk,". Ramon replied loudly, Dr. M cleared his throat and spoke up to quietly correct Ramon, "Ah, I believe Lt. Folk was killed in action at the Gate of Zedan,". Sumitani's mood soured and he shrugged, "Try Ltjg. Miller, then♪". "Go to Gate 10 at the main docks," Dr. M added, clearing up the directions.

"Lt J.G miller, main docks, gate 10, got it. thanks for helping." Wales replied to the pair, getting up from his seat and leaving them to his buisness, stoping only to watch the drink pilot from before cause another spectacle with two MP's, it was only after he had hailed a taxi and was on the way to his destination that he realised that he forgot to ask Dr.M about where he could find a cigarette tin like the one the Dr had, i guess i'l ask him later when i see him.

before long he was at the docks, paying his fare he wandered about aimlessly in search of gate 10 before coming across some guy with a mohawk talking to someone else, with a guard standing nearby. normally he would've continued walking but the mention of the ship he was after made him rethink that.

"You looking for the Balrumpur?" he loudly asked the mohawked man as he apporached them.
Flag Fighter for life!
wonton bob

- Amman Spaceport -
- Docks -

"... no one told me how to get there, and the way you guys do stuff around here doesn't make any sense to me....."

"Heh, yep that's the 4th all right. Advance squadron aah..I think unless they changed it again. Well anyway just go with the flow, it'll eventually work out somehow. I'm Ltjg. Bernard Korbel, nice to meet ya." Bernard picks at his chin, trying to work his brain.

"The gate number should be on your papers at least that's how I did it when I started out. Just stow your gear and report to the bridge..Capt. Keaton, I believe is in command of that ship." Taking a good look at his tattered federation jacket, Bernard simply drops it. "Don't need that anymore. Well Ash welcome to the 4th. Now if you excuse me I gotta pack up my gear and head on over to the Irish class before all the good bunks are taken."

As he takes a few steps away Bernard stops and looks back at Ash. "I just realized..I guess I won't need my Nemo were I'm going. I'm curious just who I'm replacing over there. For that matter I wonder what happened to the guy your replacing," he jokingly adds while looking at another possible replacement approach.

"You looking for the Balrumpur?"

..christ, did we lose that many pilots
Fritz Ashlyn

- Amman Spaceport -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

Abbey craned his neck to look up at the largest overhead bank of monitors, where video feeds from the 4th's other captains were displayed. Capt. Guanche was the only one who appeared to be in his full uniform, as the others were taking advantage of the downtime in various ways - Abbey's uniform jacket was laid across one arm of his command chair, and like Loweno he was wearing the khaki EFSF dress shirt instead. "Mr. Walton wouldn't release all of his sponsored unit's records, which is irritating, but what I found indicates the Chuikov was reported missing after an engagement in far earth orbit a few days before the attack at the Gate of Zedan," Capt. Guanche said, adjusting his glasses.

"Gates didn't know anything useful either, Carl. The whole crew is listed MIA because the ship didn't return after their unit intercepted a Titans supply convoy headed out from Earth," Loweno added, shaking his head. Capt. Keaton spoke up and asked, "Isn't it true they didn't confirm the loss? As I understand the situation no wreckage was found and no distress signals were received,". Abbey nodded and sighed, "Yes, but the only 'friendly' units in the area for a week after that date were EFSF. Maximilian said an AEUG ship didn't cross through that zone soon enough to make sure any potential debris didn't burn up in the atmosphere,".

Loweno frowned at the thought but offered, "If the coordinates Chris got are right, that's a long way out to have had everything fall that fast,". Guanche nodded, "That's true, Carl. But the fact remains that there's been no sign of Capt. Dombrowski or the Chuikov since that combat patrol. Under the circumstances I'd say we have to assume--". "I don't have to assume squat," Abbey interrupted, shaking his head, "Until I see a report from a reliable source that confirms something, as far as I'm concerned Nathan is still somewhere out there,". Guanche and Keaton both made ambiguous, uncomfortable noises and momentarily averted their vision but Loweno nodded in agreement.

Abbey knew there were still countless thousands upon thousands of men and women still listed as "missing" from the One Year War, but it didn't change the way he felt about Dombrowski's disappearance. "Sir, both sides lose track of ships in small skirmishes like this..." Keaton said gingerly, "You can't waste too much time hoping one will reappear,". Carl's jaw set and he responded, "I know that, damn it...".

- The Docks -

"Christ, did the guards decide checking papers is too much trouble or did they just fall asleep again?" Fritz said as he approached Bernard Korbel and the two men he didn't recognize. "Nobody that shouldn't be here ever comes in anyway," the nearby EFSF soldier said defensively, still not leaving his 'post' which was currently leaning against an AE crate smoking. "Yeah?" Fritz said, slightly peeved, "Well in case you're not caught up on current events we're all AEUG, so if you want to be a Klugscheißer about it none of us are supposed to be in here,". "Ha ha," the guard said, making an annoyed face. Fritz walked over to Bernard and sat down the box he was carrying.

"What the hell happened to you, Korbel?" he asked, still keeping an eye on Ash and Wales. "And who are you two?" he continued, looking for an answer from the new pilots. He pointed off in the direction of one of the Salamis Kais and said, "The Balrampur is down there if you're replacements,". He shook his head and complained, "I've got to talk to the gate guards,". Elizabeth stepped closer when she saw the state Bernard was in and said, "You should be thankful the AEUG is in good enough shape on Luna to have gate guards. You're still a resistance movement, remember?". "Yeah, I guess..." he said, scratching his chin. He chuckled aloud when he thought about how a few months ago he would have been coming down on the replacements and the guard that was ignoring them.

"How was I ever that angry all the time?" he wondered out loud. Liese smiled at Bernard and moved in closer to check the obvious outward signs of the beating he had taken. "You're Bernard, right? What did happen? You look awful," she said, pushing lightly on one of the areas of swelling on his forehead. "Don't worry, ensign, she's a nurse, not a weirdo. ...Well, she's also a bit of a weirdo but she's still a nurse," Fritz explained. "Very funny," she said as she continued to check his injuries.

- Chapman's Bar -

Darby and Jones just stood and watched as Jacob continued his spectacle, stumbling over to the jeep and clambering into the back seat. They exchanged a look and Darby shrugged, "At least we don't have to fight him and haul him in there,". They walked back to the jeep and climbed back into the front seats. Turning back to face Jacob, Jones asked, "Sir, is there anyone else inside that, uh, needs a ride? I'd hate to leave more of you guys here in your condition,". Darby shook his head and quickly overruled, "Not our problem. I can't see 'em. We're leaving,". He put the jeep back in drive and they started back up the street. Glancing over at Jones, he suggested, "Keep an eye on the JG, eh? Don't want an officer busting his head open falling outta my jeep, even if he's AEUG,".

Jones, the MP riding in the passenger seat, looked around the back of the vehicle and then picked up a canvas shoulder bag and handed it to Jacob. "If you feel like you're gonna spew, try to do it over the side. If you can't, do it in that," he said, pointing at the bag. "What was that?" Darby asked glancing back. Jones shrugged, "Hugo's haversack. He left it in here yesterday,". Their laughter echoed, bouncing off the buildings on either side of the small street as they rolled along in the direction of the docks.

Inside the bar, the rattled waiter finally came along with the fries Rem had ordered. Dr. M put out his cigarette and nodded his thanks. "Just bring me your, ah, special," he said, making the young man's job easier. He took another sip of his drink and pushed his glasses up. "Well, now that Mr. Markado has, eh, left the party, I wonder where we scared Sophie off to?" he chuckled in his awkward way.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
wonton bob

- Amman Spaceport -
- Docks -

"What the hell happened?" Bernard repeated angrily. Ignoring the two other men he turned to Fritz while amazingly not falling over with all the alcohol in his system.

"Maybe things just caught up and I've had my fill or maybe I realized that this is all pointless..after this war there'll just be another fought over the same reasons..it just doesn't matter to me anymore. After this I'm through." Bernard's demeanor quickly changed when Elizabeth started checking his injuries out. His bloodshot eyes should have revealed his state. "Sorry ma'am, if you must know I was just living it up during down-time and I just got rolled over..they didn't get much...not after ordering all that lobster anyway. Not to worry, I'm feeling no pain what-so-ever." he chuckles but winces at her slightest touch. "Wow, your hands are cold," he adds trying to cover up the brief moment of pain.
King Monkey

"Nah. Nobody else needs a ride. They're all too busy thinking up new mobile suits with squishable heads. Leave them to it. Besides, they might try to take some of my t-bones," Jacob answered the question even though Darby already made their decision.

Markado looked around at the sights for a little while, the flashing neon signs and flashily dressed people and the thumping music making only a small impact on his alcohol befogged brain. Then, slowly, his chin sunk down onto his chest and he started to snore softly. He swayed precariously as they made their way through the Lunar streets, leaning in the opposite direction from whatever way they were turning or leaning far back over the edge of the jeep when they took off from a stop light.

He jerked awake when the bag was thrust at him. "What? No! I'm awake. What do you want?" He took the bag from the officer and glared at first it, then him. "You're not the boss of me," he replied surlily, but he clutched the bag to his chest as his eyes blinked closed again.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Ashoka

-Amman Space Port-
-Docks-

Ash stood back watching the scene unfold and almost laughed when Bernard tried to cover up his pain when the young lady touched his arm.

"You really should embrace the pain instead of flinching away from it. It certianly helps in the long run!"

He turned to talk to Wales but couldn't keep his eyes off Elizabeth, so he ended up talking sideways to the other man:

"Yeah, I'm supposed to pilot a mobile suit against some pawns. Unfortunatly, this whole base/station thingy is set up in a VERY weird fashion, I can't make tails or heads of it. Are you part of the .... how did you pronounce it.... Balrumpur.... are you part of it's crew?"

-Docks-
-Balrumpur gangway-

Kou heard a bit of a disturbance down the way from him. But life had taught him that it was better not to stick his nose into things that weren't his concern. Besides, there wasn't a fight, no one was in trouble. He just leaned his back against a pillar, waiting. He didn't want to board yet, just see if any other pilots wandered by.
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Cowboy's Room-

Ms. Ashlyn poked her head slightly when the phone had rung, but the Commander allowed him to go. "Go ahead, Marvin. We're on our way out anyway.And call me Fritz," the last words coming a second later as they departed. Marvin merely nodded and turned toward the phone. The door closed as he picked up the handset and the small monitor clicked on.

There was a flash of static on the screen, with a similar burst over the phone, before Eddie's smiling face popped up. "Helllllll-ooh, Cooow-boooy!", he howled.

Marvin sighed and forced a smile. "Hi, Edward," he said in his own usual subdued voice.

The older man winced as if he was seriously hurt. "That's f***in' mean, man." Eddie's usual happy-go-lucky grin was instantly back. "Me and Jane are 'bout an come and get ya. Can ya be at the front end of elecar rental lot in, oh, 25 minutes?"

Marvin thought that over for a second. It would probably take him ten minutes or so to get up to the dock, another four or five from there to go to the rental racks. It ought to be longer than that to get from the apartment complex to the docks, but traffic shouldn't be too bad, and Eddie sped a lot. "Yeah, I'll be there," he said with a bob of his head.

Eckardy winked. "Alright, Marv. See ya there." And with another quick blast of duel static, the phone and video went off. Marvin replaced the handset, grabbed his wallet, cheap watch, and the keys to his own apartment, on the off chance he would go there, and left his room. He headed in the opposite direction of the Ashlyns, just to avoid the off chance or running into Fritz and... he still couldn't remember Mrs. Ashlyn's name.

Hamilton made it off the Dervish without running into anyone. He saw various people doing various things around the docks, but didn't bother to examine any of them in detail to see if he even recognized a single one. Cowboy managed to slip around everyone, other than a few Anaheim dock hands, and made it to an elevator that took up into the city. From there, it took him a few minutes before he made it to the car rental racks, which were half empty. Marvin found a bench, slumped down, and checked his watch. He was 11 minutes early, assuming Eddie was on time, which was totally up in the air. Marvin still wasn't totally comfortable about going out with Eddie and Jane, but he felt committed, and couldn't back out now. Marvin sighed once again, and settled in to wait.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Fritz Ashlyn

- Amman Spaceport -

- The Docks -

Elizabeth continued to check out Bernard's obvious bruises and scrapes while he angrily explained what had gone on earlier with the mugging. "Nothing worth dying for is pointless," she corrected, stepping back a bit. She gestured for him to look right and gently turned his head to examine his temple and ear. "Even if there is another war, the AEUG is doing the right thing. Don't forget that," she said quietly. Despite his rumpled state of inebriation and the thrashing he had taken, he seemed to be in one tenderized piece.

Fritz listened to Ash talk to Wales and Bernard's story, and absentmindedly reached for the pack of cigarettes that would normally be in his pocket. When he realized what he was doing, he blew out a breath and snapped his fingers. "You know, this section of the docks is laid out the same as most colonies. Are you an earthnoid?" he asked Ash, wondering about his comment on the layout of the spaceport. His eye was drawn to the large vehicle elevator as it began to descend. A military jeep and a couple of trucks were waiting to drive out into the area.

Once the elevator locked into place with a loud metallic clang, the jeep bumbled forward and made it's way towards the Dervish. After he had slurred and rambled on while taking in what little there was to see on the way to the port, Jacob had fallen asleep for the rest of the short trip. Darby pulled up to the small group of people close to the ship and turned off the jeep. "I think I found one of yours on the town, gentlemen. Might want to lock him up until you head out," he said as he climbed out. Jones got out on the other side and then poked at Jacob to get him to come around.

"Jacob?!" Elizabeth said, turning to look at the new arrival. Beyond the jeep, an elecar slowed down and stopped next to an empty container. The doors of the small vehicle swung open and Celeste and Celeine climbed out. They slowly made their way towards the tiny crowd that had formed near Bernard, and Celeste even appeared to be functioning on her own for the first time in days. She managed a very weak smile and pulled her jacket closer around her as they approached.

Fritz seemed slightly dumbfounded to see Jacob blind drunk, so he left his wife to that. "We found that pilot Nick kept asking about... Ed. At least next time we'll have an answer for him," Celeine said, crossing her arms. "You think there'll be a next time? I didn't take you for an optimist," Fritz said. "We can find him again," Celeste nodded. It was the first time Fritz had heard her speak since the battle's aftermath. He thought about it for a moment and then offered, "Well... if you do, I'm still a part of this,".

At the MP's jeep, Elizabeth helped Darby and Jones get Jacob out of the back seat. "Is he injured or just drunk?" she asked them, waving her hand to see if Markado would follow it with his eyes. Jones responded with a snort of a laugh, and Darby coughed, "Just drunk, ma'am. We picked him up outside a bar in town and recognized his unit patch,". "Well thank you for bringing him back safely. I've never s--" she thanked them, hesitating when she noticed that Michiko had also approached from the Dervish. "I've never seen him like this," she finished, looking back down at him.

"S-sir," Michiko spoke up, calling for Fritz' attention. He turned around to find her standing at attention, somehow still looking embarrassed and very much like she didn't want to be there. "What is it, Michi?" he asked, adding, "You don't have to do all that,". He waved his hand indicating she didn't need to be at attention. She glanced in Elizabeth's direction for the briefest of moments and then answered, "Fritz, I've got the new roster...". She held out a copy of the orders that had been sent out by Capt. Abbey.

"So Team 1 is all here..." Fritz sighed, reading the new list of pilots. Teams 1 and 3 had been combined. "Yes, sir," Michiko said quietly. She noticed the box of belongings from Jim and Pan's rooms and closed her eyes. At Darby's jeep, Celeste walked over and crouched down next to Jacob who had been sat down against the vehicle's back wheel for his own good. "Jacob... what did you do?" she murmured, placing a hand on his cheek.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

blind_dead_mcjones

--Amman space port--
-docks-

"Yeah, I'm supposed to pilot a mobile suit against some pawns. Unfortunatly, this whole base/station thingy is set up in a VERY weird fashion, I can't make tails or heads of it. Are you part of the .... how did you pronounce it.... Balrumpur.... are you part of it's crew?"

wales pulled a folded sheet of paper out of one of his pockets and looked it. "according to this transfer sheet i am." he then turned to fritz

"i'm a replacement. and i was just on my way over there. just seeing if this guy" he gestured to ash "needed help, not that i blame him for getting lost, these ships all look alike." wales stopped and took a look around noticing that more and more people were conregating nearby. immediately noticing jacob from earlier as he slept inside the MP's jeep

"hey, that was the guy who nearly started a brawl at..what's it called..'chapmans'" he cried out, "he was ranting and carrying on...something about..squished heads..and mobile suits..or something......" he trailed off when he got a look at one of the three female newcommers, focusing spomewhat on the one fritz had adressed as michi.
Flag Fighter for life!
hellbore

- Amman Space Dock -

- Dervish Entry -

Adam had manged to pack up his stuff in fairly short order, not having all that much stuff to begin with. Managing to stuff all off it into a single duffel bag and was walking along the higher levels of the dock that led to the main airlock of the Dervish. The 4th's flagships was in many ways much more impressive than the much more common Salamis' and were, in a way, a testament to the AEUG's dedication to their cause. Still, a new ship was not really what he wanted, even if it was a pretty ship. It meant trying to find a new place for himself, and with a much larger crew it would be that much more difficult. Still, he consoled himself with the fact that he wasn't the only one getting shuffled.

Reaching the airlock, Adam was stopped by an MP, and duly flashed his papers and was let through. In some ways, the AEUG was confusing in it's organization. Made up of many ex-military personnel, many of the customs of the armed forces were continued which was odd for a civilian sponsored resistance group but because of that, military discipline was rather slack, as long as one didn't make trouble. Still now he was faced with a choice, where to go now?
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
King Monkey

- Amman Spaceport -

- The Docks -

"Wha!? I'm not sleepin'! Stop poking me!" Jacob declared as he jerked awake at Jones' poking. The motion was so dramatic and abrupt that he unbalanced himself. Now, in front of everyone, he actually did fall out of the back of the jeep. Between the two MP's and Elizabeth, they managed to catch him before he hurt himself.

"That's me!" Jacob declared when Elizabeth called his name, his glare turning into a grin. "Hi, Mrs. Ashlyn," he continued waving back to her. His eyes most definitely did not follow her motions in the proper manner and they were quite dilated. "Did you come to be a pilot? Be careful, the bad guys will squish you if they can."

He swayed unsteadily until they sat him down. He looked around slowly, blinking heavily and often as he tried to decipher everything that was going on. Fortunately, he was too out of it to understand what they meant as they discussed the new Team assignments.

"Hey! Celeste. These guys are going to take me to get steak. Do you want to go get some steak too? Hey guys. Guys. Guys! Guys. Hey guys. Hey. Hey guys. Can Celeste come with us to get steaks? I know she's only got one eye," he squints the wrong one closed and points at it to demonstrate. "But it's a good eye and one good eye is worth two in the hand. Or something."

His gaze then focused on Wales...sort of. "I didn't start now bra. I don't even know how to make bras. That's just silly."

wonton bob

- Amman Spaceport -
- Docks -

After the brief check-up from Fritz's girl Bernard had little to do but watch the circus unfold before his eyes. He recognized Michiko right away except the light in her eyes were now gone which sadden him but sobered up a bit when he laid his eyes on Markado. "..Little Jacob.." he murmured sadly.

was it that long ago that all of us were smiling. Seems like we're all suffering. Righteous cause or not what's the final toll when all this is over..

"Yep, a regular block party over here," he sarcastically says to himself. Bernard's mood does lift when he sees two other women approach, actually it was Celeste's small smile that caught his eye and made him blush if at all noticeable. He gave a slight nod in her direction and observed her appearance. It was the color of her hair that made her look angelic and almost frail which made Bernard back away feeling ashamed that he wasn't of the same caliber. But it was when Jacob started rambling about personal matters that he decided to step up and defend her from the little drunkard.

"We all got scars you little nugget head. Most times you can't see 'em but the ones you do see remind you of who you are and where..." Bernard pauses for a moment and realizes why he joined AEUG and angrily dismisses himself, " Screw this. Give that kid some coffee will ya."
Frustrated he turns and walks back to the Hamburg muttering to himself, " I fought for Independence once and it was a farce..I just hope that this is worth it."