Episode 22 - Capitalize [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 22 - Capitalize [4th]

ZETA GUNDAM: TALES FROM THE FRONTLINES - THE AEUG

"Whether in the afterlife, or somewhere else, the soul that once inhabited this shell is probably not at peace.

Further out, there is a blue-green planet where intelligent life has evolved.

There, humans bear and raise children. Too often, they grow arrogant, and take the gift of life for granted..."

ARC 5 -- GRYPS

~January 21, Universal Century 0088~
~13:08 Coordinated Universal Time~

- Amman Spaceport -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

Capt. Abbey stood at the bridge windows watching as the mixed civilian and AEUG ground crew finished the remaining menial work at the end of the fleet's docking sequence. The 4th Squadron had touched down roughly 40 minutes earlier, and the port's gangplanks were just starting to be rolled up to the Dervish and the other AEUG ships. The cost in men and machines that the AEUG had paid to destroy the Gate of Zedan still weighed heavy on his conscience after nearly 3 days of quiet travel. On paper, the toll the strike had taken on the 4th wasn't as grave as the battles in Hatte, but for some reason it got to him more. He frowned, feeling every year of his age in his joints as he shifted his weight in the lunar gravity. Over the years he'd learned through unpleasant experience that fighting a battle was easy- dealing with the aftermath was the hard part. Maybe after all this was over he'd finally retire.

"Captain, control confirms all docking operations are complete. The fleet is on standby for orders,".

Abbey turned and nodded to Fritz, who was facing him from near Wade's helm station. Back in an old set of Federal tans, Fritz had returned to duty as a bridge officer in the wake of Lt. Barrique's murder and the partial destruction of his Rick Dias. The captain sighed and then ordered, "Prepare all mechanical crews for a 24-hour turnaround to complete essential repairs and maintenance for the ships. All nonessential personnel will be released on a 48-hour pass as of 1500 hours,". He looked back to the windows and shook his head, "2 days isn't enough rest, but we've got a hell of a lot to do in the next week,". Fritz nodded and moved over to Jane to relay the orders. "Duty rotation 3," the captain spoke up to add, looking over his shoulder, "That means you too, Fritz,".

"I guess that makes me nonessential," Fritz chuckled tiredly as he called up the appropriate orders. Jane smiled and said, "You should be at home, sir. Enjoy your downtime,". "You know..." Capt. Abbey mused without turning around, "Carl is a good name for a boy,". Fritz laughed and said, "I'll keep that in mind, sir," as he picked up his hat and headed for the door. Jane picked up her headset and looked over the sheets handed to her before switching to a fleetwide announcement frequency. "Attention all personnel - as of 1500 hours, all nonessential crew per duty rotation 3 are released on a 48 hour pass. Repeat - as of 1500 hours, all nonessential crew per duty rotation 3 are released on a 48 hour pass,".

"Yay! Hooray!" Filmore sarcastically deadpanned as he rose from his seat to head for the communications station. Once Jane finished reading more of the minor orders and the notice to the mechanics, she took her headset off and stood up so that Hayes could take over. She teased him as she brushed her uniform off, "Don't worry, you'll be off in 8 hours!". "Yeah, yeah," Filmore mumbled as he sat down. One of the lights on the control board began to blink, and he announced, "Collect call for Capt. Abbey," as he put on the headset and settled in. "Bring it up," the captain said, gesturing up at the main screen as he walked back to a position in front of his command chair.

"Capt. Abbey!" Gates blurted as soon as he appeared on the monitors, "The operation was successful!". Abbey removed his hat and fanned himself with it, taking a moment to compose himself after the shock of Gates not asking about his expensive equipment first. "Uh, yes. We did our job at Zedan, Maximilian. It wasn't pretty, but that rock is useless to the Titans now," the captain said. Gates smiled and rubbed his hands together, "Good, good. Zeon played ball with us this time but there's more going on, Carl. There's a meeting called at 1900 hours - I'll have one of my drivers pick you up. This one is big, captain, I can feel it. I talked to Wong and Branson and most of the big players are in on this. Anaheim is sending big-time reps to it too,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
hellbore

Re: Episode 22 - Capitalize [4th]

- Amman Spaceport -

- The Hamburg -
- Mobile Suit Deck -

"-Repeat - as of 1500 hours, all non-essential crew per duty rotation 3 are released on a 48 hour pass."

Looking up from their work, the reaction was split into two groups; those on leave, and those who had missed out. Finding themselves on the good side of this divide, Randy Emington and Adam Trask shared a bemused look. Both pilots had been helping service one of the more damaged of the four Nemos the ship held. Stepping aside, Adam offered hand was taken and Randy scrambled out of the green mobile suit's downward opening cockpit hatch.

“Thanks, man,” Randy said as he righted himself. “Guess you’ll be heading out into the city then.”

“Maybe for a bit,” Adam replied, “I got no real reason to spend time in Amman other than to get out of the ship for a bit.” He paused, and then asked, “What about you? Not going out?”

“Nah, I got something I want to take care of first.”

Adam didn’t question any further as the two made their way towards the ready room to change out of their sweaty and stained maintenance gear.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Ready Room 2-

Eckardy almost sprinted into the ready room. The idea of leave was great, and while Eckardy forgot who was stuck on duty, he knew he wasn't, and neither was Jane, and that was really all that mattered to him. A 48 hour pass was just what he needed, and if the past was any indication, that would hopefully be extended longer. Repairs always took longer than expected, getting supplies and all that crap did too. Eckardy wanted to be in port for his birthday.

Marvin was there, hand writing a letter, several cigarettes in an ashtray next to him. He didn't even look up. "How's Ian?", the voice had no emotion at all.

Eddie frowned. Marvin had gone down once to see their teammate. He'd been there for all of two minutes, just to find Ian knocked out on painkillers, and hadn't gone back. Eckardy had gone down there every few hours to check on the older man who, other than a handful of brief minutes between doses of medication, had been kept asleep. The Dervish had a good medical crew and facilities, but Ian needed special care and treatment at this point. "Doc said he'll survive. Their sending him to some hospital, so he'll be off the ship pretty soon. He was awake for a few minutes before they knocked him out again to move him." Marvin grunted at that. Eddie shurgged and moved to his locked and began to stuff some items into a duffle bag for his trip back into the city. "Yeah, he said he wanted to talk to you when you get the chance. The doc or the captain or somebody ought to be able to find out where they are sending him..."

"Alright." Marvin said faintly, still no emotion at all in the younger mans voice, not looking up from the letter, if if it even was that, Eddie now wondered. Ian hadn't said to Eddie why he wanted to talk to Cowboy, but Eckardy knew. Greydon was worried about the way the kid had changed since they had met, oh so many months ago. Eckardy had seen it too, but in large part, brushed it off as Cowboy coping with everything. Yeah, he'd become darker and quieter and all that crap, but Eckardy had seen that in soldiers before, and those guys usually ended up alright. Some leave would help the kid. Maybe Eddie and Jane could drag him to a movie or something...

Eckardy sighed to himself and checked his locker, making sure he had the various silly shirts and books and personal items he wanted to swap with others he had at his apartment in the city. Satisfied, he zipped the bag and waved to Marvin. "See ya in town, Cowboy", getting only a grunt in return as he left the room to meet Jane.

==================================================================

-Sick Bay-

Ian was asleep again. He needed to be. Moving him probably would hurt, had he been awake, or not heavily dosed on various pain medications, which not only did that but kept him asleep, which would make him easier to move for orderlies.

As soon as the Dervish had been down in the port, and gangplanks attached to the ship, a team from one of the hospitals in Amman that quietly handled AEUG casualties had come aboard, as they would be doing at other ships. Lieutenant Greydon, being the most badly wounded of those on the Dervish, would be the first out. Less than ten minutes after the Dervish was down, right as it was announced that some of the crew would be getting leave, Ian Greydon was being carried down to the dock on a stretcher, headed for an ambulance that would take him, and other major cases from other ships from the 4th, and other units in the dock, away. Less then five minutes after that, the ambulance was on its way into the city.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
EZero8

-Dervish-

Wes watched as the ambulance sped away from the port. He had visited Ian a few times, but most of them were when the man was out cold from the medications. There was nothing Wes could do but hang around for a bit; it was the least he could've done as a teammate. Curren couldn't help but wonder though what Ian would be doing from now on. It was difficult to imagine an old war vet sitting behind a desk clocking in and out of work.

Afterwards, Wes headed back to Ready Room 2 to pick up his things in preparation for leave. He arrived just in time to pass Eddy running down the hall in the opposite direction. He gave a quick nod to greet his CO before heading into the room.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
hellbore

- Amman Spaceport -

- Adam Trask -

Adam checked in with the AEUG marines guarding the dock as he made his way into the city. His main reason for going out he had kept to himself. It was the day after his birthday, and he was going out to celebrate privately. It was something he had done as often as he could since he'd turned sixteen. Taking one of the electric cars, he headed into the city.

- The Hamburg -

- Randy Emington -

While Adam headed out, Randy headed in. He had been putting this off for as long as he could, but he could no longer keep doing that. Walking to the crew quarter, he walked up to the door, squared his shoulders, took a deep breath and pressed the buzzer, and called out, "Bernard, I'm coming in. We need to talk," and key the door open.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
wonton bob

OOC: not sure if the promoton in rank took place yet, therefore the "sir" greeting

- The Hamburg -

Bernard was adjusting the top of his collar when he heard Emington speak. He looked at himself in the mirror, just clean shaved he could have passed for "functioning", but it will do. He never thought he would ever wear a federation uniform, it was given to him when he first signed up to wear in neutral ports so as not to upset any Titans in the area but left in a corner for months never expecting to wear the thing. But in order to get what he needs the uniform must be worn. A quick look at his watch he continues to get ready.

"Bernard, I'm coming in. We need to talk,"

Pulling his jacket with the federal cap under his arm, Bernard turns to face his visitor, "Sir, How can I help you?"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
hellbore

- The Hamburg -

Noting the Federation uniform Bernard was wearing, Randy said, "I'm just here to make your you're alright. I'm just worried about how you were acting after Zedan. You're in my team, and I want to know if there is anything wrong."

As he finished, he couldn't help looking Bernard up and down, the novelty of him in a Federation uniform not yet worn off. Most interesting to himself was the way the uniform's high collar hid the man's scars. Suddenly he became curious of why he was wearing it, for the first time since they'd been on the ship together, but kept his mouth shut.
wonton bob

- The Hamburg -

"I'm just here to make your you're alright. I'm just worried about how you were acting after Zedan. You're in my team, and I want to know if there is anything wrong."

Bernard looked at Randy almost disbelieving what he's hearing. All these months serving together and this is the first time Randy came to talk about feelings. He wanted to open up right there and let him have it about some of his choices as C.O. Especially his suicide run at the Alexandria which led to Jeriden's death. Bernard had been in suicide runs before but the difference was that he knew he wasn't coming back, Kai didn't. But Bernard didn't have the time right now it was getting late. "Well, as you see I'm quite all right. We all cope with things in our own way. I hate to think you're using up shore leave to check up on me."
Bernard checks himself in the mirror once more before walking toward the door. "If you really want to chat someone up then go see Al..he's not the same kid as before.." Sadly looking at Randy, he bids his adieu "If you would excuse me sir, I have someplace to be."
ScornMandark

Dervish
- MS Hangar -

Rem sighed as he pulled together a satchel. He had 48 hours to do laundry, clean his apartment, check in with AE, update his simulator compiler, work with Dr. M on the potential specs of the next round of upgrades, try to accommodate for new enemy units encountered at The Gate, and find time to sleep a bit. Not exactly looking promising. He thought back to about 2 days ago.

Rem stepped into the hallway from his quarters and nearly ran over Ens. Coggs. "Oh! Hi, Sophie. Umm..." 12 hours of sleep had done wonders for his mental health. Unfortunately, his anxiety, previously submerged by the confidence from sleep deprivation, was back at the forefront so his nerves were a little tightly wound.

He tried again. "I'm not sure what duty rotation you're going to be on, but if you want to go...I don't know, take a walk or see a movie or something..." He dug into his pocket and handed her a scrap of heat-tranfer paper with a portion of data analysis on one side. On the back, he had written his portable phone number and his office line. "I know it's your leave and you don't get much, but call me if you get some time." Rem smiled at her as Dr. M caught up with him and began dragging him off to the nearest conference room for the next round of calculations....

Rem looked around for the Ensign as he was walking towards the gangway. He didn't see her or the Doctor, so he started heading down the ramp. The Doc had mentioned a meeting with a bunch of the AEUG and some of the AE higher-ups, but hadn't mentioned whether he was going or not.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
hellbore

- Randy Emington -

Smart enough to know a dismissal when he heard one, Randy stepped aside as Bernard passed. Now he felt like he had done something wrong, but he didn't know what. In fact, he found that he didn't really care. He pulled the shade out of his jacket pocket and slipped them on, intent on heading out into the lunar city.

As he reached the elevator, what Bernard had said came back to him. If you really want to chat someone up then go see Al..he's not the same kid as before... He sighed and called for the elevator, and when it came, he pressed the level where the infirmary was.

- Adam Trask -

Arriving in the city centre, this time without incident, Adam quietly found a small café, ordered himself a latte macchiato and sat back, pulling out a novel, and flipped it open, and begun reading. This was heaven.
mcred23

-The Dervish-

Eckardy sprinted down the hall, passing Wes, who nodded. Eckardy mumbled "Hey", but did not break stride. He dashed to his room, where Eddie changed out of his Federal-style uniform into civilian clothing, namely jeans, a t-shirt, and a light jacket. Amman, like every colony and lunar city Eckardy had ever been to or heard of, had it as winter at this time of the year, as it was in the Northern hemisphere of Earth. Amman was usually pretty mild as far as weather, at least compared to some of the colonies, who went above and beyond to provide realistic conditions, and the parts of Europe that Eddie had seen during the war, but he hadn't had the time to get a weather schedule. Double checking to be sure he had what he wanted and needed, Eckardy left the Dervish without running into anyone else. He met Jane at the dock, and together they set off into Amman. First they had to go do some minor shopping, Eddie needed his cigarettes and junk food that the AEUG didn't provide, and then he had to make some calls to find out where Ian was. Plus, maybe call Cowboy out to get some air, if not go back to the ship and drag him out. Both were looking forward to a few days of being almost normal.

==================================================================

-Ready Room 2-

Marvin noticed Wes enter the room out of the corner of his eye, but gave no sign of this.
The only few movements Hamilton made were related to writing and smoking. Otherwise, one might have mistaken him for a statue.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Fritz Ashlyn

- Amman Spaceport -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

Abbey had just returned to the bridge in a clean uniform when Drew, one of the backup operators, notified him that Sir Gates' car had arrived and was waiting at the docks below. "Has André made it over yet?" he asked, closing up his EFSF jacket's high collar. Filmore leaned back in his seat and nodded, "Yessir. Came aboard a couple of minutes ago - he should be up here pretty soon,". Abbey nodded at the answer and studied his reflection in the bridge window as he put on his hat. "Who is that old man?" he sighed quietly, shaking his head with a chuckle. He turned and shrugged, "Well, I'll probably pass him on--". "Jesus, Carl," Loweno huffed as he strode through the bridge doors, "I got a workout just walking across this bastard,". He brushed his uniform down and came to an approximation of attention. "Cmdr. André Loweno, reporting as requested, sir," he grinned, giving a mini salute at the wrist.

"Well," Abbey said with a smile, drawing himself up, "Normally you know the AEUG would never trust you with a ship this valuable... or dangerous, but for now I'm leaving you in command,". Loweno nodded and replied mock-gravely, "I'll make every attempt to avoid destroying the docks, sir. ...No promises,". Abbey headed for the door and added, "I don't know how long this meeting is supposed to take, so remember to change to duty rotation 4. And if Anaheim delivers anything just have them sign it over to Sager so they can continue repairs,". Loweno called out, "Yes, sir," as Abbey passed through the door and headed down the hallway. Once the captain was gone, he turned and strode over to the captain's chair and hopped in. After settling in and looking over his surroundings, he drummed his fingers on the armrests and said, "I wouldn't mind swapping for one of these. But that green is awful,".

- Hallway -

Fritz was on his way off the ship after retrieving a small bag from his quarters when someone called for his attention near the lifts. "Fritz..." Celeine said again, stepping out from one of the other rooms, "Do you have a second?". He pulled the pack up onto his shoulder and nodded, "Sure. What is it?". Celeine's standoffish attitude towards him had softened further in the aftermath of the battle at the Gate of Zedan while they had worked together to comfort Celeste and figure out where they were with Nick, and she had finally cleaned up and rejoined civilization. She crossed her arms and said, "I want you to help me find that pilot Nick keeps asking about. Edward Rigney. What hospital was he sent to?". Fritz frowned slightly at the question.

Since Ed was involved with AEUG combat casualties and was technically a prisoner, he had been sent to the larger of the two hospitals in Amman that had an agreement with them. Fritz turned back to face the lift doors as he waited and answered, "Mercy Medical Center. You probably just missed a ride, too. They took Ian off the ship earlier,". Celeine made a sound of disappointment and then hesitated as she turned to walk away. "Isn't that the hospital your wife works at?" she asked, looking back over her shoulder. The lift doors slid open and as Fritz stepped inside, he nodded, "Yeah. I'll talk to her about it,".

- Docks -

Capt. Guanche shifted his weight, getting used to standing under his own power again as he waited for Capt. Abbey. In his left hand he carried a small leather attaché case that contained various important papers from the fleet that were to be handed over at the meeting with the AEUG high command. The car sent by Gates had arrived a few minutes earlier, and the driver was leaning against it talking loudly on a portable phone. Guanche nodded to one of the Federation soldiers that was patrolling the dock area alongside a pair of AEUG marines as Abbey began to make his way down the gangplank attached to the Dervish. "It looks like we've been discovered, Chris," Abbey chuckled, nodding in the direction of the Federal officer. Guanche smiled slightly and said, "We don't have much to worry about from the Earth Federation any more, but I suppose it's too late in the war to consider changing our name,".

Abbey gestured towards the car, and Capt. Guanche opened the rear door and climbed in. As Abbey entered and the driver started the vehicle up, Guanche set the case between them and pulled it open. "Our personnel and supply requests are here, as well as the 4th's official reports and updated records. If Wong Lee and the others are asking for everyone's report cards and roll sheets like this, I assume we'll be moving against the Titans' main fleet," Guanche surmised, pulling out one of the reports. The car snaked through the activity at the dock and pulled out onto an industrial road as Abbey thumbed through the small stack of papers. "We took Zedan away from them. Now I figure it's time to corner Jamitov and Bask somewhere dramatic and take care of business in one go," Abbey muttered as he read one of the rosters.

"It'll have to be Gryps," Guanche said, cleaning his glasses, "They haven't got much else left,". Abbey blew out a breath and let his hands drop into his lap. "The Gate of Zedan was a damn walkthrough compared to what'll go on if we sail into Gryps. We have to do something about that laser they've rigged up or it'll be over before it starts," he clucked, shaking his head. Guanche nodded and said, "I would assume that'll be addressed in the meeting,". Abbey put the papers back in the case and closed it up as the car pulled onto one of the larger roads. "Well, regardless of what gets decided today, you can bet the 4th will be put out there in the front with the Argama and the Radish. We're the biggest concentrated combat unit the AEUG's got left."

Back at the docks, Fritz was headed down the gangplank when he spotted a surprise waiting for him. Away from the flurry of activity near the ship was his very pregnant wife, surprisingly still in her scrubs. As he descended, the grin on his face turned to confusion when he noticed that she was talking to a girl with familiar bright red hair. He brightened up again though when Elizabeth noticed him coming, and he waved to her as he made his way through a throng of workers moving equipment out of the ship. Before he was close enough to hear their conversation over the noise, Michiko excused herself and quickly walked away. They had only seen each other a couple of times since what had happened after the battle, and she still looked like she had the same sad, distant look on her face.

"Liese!" Fritz called out, dropping his bag to embrace her, "How did you make it here so fast?". She wiped her eyes and smiled, stepping back to look him over. "I rode here in the ambulance that came for Lt. Greydon when I heard the 4th was landing," she explained, hugging him again. Fritz gently placed a hand on her stomach and said quietly, sounding disappointed, "They only gave us a 48-hour pass this time. Something big is coming up,". Her shoulders drooped and she shook her head, "I don't know how much longer I can take this...". Fritz kissed her on the forehead and then stooped down to pick up his bag. "Come on," he said, trying to change the subject, "Let's go home,". They began to walk together towards the elecar stand outside the docks.

At the ramp, Dr. M was pacing back and forth talking to the local Anaheim branch office on a bulky cell phone. "Well, ja," he said, nodding exaggeratedly, "There were some, eh, unforseen problems but otherwise--". He stopped when he saw Rem leaving the ship and exitedly waved for his attention. "No, rediculous," he scoffed into the phone, nodding to Rem as they approached each other, "Just have them put in, ah, a pair of shipping containers and bring them here,". His right hand balled into a tight fist and he shook it until it released its grip. "I don't have time to argue. Just back me up and get the, eh, order processed," he said, hanging up. He put the phone into his jacket pocket and said, "Rem! It turns out we are not invited to that little party. I don't like meetings anyway. Let's go get a drink,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
ScornMandark

Amman
- Dervish Hangar -

Rem caught sight of the Doctor waving his hand excitedly at him and headed back up the gangway. The doctor was finishing a conversation on his portable phone and ordering something shipped anyways. That was Dr. M for ya. He grinned as he shook his head and leaned against the railing.

"Rem! It turns out we are not invited to that little party. I don't like meetings anyway. Let's go get a drink." The Doctor seemed in high spirits, and not over a mobile suit. Or maybe it was from the phone call? Regardless, Rem was not about to say no.

"Absolutely! I could certainly use one..." He shifted his satchel on his shoulder. "Any place in mind? or the first one in town?" Rem had gone out with colleagues fairly frequently over the last few years, and he had no particular preference to the bars. Of course, he never drank very heavily, so that might have been part of it...
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
The Loser Villain

- Amman Spaceport -

Docks

Sophie Coggs

Sophie was still on light duty due to her injury, so she was given the 48 hour pass as soon as they were announced. Deep down she knew that on her return to the ship it wouldn't be long till they cleared her for flight duty. After all, the Dervish was understrength and they'd need to fill the gaps. It bothered her that she though of those injured and killed as 'gaps', but it was just one of those things a pilot had to put out of there mind.

Recalling her encounter with Rem two days prior she fished the piece of paper he'd given her out of her right hip pocket. "Hmmm," she thought about it for a moment and then made her way to her quarters to fetch some personal items. Unlike many of the crew on board, Sophie didn't have a residence in the city. So she didn't need to take much.

When she entered her quarters she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror and felt the need to change out of her boring tan EF uniform. Putting on a light purple blouse and a pair of jeans with some comfortable sneakers she felt a lot more relaxed. Grabbing her mobile phone and some cash, she headed for the dock.

Personal were already walking up and down the gangway and as she was able to recognize a voice once closer.

"Absolutely! I could certainly use one...Any place in mind? or the first one in town?"

"Mind if I come along?" Sophie said behind Rem, "Or is this a business drink?"

Terrace Manosk

Meanwhile on the other end of the docks, Terrace was walking towards the motor pool to take out an elecar for a trip into the city. This was his first time in Amman, so he wasn't sure where he was going. All he new was that he needed to clear his head and see something other the the ships interior.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Sume Gai

-'Rick' Archer-

Rick had, in his usual manner, left the Balrampur dressed in civilian clothing, he had no meetings or particular plans. Rick had, during his time with Anahiem, visited Amman a few times, though those had been visits had been business trips. Rick knew a place he could stay during the brief respite, a place he could be alone. It was then Rick noticed a black haired girl dart around a corner.

Rick nearly dropped the small bag that hung over his left shoulder. 'Could that have been?' Pushing a passer by aside Rick took off at a run, around the corner just in time to see his quarry's back vanish down a side alley. Squeezing through a group of teenagers Rick made to follow. As Rick rounded the comer the back disappeared down the next street over. Rick sped up, chasing after her.

---------July 0087---------

Rick moved carefully through the narrow alleyways of a lunar city. stealthily following a black-haired, green-eyed, girl of about 16. He admittedly felt dishonest about this but she'd refused to tell him where she was going night after night. This was the only way.

Rick glanced gingerly around the corner. There, his arm around the young girl, was a young man in the unmistakable uniform of a Titan; even as he laughed jovially and escorted his giggling charge into a nearby bar, the man seemed to exude an air of superiority. Even half-expecting this, Rick felt a sudden and intense dislike of the man who had his arm around the younger girl.

The two managed to get inside the bar before Rick could do anything. Probably for the best, as instead of going up to the man and punching his smug face in Rick was forced to sneak quietly into the bar after them...

----------Present----------

As Rick exited the alley he stopped and began to frantically scan the crowded street. Bitterly He realized the person he'd been chasing had escaped. Rick's shoulders dropped. and the small sack slipped off. Had it really been her? Rick might never know. "...Lilly..." Rick mumbled a single word before reluctantly composing himself and disappointingly moving on.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Fritz Ashlyn

- Amman -

- Business District -

When their car had pulled up to a nondescript office building, Abbey and Guanche were greeted personally by Gates and a man with AEUG and Anaheim Electronics lapel pins that they didn't recognize. "Carl, Christopher," Maximilian nodded with a genuine smile, shaking the officers' hands, "Good to have you back in one piece,". He held a hand out in the direction of the other man and introduced him, "This is Dexter Walton, an associate of mine from Earth,". Walton smiled and shook their hands, commenting, "Hell of a job at the Gate of Zedan, gentlemen,". The two captains from the 4th nodded and Abbey said, "Thank you, but I think the Argama and Axis took care of most of it,". "Don't sell yourselves short," Gates said, holding the door of the building for the other three men.

As they entered, they walked through one normal looking room of cubicles and passed into a rear area of the office where an officer in an EFSF uniform was sitting at a desk. "Through the back," he said, barely looking up from his newspaper as he buzzed them through the door behind him. As they moved through and down a hallway, Gates spoke up in a softer voice and said, "Carl, I pulled some strings after they twisted my arm and reassigned the Chuikov - she was reassigned to a small patrol unit that's sponsored by Dex here,". Despite Abbey's look of pleasant surprise, Gates' visage darkened and he continued, "I thought I should be the one to tell you... we lost contact with Capt. Dombrowski and the Chuikov near earth orbit,".

Abbey slowed to a stop and the blood drained from his face. "Now understand that we didn't confirm the loss, Carl. We don't know where the Chuikov went. Dex and the rest of his fleet couldn't locate Dombrowski but they couldn't find wreckage either," Gates explained in a hushed tone. "Damn it," Abbey muttered, his hands balling into fists. The two sponsores shared glances and Walton cleared his throat to say, "Sorry to dump this in your lap right before the meeting, captain,". "Let's get on with this," Abbey grumbled, motioning towards the door at the end of the hall.

- Docks -

"Absolutely! I could certainly use one... Any place in mind? or the first one in town?" Rem answered, shifting the satchel's weight on his shoulder. "Mind if I come along?" Sophie said behind Rem, "Or is this a business drink?". Dr. M smiled, "Ens. Coggs! You're more, eh, more than welcome to join us. There is a decent establishment a couple of kilometers from here,". He turned to head for the elecar stand outside the docks, and his large brick phone began to jingle again as the trio left the military zone. "Ah, ja, hello?" he said, plugging his other ear with a finger to keep out the noise of machinery. He listened for a few moments and then nodded enthusiastically, "Good! Yes, do it as soon as possible. I told you if you pressed they would, eh, get things moving,". He listened some more and nearly tripped at what he was told. "Two? My, yes! Send both!".

- The Dervish -
- Hallway -

Celeine made her way back into the crew quarters after speaking to Fritz and stopping by the bridge to get advice on the hospital's location. As she walked down the hallway where the pilots' cabins were located, she slowed down and stopped outside Celeste's room. If she could get a chance at fixing the last thing that kept them from reaching Nick, Celeste would have to be part of it. She couldn't fly a mobile suit to find him, and she didn't want to rely on Fritz. She stepped closer to the door of Celeste's quarters and thought about it for a moment before pressing the chime. "Celeste? It's Celeine. I think I know where to find Ed Rigney,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Attomoku

Dr. Proud

Doc Proud had been busy once aboard the Dervish. She had quickly gone around and gotten detailed accounts of the incident with Pan from the crew, and had had Uncle Branson shake the tree until she received a version of Pans file from the Stardust Incident that wasn't just 27 pages of nothing but black bars inter-spaced with conjunctions. Four incidents of friendly fire, 236 counts of manslaughter. Ashley figured that the friendly fire incident at Zedan had set something off and he might have had either a confrontation with Barrique or perhaps a psychotic episode. Barrique simply being the unlucky target of Pan's violence which resulted in his death and Pan fled back into Zedan airspace and probably to his own demise, though whether out of atonement or and attempt to flee from the crime she couldn't tell.
She even had a nice conversation with Filmore on his down time, who as far as she could tell was on the level and had very little aspiration to join back with the Zeonic cause. She had even visited Ian though he was unconscious and made a note on his chart saying that all psychiatric care should be handled by her or her office once he was
able to remain conscious.
Ashley forwarded her conclusions about Pan, Filmore, Ian, and other less essential former Zeons she had met to Uncle Branson for the upcoming meeting and had tried to stay out from under foot while the ship docked. She was heading down the hallway to see a Celeste Angelina who was starting to show some distressing signs of PTSD like locking herself in her room, when she heard a voice outside Celeste's door from around the corner.
"Celeste? It's Celeine. I think I know where to find Ed Rigney."
"Hmm.." she though to herself, "Celeine, Celeine, I'm not quite sure who she is?"
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
wonton bob

- Amman -
- Docks -

Bernard leaves a cargo ship with a wrapped package under his arm, a cold sweat runs down the side of his face. Anxiety is the least of his problems, he would take a peaceful night's sleep over being jumpy all day.
The guards look on but assume he's one of the crew and continue their conversation. Bernard quickly walks away holding what he believes is the answer to his sleepless nights and would also help him focus. It's been hard trying to keep it together and now others mights be aware that somethings wrong.
This cold have been done the last time he was at Amman but ran into Michiko and Jacob instead; it was then when he attained the information from an unethical doctor serving on that ship. Unbuttoning his collar, Bernard takes a deep breath as he walks back toward the Hamburg.
ScornMandark

Amman
Leaving Dock Area

Rem's curiosity was piqued. Two of what? His attention was getting divided again, though, and that was something he was trying really hard not to let happen around Sophie. He smiled at her as she joined them, really liking what he saw and trying not to be too obvious about it. Rem leaned towards her as the doctor chatted away on his phone, ostensibly to keep from interfering with the phone call. "I'm really glad you could come, Sophie." Not that the doctor could hear him over the noise in the docking area, but it sounded good in his head. Summarily stubbing his toe on a 2 inch raised platform clearly marked with yellow and black caution tape, he tried to hide the grimace. He really needed to watch where he was going, this wasn't helping anything.

He shook his head and grinned. "Have any particular place you like to go? The Doc and I have been through most of the joints around here."
Fritz Ashlyn

- Amman -

- Business District -

Abbey leaned back in the uncomfortable chair he was provided with and folded his arms as one of the investors he didn't know babbled on in a tangent that distracted from the main thrust of the meeting. Guanche sat to his right and Gates to his left at the huge meeting table hidden away in the cavernous back room of the building; he took off his hat and sat it in front of him and brushed his thinning hair back. He had scanned the people present when he arrived and recognized almost all of them - sponsors and other backers like Gates and Walton were well represented in addition to board members from Anaheim Electronics and other ship captains. Across from him was Capt. Manitei Mandena, and past Gates was "Uncle" Branson, one of the richer men present. One of Chairman Carbine's top assistants was lighting a cigar as the loudmouth investor was finally shutting up and letting the metting progress.

He rolled his eyes at the time wasting going on, but Wong Lee rose from his seat near the head of the table and spoke up authoritatively in his rasping voice, "Gentlemen," with a harsh but friendly nod in Manitei's direction he added, "Ladies. Back to the task at hand. We can discuss this other business afterward. For now it's imperative that we continue preparing for this Gryps 2 operation,". A man seated next to Wong produced a folder and flipped it open, and he spoke up, "As I said our estimates give us the 26th. We have to be ready and on the move by then,". One of the Anaheim executives cleared his throat and asked, "Isn't the Argama trying to cut a deal with Haman Karn again?". That bit surprised Abbey. He knew it had been hoping against hope that using Axis' help at the Gate of Zedan would be the last time they'd have to rely on the Zeon, but sending them back to negotiate so soon...?

- The Dervish -
- Hallway -

Celeine waited for a response from Celeste for nearly half a minute before she turned from the door with a disappointed huff and found Dr. Proud turning the corner towards her. Caro'd looked the doctor over and said, "If you're here to talk to Lt. Angelina, good luck,". She stepped back from Celeste's door as if to let Dr. Proud take a crack at it.

- Docks -

"They can't say no to me," Dr. M said with a triumphant smirk as he hung up and put his large phone away for a second time. He looked back to find Rem and Sophie still fairly close behind as the approached the car stand. While he dug in his pocket for a card that would allow them to take one of the elecars, he leaned closer to them and winked, "My, ah, friends at the local office finally finished the paperverk that will allow us to make use of Mr. Gates', eh, "test unit" clause,". He pulled out a plastic card and swiped it at the stand and pressed a button, and a cheery digitized female voice informed him the car in front was now disengaged from the stand's lock. He opened the large door on the side of the car and held his hand out to let the other two get in first. "They're sending us the Kanone Dias models we finished work on a week ago," he said, nearly ready to burst with excitement.

- Road, Near Residential District -

Fritz nearly ran the elecar off the road in surprise when Elizabeth told him why Michiko had approached her outside the ship. "She told you what happened?!" Fritz stammered, regaining control of the car and waving an apology to the people driving behind them. Elizabeth laughed, "You seem shocked to hear it. Didn't plan to tell me about it?". Fritz' face flushed crimson and he shook his head, "I was going to, but I didn't expect you to hear about it from her of all people,". Her smile turned a little more downcast and reflective and she said, "I feel sorry for her. She's got nobody, and she sounded so sad and embarrassed when she told me what she did...". Fritz let out a breath and his shoulders slumped a little. "So you're not mad at me," he said sheepishly, cutting his eyes in her direction. She sat silent for a second, and then punched him in the arm with a decent force behind it for a woman in her delicate condition. As Fritz sucked in a breath and rubbed his arm, she said playfully, "That's for the kiss,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots