Episode 21 - No Rest for the Wicked [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 21 - No Rest for the Wicked [TE]

((All Titans players, continue posting here.))

- Leaving Gate of Zedan Space -

- The Kirov -
- Bridge -

Something else had happened during one of the smaller impacts that sent a tremor running through the entire ship‘s frame, something Trent couldn’t see from his place on the bridge, that caused emergency systems to automatically kick in. The lights on the bridge switched over to angry red, and alarms began to sound at several of the operators’ stations. A few were silenced immediately by the quick work of Gojiro and Fyodor, but some of the blinking lights and alert tones continued to go off. “I’m not sure if this is right, sir,” Fyodor said as he reviewed data coming in, “Sensors along the base of the bridge tower report massive power failure and damage to several internal systems…”. Chief Kellman spoke up and explained, “Crew near the sub-bridge report a minor collision to the starboard decks aft of the hangar. It looks like it damaged the sensors and equipment there and they’re giving false readings,”.

The captain blew out a relieved breath he didn’t realize he had been holding. The image of the Ipswich being unceremoniously destroyed loomed large in his mind with every piece of rock that hurtled past the ship and every protective burst from the Kirov’s guns. He had to get the fleet completely out of danger. “Turn them off if it won’t cause problems,” he ordered, adding, “And get the lights back on,”. Kellman nodded and turned back to the crew to see the orders carried out. Twenty seconds and another near-miss later, the red glow of emergency status cut off and was replaced by the standard bridge lights. “The entirety of the taskforce should pass out of the main area of debris expansion in just under a minute,” Mortimer reported concisely as he continued to guide the Kirov away from the area. He adjusted one of his controls and observed, “The Dogosse Gier has accelerated, captain,”.

“They’re headed for Gryps,” he said, confirming the course correction that had wasted so much time for the bulk of the ships trying to evacuate. “And so are we,” Trent said, pointing out at the Titans flagship, “Set course for Gryps 1. We’re going back,”. Whatever was going on internally with the Titans it didn’t change the fact that Echo’s base of operations had just been destroyed, and as the leader of a fleet with dubious autonomous status it was up to him to get them to safety. He wasn’t sure he knew any place in earth or space that was safe for the Titans any longer, but Gryps and Luna II were obvious choices for relocation. Until they received orders that stated otherwise, Taskforce Echo would once again be operating out of the heart of the Titans’ dwindling holdings in space. Trent watched the distant image of the Dogosse Gier. If another order was handed down to him like the ones that had led to the genocides at 18th and 21st Bunch, would he obey them? He wasn’t sure if simply having Bask Om’s signature attached was enough for him to follow orders without question any longer.

Did that mean he was open to insubordination? Was that treason? The captain didn’t know. He knew in his heart that there were men under his command that were only holding back criticism of their highest superiors at Gryps out of fear. Maybe they were waiting for an opportunity to present itself, something that would allow them to alter the Titans’ course. Trent didn’t know if that opportunity would ever come. Someone with as much power and charisma as Bask and Jamitov would have to challenge the power structure, and he couldn’t envision anyone inside the organization that could gather and bring that sort of strength to bear. There were men like the late Commodore Ritter and Paptimus Scirocco that certainly had considerable clout, but they weren’t in a position to attempt what would amount to a coup d'état. Were they? He didn’t know what it would take, or what things would come down to… but he decided that he would be willing to listen. “I guess that makes me a traitor,” he thought. So be it.

“Damage control teams are moving to the damaged areas in the bow. Only 7 injuries reported so far during our withdrawal,” Fyodor announced, calling Trent back to his duties. “All things considered we’ve been lucky so far,” Mortimer grunted, shaking his head. If losing the Ipswich was lucky he didn’t want to know what unlucky was like. The screens displaying the wonton destruction going on closer to Zedan were enough to give him an idea.

- The Herakles -
- Bridge -

“The damned AEUG…” Capt. Berg grumbled as he maintained a death grip on his command chair. “Keep us moving! Divert power to the engines and weapons if you have to, we’re all in normal suits!” he commanded angrily as the ship continued to slip through the flying debris. Whatever it took, he vowed he would live to see the end of the AEUG. If it took a dozen uses of the colony laser and twice as many gas attacks, he would see it through to the end. The only comfort he found in their current situation was the idea that Bask Om was doubtlessly just as incensed. The Titans wouldn’t reel from this hit forever, and when they recovered the AEUG would be wise to lay low.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
wonton bob

Re: Episode 21 - No Rest for the Wicked [TE]

- The Kirov -
- Pilots Lounge -

The first wave of tremors that rumbled throughout the Kirov nearly had Jason defecate in his pants from the pain. With watery eyes his grip tightened on the table and thanking whoever had the bright idea of bolting the table to the floor. Jason's jaw was sore from clenching his teeth but that and the other crew's commotion all ceased when Jason heard Grace scream.
He immediately looked up and saw the terror in her eyes. Jason knew she was somewhere else looking through him at some unknown horrible nightmare lingering in her mind. In fact she was now gripping him tightly. The tears streaming down her cheeks was almost unbearable for him to watch. Jason's hand ran down from her arm to her hand slightly noticing her soft warm skin. Raising her hand up to eye level, he tried to arouse her from her torment and back to reality..back to him.
"Kelborn! I've got you! You're gonna be safe..I'm not letting you go!"

The shaking slowly stopped as the Kirov increased it's speed. The emergency lights suddenly cut out and the regular lights kicked in. Another rather large vibration hit the ship from a near-miss which made Jason wince once more. Still holding her hand, Jason focused on the warmth and the softness to keep his pain in check. Almost out of breath and with his head on the table he opened one eye to checked to see if Grace was all right.
"Are..you O.K.? .....cause I need you.... to drag me back to sickbay. *cough* "
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Xvlai

- Alexandria Class-Kirov, Safe Room –
- Beta Team –

Leaning in the corner of the safety room behind Wolf; Sven watched the exchange between Wolf and the senior pilot from the corner of his eye. Speaking in hurried Russian he understood nothing of it having never learned the language. He noticed Stukov gesture directly at him, but again made no sign of outward emotion. He knew enough of Stukov’s reputation to not be concerned about an outbreak of a fight. Stukov was mad, that was certain, but we was not as big a threat or insane as Nick, which made him much less of a threat. While he would never voice his opinion he privately felt that Stukov and Wolf contended for the best pilot in Taskforce Echo.

The chance for a fight never broke out; suddenly the Kirov was wracked with shudders as it was pelted with debris from the Gate of Zedan. Standing silently in the corner as the Kirov took his from debris Sven did not even worry for his life as some of the others in the room were doubtlessly doing. Instead the situation seemed quite unreal, here they were in a safety room huddled for safety from not incoming fire, but instead rocks. The entire situation reminded Sven of his time spent on Earth fighting Zeon’s Zaku IIs in his Type 61 tank. As a wave of nostalgia started to come over Sven the emergency lights cut off and the standard lights were restored.

As some of the crew began to shuffle out of the room Sven turned slightly to look at Wolf’s back, in a relatively calm voice he simple stated, “Sir, As you know Constantine is dead. The Zeta Gundam got him…” He didn’t know what drove him to say it, but this was twice now that he had witnessed the third member of Beta Team killed while Wolf was away battling. Sven didn’t know why, but it bothered him.
Attomoku

Kirov, Hanger

Lt. Te'Litha

"Fan out. I'm not taking a chance on this. Lt. Te'Litha, please stand back."
Having made it back from the far wall just in time for the security team to get to the Dias, Nick decided to let the large, heavily armed men have it their way. He had settled himself prone over the head of the suit and started to smile when the lit cigarette flew out and hit Frank in the eye. He hadn't even seen the pilot yet and already was starting to like whoever it was. When Pan emerged Nick nearly laughed at the MP's reactions and at the mobile suit's colors in light of his gender, remembering an old T-shirt he saw once that had read 'Tough Guys Wear Pink'. Following the confrontation and perhaps the worst MMA match he'd ever seen, Nick was grinning like the Cheshire Cat. It was Pan's eyes that made him smile; he saw them as he walked back towards the cockpit toward the end of the fight. The other soldiers might have missed the look behind the look, but Te'Litha knew it well, he had had it once and arguably still did: the look of a man with nothing, and nothing to loose.
He was a new piece in the game, Nick realized, and an unaccounted for by all sides. This captured pilot could be played, but the piece had fangs and would be want to bite the unwary. Still he had to try and had little to loose anyhow.
"Walk!"
He pushed off the head and slipped in front of the procession toward the brig, moving backward and facing Pan.
"Where are our manners? Welcome to the Kirov," Nick purred "flagship extraordinaire of the Titans Autonomous Raider Taskforce Echo or or just plain Echo for short. I see you've met Nada, and got to know him a little bit," Nick looked over the bloodied Sargent then back into Pans half dead eyes, "but I never got your name." he was deliberately cool with that delivery before warming back up, "I'd like to know it before Tiraq wrenches out of you and I'd hate to be forced to call you Alice on account of your suit's colors in the meantime."
With a practiced half smile Nick produced a lighter and cigarette from seemingly nowhere (actually filched from an open crewmans locker on the way) and held them up to Pan with a questioning arched eyebrow.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Wedge14

Heyden complied to the guard's and actually did a pretty good job of walking considering the past few hours his body had been put through much hell and torment. The stares from the onlooking pilots was the most unnerving. He knew a lot of them had friends and allies who had met their fate at the hands of a pink rick dias. In the back of his head he wished one of them would just outright shot him, But they didn't. They were most likely waiting for the intelligence officer to torture every morsel of information out of him. Then they would shot him.

A ballsy officer approached Heyden as he was lead away. The weasel yammered on, putting up a front of what might be mistaken as kindness. Pan did his best to ignore the man, but when he pulled out the cigarette Heyden finally broke.

"Don't you know, that those things will give you cancer." He made a pained grin as one of the MPs butted him in the lowerback with his rifle.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Loser Villain

- Buxoro, Safe Room -

Aaron Faraday

The red light made him feel like he was on some alien world, and a bit unnerved as well. They were somehow ominous.

However, outside the confines of the safe room was chaos. And right now, Aaron would deal with the red lights till the all clear was given.

"Where do we go from here Lt.?" he asked Elijah. "What I mean is, what direction do you think the war is going to turn now?"

-------------------------

Tim Melton

If he was unnerved by Tyler's logic before, Tim was now positively freaking out as the lights were killed and the dim red glow of the battery powered lights kicked in.

He realized the ready room may have been a bad choice of shelter because many objects were prone to go flying around if the ship took an impact.

Not knowing what to do, Tim put his helmet back on and sealed it. He then curled into a ball and started to pray for the ship to make it through.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Attomoku

Kirov, Brig Coridor

Lt. Te’Litha

"Don't you know, that those things will give you cancer."

Nick laughed at that. “From the look in your eyes Alice, I’d say you probably don’t care.”
He handed Pan the cigarette and the zipped the lighter, holding it so he could light it if he cared to.
“I’m Nick by the way”

Pilots Lounge

Ltjg. Kelborn

"Kelborn! I've got you! You're gonna be safe..I'm not letting you go!"

She was back in reality, tears still silently streamed from her eyes but they focused now on Jason’s hand “Thank you” she whispered and continued to hold on. Grace felt him wince with every tremor of the deck until the ride smoothed.
"Are..you O.K.? .....cause I need you.... to drag me back to sickbay. *cough* "
“I.. I’m fine,” she gave a very unwomanly sniffle then continued “let’s get you back in bed.” His hand still in hers she very gingerly helped him up and out of the lounge. Positioning herself on his ‘good’ side, they slowly proceed back to the sickbay.

Buxoro, Safe Room

Lt. Robin

"Where do we go from here Lt.? What I mean is, what direction do you think the war is going to turn now?"
“I don’t know Aaron” he answered truthfully. “Though if we lose..” he paused to think about the ramifications on the ever increasing likelihood of defeat while the hull groaned in protest, “If… what Tyler says is true, then we are likely to be held partly responsible for 18th bunch. We may be put on trial for warcrimes.” He didn't relish the thought but knew that it was a distinct possibility.

Bridge

Ltcmdr. Winter

“Captain, heading of the Kirov is for Gryps 1. We should and also be out of the main debris field in 45 seconds at our present velocity.” Nav informed him.
“Match course. Cycle back engines to 110 when we exit the danger zone, maintain until we’re nearly abreast of the Kirov, then match speed. After that restore lighting and environmental.”
Winter listened to his ship’s hull make unusual noises from the strain of putting 140% on the engines and kept an eye on the redline when he would be forced to dump the plasma or risk meltdown.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Fritz Ashlyn

- L2 Space, near Gate of Zedan -

- The Kirov -
- Bridge -

After two tense minutes, Chief Kellman slightly adjusted the Kirov's path a final time and the guns fell silent one by one. Kellman slumped back in his seat and pulled his helmet off, and as he patted sweat from his brow he announced in a worn out voice, "Captain, we're clear of the immediate danger zone and are currently on course for Gryps 1. Estimated time of arrival is 2100 hours on the 24th... pending damage reports, of course,". Trent sensed the rest of the bridge crew relaxing at the good news, and he tried to slow his breathing and calm down as he removed his own bulky helmet. He blinked as the blue tint was removed from his vision and responded, "Good work, Mort... Keep us on track until we can figure out what's left,". Trent looked around the bridge at the relieved men and their muted congratulations to each other for surviving the debacle at Zedan.

Trent knew the next appropriate step would be to report in to the main fleet and confirm their evacuation. Passing along damage and casualty reports and confirming the capture of that AEUG pilot would help the Dogosse Gier organize the remains of the Titans fleet once they reached Gryps. The captain knew it was what protocol dictated, and yet... Trent unzipped the front of his normal suit and fanned himself with the collar as he considered his options. Echo would have to report in eventually - they needed support and supplies and would have to be reassigned - but jumping in line to patiently wait for more orders from Bask didn't seem appealing. The captain frowned. The situation didn't leave him with many viable choices. He sighed and resigned himself to delay reporting in for the time being; perhaps he could come up with something better before then.

Instead of issuing the commands he knew he should by normal standards - then again, he had a gut feeling normal standards would likely soon be thrown out the window - Capt. Trent cleared his throat and said, "Mr. Kellman, why don't you go get some rest and let Chief Cushing take over for a while,". Mortimer made enough of a protest to keep up appearances before he thankfully relented and left the helm to his backup. The bridge crew spoke up with a few words of thanks and praise to the normally stoic helmsman as he made his way off the bridge with a tired and embarrassed smile on his face. After Cushing was in place at the helm, Trent spoke up again, "The rest of you can switch out with your seconds in an hour,".

- Hangar Safe Room -

When the normal lights were restored and the crew began to shuffle out, Stukov gave Wolf one last glance before leaving. Ritter blew out a breath in contempt at the Russian and Sven's take on Constantine's demise at the Zeta Gundam's hands. After Stukov was out of his sight, Wolf turned to Sven and commented coldly, "Pendragon had an inflated sense of self-worth. He was a mediocre pilot and an outsider,". He pulled his helmet off and scoffed again. "Things are accelerating, Sven, and these fools are still blind to the changes that are coming," he said, watching the rest of the mechanics leave the room, "With the loss of the Gate of Zedan, the Titans are going to be put in a difficult situation,". He broke out into a malicious smile and darkly promised, "There are more loyal ones like you, Sven, more than you area aware of. The Destiny will see things fall into place soon, and then things will change. The Titans will be taken away from those who are foolishly beating the organization to death against false enemies,".

- Hallway -

Tariq Sayed glided to a stop next to a room that contained a wall mounted handset. The captain had ejected him from the bridge, but that didn't mean he couldn't do his job. In fact, the more Andrewson Trent attempted to obstruct and delay him the easier it would be in the long run. He picked up the handset and punched in a code, and after a short wait he was connected to the guard station in the brig. "CPL Sonman, this is Lt. sayed. I was informed we have taken a prisoner," he said, checking his watch. In fact the captain had yet to notify him, a fact that irritated Tariq and made him even more suspicious, but he had seen the Rick Dias locked up in the hangar and knew a security team had been sent there. "Yes, sir. We had a hell of a time getting him into a cell but he's down here," the corporal responded with a wheeze. Sayed pushed his sunglasses up and nodded. So he was right.

If Trent hadn't notified his own intelligence officer of an AEUG prisoner, something made Tariq doubt the chances of him dutifully reporting it to the Dogosse Gier in a reasonable amount of time. What was the Trent up to now? "Prepare him for questioning," the lieutenant ordered, going over the captain's head. Nick Te'Litha could wait for a few hours.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

Heyden smirked a bloody smile as he took the cigarette and lit it. Heyden furrowed his brow. His head was ringing, from the blows he had just taken, his body was reeling from the 1.21 gigawatts, and his mind was rattled with thoughts. The last thing he needed was some snake trying to charm something off him.

"My eyes? What are you some kinda queer? Look nancy thanks for the cigarette, but why don't you piss off. I'm not in the mood to be hit on by some limpwristed titan."

wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Sickbay -

Jason suddenly becomes aware that he's back in sickbay. Feeling pain in his lower abdomen he lifts up the sheets and sees new bandages wrapped around his waist. Oblivious to the people around him Jason drops his head back on the pillow closing his eyes as he thinks about the days events.

Geez Lt.Te’Litha and that egg plant are probably lookin' for me, that's all I need. Still it'll be nice to get back in some sort of routine....Grace's hysterics? Hmm possibly attributed to thinking we were near death but hers seemed more like a deep seeded fear than...

"Grace..." he murmurs before drifting off to sleep.

- The Kirov -
- Hanger -

Missing the earlier commotion Kyle slips out of Ens. Shiranui's Barzam. Removing his helmet he does notice the Dias sitting on the other side of the hanger. Rubbing the strap burns on his chest he proceeds toward the enemy suit. Guards placed around the suit prevent him from getting too close so he calls up a mechanic nearby for some information.

"Hey. So whats that thing got that we don't?"
The Loser Villain

Buxoro, Safe Room

Aaron Faraday

“I don’t know Aaron. Though if we lose.. If… what Tyler says is true, then we are likely to be held partly responsible for 18th bunch. We may be put on trial for warcrimes.”

He quickly forgot about where they were as the words sank in.

"War crimes?" he repeated. "No, they... couldn't do that... its not as if we personally did it..." Aaron didn't know how to react to the idea that they could be held accountable for the actions of the higher echelon commanders of the Titans.

"Dammit," he slammed his arm into the nearest wall in frustration. "What...?" He stopped mid-sentence because he realized what he was about to say could get him into trouble.

'...are we even fighting for at this point,' he finished in thought.

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Xvlai

- Alexandria Class–Kirov, Hangar Safety Room –
- Beta Team –

Sven listen to Wolf impassively as the crew began to file out of the Safety Room back into the Hangar. Wolf was right about Constantine; still Sven could not help but feeling a tinge of remorse for the pilot. Since joining Beta team only he and Wolf had managed to survive, perhaps it was just a sick twist of fate, or perhaps the destiny was at work. Sven eyes picked up with the news that there were more supporters coming. Wolf didn’t need to say it but Sven knew, the supporters were gathering, and just as the war was nearing its end, the destiny was reaching its beginning. A small smile crawled across his face and if any of the mechanics had been paying attention they would think Sven was happy that the Titans policies were increasingly destroying the Titans.

Waiting until the room was nearly clear Sven moved in front of Wolf as he left the room. Slightly turning his head back as he left the door he remarked in a passive voice, “Your father told me that the culmination of the destiny was coming before his untimely death. The supporters gathering was a sign my father told me to watch for” Turning Sven caught sight of the Pink Rick Dias for the first time, the grin on his face grew larger, he knew that Mobile Suit very well. “The other sign was that the traitors and enemies would grow closer too, as of today I think it is sufficed to say they are both coming true.”
Attomoku

Kirov, Brig Corridor

Lt. Te’Litha

"My eyes? What are you some kinda queer? Look nancy thanks for the cigarette, but why don't you piss off. I'm not in the mood to be hit on by some limpwristed titan."

Nick expected Pan’s bullheadedness to some extent, but it didn’t stop him from being irate after being mocked. Anger tingled up his spine, had his hackles on end, and settled in his gut like the nausea from earlier. Still Nick chose to ignore the jibe and spell it out for him instead of making him choke on the cigarette as his snake suggested.
“Yes Alice, your eyes,” he replied, his voice now dropped below freezing and heavy as iron. “The eyes of one unredeemed.” He fixed Pan with a stare that could curdle milk and leave women barren. “You have nothing left," it was stated as if a fact from an authority in that cold, powerful tone. "Nothing save the option to seek atonement or justice on those who wronged and took from you.” His baleful red eyes bored into Pan, “You want to try and be redeemed before death or escape the torment through it.”
He then half coughed, half retched blood into his hands. He looked at it uncomprehending for a second then realized that the tingle in his spine was slowly turning to fire and belly was starting to feel as if he was being stabbed in the gut. His limbs started shaking and his legs gave out from under him, sending up fresh waves of agony when and where his knees connected with the metal deck.
Still he managed to look up at Pan, half blind with tears of pain and croak out,
Like… me.
His voice cracking and fading on the last word but still hideously clear. He couldn’t stop shaking from the pain, and the deck at the feet of the pink haired apparition was coming up to meet him when his vision narrowed and he blacked out.

Sickbay

Ltjg. Kelborn

Grace was leaving the sickbay after making sure Jason was alright and taken care of. She could have sworn that he said her name but she figured she was imagining it, she was pretty tired after all.
She encountered a few people carrying an unconscious man in a pilot suit with white hair towards the bay on the way to her quarters but was so lost in thought and eyes puffy from crying that she barely noticed.
When she reached them and slipped inside at that point she felt like never talking to another living being after making such a scene in the lounge. The touch and the terror were all she recalled but she knew that they had been real at one time. She striped off everything and fell onto the bed wishing to sleep for eternity so she wouldn't have to face Jason or he past again but knowing better and that Alpha would be on patrol soon. Grace never got the the shower she intended. Instead she fell asleep almost immediately with a single tear and a half remembered name from the back of a picture, and then she dreamed.

Buxoro, Bridge

Ltcmdr. Winter

“We have cleared the main debris zone and have come abreast of the Kirov, throttling back to maintain speed and distance”
the helmsman announced.
The tension was broken and the bridge almost collectively sank back into their chairs.
Good,” Winters breathed, “restore power now and do a full inspection of the hull and all systems in 12 hours time, especially the engines. In the meantime however, swap out with your backups and get some rest and food” The Captain had allowed the reactor to redline for a short while and was concerned about metal fatigue but more so his crew’s fatigue.
The lights flickered back on and he could start to hear the air circulation fans spin back up. While his crew exchanged places Winter sat and started to read various incoming assessment reports about the state of the ship and the taskforce.

Safe Room

Lt. Robin

"War crimes? No, they... couldn't do that... its not as if we personally did it... Dammit! What...?"
Aaron’s slamming the wall startled a few of the other occupants of the bunker and Elijah put a calming hand on his shoulder.
Hey, clam down we haven’t lost yet, and we just unknowingly pointed the gun we didn’t pull the trigger.. Besides they would probably execute the top brass rather than us lowly infantry.” He was trying to be helpful, but then realized that his reasoning was not very convincingand let his arm fall. The lights sputtered on overhead as he smiled ruefully and said,“I’m not helping am I?”
mcred23

-The Kalinin-
-Bridge-

Marshall Nguyen frowned at the report that had just been handed to him from a messanger. The Kalinin had been hit by several small chucks of rock, or at least, they thought they were rocks, and something had disrupted the internal communication systems. It slowed things down, but they still had external comms, and they hadn't taken major damage.

The same couldn't be said for the mobile suit team. Cranston was dead. Michael Kuwani was in sick bay, and the early word from the ships' doctor was that he should live. Janice Runnels and Alpa Bate were both alive, but Runnels suit would take a few hours to be repaired, Kuwanis would take considerably longer, but Nquyen didn't have a pilot for it anyway. Things could have been worse, they could have been like the Ipswitch and too many other ships. At least now they were heading for Gryps.

"Take us down from combat alert," Nguyen said, monotone, "Rotate Bate and Runnels on four hour shifts until I say otherwise. I want a complete sweep of the ship for any possible damage, after that the crew can stand down."

The word was passed along by four MPs assigned to the ship who, since they didn't have to perform their normal duties at the time, were filling in as runners. The prospect of rest was good for the crew, at least, those who would get off duty, but all knew that another check of the hull would take an hour or two at least, but still, an end to this long and tiring day was in sight.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Fritz Ashlyn

- L2 Space -

- The Kirov -
- Hangar -

One of the mechanics assigned to investigate the captured Rick Dias grunted as he struggled to remove a partially-melted electronics panel. He let go of the stuck equipment's angular edge and cursed to himself, shaking his hurt hands. A small orb of blood lazily floated past his head, which he quickly moved away from with a look of disgust on his face. He pulled a larger wrench out of one of his pockets and whacked the panel, trying to force it open instead of pulling at it with his hands. Whatever had fried the mobile suit had done a thorough job of ruining the computer and most of the plastic surfaces inside. Behind him, Kyle Roberts waved for his attention and called him away from his work. "Hey. So whats that thing got that we don't?" the pilot asked, curious about the suit.

The mechanic left the cockpit and wiped his hands off on his coveralls, happy to take a break. He shrugged and chuckled, "Looks like a cooked pilot. Glad I didn't have to deal with the mess,". Whatever had been carted out of the cockpit before he got there couldn't have been a pretty sight. He turned to look at the machine and said, "The AEUG gets their hands on some decent stuff, I'll be honest. Anaheim Electronics can go right to hell if you ask me,". He gestured towards the suit's back and continued, "If their Nemo outclasses the Hizack, the Rick Dias here blows the Marasai out of the water with a decent pilot. I heard it wasn't one of ours that dragged this thing in,".

Near the safe room, Wolf followed Sven back onto a hangar catwalk as Haksson turned back and said “Your father told me that the culmination of the destiny was coming before his untimely death. The supporters gathering was a sign my father told me to watch for,". Sven and Wolf noticed the Rick Dias at the same time, and Ritter's neutral expression turned to surprised anger when he realized what he was looking at. “The other sign was that the traitors and enemies would grow closer too, as of today I think it is sufficed to say they are both coming true," Sven said as Wolf's eyes narrowed and his jaw set into a dark smile. What luck - the bastard that had caused him so much trouble pursuing Fritz had been killed or captured and his mobile suit was hauled into the Kirov.

Ritter chuckled, both at his frustrating opponent's misfortune and the apparent culmination of the Destiny as things began to fall into place. He grunted in agreement with Sven's assessment and added, "The Federation, the Titans, all of it... just stepping stones. When Jamitov runs this rabble into the ground we'll be ready to step into the power vacuum,". He crossed his arms as he decided whether or not he wanted to inspect the pink and yellow MS up close, and then pushed off the catwalk. Turning back towards Sven to continue their conversation as he traveled upwards, he said, "I've attempted to make contact with several loyal families but it has proven difficult between our travel and combat conditions and the lack of a response from them. I assume they've been mobilized by my uncle on Earth and are unreachable because they're moving into space to assist us in the final weeks of this war,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Lans

- The Kirov -
- Locker Room -

It’s been an hour, maybe more… Cara didn’t take off her helmet. For some reason flight officer Shiranui felt that she liked it that way today. It’s been almost an hour that she sat inside the room and doing nothing after she landed her Barzam on the Kirov.

The visor was kept shut and she was breathing on recycled air. The smell of her own body odour, breath and mixed with sweats brought her some sensations she thought she already forgot. Drugs starting to lose the effect, the after effect slowly go through her weakening mind. Her mouth speaks first before her mind could answer, “What was it?” she questioned herself. She grinned while hiding her reddening cheeks in the helmet when she found the answer. “No, it’s not it…” she rejected some of the images in her memory. “Not him!” she rejected a male face from his memory.

No, not her old boyfriend she refused the thought. “Not that jerk, but the other guy…” Her lips widen when she remembered. It's the other guy that she knew on her nursing school. The attractive guy who was also a better lover, she naughtily grinned. But he was good for nothing else she remembered. Then she recalled the pain when he left her for another girl. “sonavubich!” she cursed weakly under her breath.

Sweat still dripping from her forehead, some fell to her little nose while her breath fumes like steam. She looked around from her seat. Usually there she could find good looking bodies of other pilots. She was thrilled for some reason, but “no” she exclaimed. Not with the boys, she knew she didn’t like the relationship with immature men. Looking at the empty locker room she said to herself, "boys… boys with toys, dangerous toys".

".................. .... ........" something was happening outside. It was noisy and she didn't like it. Cara got up and took a set of fresh pilot suit along with set of clothes from her locker and headed to the shower. For some reason she didn’t feel like talking and avoid anyone by secluding herself in the women shower room.

She discarded her helmet and threw his wet undergarment away. Half naked she surprised herself when she saw her own reflection in the mirror. White pale skin, soft looking faces in contrast with the jet black hair. She looked away since it reminded her of her own mother. She never knew her, only from old photos and stories. She died in giving birth to Cara. But unknowingly Cara grew and becoming like her, at least physically. “But mother doesn’t fly MS and fight,” Cara said it to herself, rejected the thought of resemblance to her mother. “It was dad’s (fault)”, she blurted out the blame on her father.

Congratulations dad… you turned your daughter into a mass murderer,” her mouth completed the sentences without thinking. Her mind catches up and she giggled in an odd way when she realized what she said. And then her memories kicked start the whole ordeal.

“Cara, I want you to fight…,”

“Fight… Cara,…,”

“…fight for.. !”

“Cara…"

“.. for me.. fight…”

With a light tap from her right foot Cara backed off from the mirror. Trying to expel the bad memory. She felt odd about it, she can’t even remember her dad’s voice anymore. But even without it, the memory sometimes repeats itself on her head. She shook her head in denial, “No, dad didn’t say that… Or did he?” she began to ponder questioningly. Her memory was beginning to lose some sort of reliability. Instinctively she reached for a metallic object on her pocket. ‘Why?’ she asked herself. ‘Because I need it.’ she answered it to herself. ‘Need what?’ and then she found it, look at it and angrily threw the object away.

The metallic pill dispenser hit the wall with a dull sound and spread some of the pills away. They floated in a beautiful manner, white pills and shimmering silver-like object in the air, reflected by the mirror.

With angry eyes Cara turned away. The pills eventually turned her into something else. She realized it now and began to weep while holding herself up with her hands, as if trying to hold a precious porcelain doll from breaking up. Images of her dad in sick bed emerged and she finally understands. It wasn’t her dad’s fault. Her dad merely hinted sadness when he spoke of fighting and protecting humanity. He never wanted her to fight, at least that is before his right mind collapsed. It her dad’s behaviour of wanting someone else to continued the fight in his place that bugged Cara’s consciousness. His wish in his dead bed was irrelevant. Cara knew she had her own motives.

A feeling of confidence emerged to his body. Undisturbed about the pills she washed her face in warm water. She found renewed strength. It wasn’t his dad’s. It’s her own wish to fight that drives her. ‘But for what?’ she asked herself. Her mouth blurted the answer for her, “Those spacenoids bastards took away my dad! They... They made him crippled and insane!!’ she gasped for breath after exploding her anger verbally. “I don’t fight for him,” she reassured her mind. “I fight for myself!” she yelled and punched the mirror as hard as she could.

Fragments and shards of broken glasses flew into the air. One would say it was an odd scene. Cara’s feminine figure was still of a girl, yet a woman. Her face even still hinted a childlike appearance.

.................. a surge of pain registered on her consciousness. The blood floated from her right hand confirmed the cause of the pain. Cara retracted her right hand from the mirror and began to get bandage from his suit. It was messy since she used her injured hand to search for it, blood traces everywhere on her suit pocket. She grabbed the bandage and skilfully as she was a fully qualify nurse before a pilot, she bandaged her injured right hand.

Few breaths latter, she already wiping her body trying to ease the discomfort from sweats. Then she changed into fresh clothes before donned her pilot suit. Dragging the dirty clothes behind, she rushed into the laundry bin and tucked everything inside.

Dismissing the though of another set of pills on the locker she passed her locker and left from the room. However, Cara knew at any rate she going crazy without the pills, she even could endanger her own team. Without the drug her emotions were starting to crumble and she’s began to feel stingy about almost anything. But she realized another one of those pills would take more of her sanity away. If she’s going to die today or tomorrow, let it be that she died on her own right mind.

A sense of purity came to mind and she felt good about it.

Her shaking right hand holds the helmet tight while her left hand mustered her long hair. With determination Cara walked the corridor. A guarded room catch her attention. She didn’t need to ask, it seems they got their hands on some AEUG personnel. Cara’s curiosity got the better of her. She passed through the guards that saluted her and take a peek inside.

She saw a familiar figure, Nick in such an odd manner inside the room. “Nick are you alright?“ Cara asked in such a calm but rather childish tone that surprised even herself, she quickly corrected it by reaffirming the rank, “Lieutenant?” Only then she saw the man on the other side of the table. An odd muscular man, the man’s face was beaten up but he was smiling while puffing smoke from his cigarette. ‘What an odd man,” she thought. ‘Could he even fit-in in ms cockpit?’ Cara asked herself while looking at the man with pure curiosity like a little girl watching her first tiger on the zoo. She didn't even realize that her lips already forming a smile to the man across the table. She didn't realize but if Pan going to do something funny there's no way Cara could stop herself from giggling.
Last edited by Lans on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Loser Villain

Buxoro, Safe Room

Aaron Faraday

Hey, clam down we haven’t lost yet, and we just unknowingly pointed the gun we didn’t pull the trigger.. Besides they would probably execute the top brass rather than us lowly infantry. I’m not helping am I?”

As Elijah spoke to Aaron the lights returned to normal. Although it wasn't the most convincing pep talk, it calmed him down. The light no longer being a glaring red helped a little too.

"Its... okay," he said looking down, "I shouldn't have lashed out like that. Its just frustrating, especially after how hard we just fought to survive out there."

What he really needed right now was to get out of his normal suit because his undergarments were soaked with sweat and were now noticeably uncomfortable

"Think its safe to get out of here?"

Wedge14

Heyden was erratic as the strange Titan fainted from exhaustion. The big man laughed loudly each heavy breath driving into his sore body. The sight of the bastard just clenching his stomach like that and just going out cold was the funniest thing pan had seen in this long long day. The words the guy said, may have rang true.

"I think he's dead!" He said inbetween outbursts of laughter. One of the guards rapped him with the butt end of his rifle, and took a step forward, as the door slid open and a young female pilot came into the room. She was drawn towards Nick's predicament at first, but then she noticed Heyden. Who sat grinning in his chair.

Pan watched her look him over slowly. The roughed up Lt. couldn't help but

"You ain't here to interrogate me. So you either put that mouth to use down here" Pan motioned towards his crotch as best he could under restraints. "Or stop staring at m-" Heyden's sentence was cut short as CPL Sonman drove the butt of his submachine gun hard into the back of the large man's head.

wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Hanger -

"The AEUG gets their hands on some decent stuff, I'll be honest. Anaheim Electronics can go right to hell if you ask me,". He gestured towards the suit's back and continued, "If their Nemo outclasses the Hizack, the Rick Dias here blows the Marasai out of the water with a decent pilot."

"Anaheim..." Kyle repeated in a somber tone. He was aware of the company's reputation for double dealing. It disgusted him to think that companies profited off of their blood and sweat. Some fat cat just made enough off that last battle to buy a few more gold watches

"All throughout history someone's been making money while soldiers die fighting for what they truly believe in."

Thinking he might have a slight chance in a Barzam, Kyle takes a last look at the Dias. Figuring that there's nothing more to be learned from it he leaves toward the exit. The last thing he needs is more bad news, now if only they had a C.O. to lead them.
Lans

- The Kirov –
- Interrogation room -

"You ain't here to interrogate me. So you either put that mouth to use down here" Pan motioned towards his crotch as best he could under restraints. "Or stop staring at m-" Heyden's sentence was cut short as CPL Sonman drove the butt of his submachine gun hard into the back of the large man's head.

Not cute,’ Cara thought to herself. ‘Maybe she could change that man’s mood a little’ and then she grab her hip pocket instinctively. ‘No, not for her gun,’ she though, she left that on her locker while her military issued knife was stored on the cockpit. She didn't find nothing useful on her right pocket, she tried her left pocket but also got nothing. Only a pen and a bandage, but then she found something else. A metallic object… a scissor albeit a small one, the type to cut bandages or similar thin objects.

She felt depressed by the item. The small scissor won’t do a thing to a man like Pan. And then she realized about something and started to walk inside. Completely ignoring Nick, Cara advanced closely to Pan. She faced CPL Sonman and asked in her usual trained tone, “Corporal, what do you say if we get this ungrateful man a new haircut? Probably that’ll fix his attitude and help his mood a little.”

CPL Sonman was dumbfounded but the guard beside him started to laugh. “So, what kind of haircut do you like?” Cara asked Pan while readying her small weapon on her right hand. She tried to flex her finger, it was a bit stiff since it was injured and the bandage made her hard to move it swiftly.

The guard, Sonman quickly followed up and said aloud, “Bald! I’m sure this fellow like it to be bald like a monk!” and then the guards laughed. “So be it,” Cara smiled while putting her left hand firmly on Pan’s shoulder and landed his small scissor on top of Heyden’s hair.