Episode 20 - The Gate of Zedan

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Wedge14

Re: Episode 20 - The Gate of Zedan

[Possibly the first collaborative post???]

Pan, bellowed a guttural growl as a few sloppy shots from the direction of the Bindra slipped by him. Paying little attention to them he tried to distance himself away from Ashlyn and approached Michiko. She sounded stressed over the loss of Jim. Pan didn't intend on losing another one of his teammates today.

Discarding his bazooka, and rearming himself with the beam pistols he just couldn't let Fritz get the last word in.

"You were supposed to protect him too! You're his senior not me!"

Fritz slid out of the way of another burst of fire from Wolf and his two temporary wingmen as he listened to Pan. He was supposed to protect him, but it wasn't that simple. Was it? The conversations he had had with Jim couldn't have all been for nothing, could they? MacAlpin turned out to be one of the few people he was starting to be open and honest with, and it seemed like he had begun to reach the kid. Simply being a man's superior officer wasn't a source of respect and trust. Trust...

"I trusted you to keep him safe!" Fritz shot back, "I can't be everywhere at once!". He switched over to a fully charged beam pistol and waited for Ritter to close in, but he couldn't fully concentrate on the three enemies in front of him.

Pan gritted his teeth as a pair of Hizacks approached him, one fired a steady stream of machine gun fire, while the second weaved around like some kind of lightweight boxer.

"Yeah! But you expect me to be everywhere at once!" He said firing a round from his beam pistol eliminating the weaving Hizack with one solid hit tearing through the reactor.

The two Hizacks following Wolf moved away from his Marasai and then suddenly darted forward and crossed paths in front of Fritz' Rick Dias. Normally their hasty attempt at a confusing maneuver wouldn't have worked, but Fritz was still splitting his attention between the enemy and Pan. One of Wolf's beams sliced into his mobile suit's right foot, blowing the end of the limb off and leaving a jagged stump of armor and exposed internal components. Fritz growled in frustration and wrangled his suit back into a level flight pattern, putting it into a move that would let him strafe around the Titans while trying to put some distance between them as he lined up a shot.

Fritz' first pair of beams missed their mark completely and did little to slow the enemy down. "All you had to do was stay close to him and keep him out of trouble. That's all you had to do!"

The machine gun armed Hizack, suddenly fired a rocket from it's leg, an attack that almost caught Pan off guard. The AEUG pilot grunted as he weaved to the left, and the rocket sunk right into the left binder blowing it straight off. Pan slammed his fist on an override command and instantly shut off the alarms that followed.

"I'm not a baby sitter! The kid was trying to run off with Axis!"

Fritz almost froze up, causing another close call from one of the Hizack's beam rifles. "What?! Why would he do that now? After everything I told him!" Fritz reacted, some of his anger for Pan dissipating.

"Everything WE told him." Pan said as he pulled the trigger and blew a hole through the torso of the Hizack that just took out his binder. "Neither of us are good father figures y'think?"

Fritz didn't quite know what to make of that, but the comment struck a nerve that wouldn't have been so sensitive a few months ago. The idea of failing as a father figure for a troubled young pilot like Jim, true or not, was a far cry from raising his own child, but... A few moments of telling silence fell between the two men as they seemed to cool off a little. Fritz knew he was still fighting a battle, personally and literally. And in the middle of a war maybe Jim's death was really nobody's fault.

He had to worry about himself for the time being. One of the oncoming Hizacks got a little bold and made a more aggressive move, but now that Fritz was a little calmer his reaction time was better. The crosshairs glided across his HUD until the Titan was lined up and he coldly pressed the firing stud, sending a beam through the Hizack's midsection. As it expanded into a fireball, Wolf Ritter's Marasai charged through the explosion of debris with a rapid burst from his beam rifle.

This time, though, Fritz was better prepared to counter him. His eyes darted to the edge of the display to make sure he was still connected to Pan's MS. "So Axis wasn't interested, I guess," Fritz said, flying 'up' and over Wolf, vaulting the attack and leaving him above the two Titans. "If they killed him, does that mean we're officially fighting them now?" he asked, noting his computer still had a marker placed for the nearby Bindra even though it had stopped firing.

The adrenaline from the ensuing battle left Pan as his face went pale. His Rick dias was motionless for a brief second which was quick enough for a hizack to break off from Michiko and close the gap into melee range.

"I'm not sure!" Pan said pushing back, and firing his pistol. "I don't think we're fighting them" He mumbles as the Hizack is pushed back by his fire.

Fritz found that reaction a little strange. It didn't sound like the kind of answer Pan Heyden would normally give, especially if it meant a chance to fight Axis. "You don't think we're fighting them? They just shot Jim down!" Fritz said, a little agitated.

"Damnit! It was just supposed to be a warning shot!"

That made Fritz hesitate and slow down again as he was trying to get behind the other Hizack. "What does that mean?" he asked, his eyes narrowing as he turned to find Pan in his panoramic monitor. He didn't want to believe what Pan had just implied. His Rick Dias slowed until it was moving at a crawl, which Wolf immediately took advantage of. When Fritz turned back to his forward view, it was already filled with the Marasai's shoulder spikes and the merciless glow of the red monoeye.

A split second reaction caused Fritz to jerk the controls just at the moment of impact, and the spikes drove into the Rick Dias' lower torso. Fritz had his air knocked out of him with a ragged "Scheiße!" as his suit tumbled backwards and he was thrown into his restraints. Several of the forward cameras were damaged, reducing panels in the bank of monitors to cut to static.

Heyden's Rick Dias floated motionlessly in space, the joint where the binder was connected was occasionally sparking. Pan took a deep breath, and with a shaky hand opened his visor and lit a ciggarette. "It takes a real man to do the right thing, when he knows he's wrong. I may have killed MacAlpin but I also killed a traitor."

Fritz gasped for air in the panic that followed getting the wind knocked out of him, and he began to wonder why Wolf hadn't immediately finished him off as he fought to right his Rick Dias. He grimaced at the pain in his chest and arms as he turned his MS over and fumbled for a beam saber, and found that Wolf had taken almost as long as he had to recover from the shoulder charge. But that was once again mistakenly made his second concern, as his mind had finally processed what Pan had just said.

The anger that subsided before rushed back at full intensity, causing his grip to tighten on the controls until it was painful. He had murdered Jim in cold blood during one of MacAlpin's misguided attempts to glorify Zeon instead of talking him down like they had done a dozen times in the past. It was all for nothing. Jim's life had been turned into a painful waste. "You didn't try to talk to him? You just shot him in the back?" Fritz demanded. His hands began to shake. "That's your answer for everything, Heyden - shoot at the problem until it goes away. You didn't have to kill the kid!!" he accused.

Heyden slammed his console his cigarrette flew from his mouth as he yelled, his face exploded into a red rage. "You're no different! How was I supposed to talk sense into him? This is a goddamn war! Not a fucking Tea party."

Pan's pink Rick Dias took off heading towards the Dervish. The machine slammed into the Hangar with sickening speed. The mechanic crew rushed to Heyden's machine, looks of confusion and overall disappointment flowed from their faces.

Heyden of course emerged from the machine unharmed. The pilot growled at the mechanic crew . "Refuel and reload. You don't have it done in 6 minutes you're gonna get my foot up your asses."

As soon as the door of the ready room shut behind Pan took two steps and pounded his fist into his already disfigured locker door. Jim was dead, and he was the one who pulled the trigger.

Pan Heyden wasn't a soldier he was a murderer, and he knew it.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Lans

- Hamburg Team –

“Ah. I'm just about flying blind here. 'Fraid took some pieces of visor in my eyes. I got this thing on auto but landing is where I draw the line on trusting the comp. Besides its starting to shake really bad...musta taken some real damage, huh?" Bernard's answer almost mixed with Adam's reply.

"…I've already resupplied, so I'll take guard duty while you guys get fixed up." Adam replies ended.

“Ah, I appreciate that, glad you have you back Lieutenant” Randy replied to Adam while concerning over Bernard’s conditions.

The Hamburg’s deck beginning to take shape in his screen, only 1 km left. Randy wasn’t sure but he’s running of out option. He hailed the ship’s operator, requesting assistance for emergency landing. “…we’re coming hot. One without power, one cannot land on their own my suit will drive ‘em to landing.”

The ship’s operator was still protesting about the method but Randy already determined. He cannot abandon any of them, so it’s best to land the three together. He picked the easiest method available. “Bernard” he open the line for team talk only. “I changed my mind. Cut your power, and hold tightly to my suit.” He watched Al in his screen, the boy already made his suit hold the Nemo cannon tightly around the shoulder. “Al, assist me further if you could. We’ll land together.”

The CO’s Nemo began to reverse thrust and pushing hard to retain a good landing approach. “easy, easy…” Randy talked rather to himself than the other, while straining his hands to make the constant necessary adjustment. With his suit position not at the centre, there’s always too much to this side or to that side even with the smallest amount of thrust. This made the slowing down and descends process one hell of a job to do. The distance meter already shown in two digits, they’re close. Surprisingly he fare rather well, the alignment are within acceptable measure. One more counter thrust to reduce the speed to almost-minus thrust, to compensate with the Hamburg's own forward speed. “Matching speed and t-...”

He heard a metallic screeching noise from his left, the sound that wasn’t supposed to be heard few seconds latter. He saw Al’s suit already touched the deck prematurely. That made a terrible changed of situation for the other two Nemos. In split seconds, Randy’s suit began to swing inward by sheer momentum caused by Al’s sudden stop. Bernard’s Nemo Cannon touched the landing pad almost crouching, it managed to stop before dragging Al’s suit too much, but it accidentally slammed Randy’s Nemo downward.

Being hit by complete surprise Randy lost his consternation. He tasted blood in his lips and realized he must’ve bitten them by chance. He managed to loosen his Nemo’s grip fearing he’ll drag the other. But before he knew, his horizon already almost upside down, his Nemo skidded the deck on its right side and bounced back toward the ship’s hangar. The impact felt like being punched in the gut, it almost knocked him unconsciousness.

don't give up now, Lieutenant.

A voice he hadn’t heard for a while filled his mind for a moment. “Kai?!” he exclaimed. The confusion propelled his awareness back to its prime. Just in time, he saw hangar’s opening, tossed his shield and reached for the wall. The hand slammed hard, skidded along the surface before stop at the hangar's folded hatch door. The hatch door mechanism squeaked in protest but it worked. The left hand grip endured. The rest of his suit stopped completely and Randy let go of the grip fearing he may broke it if holding it much longer.

The suit float freely and let its magnetized feet contacted the ship’s surface safely. “S… Shit, what a ride!” Drenched with cold sweats all over his body, he exclaimed in joy while watching the crew ran all over the suits to recover the machines and the pilots.
hellbore

- Hamburg Team -

Seeing Randy's interesting attempt at landing the three Nemos take a turn for the worst Adam started to manoeuvre to assist, though when Randy managed to save himself he resigned himself to retrieving the shield jettisoned by the Nemo. Grabbing the hunk of metal with two hands, Adam's Nemo floated closer to the flank of the Hamburg at looked to see if he could assist in any way.

"Nice one, Lt. Randy. Anyone need some help?" He wondered briefly how long those medics were gonna take.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gate of Zedan, P Field -

- The Kirov -
- Bridge -

Whatever it was that was causing the evacuation to slow down yet again, it made Trent even more antsy. The line of ships snaking out of the Gate of Zedan on Echo’s side of the fortress slowed to a near standstill as the captain returned to the bridge windows. The source of the delay was not visible from his vantage point, but Gojiro was at his side even before he turned to ask. “Sir, the Dogosse Gier is changing course and the rest of the fleet is standing by until it‘s on the move again,” he reported, his voice betraying growing irritation. Trent jerked in surprise and reacted, “What? Why aren’t they waiting until they’re clear of the area?”. Gojiro shook his head slightly in open disdain and answered, “Captain Bask is heading straight for Gryps 2. I guess making good time is more important than the rest of the fleet, sir”.

Trent’s jaw set and he turned back to the window as Gojiro returned to his seat. He kept his mouth shut because he had to set a “proper” example of loyalty for the crew, but he let Nakagawa’s criticism of Bask Om go unchallenged. The men on the bridge could take from that whatever they wanted. From under the brim of his hat he stared out into the battle going on as the operators began to mutter and murmur amongst themselves behind him. The door to the bridge slid open behind him and he turned around half expecting to see Tariq Sayed, but found Ltcmdr. Stukov instead. “Aleksandr,” the captain said with a small nod. The Russian waved a salute as he floated towards him, and he came to a precise stop before Trent.

“It’s good to see you made it back. What do you have for me?” Trent asked. Stukov got straight to the point. The no-nonsense Soviet gravel of his voice carried through the bridge as he revealed, “Captain, this fleet we are fighting - it is the same AEUG ships. The 4th Squadron,”. Trent frowned at that and then clicked his tongue. “That would explain the trouble they’re giving us in P Field,” he said, eliciting a curt nod from Stukov. At this point he wouldn’t be surprised if the 4th Squadron started showing up in his dreams. His reaction to the news seemed to be more muted each time. “I am finding it difficult to understand the frequency of our meeting… Strange things happen on the battlefield,” Stukov commented, crossing his arms. The captain could only nod in agreement at that. Trent knew the 4th‘s ships likely made up a decent fraction of the AEUG’s strength, but the odds of his relatively small taskforce crossing paths with them again and again in this manner had to be astronomical.

In spite of their situation, Trent had to smile slightly. “Frankly I’m a little disappointed in Abbey this time. If I had known it was him I would have expected more pressure,” he said, a little ashamed for dwelling on his own perceived rivalry. Stukov humphed and shrugged, “No debris to hide amongst. Their guerilla tactics do not work in a battle like this,” as he turned to look out the windows. He and Trent stayed shoulder to shoulder as they watched the enemy. “This time we’re the ones blasting our way out. Let’s hope our escape is as lucky as theirs was,” the captain said. Stukov grunted, “27th was different. We had them cornered,”. Trent chuckled, “And we’re not?”.

- Beta Team -

Wolf let loose with a string of livid curses as he fought to right his Marasai after the shoulder charge he had landed on the traitor. Ashlyn had moved slightly at the last second avoiding death by meters and throwing off the angle of attack enough to send both suits careening off of each other. Wolf didn’t understand it. It seemed like the Destiny was mocking him. Fritz looked like he was still distracted by the pink one! What had been a chance of a lifetime to likely end his worthless life turned into another embarrassment. It was too much. His suit’s monoeye tracked back and forth angrily as he righted himself, rifle at the ready. Off behind Ashlyn, the pink one suddenly shot away at high speed, leaving the traitor with one less source of support.

“That is IT!” he bellowed as his computer finally got a handle on Fritz’ Rick Dias again, and the system slowly adjusted. He had had enough of chasing Ashlyn and coming up short, he had had enough of lesser men like that puke Nick Te’litha chipping away at his family’s sacrifice and hard work, and he had had enough of being ignored. “You can’t ignore me forever! Finish your damned conversation in hell!” he raged, charging Fritz’ suit again. It wouldn’t be false to say Wolf Ritter could be a very cold hearted man, but he had never wanted someone dead as much as he did at that moment. He had spent his entire life watching his family and those closest to him be taken away, and it was time to strike back. Fritz was not the first and he wouldn’t be the last man Wolf killed for the Destiny. He fired several shots from the Jovi’s beam rifle as he made another attempt to close the gap and end things.

- Herakles Team -

Court’s face twisted into a frown as the Nemo charged through his 120mm fire, its shield and body armor shrugging the bursts off almost entirely. “This guy isn’t getting the message!” he complained, but soon Morrow’s support fire forced Miller into a climb. One of the last shots grazed the Nemo’s leg, but it wasn’t accurate enough to neutralize the enemy completely. Court took advantage of the moment of reduced pressure, backing away again and reorienting so that he appeared to be upside down to Jonathon as he ‘ascended’ in a new direction below the Nemo. “Heads up,” Morrow warned, “He’s back to the rifle,” as Miller switched weapons to deal with the changed circumstances. Several beams passed below Court as the two enemy suits revolved around each other, and Morrow was slow to take advantage as he tracked the new direction of travel.

“I’m running out of ammo. We need to find an opening to fall back,” Court said, irritated by their situation. Weeks and Lepak were both gone, which left him and Morrow to fend for themselves in the middle of everything. “Yeah, I’m running low on propellant. I’ll-- wait! Watch it! There’s another one!” Morrow yelled, throwing his Hizack onto its side and hitting his verniers to avoid Rick Archer’s shots. “Damn it. It’s too dangerous. Back off and head for the fleet. I’ll cover us,” he growled, backing away from Miller and Archer at full speed. Court slowed down and flipped over before heading for Echo ahead of his wingman as Morrow fired several shots in the AEUG’s general direction to discourage pursuit.

- Kalinin Team -

“Yeah, looks like it. Hold on…” Bate said, interrupting his team’s chatter as the two Barzams from Delta team drew closer. He floated ahead of his subordinates and tried to hail Kyle and Cara. “Uh, Delta? Jesus, you guys got roughed up. Alpha came back first, but you’re clear to land,” he said, adjusting the connection. He wasn’t sure if he was talking to Lt. Kamek or not. Before a reply came, behind the Hizacks from the Kalinin flares rose and blossomed above the ships of Taskforce Echo. “If I’ve been paying attention, that’s the recall order. You guys go ahead and withdraw; we’ll stay out here and cover everyone as they come back,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Outside the Gate of Zedan’s P Field -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

“Flares up. They might be getting ready to join general retreat, sir. I know I’d be politely suggesting we move the ship out of the way of Axis if we were in their place,” Wade observed, calling the captain’s attention to the recall flares exploding above Taskforce Echo. Abbey nodded and said with a wry smile, “Their whole evacuation has been sloppy. I’d have pulled out already,”. Wade chuckled and shook his head, “And Capt. Loweno would want to stare the thing down until the last second. Thank God I have a conscience. I picked the right side and ended up watching from over here,”. “Still a little too close if you ask me,” Jane said, eliciting agreement from Filmore and Jungst. Barrique floated back to her station to continue monitoring the fleet for the captain.

“Ah… More suits coming in,” Jane reported, getting back to relaying information. She listened and watched for a moment as the hangar crew confirmed Pan’s abrupt landing and then announced, “Ltjg. Heyden has returned… requesting refuel and recharge…”. Richard turned to listen when he heard Pan’s name. After seeing the footage of what happened to Jim he had a few choice words for Heyden to say the least. The message continued, and she frowned slightly, “Sounds like Chief Sager is a little confused,”. Barrique leaned in and asked, “What do you mean?”. She shook her head and said, “It sounds like Sager gave his suit a once-over and doesn’t think his situation is very urgent,”. The XO held up a hand and floated over to the handset mounted on the wall next to the bridge door. “Patch me in,” he ordered, lifting the receiver. “What’s going on down there with Pan?” he asked when the line clicked.

“Rich, the JG damn near crash landed in here like his hair was on fire or something, sir. We moved in figuring he was injured or had a problem with his computer, and he comes out of his Dias lighting a cigarette like he’s on a break. He’s burned a little more than half his propellant and he lost a binder, but he shoulda had at least ten more minutes of flight time unless we missed something,” Sager half-yelled to be heard over the hangar noise now that suits were coming back and work was underway. Barrique’s eyes narrowed and his grip tightened on the handset. He was too much of a coward to continue fighting the enemy when they needed him the most, but gunning down a comrade was no problem.

Richard had read some of the things the AEUG had dug up on Pan after their incident at the nurses’ station. Apparently friendly fire and insubordination were par for the course with him. Well, Barrique wouldn’t have it. “Where is Heyden now?” he demanded. “Looks like he headed for Team 1’s ready room. We’re refueling his Rick Dias now,” Sager answered. Barrique scowled and said, “Fine. I’m coming down there to sort this BS out once and for all,”. “Uh, yes si--” Sager began to respond as Richard slammed the headset back onto its mount. He was about to move through the door when Capt. Abbey’s voice called out, “Rich,”. Barrique turned and straightened up. “Sir?”.

Abbey turned in his chair and looked him in the eye. “Don’t go down there looking for trouble, Richard. I know Pan has given you headaches in the past, but don’t make it personal. If there’s trouble, call a security team,” Abbey sternly instructed his XO. Barrique inhaled and exhaled deeply and replied, “Sir,” before turning sharply and departing the bridge. Abbey turned back in his seat and looked down at his hands folded in his lap. “It’s a damn shame about Ltjg. MacAlpin. It’s painful to see so many young people taken away in a war that didn’t have to happen. A damn shame,”.

- Hangar -

Barrique adjusted his uniform’s belt, pulling it back up into place after zero-g travel on a gripper twisted it because of his sidearm’s weight. Maybe not changing into a normal suit was a mistake. He came to a stop just inside the hangar and scanned it quickly to make sure Pan hadn’t gone back to his suit yet. Sager approached, wiping grease from his gloves onto a rag and his coveralls. “Is he still in the ready room?” Barrique asked as he kicked off in that direction. “You going to talk to him or what?” Sager asked, unaware of what had happened to Jim. The captain had decided to not inform the crew of losses during the battle unless it was necessary. “I’m going to talk to him all right. The son of a bitch killed MacAlpin and ran back here. At least he could be man enough to stay out there and keep fighting the Titans,” Richard answered as he passed the head mechanic.

“He what?” Sager reacted, dropping the rag. It slowly floated away as Barrique entered the hallway that connected to the teams’ locker areas.

- The Hamburg -

“Emington’s Nemo has come to a stop, sir. Crash nets didn’t deploy in time but he managed it anyway,” Lt. Stalvern announced grimly, “Looks like it’s Korbel and Izuruha right behind him,”. Loweno rose from his seat and replied, “Good, good. That’s all four. A confirmed kill and all of our pilots back, thank God for that,”. Stalvern nodded in agreement and then continued as more info came in, “Medical teams have been dispatched to the hangar…”. Capt. Loweno and the rest of the crew on the bridge were silent for a moment. “Make sure sick bay is ready to receive anyone with injuries. I don’t want to lose a man after he’s fought to get back to the ship,” he ordered.

- Hangar -

Mechanics and medical crews swarmed to the three Nemos almost before they came to a full stop. Each one had several medics and a couple of mechanics at the hatch ready to deal with whatever awaited them inside the cockpit. Randy’s Nemo was doused with foam in several spots after the crash as a preventative measure, and the crew began to secure the suits to prevent them from moving further. A space was cleared and landing lights began to blink again, giving Adam Trask a spot to return to.

- Gate of Zedan, P Field -

- Team 1 -

"You're no different! How was I supposed to talk sense into him? This is a ZOINKS war! Not a ZOINKS Tea party."

Fritz couldn’t believe his eyes as Pan abruptly turned and left the area, abandoning him and Michiko in the midst of Beta Team and the group of Hizacks. He didn’t have much time to think about it, as Wolf once again capitalized on his stupor to attack. “You’re no different,” his voice echoed in Fritz mind. “Neither of us are good father figures… you’re no different…”. It was true that Pan had pulled the trigger, but Fritz knew he had put he and Jim into that situation. MacAlpin was dead, and they were at each other’s throats trying to pin the blame on each other. But maybe Pan had it right. Fritz moved the reticule across Wolf’s path and fired a pair of quick, poorly aimed shots that were easily evaded. “I’m sorry, kid,” Fritz whispered, raising his suit’s good arm in a sloppy effort to shield himself.

Wolf’s first shot grazed the edge of the right shoulder’s armor, deforming it and blackening paint as it passed. It was quickly followed by the second that sliced through the right forearm, blowing the arm in half, and the third that slammed directly into the shoulder removing the limb entirely with an explosion below the top joint. Fritz yelled wordlessly as his suit reeled from the blast and the right side of his panoramic view blanked out. The indicators that showed his suit’s condition flashed as the computer worked overtime to update the controls and manage the damage, and more than half of the small Rick Dias outline faded to crimson. Besides both arms being gone, there was structural damage to the foot and an urgent warning blinking “-->AIR<--” in his direct field of vision.

He managed to fire verniers to negate the backwards momentum form the explosion, but was still dazed enough that he couldn’t move out of the way in time to prevent Wolf from catching up again. Wolf had let the beam rifle go and pulled out a beam saber in his suit’s left hand, and the right grabbed and held the Rick Dias in place by the top of its head. The Marasai filled the monitors again, the eye tracking as Ritter took in the view. Fritz blinked slowly and reached up to close his helmet’s visor to protect him from the air leak, and he thought it was strange his nose was running until he realized it was blood. “I’ve got you now, bastard,” Ritter’s voice echoed into the cockpit. Fritz reached out an unsteady hand and tried to boost backwards again but something shorted out and only the chest verniers fired, causing the two suits to barely move.

“Go to hell,” Fritz spat, trying to blink the blurriness from his vision. Wolf laughed, the tinny sound of skin talk projecting it into Fritz’ ears. “This is for Mercedes,” he denounced, his laugh cutting off suddenly, “Tod allen Verrätern,”. He raised the beam saber, and Fritz closed his eyes. “I’m sorry, Liese.

WHAM!

“Stay away from him!!”. Michiko’s Rick Dias smashed into Wolf’s Marasai at nearly full speed. The Titan’s grip on the top of the Rick Dias’ head caused it to rip the cover of the phalanx guns away and destroy the mechanism as Fritz was sent into an uncontrolled tumble. Ritter’s beam saber sliced across the cannon mounted on Michiko’s suit, mangling it as the two tangled together. Michi used the moment of surprise to push away from Wolf’s MS and grab Fritz’ by the intact left shoulder. Wolf used his verniers to right himself, and he was about to come at the two again when a beam and some machinegun fire flew between them. The remaining Hizacks had come to his aid, but had inadvertently given Michiko enough time to back away with Fritz’ suit and begin heading for the Dervish.

“NO!” Wolf roared, snatching Jovi’s beam rifle from where it floated in space nearby. “You‘re all worthless! Worthless!” he yelled, shoving the closest Hizack away roughly. He took off after Michiko and Fritz at full speed, firing a beam neatly through the gut of the Hizack that had fired the beam rifle between them. “Fritz? Fritz!” Michiko yelled, trying to get him to answer as she tried to get away from Wolf and the rest of the nearby Titans. “I’m here,” Fritz answered finally after seconds of silence, “Thank you,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gate of Zedan, P Field Perimeter -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

"You still can't see three minutes ahead of you, can you, Wald?"

Pizal spun around to find Julian Meighan back on the bridge next to Vada‘s station, arms crossed. If his words weren’t enough, the scathing look on his face made it crystal clear what he thought of Wald’s method of dealing with MacAlpin. What arrogance. The sheer brazen self-importance Julian carried with him everywhere almost made Pizal want to laugh. Almost. Now that his disdain was directed squarely at him, it only made him thoroughly angry and embarrassed. Maybe Meighan was trying to humiliate him in front of his own crew. If only Julian knew how lucky he was that Wald hadn’t heard his comment about Gihren. If Pizal was dedicated to Haman-sama, then he was a zealot for Minerva Zabi and the name she carried. He had decided to join the Zeon military after hearing one of Gihren’s speeches, and he had remained devoted to him during and after the war.

Meighan reached over and called up a recording of the destruction of the AEUG’s mobile suit. During his spiel, Pizal stayed silent through force of will. Vada and the other crew on the bridge seemed to be holding their breath as they looked back and forth between Julian and Wald. “And another thing?” Julian added as he finished, “If you're worried that I might be a double agent for the AEUG, say so. I have nothing to hide from Lady Haman, and I certainly hope you don't, either,”. Pizal floated over to Julian as “forcefully” as he could in the zero-g environment. “Are you finished with your prattle?” he asked, seething. “Apparently I was not made aware that you are a newtype, Ltjg. Meighan, because I have yet to see proof that the machine destroyed belonged to James MacAlpin.”

“I was put in charge of this ship for a reason. I’m not here to play the head games you Haman knights do, so if you want to threaten me then be man enough to come out and do so directly,” he railed, rising up to his full height as he stood within arm’s length of Julian. With a scowl he added, “And another thing? It’s CAPTAIN Wald to you,” as he swung a backhanded slap at Julian’s face.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Cybaster

-Julian-

Julian was no slouch, either --- as Wald swung a backhand at his face, Julian's own hand moved and gripped the swinging hand by the wrist, momentarily struggling for dominance as both arms shook. Julian on the other hand made no illusions --- he hated Gihren, who was brutally effective for all the wrong reasons, and whose megalomania distracted much of Zeon from fighting the war properly. Gihren's mismanagement --- letting Revil escape had been the first of many mistakes --- was just as much to blame for the loss of the One Year War as Kishiria was for shooting him in the first place, and Mineva (born to Dozul, who had honestly been the only competent and sane Zabi in the family) represented a new start as much as she did a distancing from Gihren's Hitler-like legacy. "Wasn't aware that I was one, Captain Wald, but there aren't that many Rick Diases in the 4th, only Heyden has a pink one, and there's only one Rick Dias pilot I know in it that would possibly have a reason to defect *and* would get shot at by his own teammates for it. Besides, why don't you go ask Abbey who the responsible pilots were? I'm sure he'll be willing to give you an answer...oh, wait, I'm apparently under your suspicion as a double agent; Asking him won't do because you'll somehow be blurting out state secrets to my face, wouldn't it?"

At that, Julian let go and all but threw Wald's arm towards the ground as he floated away forcefully, with a snort of derisiveness, and landed in front of the bridge doors as Julian promptly walked out of the bridge altogether. What's done was done; It would be Wald who would reap the whirlwind. "Since you're busy directing this battle, I'll leave you alone to your commanding, Captain."
Last edited by Cybaster on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Lans

- Hamburg Team –

- Alfred

Al was first to be recovered, cautiously he was removed from the cockpit and transported back to the sick bay. He didn’t really know what’s happened, his mental strength already exhausted. He only registered light and dark changing continuously. Although he lost some blood, his injuries are not fatal. The problem lies within his mental physique.

The previous months, while other recuperated from exhaustion Al’s condition turned to worse. He returned home but didn’t dare to set foot on his home, avoiding conflict with his parents. Tried to manage back his normal life, filled it with people who he still consider friends. But he never felt rested, always burdened. Less and less sleep… more and more alcohol.

The young man never realized. His choice to fight was in direct collision with his very own ideal and past experience. The fade and ever changing red light and dark in the ship’s corridor bring him back memories of the past. For a moment, his nostrils flared, smelled the mixed smell of blood, sweat, and saliva on his helmet. The sting in his nose drive him nuts, awakened distant recollection. And then the scene flashed the scene of the day before the New Year eye. The day…. the girl killed the man!… Al succumbed to his fatigue and fainted completely.

- Randy

Adam’s voice is the first he heard after the landing, “"Nice one, Lt. Randy. Anyone need some help?"

“Man, that was close. Almost didn’t make it.” Emington saw instinctively to the deck and saw Adam’s suit floating nearby while holding what looks like his shield. “Try to assist Korbel or Al, they might need some help. I’ll get to you in a minute.”

Two men in normal suits climbed to his hatch door while some other sprayed foam to some suspected areas. Randy saw the men and opened his hatch door. They asked almost immediately, “You okay, sir?”

“I’m okay, go tell the medic to go to the other two Nemos. And where the hell are they?” He thought he already requested them to be ready.

Another man approached, Randy recognized him as the chief mechanic. “Damn you sir! Your erratic acrobatic action nearly got us killed. I can’t blame the medic team to run away after seeing your landing style.” he chuckled, obviously rather happy about all this.

Randy jokingly replied back, “I hope the Captain wouldn’t mind too much about all this. I don’t want to end up in brig after the fight ended,” he checked the MS status via the console screen just below his HUD and added, “Get your men to safety I’ll move this suit to its place.”

The men floated back to safety while Randy moved his Nemo to its berth place. He floated to the changing room while waiting for his suit to be readied. Medical personnel accompanied with some crew passed nearby and insisted on checking his condition. Randy didn’t have the will to argue. He complied with the request while helping himself up with drink and combat rations the crew brought with them. He knew, the fight isn’t over yet and he still needed to fight for another sortie, perhaps even more.

They left him to recuperate after satisfied that there aren’t any injuries or wounds. Randy put the cheese biscuit box away while floating rather freely. He longed for gravity to rest his back. There he stayed there as long as he could to regain his strength and then changed into spare pilot suit. Instantly he felt refreshed by the absence of sweat. He wiped his helmet, donned it and floated back to his suit.
ScornMandark

Dervish
- Hangar -

Rem looked up as suits started coming in. The first, as Sagar floated past, was mangled and scorched. Rem locked his helmet in and flexed his hands in his gloves. "Sorry Ms. Coggs, I've gotta go help. I'll sleep when everyone's back in." He nodded to her and started to kick off the deck towards Curren's MS, then stopped. He turned back to her with a question. "Don't know what you're up to, but I really could use a third hand with some of these cables, and maybe a fresh set of eyes. Game for it?" He wasn't sure if she wanted to, most people didn't have the drive for mechanicals that he did, but he didn't really want to stop talking with her just yet.

**Either way**

As he was diving in with a data pack next to a few of the other MS mechanics, more suits started to enter the hangar. A violently pink one landed, and the pilot blew out like a decompressing airlock. Thing of it was, it didn't look all that damaged. Maybe Pan was fighting conservatively... Rem voiced the thought aloud to the people next to him. Mostly because it seemed totally out of character from what he had heard of the man.

Further out, it looked like a few more suits were beginning to make their way in. The reload and rearm on Curren's suit was nearly done, it looked like Pan's wouldn't take too long either, so Rem figured he'd head for the grouping point where some of the mechanics were gathering, ready for the next bunch. He had a sneaking suspicion that they wouldn't be nearly so neat of repair jobs.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
wonton bob

- Delta Team -
- Ltjg.Kyle Roberts -

“If I ’ve been paying attention, that’s the recall order. You guys go ahead and withdraw; we’ll stay out here and cover everyone as they come back,”

"Roger. Be advised, no one else from Delta team will be returning." Kyle replied.

Kyle understood a need to guard the fleet, but damn if they could have used that squad out there. As Delta team approached the Kirov, he opened a comm to check in.

"Ltjg. Roberts reporting. Delta team minus one coming in."

- Hamburg Team -
- Hanger -

Bernard sat back and relaxed when he felt all momentum stop and medics rushed in the cockpit. They wiped the dried blood around his nose and temporarily bandaged his eyes. He felt them wrap a larger bandage around his head to hold the smaller one in place. When he was asked if he was ready, Bernard gave a thumbs up and was helped out of the cockpit. Refusing a stretcher ride Bernard was led out of the hanger.

- Axis -
- Bindra Team -

"...do you intend to question Lady Haman?"

Seeing Graden's knuckle buster aimed at his back through his rear camera, Matthew cracks a smile and whispers to himself. "Copying AEUG's tactics now are we, Sir?"

Matthew turns the Gaza-C around and joins back in formation.

"NO, no Sir! I won't question Lady Haman. As long as she speaks for the Zabi dynasty and its true heir."
Last edited by wonton bob on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
mcred23

-Team 2-

The flight was one of the most harrowing experiences that Eddie Eckardy could recall from his life, and it seemed to take forever. Eddies' Rick Dias Customs' left arm was wrapped around the waist of Ian Greydons' Rick Dias, with Marvin on Greydons' right, his arm similarly wrapped as they flew the shattered machine back to the Dervish. They were slowed somewhat, partly because the extra weight of trying to move another mobile suit that wasn't under its own power, and partly because both conscious pilots were worried about their comrade. Greydon had groaned once or twice and that was all they'd heard from him, but it was enough, they knew he was alive.

What had made the flight worse was the fact that, oh yeah, they were in the middle of a combat zone. Although no enemy MS had made a pass at them, the trio was more or less on the AEUG side of space, beams were still flashing past. Several had come painfully close, forcing them to dodge, which was hardly easy. Eckardy would scream a direction, and he and Marvin would drop or juke left or right to avoid the random beams, but it only made things worse. The Rick Dias they tried to carry would shift badly, banging into the other machines with terribly loud crashes that had left the torsos of all three machines with notable dents and scratches. That was nothing for Eckardy and Hamilton, but chunks of Greydon's machine had come off. It was literally falling apart in their arms.

They had lost all track of time, but, finally, the 4th came into view. None of the three paid any attention to the formation, only that they were clear from the lines of fire and where the Dervish was. Eckardy tried hailing the ship, it took three attempts before it was anything other than static went through.

"BZT-ay again?", Jane's voice, suddenly becoming clear enough to understand.

"Medical team to the hangar." Eckardy reported, keeping it short so it was hopefully clear.

"Acknowledged." Jane replied and cut the channel. Eckardy switched the channel to the skin talk he had going with Marvin, just in time to hear the younger man ask, "How are we going to land?".

"Sideways. I lead." Eckardy snapped, having not really thought that far ahead. Three MS, particularly big Rick Dias', couldn't go in shoulder to shoulder, but there was enough room in the hanger for them to side step in. They slowed and slowed and slowed. It felt like they had stopped all foward motion as they closed with the port side catapult of the Dervish. Eddie seemed to hold his hover just above the deck for minutes, although a part of his mind told him, in colorful fashion, that it had only taken a few seconds, before his foot came down. Marvin was down a moment later, they, and the suit they carried, facing into the ship. "Up." Eckardy said, moving his Dias' arm up to life Ians' machine a little more. Cowboy did so, and both started moving their MS ackwardly to the right and into the hangar.

The hangar looked unusual this empty, with only two machines in it, and brought back some bad memories for both Eckardy and Hamilton. Wes Currens machine, with its B-type gear, was in its usual spot, a team of mechanics working to reload and refuel it. Pan Heyden's pink machine was back, missing a binder, and more mechanics were starting to work on it. However, everyone turned to watch the unusual process that brought in the wrecked MSA-099. As soon as Marvin's Dias set foot inside, they turned and placed Greydon's machine in the first berth, which actually belonged to Clute Tideland of Team 3. As soon as the two intact Dias let go of Ians', mechanics locked it down, and the other two machines moved to their own spots and the pilots quickly hopped out as the hangar doors shut for a few minutes to allow them to get Ian out.

Eckardy rocketed out of the hatch and toward Ians' machine on the other side of the hangar, leaving his machine to Tony Jones, who began to supervise a short handed crew in getting Eckardy's Dias ready for action. He arrived expecting Ian to be getting pulled out, but damage to the hatch had prevented it from opening. A mechanic was using a laser torch on its lowest setting to pop the hatch open, with a trio of medics behind him, with Eckardy and others behind them, while others began to take stock of the massive damage done to the mobile suit.

"Okay, I got it!", the mechanic with the torch yelled and placed his tool in a pouch on the belt of his normal suit. The hatch popped open and instantly the three medics shoved their way inside, and the sight prompted the mechanic to turn white and mutter, "Holy s***...".

Eckardy couldn't see what was going inside, only the medics moving around, but globs of blood floating out of the cockpit had attracted more attention. Even those working on the damage were glancing back toward the cockpit every few seconds. One of the medics readied a folding stretcher, while the other two attended to the worst of Greydons' wounds so that he could be moved. And then, Ian was placed in the stretcher and two of the medics carried him out for all in the hangar to see. Bandages covered numerious minor wounds on his arms and left side. A mask was on his face, feeding him with some gas that could keep him unconcious. The worst sight was a tourniquet on the stump of a left knee. The two medics raced toward an airlock that would lead them to the medical ward. The third medic emerged from the cockpit a moment later, carrying Ians yellow helmet, and more ominously, a black bag whose contents were all too clear. One mechanic, a younger man who hadn't been with the ship that long, vomited somewhere behind Eckardy, who simply floated there, eyes wide in shock, unsure of what to do. Slowly, the crews started going back to work, and Eckardy moved back toward his own Dias, waiting to go back into combat.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Attomoku

-Gamma team

Nick picked his way back to Echo finding nothing but dust and debris, and glided past the Kalinin team and into the Kirov after Delta. He was highly surprised when he saw Drossel's suit was back (thought virtually unrecognizable) and even more so when he realized how happy that made him that he might be alive after all.
After berthing his suit and yelling at the mechanics to "hop to it" he inquired about Jason along his way to the bridge. When told that he was indeed alive he smiledand thought that "that damn kid must be growin' on me."
He reached the bridge and found Stukov with Trent and came up behind them on the side of the chair opposite of the Russian.
"Hey Trent, I hate to sound like a broken record, but I don't suppose we could escape now and leave Wolf and his team to rot?" he asked bemusedly while watching the time until Axis struck tick down and flashed a sly grin at the Captain.

-Buxoro Team

Lt. Robin and the team approached the ship without incident. He was thinking how to do this.
"Ok, Ens. Melton is undamaged, and Ltjg. Faraday and myself have both legs and can land effectively, so he and I will land first," he said motioning at Aaron, "get stowed away and start repairs. You two will cover in the meantime." Elijah passed the Nemo's rifle to Tyler. "Take this. Now, once we're square then Melton can land and while he gets tucked in we'll set up the crash netting in case something goes awry with your landing." and now gestured at the shredded leg on Tyler's Hizack.

Robin approached first and touched down nicely. Once inside, he shut down the suit but couldn't pop the hatch. He figured that one of those last point blank vulcan rounds from Al musta done something so now all he could do was wait until the repair team could wrench him out.

-Balrampur

Dr. Proud was in the Medical bay where she would help with incoming wounded wherever possible. When she protested that emergency medicine wasn't her field the pragmatic ship's Doctor pointed out that, though ages ago, she had gone though clinical rotations and would be much better suited assisting than the cook. But no wounded had shown and though she counted that as a blessing, it also meant that she had nothing to preoccupy her self with. She kept coming back to the fact that she was far out of her element while in a 290 meter steel coffin surrounded by vacuum; and that the coffin she was in was fighting other coffins!
Ashley pushed these thoughts aside and pressed the Locket against her flesh through the normal suit she wore and told herself that she would come home.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
hellbore

- Hamburg Team -

Adam, His Nemo still gripping Randy's shield, delicately entered the top hatch to the hanger an touched down in the cleared space. Setting the shield to one side, He walked the Nemo through the buzz of activity to the last free berth. Setting the suit to idle he popped the hatch and floated free, he yellow pilot suit standing out among the white the crew wore. As his Nemo had just been in, its was basically being ignored as the more damaged and drain Nemo's were being taken care of.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Wedge14

Barrique came to a stop outside Team 1’s locker room and adjusted his uniform again as he thought about what was likely about to go down. Pan had a big mouth and he wasn’t afraid of bucking up to a superior in front of other crew members, so who knew what he would do in a room alone with him. Richard decided he had to take the initiative and make it clear he wouldn’t tolerate Hayden’s crap. He took a deep breath and then keyed the door open.

When he entered the room he found Pan facing away from him, leaning against the bank of lockers with his head resting against his forearm. The lieutenant tensed up and his jaw set. “Heyden! You really did it this time,” he boomed, ready and waiting to gauge Pan’s reaction.

Pan heard, rich enter and was actually relieved it wasn’t Fritz or Michiko. Still he wasn’t very happy about Barrique interrupting his time alone. Pan banged his fist against the crumpled locker door, not even turning to face Barrique. “Piss off Zeke, I’m not in the mood for your crap!”

“Typical,” Barrique thought. He also knew he was lucky he didn’t coax a violent reaction out of him. Yet. Rich stuck his thumbs into his belt and continued to glare at Pan, who still had his back turned. He shook his head slightly as he threatened, “You don’t have a choice this time. This isn’t like the nurses’ station, Pan,”. He stepped further into the room, deciding it was time to act before Pan did. “I saw what you did - we’ve got a recording of it,” Richard said, using his low baritone to intimidate, “It’s not the first time either, is it? I know what you did in ‘83. You’ve got a problem, Pan, and I intend to solve it.”

Heyden turned to face Barrique taking a slow drag from his smoke. It be nice if the prick just left him alone and let him enjoy it, but it didn’t seem like this would be the case. Barrique was pushing buttons he should’ve been smart enough to not touch. Heyden grinned as he cracked his neck and put his cigarette out. Taking a step forward he threatened: “You’re the one with the problem!”

Rich’s lip curled into a snarl as Pan slowly got in his face. “You’re right, Pan. I’m looking at him,” he retorted, rising up to his full height to look Pan in the eye, “I’d advise you to back off if you’re thinking about getting clever with me, JG. There’s nobody else here to stop me once we get started this time,”. So that was it. Heyden wasn’t going to back down now that he was riled up. He slowly let his hands drop back to his sides.

Barrique waited until they were practically nose to nose before he shoved Pan back into the lockers. The pilot recovered amazingly fast in spite of his fatigue from the battle and he threw a strong, wide haymaker aimed right for Rich’s jaw. The XO flinched and managed to duck the punch, but he wasn’t expecting Pan to react to quickly. He managed to grab Heyden’s arm at the end of the swing, and kick off the floor to move around behind him to twist it behind his back.

His other arm snaked around Pan’s neck, putting him into a restraint hold. Richard growled into his ear, “You really screwed up this time, Heyden. Shooting MacAlpin was bad enough, but then you left the battlefield without permission and took a swing at a superior again. Don’t waste your time arguing either. Who do you think they’re going to believe?”

Pan struggled as the slightly bigger Barrique put him in some kind of restraint. The pilot was fatigued from the battle, but with the surge of emotions that had passed him so quickly he was suddenly firing on all cylinders because of the adrenaline .Heyden kicked off the floor sending him and Barrique tumbling backwards and slamming Barrique into Jim MacAlpin’s locker. “Whens the last time you went out and piloted!” Pan grunted as Barriques grip loosened and Pan tried to fling him over his shoulder. Thanks to zero-g Barrique was easily tossed over Pan's shoulder, and he collided with the wall across from them with a rough "Oof!". Pan followed the throw with a kick that him in the side, making him wince from pain even though his ribs were fully mended. He struggled in space, scrambling to grab the wall or anything that would let him right himself. Barrique's feet managed to find the floor and he used it to come at Pan again, intending to press a forearm across his throat and grab his normal suit by the collar.

They stumbled back towards the lockers as Rich’s hand clutched a handful of Pan’s normal suit at the neck. "I'm serving the best way I can, Heyden. I did my time as a pilot, and I managed to avoid murdering any of my own wingmen doing it. If you know what's good for you, you'll stop resisting and surrender yourself. But by all means, please keep fighting me. Give me an excuse,” Barrique hissed, trying to catch his breath.

Heyden struggled to break free from Barrique’s grasp again and retaliated by sending an elbow to the man’s ribs. “Getting your ass handed to you by me isn’t much of a service record.”

Rich struggled to maintain his hold on Pan after the second blow to the ribs, and he tried in vain to hook a leg behind one of Heyden’s to gain leverage but it turned into a clumsy grapple. He was starting to really feel the kick and elbow to the midsection, and he found that it was hard to maintain his level of exertion. His old injury and the scuffle were making it difficult to take deep breaths.

“Enough! Let go and I might just throw you in the brig if you’re lucky,” Barrique grunted. He was beginning to realize that Pan would probably overpower him in a one on one fight if things continued in this way. He put the pain in his side out of his mind and pushed back harder. “You’re just making it worse!”

Heyden smirked as he lowered his center of gravity and took Barrique off his feet and into the floor. “You won’t be taking me anywhere!” He shouted pulling his arm back and letting his fist fly. “Eat it bitch!”

The tackle took Barrique down roughly, causing his head to bounce off the deck. Pan was on top of him before he could react, but he managed to raise his left arm to shield his face before the punch connected hard on his sternum. “Gah!” he yelled as he was struck. He tried to push Pan away, but they were too tangled together and the lack of gravity made it difficult for him to use his weight. “Get off me! I’m warning you!” Rich croaked, gasping for breath. He reached down with his free right hand and fumbled for his sidearm while he tried to get away from Pan.

Heyden pushed Barrique to the floor as he silently raised his right arm and continued to throw punches. He suddenly noticed Barrique reaching for his belt, he changed up his straight forward assault and grabbed at Barriques wrist. “What do you need that for Rich? Wouldn’t wanna shoot an ally wouldya?”

Another pair of punches caused Barrique to grunt in pain again and accidentally bite the inside of his mouth giving his saliva a hint of copper. He struggled to move his right hand, and managed to draw the pistol out of its holster despite Pan’s death grip on his wrist. “You’re done, Heyden! I’m placing you under arrest for murder, insubordination, and striking a superior officer!” Barrique threatened, getting desperate. He strained to turn his hand enough to point the gun at Heyden, but only managed to force it between them. It remained pointed at the wall at an angle.

And in a moment of pure chivalry and honour, Pan quickly jerks his knee landing a blow right between Barriques legs. “I’m not going to the brig!”

The knee to the groin understandably made Barrique's resistance falter, and the gun crept further away from pointing at Pan. With his arm pushed so that the pistol was almost level between them, he tried once again with most of his remaining strength to get out from under Pan, but the pilot‘s grip just forced them closer to each other. Rich slipped his finger onto the gun’s trigger and wriggled again until the two men slammed against the lockers, Pan's body pinning Barrique down.

"You... had your chance! Get off... or I'll shoot!" Richard strained through his teeth. The pain from the punches and knees radiated through his body. The gun was trapped between their chests as he tried one last time to force it in Pan's direction. If he could only get it pointed at Heyden, he could finally get his attention with a real threat and end the fight. As his hand and the weapon was ground against Pan's body, his fingers were pressed together and the trigger was pulled.

Pan kicked off Barrique grasping at his chest, in pain in shock. Goblets of blood started to form around the room. But it wasn’t his. Barrique was half floating on the floor with a hole in his chest. The bastard shot himself. He was struggling to breath, Pan reacted quick tearing open Michiko’s locker door and pulling out one of her pink pullover sweaters. Quickly crouching beside Barrique Pan pressed the sweater into in the wound. He had to somehow stop the bleeding. “Rich ya dumb bastard hold on man!” Pan managed to grunt his voice wavering as he kept pressure on the wound. It didn’t matter how hard Heyden pressed, the lack of gravity was making it an uphill battle.

Barrique felt the blow of the bullet hitting him, but it took what seemed like several of the longest seconds of his life for the pain to rush in at full force. It was worse than his broken ribs - worse than anything he had ever felt, like a burning knife had been forced into his upper chest. His jaw dropped open, and he released his grip on the gun in shock. It floated away from his hand as Pan rooted through Michiko's locker for something to use to try and stop the bleeding. He clutched at his chest in a panic, gurgling as he tried to clear the blood from his throat. Pan moved his hand away and pressed the sweater against the wound, and Richard's legs began to work restlessly as he writhed on the floor. "I--" Rich tried to speak, coughing as he struggled to draw in a breath, "I wasn't... going to s-shoot y--".

Heyden, really wasn’t sure what to do. At first he liked Barrique, but that seemed like a long time ago. Ever since the man rose in rank, he had become a pain. But now he lied here dying. Seeing a person die like this was a lot different from the quick simple explosion of a mobile suit. “You shoulda shot me Rich! I didn’t want to shoot jim…”

Barrique blinked slowly, his eyes not focused on Pan, and he managed to take another low, ragged breath. He started to move less, and his breathing turned shallow and rapid until it wasn't clear he was still alive at all just from looking at him. Nobody seemed to have noticed the shot because of the hangar noise, and no one came to check on Pan because of the work started on Team 2's mobile suits. After another 30 seconds, Barrique's grip on the bloodied sweater relaxed and his arm floated freely above his body. Pan was alone again in Team 1's ready room.

“FUCK!” Heyden said rising to his feet. The pilot wasn’t a Doctor, but he knew Barrique was dead. The ready room was turning red and Pan’s gloves were thoroughly stained. The number 238 flashed through Heyden’s mind. 238 of his own allies had now been killed by those blood stained hands. The overwhelming sensation of guilt made the man tremble for a moment. He awoke as his helmet softly bumped into his leg.

Heyden quickly snatched it up and clicked it into place. “I’ll see you soon Jim, you too Rich” He said as he left the locker room slipping out without anyone noticing what had just transpired.

Heyden was early, Sagers crews were still loading a bazooka for his machine, but the fuel crews were long gone. They mechanics and the other people who were in the hangar were surprised to see the Pink Rick dias suddenly fly off the catapults alone.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Lans

- Hamburg Team -

- Randy

A hangar crew in white normal suit saw the Lieutenant floated toward his Nemo. He approached and filled the CO with some info he deemed important. “Ensign Izuruha is out of commission. Sick bay said he got similar symptom s to mental break down patient,” he read the worried look over the CO’s face before continued, “he’ll recover in time, I’m sure he will…”

The person's last sentence sounded more like a wish to Randy, but he cannot blame him for that. “and Ensign Korbel?” Randy asked the person.

“Ensign Korbel is still recuperate, doctor still working on him. Sir, your suit will be ready in two minutes. We fixed the head camera, the face plate was slightly damaged. But we can't replace the right arm wrist outer armor casing, we need more time for that,” the crew left to his post after wishing him a good luck.

Randy entered the cockpit and saw the broken screen panel already replaced by the new one. On activation procedure, the console and HUD showed all-green status. Something came to mind. He opened the channel and search for a person. “Hey, pops. It’s Emington. Listen, theoretically this machine could handle two beam weapons right? Can I bring another beam rifle for spare?”

“For spare… well, I don’t see why not. We got spares for the other two machines anyway. But as if you really need it that much,” said the chief mechanic while pausing his work on the Nemo cannon, “It’s up to you Lieutenant. Just remember not use it simultaneously on both hands, the reactor won’t hold up.”

“Thanks pops, I owe you again.” Randy received the ready signal and moved his Nemo from its berth. His screen showed a bridge personnel who cleared him to take off while remind him not to use the catapult, “…the deck is not yet cleared from earlier landing.”

The screen flickered and Randy catch a glimpse of another Nemo. He opened the channel to Lt Trask’s unit. “Looks like soft launch for us. Did you get the news? Alfred need to rest while the doctor still tending for Bernard. Hopefully, he could catch up with us. Or alternatively he could protect the Hamburg while we’re away.”

The Nemo picked up another rifle and put in on the back skirt hard points. It walked the deck and reached outside. Outside still looked like a warzone, the ship’s MP cannons fired one after another, lighting up the skies and joined the other in a dazzling show of lights and explosions.

'Another go at the P sector', he thought and sighed for all the fallen comrades he witnessed today. The suit reached the side of the deck where it was safe to launch. “Emington, Nemo launching out,” and the suit jumped away from the ship and flared its thrusters.
The Loser Villain

- Buxoro team -

As Elijah touched down with no trouble, Aaron began his approach to land.

"Buxoro, this is Lt.jg Faraday coming in for landing." He steaded the mobile suit and kept calm as he got closer to the deck. with the damage he took he was afraid that it might cause the Hi-Zack to explode on landing, but in reality he knew he was being paranoid.

Landing safely, the lift brought him down to the hangar as Tim Melton made his approach. Both landings had gone smoothly, the only thing to worry about now was Tyler's Hi-Zack.

As Aaron opened the hatch he already saw the engineers moving about in preparation for a crash landing.

"After all that, he better not die like this.”
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Ziryab

-Raquel I. Reyes-
-Bindra-
-bridge-

After having brought the ship about to port, there came almost a disappointed twist to Raquel's lips at the spectacle aboard the bridge. She had waited, almost hoped, for a scuffle to erupt between the Pizal and Julian. Not because it'd be amusing in some sense, of course it would be, but it would hopefully do the job of relieving some of the tension of this unit. At least for most of the bridge.

Their team's situation was apprehensive enough as is, floating behind enemy lines between a current enemy and a would-be enemy. A would-be enemy that could turn on them at almost any given moment while they themselves were composed of mainly raw and untested soldiers compared to the Titan's and AEUG's veteran and battle-hardened forces. Having themselves turn on one another was the last thing this force needed, but if some pent up aggression needed to be released, she thought, so be it--as long as they don't kill each other.

Shaking her head, she turned back to the view of space laid out before her. Raquel's lips parted into a small 'o' in amazement at the oncoming collision. Flares flickered around the Titan's escape fleet and their Gate of Zedan with touches of light and shadow dancing upon parts of Axis as it flew nearer.

And the clock say..., observing the t-minus until Axis finally collided with the Gate of Zedan.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
hellbore

- Hamburg Team -

- Adam -

After grabbing a drink from a waiting crewman, Adam reboarded his Nemo and followed Randy back out into space.

“Looks like soft launch for us. Did you get the news? Alfred need to rest while the doctor still tending for Bernard. Hopefully, he could catch up with us. Or alternatively he could protect the Hamburg while we’re away.”

"Sounds like a plan Lieutenant' Adam repled and as the other Nemo launched into space, Adam moved his Nemo into position as he waited for clearence to launched from the bridge. He didn't have to wait long, and thanking the operator, called out, "Adam Trask, Nemo, going out!" and he was away.

Catching up to Emington's Nemo, Adam moved closer and touched the mobile suit, initiainf skin-talk. "So, what the plan Randy" he asked over the link, his Nemo's head looking at the other. "I mean, were only at half strength."

Adam was indeed quite worried, but he only felt he could have voiced it here, with the privacy skin-talk afforded.
Lans

- Hamburg Team -

From Emington’s point of view it seemed that the Titans was in utter chaos and unable to form any effective counter attack. They got adequate fighting power, but all seemed to wait in idle; guarding their ships and escape. He knew he can't blame them since Axis started to get real close to the Gate of Zedan. The cruisers Ipswich and Kalinin started to register at the edge of his sensors. He dived his machine low didn’t want to attract unnecessary attention.

‘If only I had two teams to command’ he thought for a moment, thinking that he could do some damage with two MS teams by emphasizing the attack on the cruisers. The console flickered, noting that one of his team approached closely. ‘Skin talk.’ he thought and maintained his position. Adam’s voice came in shortly.

So, what the plan Randy, I mean, were only at half strength."

He rested his shoulder to the seat, a slight gesture of giving up. He knew well that Adam was right about their fighting strength. “I think it’s best to stick around with allies… and see if we can be of help.” He looked around but saw no other Nemo teams in their vicinity. Just then he picked up something on the screen.

“Rick… a Pink Rick Dias? Did you get that on your sensor? Either way, he…” Randy hesitated. The pilot might even be a female looked at the color scheme, “I mean the MS is alone out there, might as well follow to assist. What do you think? “

Pan’s suit crossed nearby, so Randy tried his radio. “Hamburg Team to nearby Rick Dias, over. Are you going to harass some Titans, sir? We just rearm and refuel, mind if we tag along?”
hellbore

- Hamburg Team -

"Rick… a pink Rick Dias? Did you get that on your sensor? Either way, he… I mean the MS is alone out there, might as well follow to assist. What do you think?"

Rather than wait for a response, Randy had already moved off to intercept the more advanced AEUG mobile suit. Taking a moment too locate it himself, he adjusted his attitude ans sped off after Randy taking a position slightly behind and to the left of the interestingly coloured Rick Dias. He figured that this should at least even up the odds for any Titans they were likely to face.