Episode 18 - The 4th's 3rd Trip To 2nd [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Lans

- Hamburg Team-

Randy Emington

"Rodger. But Sir, I bet their ships are alittle more-." Priority channel cut the line abruptly, and Bernard's voice automatically reduced to low volume chatter in the background. Randy gave a look and a hand sign to Bernard's face on the upper right corner of his cockpit screen, trying to alert him of the conversation.

"Sir, we -”. A female voice, and just after the bridge officer's face showed up in the HUD, a generous blast occurred far in the horizon. Both of them stopped the conversation and gazed away to the location. It's located slightly above the colony and clearly from the explosion one could tell that a sizeable space vessel just exploded.

Randy started to realize that the ships in the fleet already opening fire to the EFSF's fleet, main guns blazing out and that's a full barrage of concentrated MP cannons. Meaning the attack and the intention to blow-them-up is dead serious. He didn't know the exact condition of situation but he knew the importance of this action.

"Right, I understand. Will move the team to clear out from the ship’s guns. Fire when we reached safety." He saw the happy face of the female bridge officer before she ended the video input.

Randy turned to team channels and quickly gave order. "Move it guys, the Hamburg are gonna open her main guns and we're going to watch a fire cracker. You're cleared to touchdown, heck just sit in the deck if you want to, just stay away from her guns."

With that Randy change direction and positioned his unit above the bridge as to get a better view of the situation.

Alfred Izuruha
Al noticed the beams being launched from his fleet when he recovered his position after the fail attempt to charge Barker's unit that has been reduced to space debris, courtesy of the Hamburg's guns. The dancing lights of pinkish and yellow beams attracted his eyes attention. They are being lanced into a direction just above the colony. He make his own estimation of what's going on and was about to ask when he heard his CO ordering the team to stay away for the ship's main guns.

“Roger, I’ll take the bow.” He answered to the order casually but still unable to fake his fatigue from the last sortie. Al slows his unit down and takes a sitting position in the end of the launch area. If there's nothing to be done after the fire cracker show - as his CO suggested, he will just 'roll over' to the hangar, shut down his unit and get some more sleep he really need.
wonton bob

- Hamburg Team-

After listening to the communication and watching the explosion, Bernard sits back visibly upset that the fleet has decided to take action instead of sending in mobile suits to mop up the operation.

"dammit."

"Move it guys, the Hamburg are gonna open her main guns." Lt. Emington instructs.

Bernard rolls his Nemo far off port side to avoid any friendly fire. He stays just barely within reach of communications. As soon as the Hamburg finishes off the EFSF ship, he intends to take a closer look for any survivors.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
hellbore

-Adam Trask-

"Roger that, taking position on the stern."

Translating his words to actions, Trask slightly opens the throttle on his Nemo and edges it toward the rear of the Hamburg. He reaches a position directly behind the bridge, somewhat behind the tan-coloured ship itself. he watches as the main guns swivel into position.
Cybaster

(Whoops. Missed the part where Julian was fired at. =/)

-Julian-

"No, you don't."

Julian had learned from long, long ago to never rely on optimism in his battles --- it wasn't pessimism, far from it in fact, but Julian had seen too many comrade-in-arms back in those days think they've gotten an opponent and instead get killed in a surprise attack, shock of their opponent being still alive being the last emotion they feel. Always be a step ahead. Always, always, always.

Always.

As Anderson's missiles came at him, Julian was in that exact state of mind --- never expect anything. Julian sneered and slid backwards, vulcans blazing at the two missiles, detonating them before they got a chance to get near Julian's Nemo as the remaining rounds came at the now-charging Anderson. Julian bit his lip. Not now. He had things to do, and he won't die yet. Not here.

Swerving left and moving back slightly towards the Chuikov, Julian raised his shield and, with the Beam Rifle beside it, squeezed off three defensive pink shots at Anderson in follow-through. All Julian had to do was keep it there for the others to finish the job.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
ScornMandark

By the time Rem reached the doctor back in the MS bay, he had mostly calmed down again. Mostly. He was still somewhat visibly tense, but most of the rage had left. He opened the door to the office space he and Dr. M had co-opted for the time being.

"I dropped off the report with the Lt. I hope he'll take the time to read it. It could have been much, much worse." He looked out at the bay where the mechanics were still working on the machine furiously.

The destroyed binder was in the process of getting replaced, and the arm was off entirely. Rem did notice one of Sagar's guys going over the suit with an unusual piece of equipment, he assumed it was a M-Particle micro-pore scanner. It was a bit bulkier than his own, but military called for effective and rugged, not stylish.

He watched as the mechanic pulled out a permanent marker and started drawing rough circles around a few mildly damaged locations on the torso and leg. Good thing they caught those, that might have been really nasty.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Outside 21st Bunch, Side 2 -

- Clute -

“On my way, sir,” Jacob responded, launching into a corralling move that forced Ens. McMahon back in Clute’s direction. Celeste moved to her left in a slow, less abrupt mirror of Markado’s assist. McMahon floundered and jerkily moved back into Clute’s forward view just as Team 3’s leader was raising his beam pistol. “Yeah, that’s it…” he muttered as he watched the targeting reticule bounce back and forth across the Federal Galbaldy. The crosshairs rocking motion slowed until it got a solid firing angle and beeped the news aloud. “Got ya,” Clute grunted, firing a three shot burst. The beams flowed through space, and a second or so later they speared through McMahon’s MS and annihilated the last member of the Fairfax unit.

- The Hamburg -
- Bridge -

“S-sir!” Stalvern protested, wincing as the Fairfax’s first small barrage of missiles was cut down by the ship’s AA fire, “Sir, they’re going to open fire with their main guns! What are you waiting on?”. Capt. Loweno rubbed his chin as he leaned forward in his seat, and his eyes narrowed as he watched the Fairfax’s ham-fisted attempt to get a bead on his ship. “All guns…” he grunted, pointing at his prey, “Open fire. Don’t stop until that ship can’t annoy us any more,”. “Aye, sir,” came the reply, and the eager gunners of the Hamburg went to work.

Another ineffective spray of missiles was swatted down by the ship just as the first volley of mega particle fire erupted from the Salamis Kai’s guns. Loweno grinned even as he held his breath while he waited to see what his ship could do. The Fairfax shuddered slightly as it fired maneuvering verniers in a useless and laughably late attempt at an evasive. “Splash…” Loweno whispered as the first beams hit their mark along the EFSF ship’s flank. The Hamburg’s initial strike proved to be enough, as the Fairfax began to break apart above Quebec. “That’s what I’m talking about,” Loweno whooped with a fist pump. Lt. Stalvern gulped and agreed meekly with his captain.

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

The bridge of the 4th’s flagship was abuzz once firing orders began to stream back and forth between the AEUG ships, and the noise intensified even more when the Berkeley and Fairfax were engaged and sunk. “Divert our fire to that last Salamis! I don’t want any damage done to the colony!” the captain yelled into his handset over the din. The Irish-class’ guns were reorienting after the gunnery chief’s confirmation when Abbey’s vision was drawn to the Zarn, which was swathed in fire next to the dying Fairfax. “What? Who hit them?”

- The Chuikov -
- Bridge -

“Captain, it was a direct hit!”

Dombrowski, bathed in red emergency lights, responded with a ghost of a smile. The Chuikov, stabilized after using most of her vernier fuel, had finally come to a stop to the rear of the Hamburg.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Outside 21st Bunch, Side 2 -

- Ensbraun -

Rushing into the firing arc of a large warship wasn’t the brightest idea, but Lt. Ensbraun was almost out of them. The beams that spelled the deathblow against the Berkeley had just died down, and the lieutenant accelerated his Hizack closer to the Dervish for cover. “Annoying!” he complained as Wes’ fire drove him off his planned course. Before he could correct his flight path, Pan Heyden’s beam fire tore him to shreds.

- Anderson -

Unfortunately for Ltjg. Anderson, the Chuikov had stabilized herself and launched a surprise attack on the Zarn right when Julian began his counterattack. The bright flash of beam fire from the AEUG ship was enough to draw the pilot’s attention for a split second, which was more than enough time for Julian’s shots to cross the gap between their mobile suits. “T-the Zarn!” Anderson yelped as he watched his mother ship take vicious hits from the Chuikov. He was converted to heat and light by the beam that passed through his Galbaldy’s midsection as he sat, agape.

- The Zarn -
- Bridge -

“Did the message get out?!” demanded Capt. Tatreau as he felt his ship coming apart beneath his feet. “It was encoded and sent from the Berkeley before we engaged the AEUG…” his XO coughed as he stumbled to his captain’s side. “How did this happen?” Tatreau lamented as he watched the EFSF ships burning above Quebec. “We were wrong. The Titans are evil and we made ourselves a part of it…” he muttered as the bridge glass exploded outward. He vision was already dimming as he felt the hands of vacuum pull him from his captain’s chair.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
mcred23

-Team 2-

Eckardy and Hamilton had hardly moved, other than keeping pace with the Dervish's position and training their weapons on the odd target that came vaugely in their direction. They had lost track of Wes in the action, and everyone else for that matter, and without words had continued their rear-guard duty.

And, quite suddenly, the shooting stopped. The EFSF ships were all dead or soon to be, the mobile suit firing had stopped, it was over. Eckardy didn't wait as he keyed his comm, "Back to the ship", he yawned. Both Rick Dias' spun around and raced back to the ship. They were the first to return.

As they returned their Rick Dias' to their proper spots, both saw Ian's Dias sitting there, blackened and damaged. Most of the mechanic crews were working on it, doing stuff Eddie didn't understand at all. He flew the things, but barely understood how mobile suits actually worked. Tanks were another matter...

Jones met Eckardy as the pilot got out of his mobile suit. "What the f*** happened to Ian?", Eckardy asked, concerned over the situation.

Jones sighed. "Understandable version?", he asked, getting a nod from Eckardy that basically told him to, as Eddie himself had once put it, dumb everything down. "We f***ed up. A close shot must have riddled the arm with microscopic holes in addition to lockin' it up, but some of the motors that move the thing must have kept running. Something sparked in an odd spot, God knows what, and the arm just blew. Those AE guys had some data printed-" Jones said as he pulled some papers from a pocket, "- that came from the data recorders on the suit but it's complete bulls***, I actually need to go tell those guys that..." Jones' voice trailed off.

Eckardy nodded and patted the kid, Jones was only 18 but highly skilled at his job, on the shoulder. "Well, you go do that. Any idea where Ian is?".

"Nope."

"Right, I guess I'll go find him." Eddie said as Marvin arrived.

"Okay. We'll finish up what we need on you guys suit's as soon as we can." Jones said and started off toward the room the Anaheim techs had taken over. Eckardy cracked his fingers and flexed his hands a few times and started toward an airlock. "Ian's either in his own room or the ready room. One of us should probably talk to him."

"I'll check the ready room." Cowboy said quickly. Eddie grinned and nodded, as both men went through the airlock and split up.

===============================================

Mechanic Jones floated down toward the office the pair of Anaheim techs had occupied and found the door had been left open. Jones stuck his head in the door, feeling odd and out of place. "Uh, hi, I'm Tony Jones, Team 2's lead mechanic. Um, could I talk to one of you about this, uh, data, from Lieutenant Greydon's Dias?" He asked, wondering what reaction they might give to a short, black kid, who looked even younger than his 18 years, and was in-charge of four highly expensive mobile suits...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
ScornMandark

Rem turned as the young man entered their makeshift ofiice, printout in hand. "Uh, hi, I'm Tony Jones, Team 2's lead mechanic. Um, could I talk to one of you about this, uh, data, from Lieutenant Greydon's Dias?"

Rem cocked an eyebrow and half turned to Dr. Merkwürdigliebe, then turned back. Lead mechanic, hm? He'd seen some prodigies, and he knew the AEUG was perpetually short staffed, but... Christ, he looked like he was 15! He took a deep breath. He was still worked up over said Lieutenant, and that was probably making him more surprised than he normally would have been. No need to take it out on the kid.

He cleared his throat, his initial surprise passing quickly. He extended a hand. "Rem Banner, Anaheim engineer. I ran the data analysis, is there something I can do for you?"
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
mcred23

-The Dervish-

Eddie rapidly pressed the talk button on Ian's intercomm. Inside, Greydon would hear a series of pops and know it was someone friendly. Ian's face appeared at the door as it opened. He grunted.

Eckardy held up his hands. "Me and Marv'll be in the ready room blah blah blah."

Ian grinned weakly. "If it's alright, I'll just keep coolin' here." Eckardy nodded, Ian thanked him with a nod, and the door closed again. Eckardy left the hallway and started off toward Team 2's ready room.

One of the Anaheim guys, who seemed tall to the 5'8" Jones, cleared his throat and extended a hand. "Rem Banner, Anaheim engineer. I ran the data analysis, is there something I can do for you?"

Jones shook the man's hand quickly. "Uh yeah, um, I came over here, uh..." Jones stumbled over his words and paused for a moment. "It would be best if I could just explain the issue. Do you have a few minutes, sir?" Jones asked, slightly nervous.

ScornMandark

"Sure, Tony, lead the way. And Rem is fine. If you're lead mechanic on Team 2's suits, then maybe I should call you 'sir'..." Rem joked a little with the evidentally nervous mechanic, trying to put him more at ease. He was wondering a bit as to what exactly the tech was trying to tell him. He knew that pointing at diagrams and components always made presentations easier, maybe Tony was looking to clarify part of the report that Rem had pulled together with the data from the Data Acquisition Unit.

It was hard to tell from what was left of the arm, but according to the internal data collection devices in the Dias, it had been a mesy pop in the arm vernier fuel line regulators - a device for the propellant heading from the main fuel stores on the way to individual verniers to help smooth turbulent flow and maintain a more even pressure to the verniers. Micropores weaken the lines and damage the regulator to the point of mist-leaks, a couple of sparks from damaged motors that are mostly stationary and you've got yourself a nice little explosive chamber that's not designed for internal combustion.
mcred23

-The Dervish-

"Sure, Tony, lead the way. And Rem is fine. If you're lead mechanic on Team 2's suits, then maybe I should call you 'sir'..." Banner said, trying to put Jones at ease, an effort that sorta worked.

Jones took a deep breath, partly to calm himself, before he started. "Well si-uh, Rem, it's like this. Those data recorders in the Rick Dias'... well, they have a, uh, I guess you can call it a flaw built into them." Tony began, his tone conveying a mix of concern and interest. "I-I call it a combat fluke. What happens is the damage on a unit often happens so quickly or is so widespread, the recording sensors don't get it all when it happens, ya know I mean?" Jones' tone began to settle as he calmed down somewhat, combat damage and things related to it was something he knew very much about. "And what happens is the suit's computers and the recorders... well, they basically guess what went wrong."

Tony shook his head. "We used to complain about the recorder units, they haven't changed at all since the GM II," Jones explained, "We'd have short outs or minor faults where the recorders got interruppted or damaged or somethin', and they'd give us all sorts of feedback we knew was BS, telling us a suit had lost a limb that was still attached or something crazy like that, and that's just from minor crud happening in a hangar. You should see some of the combat reports we'd get, at least, when we actually checked the things..."

Again, Jones shook his head. "Anyway, Rem, I guess the whole point I'm getting at is to tell ya not to fully trust these things." He looked down at the printout he carried in his hand. "This thing says it was a fuel line regulator that blew..." Jones shook his head once more, this time with a grim smile on his face, "I know damage, that wasn't a fuel anything that blew. It was probably generator line or a servo motor, maybe both, they can go off under the right conditions, and there ain't nothin' left of that arm to really tell us one way or another." Tony sighed. "I just don't want anybody jumpin' to the wrong ideas, I know how you guys are always looking to make the designs better and all and..." His voice trailed off, and it was then that Jones relized he had been talking for what seemed like a long time, to him at least. Most of his conversations were just giving orders and reporting results, not in-depth examinations of issues his crew had been well aware of for months...

Jones blinked a few times, and the nervous tone returned to his voice. "Uh... yeah, I just... I figured you ought to know. Um..." Tony again stumbled over his words, "...Anything else you want to know 'bout that issue or anything?"

Lans

- The Hamburg -

Randy Emington

Emington landed minutes after they confirmed the area clear of hostile. His Nemo touched and skid along the short landing strip before slowing down and come into a full stop. Randy opened the cockpit hatch and walked his MS into the designated place. He jumped outside and was greeted by a few curious people. Landing party people he named them, mostly only doing their job. That is to ask pilot if everything, meaning the machine and the pilot are ok. He logged a notice to check and fix the Nemo’s left arm since the movement is erratic and inaccurate at best.

Randy fly pass through them and headed to the mess hall to grab some drinks before retiring to his cabin. He found the mess hall empty, all the crew still manning their position. Randy still in his pilot suit discarded his helmet and jumped into the kitchen area. There he helped himself up, toast two breads and making sandwiches with layers of hams. The fridge even revealed more stuffs, he even noticed fresh eggs. Before long he found a fry pan and then he noticed somebody came into the mess hall. He stands up to see the person with one hand holding a spatula and another one holding cooking oil.

Alfred Izuruha

After watching the spectacular shows of fireworks as his CO exclaimed, Al walked his unit from the landing strip into the hangar. The fireworks ended after the last ship was hit and explode rather merrily. God knows how many people are aboard that poor vessel. He sighed when he thought about EFSF. For once he thought that EFSF force would willingly join force or at least just play blind and ignore the AEUG. Clearly he was too naive. The sudden strike toward his fleet and particularly the Hamburg are a personal reminder for Alfred about the situation.

He discarded his pilot suit and was disturbed by a name not far from his locker. Jeriden Kai, another name to be added into the casualty list. His stomach refuse to cooperate and he almost vomited when his mind raced through his memory and found glimpses of a corn yellow haired young man and his green MS. He began to sweating, before he realize he was already outside, running at the ship corridor.

Glimpses of past event followed with loss of orientation and headache. He didn’t know why, but it wasn’t there before he piloted MS and joined AEUG. No nightmares, no glimpses of that particular event. Now, he just feel weak inside. His legs take him wandering aimlessly around the ship. Eventually he came across the mess hall. It’s empty but the lights are on and he was sure he smelled toast bread. He followed his nose and saw his CO, still in his pilot suit but awkwardly holding a spatula and cooking oil.

Perplexed by his CO’s attitude, Al doesn’t really know what to say. “wh- uhm- Sir! I’ll just… back to my cabin.”

Randy grinned and quickly replied. “No no, just take a seat Ensign. You must be hungry, haha. I’ll make you some food. Quick omelette, yes? Or just scramble eggs? Don’t ask for anything else, I could only find the eggs around here.”

Dumfounded, Al just replied what’s there on his head. “Oh, scramble. I mean, scramble eggs would do fine.” He then followed his CO’s order to take a seat. He rested his body against the chair. Unsure of what’s wrong with his CO, he just staring at him and enjoyed the hectic cooking show. Before long some other people, including the mess hall staffs are coming and interested in this odd event. Randy his CO, treated them all the same. With the real cook and staff helping him around, the Lieutenant turns the mess hall into some food festival. There’s more quantity and selection of food than usually found on a normal day. Some even swore that they could taste a trace of liquor on their coffees. The lead chef simply ignores the question about the liquor while his CO acted too busy to answer about the liquor.

Al didn’t drink the coffee; he did eat his scramble eggs with some mash potato, a piece of garlic bread and a small bowl of beef spaghetti. Not an ideal combination but the mood is appealing. He could even see the staffs and even officers are grinning and smiling. Not a common atmosphere we’ll find aboard a warship, especially after a rough battle minutes earlier. People are shouting around and joked about the food being too salty or the meat being cut too thinly while the chef and his staff are fighting back with counter replies and ultimately delivering more hot food. He sat there and enjoying the good mood, it’s a rare treat.

(( People aboard the Hamburg, feel free to join up. Let’s mingle guys! ))
wonton bob

- The Hamburg -

As Bernard watches the Federation fleet implode, he realizes that the chances for any survivors are slim. The ships were in close proximity of each other. He sets his sights on the Hamburg.

~minutes later

After landing Bernard makes a beeline to the exit, ignoring the mechanics who were congratulating him on a successful sortie. All he wants is to return to his room but a parched throat makes him wander to the mess hall. As the unshaven pilot walks in, the sound of laughter freezes him on the spot. The mess is crowded with crewmen who all seem to be enjoying themselves. The smell of food has reawakened his senses. It might even mask the reek of his pilot suit which he hasn't changed in a few days.

Wiping a tear from his eye, he walks in nodding and greeting everyone as if he's never seen them before. He gets some food which clearly isn't on the regular menu. It's been awhile since he had something warm to eat. Bernard takes a seat away from everyone. He eagerly watches and listens to everyone but is unsure how to connect.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
hellbore

- The Hamburg -

Following his team-mates in to the hanger, Adam eases his damaged Nemo into the last free hanger space. Lowering the cockpit hatch, he floats down and over to the hanger exit, waving to the maintenance guys as the swarm over the four mobile suits. Unknowingly following his comrades, Adam entered the mess and found the entire team there.

Moving over to the lieutenant and the other pilot he hadn't met yet, Adam waves to get their attention.

"Yo, lieutenant, how was that for my first sortie?" He chuckled a little and turned to Alfred. "Name's Adam Trask, 2nd Lieutenant, pleased to meet you." He extended his hand in greeting.
ScornMandark

Dervish
- MS Hangar -

Rem followed Tony's discussion with interest. He nodded several times while listening to the young man, following a pseudo-simulation in his head of what might have happened based on Tony's discussion. Tracing through a few layouts in his head, Rem could see what Tony was getting at.

"That's a really interesting point, Tony. The damage trackers aren't really tested under combat conditions back at the office, so any damage tends to be isolated and easily tracked. I'll definitely talk this over with Dr. M," he said, pointing his thumb over his shoulder at the office where the good doctor was still looking over some layouts. "Thanks for bringing this up, I hadn't considered the possibility that the recorders might've been totally off base."

He looked back up at the damaged Dias. From the scorching pattern across the side and leg.....it could have been just about anything, really. Rem's speciality was in electronics and data collection, not so much combat failures. Maybe he could work on these data collectors while he was here. It would help the doctor get more accurate data to back up his theories, it would help the crew get stuff fixed faster (with less aggravation), and it would give him a break from vernier timing tweaks - which he wasn't altogether sad about.

"Actually, Tony, there is something else I could use. When you get a chance, could you give me a copy of the data collector program that these units use? If it's unmodified, then I've already got a copy, but if you've tweaked it much, I'd like to see your improvements. If there are any left, I'd also like a couple of undamaged collectors from that unit. Maybe there's a way to fix this problem while we're here. After all, we're here to help you guys."
mcred23

-The Dervish-

Eckardy made it back to Team 2's Ready Room to find Cowboy dozing on the couch, still in his pilot suit. Eckardy got himself a tube of cold water, the gravity was still turned off in the unimportant areas.

And like that, things were seemingly back to normal. Eckardy was bored, having forgotten about the planned meeting with Wes, and he wasn't about to wake Marvin or go bug Ian. Jane was doubtlessly busy, as were any of Eddie's other friends. Eckardy stuffed his helmet back in his locker, grabbed the book he had been reading before and strapped himself to another couch. He briefly considered turning his music on, Cowboy could sleep through it at this point, but decided to give the younger man a break for the time being, and picked up where he had left off in his book.

Banner responded, prompting some relief from Jones that the man took it all very well. Rem paused for a moment. "Actually, Tony, there is something else I could use. When you get a chance, could you give me a copy of the data collector program that these units use? If it's unmodified, then I've already got a copy, but if you've tweaked it much, I'd like to see your improvements. If there are any left, I'd also like a couple of undamaged collectors from that unit. Maybe there's a way to fix this problem while we're here. After all, we're here to help you guys."

Tony shook his head. "No need, they're all unmodified, same as they were when you guys built them and put 'em in the Dias. Used to be part of the normal maintenance routines, back with the IIs and Nemos, but it got to be such a waste of time, checking them and their reports, we hardly do it anymore. Heck, the only times we check them is when their databanks tell us they are full or when we think they may be affecting something truely important." Jones confessed, somewhat sheepishly.

Wedge14

Pan and Jim

Pan whipped off his helmet a large sh*t eating grin, he broke the monotony of the hangar with some uproarious laughter. He slapped Jim on the back.

"Did you see smoke that Feddie with half a dias, Slim Jim?" He boasted.

Jim was kind of irked, by Heyden's excitement. Pan was acting like he had shot down Jamitov himself, but in reality all he shot down was some feddie pawn. That man he shot down could of been a former ally of Pan's, hell most of the fleet were former Federation soldiers. They learned fighting Zeon, and now they were honing their skills killing the ones they fought beside.

Of course Jim said nothing like that.

"Yeah Pan you sure got him good." He said with a false chuckle.

"Good?" Pan question rather quietly then suddenly raising his voice to a shout that sent Jim reeling back he said.

"I damn tore that guy to shreds, far off alien civilizations are gonna find that guys brain, and assume us 'urth' folk are a bunch of morons!" He said with a laugh.

Jim was suddenly yanked by the collar by his abusive squad mate and put into a headlock. Pan kept the smaller man pretty much at bay hold his near his waist.

Pan pointed to Wes Curren who wedge bunnied into the hangar. "Hey buddy nice shooting" He yelled. "Have a beer with me later!"

Pan then dragged the struggling Jim into the locker room, mumbling something to him about how Curren couldn't hit the broad side of a colony with one of those wacky solar flare systems.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Lans

- The Hamburg -
- Mess Hall -

Emington louder his voice a little bit so that the crowd could listen to him. “Well well well, it’s Lieutenant Trask. I thought your broken Nemo already disintegrate on launch.” Some people started laughing in the background. “Yet it survived a battle, kicked a MS and landed safely on the hangar. Gentlemen, if you will please kindly offer a round of applause to this good lieutenant.”

The crowd cheering in unison, some are applauding and shouted gratitude. Some other, too exhausted to shout just smiled or nodded in agreement. While the crowds are cheering, Al got up and took a step closer to Adam. “Hi! I’m Alfred, you can call me Al like the other. Nice to meet you, Lieutenant.” a

Randy lowered his tone and spoke more carefully toward his flying comrades. “Return home safely that’s what most matters to us pilots.” His lips forced a smile before continued, “Ah- grab a seat and take some food with ya. The ham sandwich with egg is quite appealing. Or you can wait and see what our cook can do in a few moments, I couldn’t really tell but probably a caesar salad, haha. That is if we got permission to use more ingredients. Shouldn’t be a problem I say, we’re gonna get R and R anyway. Oh, anyone see Bernard?”

Alfred answered quickly. “I think I saw him. Ah- fetch him, sir?”

“Nah, let him.. Oh, pass over thISSS… ARGH!” At the sound of Emington’s yelling everyone seems to pause and fixed their attention to the CO. Randy exclaimed franticly while holding his right hand, “Dammit HOTTT!” and people expression explode into a merry laughter when they learned that the CO-turning cook had accidentally spilled a hot coffee to his hand while wearing no gloves.

Randy flexed his throbbing thumb and let the staff hand over a new glass of coffee to the table, adding it to four glasses. “That’s gotta be hurt tomorrow.” He said that to himself before he continued the conversation. “Now what I just wanted to… Ah- coffees. Airmen sized coffees should I say.” He grinned childishly. “Al, could you pass over this one to Bernard? See to it if he likes it. Else I’ll pour more. Oh, Adam don’t just stand there, here have a cup.”

Pour what more, Al couldn’t tell. It smelled more like a Brandy than coffee. Al couldn’t help but grinned and get away with the coffee cups. He’s looking for Bernard’s table and found it rather in the corner of the mess hall. Al navigated cautiously and managed to bring his and Bernard’s coffees without major spills. He landed the coffees safely and greets the person next to him. “Hey, buddy. Doing okay? CO wanted me to bring you a coffee . Airmen specials he said.” Al tried to conceal his lips from grinning too much. He did enjoy the crowd but he doesn’t want to be seen too happy for now. “Oh just sipped it slowly it’s still hot.”
hellbore

- The Hamburg -
- Mess Hall -

Trask took a small bow at the the spontaneous applause at the urging of his lieutenant. Grinning like a fool at the praise, Adam grabbed a cup of the coffee, took a sniff, and sipped at it. Coffee really wasn't his thing, this was really good stuff, for a warship mess. Perhaps it was the alcohol.

Replacing the cup, he grabbed a sandwich that Randy had offered and took a seat next to Al. Chuckling along with the others at Emington's misfortune, he let the warm camaraderie and a little bit of the alcohol bouy him up. Never much of a speaker, he said nothing as he ate his sandwich and drank his coffee, listening to the flow of the conversation.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls