Episode 18 - The 4th's 3rd Trip To 2nd [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
hellbore

- Amman -

Getting in to the drivers seat of the car, Adam engages the engine and pulls out of the hanger. In truth he was nervous has hell, he hadn't driven a car in years either. He replies to Randy without taking his eyes off the road, "I think it was called Craters or something clever like that." He rolled his eyes to show how impressed he was with that particular stroke of 'genius'.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Lans

- Amman -

“The what? Krakens? Oh, the Craters! Now that name is odd.” Randy chucked while the wind swept around his hair. He enjoyed the breeze and the smell of different scent in the air. They were driving along the main street when Randy exclaimed, “I can’t find any place with that name. One way or another it should be around the entertainment district.” He then holding up a portion of the map and trying to point out a place with his finger. “It might be a good idea to just ask for direction once we got there.”
Fritz Ashlyn

- Amman Side Street -

Near the entertainment district, a military jeep puttered along at a leisurely pace. “This morning during breakfast Hugo was showing off his stupid music player again,” said the man in the passenger seat. He laced his fingers together behind his head and rested back into the seat. “What a jackass. That thing is a hunk of crap,” the driver scoffed, pushing his helmet up out of his vision. “MP” was emblazoned in white on a black band that ran across the helmet. After a quick glance in either direction as they were coming to an intersection he gave the jeep some gas, and the burst of speed was the only thing that kept them from getting t-boned by a car heading on the road perpendicular to theirs. “Jesus!” the passenger yelped at the near-miss and his jostling from the sudden hard brake.

“What the hell was that about?” the driver grumbled, turning the jeep onto the road and speeding up to follow the car. He gave the car Trask and Emington were riding in a siren whoop and a dirty look before gesturing for them to pull over. “Driver’s got on a uniform. Probably cruising around drunk,” the passenger said. “It’s a little early for that,” the driver snorted. It wasn’t even 10 am. “A little early,” the other MP replied, rolling his eyes as he reached for his rifle. The driver snorted again.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
hellbore

- Amman -

Adam swore as he almost ran fight into the side of another car at an intersection. "What the hell was that?" he exclaimed, looking back at the other car. "Ah, crap," he said. It was a military Jeep with some federation regulars in it.

Seeing no harm done, he hoped to just continue on, but the sound of sirens and the MPs in the car quickly dashed that. Looking over at Randy he sighed another quiet, "Ah, crap." and pulled over.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Lans

- Amman -

Randy’s eyes widened and briefly shouted comically, “Wo-Ohhh…!” when he witnessed the near miss. He already looked back when Adam exclaimed, “What the hell was that?” He saw the Jeep and the MP letter and its passengers’ nasty faces.

“Ah, crap.” Adam exclaimed. Randy sighed at their bad luck while said, “It’s not even noon yet.” Then he remembered the letter MP, “Oh crap, we’re not in Federation anymore. Do you think they have the authority? Ah, never mind that, let’s play the I’m innocent game. We…” He exchange glances with Adam and said, “Journalists, yeah we’re innocent journalist. We’re on our way to… take a picture of… something. Oh wait, that wouldn’t work, we don’t have the camera. Oh hell with it, just tell them we’re visitor. Ah, a tourist and just arrived this morning. At least that portion was true.” He grinned before saying, “Oh, and don’t forget to smile.”
Fritz Ashlyn

- Amman -

- Side Street -

The spacy jeep crept to a stop a couple of elecar-lengths behind Trask and Emington’s vehicle, and the Federal MPs clambered out and slung their rifles over their shoulders. “Your turn,” the driver said with a smug smile to his partner, who sighed and walked ahead to approach the driver’s side of the car. Once he got a closer look at the two men, he realized he had mistaken the driver’s modified military-style jacket for a Federation uniform. Still, they had almost ran their jeep down and he didn’t take kindly to becoming a potential statistic. “Where’s the fire, gentlemen?” he asked, his annoyance rising. He still wasn’t sure if they were military or not. “Please turn off the vehicle,” he continued after letting his witty opener sink in for a moment. The other MP came up the sidewalk on Randy’s side of the vehicle. “Looks like they’re off duty, Darby,” he observed.

Darby, the first MP, frowned as he mulled that over. “Looks like your car is from the dock area. You guys crew on the Sally K?” he asked. “I thought the Balrampur had recalled all of her goons,” his partner said. Darby nodded, “That’s what I thought, too. Not as many troublemakers out on leave in the last few days,”. Something about the altered look of Adam’s jacket didn’t sit right with him. He wasn’t stupid - he had served in Amman for nearly 3 years - and he knew what went on in the city. He knew better than to say the A-word out loud immediately like a buffoon. He wanted the two men to stay calm.

- Craters -

"Um...are we in the right place?” Jacob asked after he recovered from the initial shock of entering the club.

Michiko, who had come in right in front of him, stopped in her tracks and turned crimson. “You didn’t say it was this kind of place!” she squeaked, averting her vision from the bar area entirely. “You didn’t say it was this kind of place!” Loweno hooted, his surprise noticeably more positive. He followed Pan and Jim right up to the bar like he owned the place as Michiko turned for the door. “I’m going to find a café or something that’s less, uh… naked,” she said as loud as she could to make her high-pitched voice heard over the music to the people around her. She stopped outside the entrance to wait on anyone that decided to join her, and quickly began to regret her choice of attire as a couple of shady types began to not-so-subtly gawk at her. Of course, compared to the girls inside her oversized shirt and neon leggings were formal wear.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Lans

- Amman -

"Where's the fire, gentlemen?" Emington couldn't hide his grin. Obviously the MPs are not stupid. Randy knew they can smell the likes of military pilots as good as they could sniff any military member among the civilians. He just hoped that the MPs will play it nicely and let them go as he or Adam couldn’t afford getting captured. The risk is high even in safe places like Amman. AEUG rebel or not, military defection is not a simple matter and usually ends up in front of the firing squad.

Randy was about to speak but the MP said something about the crew of Sally K Balrampur. He tried to play it smart and polite. "The Balrampur? Officers, there must be some misunderstanding. We just arrived this morning on Amman. Some public transportation ship, but I couldn’t remember its name. Oh, we're only here for travel purpose. Do any of you know a place named the Craters? We heard it’s very famous in town.”
hellbore

- Amman -

Nodding along earnestly to Randy's story, Adam too spotted the opening. Hoping the MPs would buy the story, Adam picked up where Adam left off, saying, "I'm really quite sorry about the accident. It's been a while since I was behind the wheel of a elecar and it's my first time in Amman." He paused, seeing if they were buying it.
wonton bob

- Amman -
- Craters -

Bernard had been walking around for quite awhile before running into Craters. He wasn't actually looking for the place but decided might as well since he's here. As he walked up, Bernard noticed someone familiar standing by the entrance. He recognized Michiko as the pilot who tried to comfort him on the Dervish after the first Hatte battle but couldn't remember her name. Most of that day was a haze.

Bernard was actually embarrassed walking up to Michiko, he didn't figure this being her kind of place.

it must be her kinda scene...she's a pilot of course

Korbel notices the shady types around Michiko and pulls out his hands from his pockets as he returns the stare. Since he's wearing civilian clothing Bernard wasn't sure if she'd recognized him. As he walks up to Michiko, Bernard gives a mini salute to the pilot.

"Taking a breather, ma'am?"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
King Monkey

Seeing Michiko blush made Jacob blush, too. It was pretty clear that she was just as surprised as he was and probably more uncomfortable.

"Um...yeah...a cafe, that sounds good," he says, though he doesn't raise his voice enough to be generally heard over the din inside the bar.

He casts a final look at the bar and the girls behind it. One of them gives him a wink, or at least appears to, it's too crowded to be sure. Rather than luring him in, though, it drives him out even faster and he bumps into someone along the way.

He comes out onto the street just as Bernard shows up. He doesn't notice the guys loitering around, too interested in the conversation between Michiko and the other AEUG pilot.

"It's not my kind of place," he says. "And it's no place for a lady."
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Fritz Ashlyn

- Amman -
- Side Street -

"The Balrampur? Officers, there must be some misunderstanding. We just arrived this morning on Amman. Some public transportation ship, but I couldn’t remember its name. Oh, we're only here for travel purpose. Do any of you know a place named the Craters? We heard it’s very famous in town.”

"I'm really quite sorry about the accident. It's been a while since I was behind the wheel of a elecar and it's my first time in Amman."

Darby rolled his eyes at the explanations from the two men in the car. His partner gave him a look that made it clear he was thinking the same thing. “First time here, huh? And you say you heard about the ‘Craters’ club?” he asked, scratching his chin, “I didn’t even know about that hole in the wall until about two months ago. Not what I’d call ‘famous’,”. He didn’t bother wasting his time asking why Randy couldn’t remember the name of the ship they had arrived on. His radio squawked for his attention, and he grunted, “You two stay put,” as he walked back behind the jeep to answer it. While he was gone, his partner stared down the AEUG pilots as if he expected them to attempt an escape. He adjusted his rifle's strap where it hung over his shoulder.

When Darby walked back to Trask’s side of the car, he had a faint smile on his face. He had heard there were more military ships headed into port, and his patrol leader had just confirmed it. He fanned himself and clucked, “You’d think they could keep things cooler down here, industrial section or not,”. Reaching up to loosen his collar, he turned the corner down slightly for a moment or two, just long enough to show an AEUG logo pin.

- Outside Craters -

Michiko was relieved when a familiar face approached and the guys hanging out near the door of the club dispersed. "Taking a breather, ma'am?" Bernard asked with a wave of a salute. Jacob walked out of Craters just as Korbel arrived. "It's not my kind of place," he said, "And it's no place for a lady,". Michiko flashed a warm smile at Markado’s chivalry and brightened up. “Bernard, right?” she asked, recalling the other pilot’s name, “Why don’t we find a quieter place to take a break. There’s got to be a normal bar or a café along here somewhere. You boys lead the way,”.

- Fritz’ Apartment -

Since it was still not even 11 am and his wife was at work, Fritz came home to an empty apartment. He sat his bag down inside the doorway and immediately shed his blue AEUG jacket on his way to the bedroom, where he collapsed into bed and breathed in the “fresh” lunar air. It wasn’t the same as Earth‘s, but it was incredible compared to the air onboard the Dervish. Even the gravity felt different, as if it were more “real”. Within a few minutes he was asleep.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

wonton bob

- Amman -
- Outside Craters -

Bernard was taken aback that Michiko had remembered his name and immediately embarrassed that he couldn't recall her name. He was also relieved that this place wasn't her type of haunt. The other pilot who had just walked outside appeared equally as young as Michiko making Bernard the old man of the group.

“Why don’t we find a quieter place to take a break. There’s got to be a normal bar or a café along here somewhere. You boys lead the way,”

Amman had been the dumping ground of the military prison which Bernard had been interned at. Once deemed a non-threat, Bernard was given a ticket and clean clothing. Without money or any skills he had to meek out a living which meant sleeping on the streets. Bernard looked at the Craters entrance biting his lip a bit. It's not the girls that beckoned him but the alcohol which would put him at ease. Bernard placed his slightly shaking hands in his pockets and proposed a new locale.

"Ah, There's a really nice café just a few blocks over. It specializes in European style pastries and actually imports its coffee beans from Earth. If that's ok with you, ma'am?"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
mcred23

-Amman-
-Docks-

In spite of Eddie's rush to get off the Dervish, he hadn't been in the lead group off the ship, which had been Pan's little swarm. Rather, Eddie, Marvin, Ian and Jane had been among a second 'wave' of people off the ship, about ten minutes after the first group had departed. People were still coming and going, mostly the latter, from the Irish and nearby Salamis Kai class ships, among others docked in the area.

The quartet exited the dock into the city itself, in an area where elecars or public transportation, or linear cars to other lunar cities. Eckardy swiped a debt card through the meter poll next to an elecar, renting a bright red one, and promptly tossed some bags into it's trunk. Ian was doing a similar thing at the next car in line, a light blue one with yellow stripes along the sides.

"Sure you don't want to come with us?" Jane asked, sweetly as always.

Greydon grinned and shook his head. "Nah, I'd need to do this eventually. Besides, I'm not heading straight home. I want to go visit some buddies over at AE first."

Eckardy nodded, grinning as he always seemed to, and stuck a foot in the drivers seat of his own car. "Alright man. We'll see ya around the complex at some point. We'll get together." His head turned toward Marvin, "Pile in, Cowboy!".

Ian waved as Marvin got into the backseat of Eddie's elecar. Jane was already in the passenger seat when Eckardy dropped into the drivers seat, rocking the small car slightly. The car had a stereo, with a typical jack for a memory device, which Eddie quickly attached and his own music began playing. Marvin sighed, but it was lost in the music. Eddie had eight or nine of the little devices, all loaded with the same music, his old rock stuff. Eckardy liked having spares of the stuff. Fortunately, Jane turned the music down to a reasonable level, prompting Eddie to glance at her and grin in a way that was... Marvin couldn't find a decent word for it. It was like Eddie's normal goofy grin, but off. Marvin shook his head slightly. He'd never really been in love and didn't bother trying to make sense of it all.

His mind wandered for a brief moment before he was pushed into the seat as Eckardy put the car into 'drive' and took off into the city. Marvin had been to Amman a number of times in his young life, mostly since joining the AEUG, whom had based him here for a time. For whatever reason, Marvin felt more at home in the city now than in previous trips. He couldn't explain it to himself. Glum, perhaps? He had been feeling more depressed of late, and Marvin had always thought the city felt a bit dark, at least the parts of it he had seen. The fact that Marvin Hamilton had diagnosed himself with depression almost slipped past him, but it didn't. He continued to think about that, ignoring the chit-chat between Eddie and Jane, the music which, strangly, stopped bothering Marvin, or the sights and sounds of life outside the car. Hamilton was focused inwards.

"We're heeerrreee!" Eckardy said, forcing a bad falsetto as the pulled into a parking space, popping the trunk, and knocking Marvin out of his thoughts.

It was a rather large apartment complex in Amman, undistinguished and completely normal looking in every way, similar to various others in the city. What made this complex notable was the fact that it was considered the home for a number of AEUG personal, a number only a handful of people probably knew. Marvin had a small one bedroom place in one of the smaller buildings, located, as far as he knew, well away from anyone else that he knw. He knew Ian had an apartment in here, one a bit larger than his own. Eddie, of course, had the best apartment of the group, one well furnished with two bedrooms and an assortment of other nice things, where Eddie had been living for years, since before he joined the AEUG. Marvin was jealous of Eddie's nicer place, but only slightly. His was almost painfully small, but Marvin was fine with it.

They collected their various items from the trunk of the elecar and Eckardy slammed the door down. "Sure ya don't want to come by?" Eddie asked, more out of courtesy than anything else.

Marvin nodded. "Yeah, I think I just want to get some sleep. Maybe watch some TV or something..." His voice trailed off.

Eckardy nodded and gave Marvin a grin. "Alright man. You know the place, just gimme call on my cell if you're gonna come by. We might be busy or out or over at somebody else's place". Marvin nodded in reply. He didn't think about what the 'busy' might be, but he knew Eddie's apartment was quite close to those of a few other people in the 4th, namely Ian, Fritz, and a few of the mechanics.

"See you, Marvin," Jane said, flashing the smile and in that soft voice that once again proved to Marvin why she was the one who relayed often horrible messages to the pilots. Eddie made a clicking nose with his mouth, winking at Marvin, before turning to Jane and dramatically waving her in the direction of his, their, apartment. The two were gone in an instant.

Marvin looked around. The parking lot was empty of other people. He briefly felt confused, why, he wasn't sure, before sighing to himself, and heading off toward his own apartment. There, he could light up a cigarette, and maybe escape with some TV or something. The thought of that, a day almost anyone with a normal life could call normal, sounded very appealing to Marvin right now.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
hellbore

- Amman -
- Side Street -

Seeing the flash of the AEUG pin, Adam was relieved. Knowing know that the MPs had probably known all along about their affiliation, he relaxed visibly. Speaking to Darby, the one who wore the pin he said, "So, ah, officer? What's this gonna cost me."
Even though he knew that at least one of these men was an AEUG sympathiser, he was still regretting not making Randy drive.
Lans

Also in Amman on a particular side street.

Emington also saw the pin and recognized it easily. Still he's in doubt and decided to play safe by ignoring the AEUG pin. He removed his sunglass as to get a better look of this person and then heard Adam spoke to the man. "So, ah, officer? What's this gonna cost me."

Randy added slightly, "We’ll make sure that won’t happen again. And uh, officer could you direct us to the place? I mean the Craters. We couldn’t find it on the map.”
King Monkey

Jacob was glad that it wasn't just Michiko who wasn't interested in sticking around at this particular bar. He didn't want to look like a prude, even though he knew plenty of people would have called him just that. He expected such judgments to be even more prevalent amongst the boisterous bragging pilots of Mobile Suits.

It was even better that Bernard knew a place that they would all find more appealing. "I think a cafe sounds pretty good. I'd much rather have some coffee and pastries than a bunch of booze."

He turns in the direction Bernard indicated but waited for Michiko to begin to move before actually starting out.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Wedge14

Pan had eight shots of whiskey poured out for him. "One for each of those bastards i shot down out there" He said to himself before downing the first one.

Jim had wandered over and ordered a beer glancing back at the women dancing, or better yet squirming in the Zero G area behind the glass. Pan felt like this would be a perfect time to explain something to him.

"You see that kid!" Pan said pointing to the dancers. "You're so damn lucky to have lived your whole life up here and space. That dirtball we call earth isn't all its said to be."

Jim was a little confused, No wait he was really confused.

"You don't have strip clubs or women on earth?"

Pan knocked back another shot before answering the younger pilot. "No kid, it's more then that. People on earth, it's like gravity. It drags them down man. "

"Are you saying that mankind is being drag down by gravity?"

Pan's face grew red from anger and four shots of whiskey thinning his blood. "No you dumb Zeke, I'm saying gravity causes women's fun bits to go all saggy" Pan downed his 5th shot. "You don't have to get all spiritual on me kid"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Amman -
- Side Street -

"So, ah, officer? What's this gonna cost me."

"We’ll make sure that won’t happen again. And uh, officer could you direct us to the place? I mean the Craters. We couldn’t find it on the map.”

Darby looked at his watch and shrugged. “What’s it going to cost you? How about a round for me and Jones sometime?” he said with a smile, gesturing across the car at his partner, “Go down a couple of blocks and then turn right, and you’ll come across Craters. I‘ll collect your debt when I see you around,”. As he was walking back to their jeep, he responded to Jones’ dubious look. “What? I’m not going to waste my time filling out a report on that. If we dragged them into trouble it would just make things harder on us in the long run anyway,” he explained as he climbed back into the driver’s seat, “We’re working towards the same goal even if we’re not in the same uniform.”

- Outside Craters -

Bernard stuffed his hands in his pockets and suggested, "Ah, There's a really nice café just a few blocks over. It specializes in European style pastries and actually imports its coffee beans from Earth. If that's ok with you, ma'am?”. "I think a cafe sounds pretty good. I'd much rather have some coffee and pastries than a bunch of booze,” Jacob seconded the idea, turning to set off behind the older pilot. Michiko nodded and agreed, “That’s perfect. I didn’t get to eat breakfast,” rubbing her stomach. Behind them, a mixed outburst of laughter and other noise came from inside the club.

- Craters -

“Heeeeeeyyy~~!” Ramon yelled to announce his entrance, his constantly gyrating hips instantly adjusting their rhythm to the music playing inside the bar. The bouncer near the door lost it at the sight of Hard AE in his off duty clothes (that really didn’t look much different from his custom “uniform”). Shorts a little too short for a man, even in the 0080s, and pointed shoes were the modest parts of his getup. Despite his… confusing appearance, the bouncer laughed it off and even gave Ramon a high-five as the pilot danced his way deeper into the club. Lt. Mello, who was dressed like a sane person, entered Craters shortly after his friend. By the time he got to the bar, Sumitani was nowhere to be seen. “I actually had to find a parking spot, can you believe it? This place has probably never had a dozen people in it at the same time, employees included,” he complained to Pan, ignoring the bartender’s dirty look. "How is life on the big ship treating you, Heyden?".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

hellbore

- Amman -

“What’s it going to cost you? How about a round for me and Jones sometime?” he said with a smile, gesturing across the car at his partner, “Go down a couple of blocks and then turn right, and you’ll come across Craters. I‘ll collect your debt when I see you around.”

As the two MPs walked back to their car and drove off, Adam breathed a sigh of relief. Turning to Randy he said, "We're lucky they were on our side. Things coulda become real sticky had they brought us in."

Restarting the elecar and pulling down the canopy, he began drove down the street Darby had indicated, much more carefully this time.
Lans

- Amman -

Randy couldn’t hide his surprise when the MP actually let them go so casually. A huge grin was forming in his lips when hearing the conversation between Adam and Derby. He started to like this port town of Amman.

“We're lucky they were on our side. Things coulda become real sticky had they brought us in.” He heard Adam said just before he turned the elecar engine back on.

“Yeah, talking about bad luck and dumb luck….” Randy said that while he folded the map and jammed it on free compartment on the car’s dashboard. It seems that Adam already got his driving senses back. The ride was much smoother this time and just when Randy looked around they already close to the Craters.

“Should be near from here…. There you go!” Randy exclaimed when he spotted the Crater’s entrance. Let’s pass it over. I want to see what's the place really looks like. It’s still too early to get some booze anyway.” And then Randy turned his attention to the sidewalk nearby. There he spotted several familiar faces or so he thought.