Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Fanworks » Advertisements

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:30 am 
Mecha Flunky

THE GIG:
---------

Major new graphic novel series needs artist to complete 70 pages of art within 65 days. The series is signed to ARCANA COMICS and has already been promoted across the country and this is a highly-anticipated title. If you are a new artist or an established pro needing to step back into the spotlight, this would be an excellent opportunity for you. Once again, this series is already signed to a contract with a publisher for distribution in North America through comic book shops, Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.

THE ART STYLE:
----------------

The style of the series is an anime/gothic/gritty style that will have a lot of action scenes, political intrigue as well as scenes with guys piloting giant robot mecha suits of armor (think Gundam meets Vampire Hunter D).

The first issue is already completed, meaning you would be responsible for issues #2-#4. There is a lot of concept art and finished pages available for you to use as reference and you would need to draw as close to possible to the current artist's style in order to be hired for this assignment.

The art samples can be found here:

http://shadowlawonline.proboards.com/in ... y&thread=8

http://shadowlawonline.proboards.com/in ... y&thread=7

You will need to join the group in order to see the original concept art:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SHADOWLAW ... bum/0/list

PAYMENT:
----------

Payment is $1000.00 (US) per issue with a final total of $3000.00 for issues #2 through #4.

Payment will be issued through PAYPAL ONLY once every two weeks as the artwork is delivered. You will be paid in smaller installments as the weeks pass by. You will receive a contract the minute you agree to terms and your artwork is deemed acceptable. Please sign the contract and mail it back to the creators once you are hired.

WORK ETHIC:
--------------

Because of a series of flaky, unreliable, dishonest and untrustworthy artists, I would PREFER to work with an artist living in either NEW YORK, LOS ANGELES or BALTIMORE. If you live outside of those areas, you must sign a contract stating that you will return all monies paid if you do not finish the pages by October 4th, 2010.

Otherwise, artists from those areas are more than welcome to apply and send me artwork immediately.

Please DO NOT APPLY unless you are 100% serious about this job and will commit 100% to the book. I cannot have this series delayed any further.

HOLLYWOOD CONNECTIONS:
---------------------------

I currently live in Los Angeles and am seeking work as a Hollywood screenwriter. I have already adapted this series into a screenplay and last year, I had two major production companies interested in the script, but they wanted to see how the comic performed in the marketplace before committing to me financially and because the artist never finished, I lost out on nearly half a million dollars. Yes -- you heard me -- half a million dollars.

This is serious business. Let's get this project done ASAP.

All serious artists please send APPROPRIATE art samples to:

shadowlawcomic@gmail.com

Good luck.

Board index » Fanworks » Advertisements