Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG » RPG Discussion

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:00 pm 
Mod of Bling, Yo

Saves some work for me. I didn't want to bother with sending two rejection PM's to the Shadow Knight and Red Nova accounts for two poorly-created profiles over at Dominion's Rise. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:33 pm 
Traitor Villain

Hear ye, hear ye and all that, etc. an so on.

Because of his cooperation and serving a year's punishment, the Trinary has decided to lift Wingnut's RPG Section ban. Welcome back, Wingnut.

Justice at work!-Wedge

Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:03 pm 
Traitor Villain

STATE OF THE RPG FOR MAY, 2010
PRETEND I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS EDITION

It's been a long, annoying, frustrating road but I'm finally enrolling at a law school. That means as of this week I have basically no excuses left to put things off or be lazy in general in the section (at least until late August when I get to start pulling my hair out over classes). Since I'm going to really, seriously, finally, no don't walk away, scout's honor go back to posting once a week I'd like to see everyone else trickle back into a routine with me. Once exams and personal matters are taken care of, let's all get back into the swing of things and post!

With that out of the way, the main reason I'm back to yell words at you here in News & Issues is that after 9 months the Trinary has decided to shut down LMF: Dominion's Rise. We have been watching it for a while now waiting to see if things would perk up or change dramatically, but it sadly slowed to a glacial pace (compared to even TftF, yes). It went roughly a month and a half between posts at the end, and during it's entire run it chugged along at .6 posts per day (rounded up). It'll be moved to the Archive shortly and we'll begin the process to replace it - Red will be along shortly to give everyone that timetable.

Like I told Ezero8 by PM, I feel bad personally seeing this RPG end early because I contributed to the lack of activity. Let's all try to keep good ideas from dying off.

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:38 pm 
Traitor Villain

Alright, here is the semi-rough timetable we'll be working with to get to the next RPG.

The plan at the moment is, as usual, take a few weeks off before we dive into the usual selection process with a discussion thread where everyone can discuss ideas they have. That thread will likely start at some point in mid June (Likely the week of the 14th) and run for roughly two weeks. After that, we get the voting thread, which will run for at least four or five days, depending on how close the vote is and when the thread actually does start.

Our hope is basically to have the next RPG picked around the start of July, so that the GM can get organized and do sign ups in the next few days. That way, the game can start sometime during the week after July 4th (Which is usually a slow time for us, so we're trying to avoid starting a game that weekend).

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:48 pm 
Traitor Villain

I just want to make sure as many people see this as possible:

Red wrote:
Anyway, I'm going to extend the deadline another 24 hours in the hopes that we can get another idea or two to better round out the poll. So the new deadline to get in any submissions is 11:59 PM EST Tuesday, June 29th. After that, the poll will go up and likely run till Saturday or Sunday, depending on how close it is.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:10 am 
Traitor Villain

Red and I learned yesterday that earlier this month, Wedge's father passed away - please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Until he comes back, Red and I will handle his characters in TFtF and G.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:37 pm 
Traitor Villain

Big props to everyone!
I'm pretty much done with dealing with things around here. I'm going to be heading up to my family's cabin for a few days..once i get back from there i'll be able to resume all my responsibilities.
I'll be back next week! thanks for all the support!

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:25 pm 
Traitor Villain

Red and I have decided to end the G Gundam RPG.

We hate to shut down a game under these conditions, but it needed to be done. This RPG had a growing list of problems, and in our judgment it was terminal.

1. The game started with 21 active players, and as of today was down to roughly half that number participating to various degrees. Several characters were adopted but there were a few that never were. This issue had not improved and it appeared that the game would have continued to bleed off members and/or characters.
2. At the end there were 2 serious fights running out of 11 scheduled for the round, with another 2 containing a scant handful of posts attempting to get things underway. That number was down from the round before, which had over half its fights see 5 posts or less (2 with none). Again, neither of us saw that as a situation that could have been improved to a degree that would have made it worth keeping the game open.
3. This probably could have or should have been #1 on the list - this game was Wedge's baby. Red and I agreed to co-GM to help keep things on track, but neither of us had any concrete idea of where things were going beyond the fight schedule and a few things related directly to our characters. Red and I came up with some ideas during Wedge's first absence, but those were abandoned when he returned and now we are basically at a loss.

Instead of putting up even more characters for adoption in what was supposed to be a heavily PvP game, or finding a current member willing and capable of taking over as GM (which we feel would have been futile in the long run in any case), we talked it over and came to the conclusion that prolonging the RPG any longer wouldn't serve the section in any positive way.

In related news, we are not sure Wedge is coming back any time soon. As some of you may know, he was injured on the job and could barely type for a while, his house was burglarized, and his father passed away recently. In addition to that, late last year he got engaged. Because of that, and because we're so used to functioning as the Trinary, Red and I will be looking to add a third man to our awful little team yet again in the near future.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:34 am 
Traitor Villain

HEAR YE HEAR YE

After an exhaustive search for the Trinary's new third man, we are proud to announce that wonton bob is your new co-overlord! Thanks to the folks that answered our absurd survey.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:06 am 
Traitor Villain

Tweaked the rules, updating some language and formally adding the "mecha-related" rule the Glorious Leader Comrade Chris gave us.

Board index » RPG » RPG Discussion