Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG » RPG Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:25 pm 
Traitor Villain

It would help if you didn't violate the conditions of your banning...

The RPG Trinary wrote:
3. AceOfSpades1 is not to post in any RPG discussion thread. If there is an issue, AceOfSpades1 is to deal with it through PMs with one of the Trinary.

You still aren't allowed to post in here. This will be dealt with via PM, as it should be. We'll get back to you when we can.

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:09 am 
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Any idea when a new RPG is going to start up?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:13 pm 
Hot-blooded Gattai

As you will note by Fritz's most recent post in this thread, the situation is only allowing for two to be effectively run at this time.

We have no idea right now when/if we'll have three RPGs going at once again.

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:54 pm 
Traitor Villain

Oh, we have an idea, and it's that we won't have a third RPG running anytime soon. We tried doing three, and once again we were shown that, for various reasons, our boards simply can't support three healthy RPGs.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:28 pm 
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

*Raises hand*

I have an idea, if you guys are willing to listen.

Some of you who browse the Fanfiction board may remember that I've written the first chapter of After War: Gundam X: Judgement's Call, which I intend to make into a multi-chapter fic (maybe 12-13 chapters, i dunno).

However, I am stuck. I realized that I would not be able to reasonably keep everyone in character, while keeping the SI dude from taking over the story. Here is where my idea comes in.

Perhaps you could make a temporary AU RPG based on my fic. You guys would benefit from a chance to stretch your RPing skills. I would benefit for my fic as you guys could help me with various descriptive elements and characterization.

This by no means would be a permanent RPG. I only want it to be a placeholder for when you guys decide to bring in a more in-depth, fleshed out RPG a la Double Helix or that G Gundam RPG you guys did. Regardless of what the Trinary decides, I ask the Trinary to PM me with their decision after giving it due consideration.

Thank you.

Click Here!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:44 am 
Traitor Villain

As we keep saying, our current policy is to run no more than two RPGs simultaneously, and that policy will remain in place until we feel we can support three healthy RPGs (Which, for a number of reasons, will not be any time soon).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:56 am 
Oblivious Harem Loser

Regarding the TARRRPG:

What is the word on any behind-the-scenes plans that we had previously set up with Wingnut involving the game's set future events? Shall we simply forward them over to Wedge since he's now the new acting-GM?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:05 am 
Traitor Villain

Ick this is some messy stuff. Theres a few things I'd like to change just to make things run more smoothly. I'll address this in the general section hopefully later today. I just need to clarify some things with a few people.

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:21 pm 
Traitor Villain

If you have some sort of severe learning disability, then here is your chance to find out that I moved around certain topics so that they are finally in the correct forums. I also moved older, locked topics to the RPG archive.

ENJOY. ಠ_ಠ

Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:22 pm 
Traitor Villain

Heretic's probation has been lifted.

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:28 am 
Traitor Villain

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:
Heretic's probation has been lifted.

Wait what?

Okay then. Um, I was doing just fine with so I guess I’ll just keep going with what I’ve been doing. It’s more fun focusing on one character sometimes, no need to go crazy just because my prohibition has ended.

Thanks.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:14 pm 
Traitor Villain

The section rules have been updated - Rule 9 has been added.

"9. If an RPG reaches its planned ending without being closed (for low participation, GM/member abandonment, etc.), then the GM of that RPG has the option of setting up a sequel game without the need for a section vote. If the GM exercises the option to start a new game it must be directly related in some way to the one that has just ended. If a game ends in such a way that a sequel is impossible, this rule does not apply. Use of this rule may continue as long as there is an acceptable level of participation."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:28 pm 
Traitor Villain

Direct your attention to the RPG Rules, which have been updated again. This time around it's officially adding the selection rules.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:06 pm 
Traitor Villain

I've moved the Totally Awesome Random Robot Role Playing Game threads to the archives.

Season 2 of TARRRPG can be found at http://www.tarrrpg.net
So far this is the first game to complete it's run.

A new thread pertaining to the next RPG will be introduced in roughly a weeks time.

Thank you for your support and interest!

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:39 pm 
Traitor Villain

Wedge14 wrote:
A new thread pertaining to the next RPG will be introduced in roughly a weeks time.

For some more information on that, and basically give a general timetable, I'll be starting the next RPG Idea Discussion Thread next weekend, where everyone can discuss any ideas they may have with everyone else. That thread will run for about a week, the end of which the RPG ideas will be PM'd to me and we'll have the RPG Voting Poll where you people pick the next RPG. Barring a tie or something else unexpected, the next RPG should be able to start the week of August 24th.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:16 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

Where do we go to post general RP ideas that we just want to discuss with no real plans to actually host them on MechaTalk ASAP?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:10 pm 
Traitor Villain

I'll make a new thread. Not a bad idea for a discussion topic, but be careful we don't stray into content that should go in Advertisements.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:29 pm 
Mecha Flunky

I'm new here and I need to know what your style of posting is like. I've done a few Gundam RPGs on another site so you don't have to worry about me crashing your story.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:33 pm 
Traitor Villain

Just look through the RPG. If that doesn't give you a clue as to what our style is like, PM me any questions and I'll help ya. Also, check your PM box for some stuff related to your character submission...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:42 pm 
Traitor Villain

I find it ironic that my duties as a member of Mecha Talk's secret police are over for the moment on Kim Jong-il's brithday. Also John McEnroe. You can't be serious! Oh, but I am.

Shadow Knight, The Red Nova and Serenity have been terminated with extreme prejudice board-wide as of today. The ban is for violating Mecha Talk Rule #10, which prohibits joining the board with multiple accounts.

Well, SK and Red Nova being brothers on the same IP was just dubious and flimsy enough to be suspicious without calling for immediate removal, though their grammar and spelling was almost identical. Even the dear old GM Bros. of yesteryear were just unique enough to tell them apart on a basic writing level.

Then along comes Serenity, the old "friend whose parents won't get a computer". On top of that Serenity's posts look almost exactly the same as SK and Red Nova's! And Serenity used information from one of SK's early profiles that was rejected!

Long enough story short, those profiles have been snatched from their beds in the dead of night by the Traitor Villains and are gone. Check the TFtF discussion if you care to see how the ban will be dealt with there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » RPG » RPG Discussion