Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG » RPG Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:39 pm 
HiMAT Spammer

Is the mahqrpg.wikispaces still considered a part of the RPG. If so is someone in charge of up keeping all the info and adding new characters or is this a collective effort for a RPG members? I would try but I'm afraid of accidentally erasing something.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:08 pm 
Traitor Villain

The RPG Wiki is an "open" Trinary project, but it seems we've been neglecting it because we're busy (and incredibly lazy). :oops:

The idea is, we set up the profiles, then people can join and correct or add onto their character's page within the framework we give you. I'd also like to take this chance to tell everyone interested in joining the wiki to use the same name (or an easily recognizeable derivative thereof) you use here when asking to join so we know who it is we're approving.

Here's the link again for anyone who doesn't have it.

Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:40 pm 
Traitor Villain

State of the RPG for September, 2007

This month, there's a couple of things we'd like to talk about.

First is a free clinic on attacking battleships that should apply for just about every Gundam universe:

Quote:
1. A destroyed bridge does not mean a destroyed ship.

2. Ships have AA/AMS weapons for a reason. Posting attack runs on an enemy ship while they're in full combat mode that makes the whole affair seem easy as pie is tacky RPing.

3. While warships are vulnerable to MS attack, please assume the following for all games unless otherwise noted at some point: ships in the RPGs are to be treated like ships in a G Generation game (and in some ways SRW). They can take and dish out a beating, and aren't entirely helpless against mobile suits. Think of a ship in these RPGs as somewhere between "Leo-class armor = explosive decompression from one bullet" and "Holy crap, 55,000 HP? What the hell, man!".

Now for the second suggestion. READ THE DISCUSSION THREADS. Folken Fanel's banning can be partially attributed to ignoring a minor issue in a discussion thread. Don't let this happen to you.

Now we would like to turn the thread over to the members to ask questions. All questions asked by September 30 will be answered this "month". The next official post will be on October 25.

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:53 pm 
Traitor Villain

STATE OF THE RPG FOR MARCH, 2008

We’re going to go ahead and use this thread to make a couple of announcements. First is that the State of the RPG has been changed from a monthly update to a “when necessary” sort of thing. If there’s no pressing business or new announcements then there’s no need for a monthly post.

The second and currently more important matter is the set of issues related to the movement of the Gundam Character Party to the RPG section.

After reviewing the situation, the Trinary has decided that Folken Fanel’s ban will stand. Since the Party Thread now falls under the RPG Section’s rules, all prior section bans, probations and warnings are in effect. If a person is banned or put on probation in the RPG Section, then they can’t continue to RP elsewhere on the board. Since the Party Thread was determined to be an RPG, it was moved to the correct section and now the correct rules apply to it.

The Big Zabowski wrote:
After looking through the Ban section and looking up the reasoning as to why Folken was "banned" for his infractions during the Wing RPG; wouldn't it be about time for it to be lifted on him? I mean he hasn't thrown any sort of tizzy or shown any animosity to my knowledge about it. Also, I haven't seen any sort of bunnying or hijacking of any characters in this story thus far, albeit for those NPCs that had been stated as such.

So I believe it would be time to give him a second chance, so that he could be a legitimate candidate for the Co-GM position.

It’s true that the Wing RPG behavior that was part of the reason he was banned happened some time ago. The fact is, the other stated reasons were the major factor in our decision to ban him from the section: the repeated abandonment of characters and his ignoring the discussion thread when we tried to resolve an in-game issue. He made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

Members are un-probated and (hypothetically) un-banned when they act in a positive manner. Folken started and participated an RPG in the wrong section after being banned. If we were to lift this ban or reduce it, it would set a precedent.

What all that means is this: the members of the Gundam Character Party RPG are to select for themselves a new GM. Folken Fanel and Heretic are ineligible because of a ban and probationary status, respectively, and Folken cannot participate.

I’ll leave this thread unlocked for the time being so questions can be answered here.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:58 pm 
Hot-blooded Gattai

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:
Members are un-probated and (hypothetically) un-banned when they act in a positive manner. Folken started and participated an RPG in the wrong section after being banned. If we were to lift this ban or reduce it, it would set a precedent.
That ceased to be your call to make when Chris approved the thread in the first place. You can't pin any blame for that on Folken. If it were so against the rules as you claim, then it should have been stopped then and there before it started.

As for the abandonment of characters, that almost also does not apply as the only character he can truly abandon is himself. Something by its very nature is as being very hard to do.

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:17 pm 
Traitor Villain

Wingnut wrote:
That ceased to be your call to make when Chris approved the thread in the first place. You can't pin any blame for that on Folken. If it were so against the rules as you claim, then it should have been stopped then and there before it started.

I'm not going to pretend to know the contents of the PM(s) that led to the new Character Party being approved for posting. It was Chris' call to make, and you're ignoring the fact that he's also the one that agreed that it should be moved and set it into motion. For some reason I doubt Folken asked Chris if it was okay to start a new RPG outside the RPG Section.

Wingnut wrote:
As for the abandonment of characters, that almost also does not apply as the only character he can truly abandon is himself. Something by its very nature is as being very hard to do.

I really don't know what you're getting at there, as the point you're trying to make is moot. He's abandoned two characters in the section already and got punished for it. There is no "almost" hypothetical to ponder here.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:50 am 
Traitor Villain

So here I am finally making use of this thread again.

We just wanted to make an official announcement:

We're declaring Ascension MIA.

In TFtF, I will be taking control of Capt. Dombrowski, and control of Jim MacAlpin will be split between Wedge and I.

In the SEED RPG, Ascension's role and characters are going to be handled by Cardi and Wedge.

If and when he returns, we'll deal with the return of his characters and any possible punishment.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:50 pm 
Mecha Flunky

Has anyone attempted to do a Eureka Seven RP? either a prequel or sequel like RP?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:57 pm 
Traitor Villain

Typezero09 wrote:
Has anyone attempted to do a Eureka Seven RP? either a prequel or sequel like RP?

Not on these boards.

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:26 pm 
Mecha Flunky

Why isn't there one here?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:36 pm 
Oblivious Harem Loser

because we only run three and I guess no one suggested one before we started what is now TARRRPG (or if one was suggested it wasn't voted in)

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:06 pm 
Traitor Villain

Typezero09 wrote:
Why isn't there one here?

A number of reasons. As Sume Gai alluded to, we are only allowing three RPG's to be run at one time (Something we've only recently allowed, we only allowed two for a long time due to the issues that often resulted from having too many RPGs at once). That said, when we never really did a poll for the third RPG, as the Party RPG (I'm too lazy to spell it's new name) was started in another section where it didn't belong, and so it was moved to the General RPG Section (Working in rather nicely, as we had wanted to have a third RPG and it was already somewhat established).

All that said, whenever it comes time for us the pick a new General RPG, feel free to suggest a Eureka Seven RPG. If someone comes up with an idea, or you come up with one of your own, it can be a part of the selection poll.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:44 pm 
Traitor Villain

SHORT ANNOUNCEMENT

I want to remind everyone that participates in the RPG Section that if you currently have characters in more than one game, please devote appropriate time to all of them.

So far it seems to the Trinary and several others that the 3-at-a-time experiment has been a slowly worsening failure.

At this point this post is just a reminder of the section rules. If the problem continues, we may hand out short term punishments for the continued ignoring of characters.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:47 pm 
Hot-blooded Gattai

A question for the Trinary on an unusual form of fighting and possible hit calling.

Now obviously hit calling is generally a big no-no on other player characters and their mobile suits, but what's the SOP when it comes to remote weapons such as funnels? Although it has not been present in any RPG for the modern forum before, I have a situation where remote weapons are dueling each other (INCOM style weapons vs. fin funnels) and I foresee similar situations happening again so I was wondering what the guidelines would be for calling actions against a remote weapon with another remote weapon.

Are they the same as hit detection on the mobile suit itself, or can more liberties be taken here? A funnel duel between two powerful newtypes could take a while and is something that even the animation in CCA avoided and focused on Amuro and Char rather than the outcome of the funnel duel.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:24 pm 
OMG Doomsday Laser

I hope I wasn't hit calling. o_o

Sadly, I think in this same situation, ignoring it is out --- the Dezpada's Psyrods are attached to the unit. If it was up to me, I'd say it's the same rule with normal hit-calling; Try not to, unless the opponent does not respond for 48 hours and need to move on.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:34 pm 
Traitor Villain

When it comes to Fin Funnels, Bits, DRAGOON units or whatever remote weapons are being used, the usual rules are still in effect. Hit calling on them remains illegal (Unless the miniumum 48 hours passes, of course) because they are still a part of the mobile suit and it's not like you can randomly start shooting off arms or legs or what have you.

As for remotes dueling remotes, just think of it as important NPC's, or rather, more characters under your control fighting each other, and so again, calling hits remains illegal.

While this will doubtlessly have the effect of forcing people to make longer RP's when it comes to using (Or fighting ) remote weapons, that's the burden one takes one when they choose a suit that has remote weapons. We hope you don't have too many. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:21 pm 
Hot-blooded Gattai

First, no Cybaster, you were not hit calling. I made that post to make sure I wouldn't be hit calling with my next move.

Second, I think I'm going to need Mu La Flaga like spatial awareness from now on at this rate. God forbid we have something like a Geymalk vs. a Quin Mantha with all their funnels out at once.
Right now it's 4 on 4 and that's enough for me, though my character does have 6 to use in total.

Anyway, this is good to know for now and in the future.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:54 pm 
Traitor Villain

If you're confused:

Yes, Gundam SEED: Double Helix has closed and is now in the RPG Archive.

Unfortunately another RPG has come and gone, but looking on the bright side, DH lasted for over 7 months. While it had an abrupt and unfulfilling end, I would say that it ran for a 'sucessful' length of time.

Every time we run another game on Mechatalk we're trying to improve, and DH did it's part in making the section better.

At this time, because of end-of-semester hectic activity and Cardi's current problems, we have no plans to immediately discuss or vote on opening a new RPG. When the time comes, there will be a new announcement, but for the time being we're going to tighten out belts and run 2 games again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:15 pm 
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

I suppose I should get this over with now:

I would like to humbly apologize for abandoning my characters in all three RPGs that they appeared in, without informing you guys of my sudden vanishing from the RPG section. It was wrong of me to do so. As for why, I still do not know for sure, but I believe I had temporarily lost my enthusiasm for RPing, and procrastinated on informing everyone here.

Fritz, Cardi, McRed, I will willingly accept whatever disiplinary measures you deem appropriate in this matter.

Thank you.

Click Here!

Post subject: Not Yet
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:15 am 
Lackey GM Pilot

It's a new year for all so why not open with a bang? The Ace of Spades isn't dead yet, problems come and go personal and social but we move on. Hopefully I have as well, but it's another new year 2009 and I thought I'd throw an opening statement to all I'm still waiting and watching, a merry christmas to all and to all a good night.

"You've just drawn the wrong card"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » RPG » RPG Discussion