Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG » RPG Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 76  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:04 pm 
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Welcome back to the land of the living.

Give me a call and let me know how you're doing. I got a new phone so I lost all my old numbers.

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:48 pm 
HiMAT Spammer

Depending on the number of teeth being pulled out and pain meds you're on you'll be too busy spitting out blood for posting. Now only if wedge was that lucky...

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 am 
Traitor Villain

You guys like maps? Because I got a map right here!

Make sure to check out the RPG section - We're about to start a new VOTOMS RPG!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:43 am 

I hope to be back to posting this week. A few characters will still be stuck, but might as well get a move on eh?

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:13 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

I've read through the recaps, looked at the recent episodes, and I gotta say, I'm hooked. I want to join, but I have a few questions:

• At what point in Zeta Gundam is the RP currently at? Has Quattro acquired the Hyaku Shiki yet?
  • Can we pilot units that aren't listed amongst the ones in the RP's wiki? I'm not saying I'd like to pilot one of the freaking Prototype Zetas or whatever, but perhaps OTHER Mass Produced units that the AEUG has fielded, like the Gemeaux, the Gelgoog, or the GM II?
  • Is applying as a Test Pilot too much of a stretch, or is it just "Choose a rank and hope for the best."?

I realize the Gemeaux is a unit from Ecole Du Ciel, but by the time the Le Cygne and Gemeaux mobile suits were rolled out, the Hyaku Shiki was already built, but I'm not sure if the Zeta Gundam was rolled out around the same time the Le Cygne and Gemeaux were introduced.

Could someone maybe clarify this for me?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:40 pm 
Traitor Villain

Glad you are interested! To answer your questions...

1. We're at the final battle at Gryps 2, on February 20th, 0088. So yeah, Quattro has had the Hyaku Shiki for a good ten months already.

2. At the current point in the RPG, the unit you'd pilot would largely depend on which ship you are assigned to. The Gemeaux isn't a suit we'd use in the RPG, as we've ignored Ecole du Ciel in our lil' universe (We've done the same thing with Advance of Zeta, FYI). The Gelgoog wasn't used as a regular combat unit in Zeta, it was just used by Reccoa on a single spy mission (And IIRC, was actually a Nemo just hugely dressed up with Gelgoog parts, or something like that), and by this point the GM II is practially non-existent within AEUG combat units. All that said, if you joined the AEUG, you'd almost certainly be put in a Nemo, but there will eventually be chances and ways to get something else (If you didn't see it anywhere yet, we'll eventually be moving foward into Gundam Sentinel, so keep that in mind).

3. Well, these are regular, grunt combat units you'd be joining, so it's not like you'd be test piloting something within the RPG, and "test pilot" isn't a rank anyway :P. Theoretically, you could say in your character's biography that he was one, but I'd strongly recommend against it, as it's something that's rather over used (Like the misconception of the AEUG being full of Zeons, something I guess that's mainly the result of various mangas).

So, I hope that helps, and feel free to ask any other questions. :mrgreen:

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:05 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

Thanks, Red. Glad to know that my guy has the potential to become more than just a guy in a Nemo or Rick Dias. :mrgreen:

If we are going to be moving forward into Sentinel territory, then perhaps some of the Zeta Plus variants, the Nero, and the Nouvel GM III will be some of the suits available?

Keeping with that in mind, will we also be moving into ZZ territory after we're done with Sentinel?

And another thing... Have any characters in the RP had the honor of piloting Non-mass production suits, or limited production suits? Like, for example, has anyone piloted one of the other Gundam Mk.II units, Prototype Zetas, or the like?

Again, I looked over the recap, and skimmed through the more recent episodes, myself, so... Yeah. Still kinda not sure what's what, thought I have a general idea...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:16 pm 
Traitor Villain

Zeta Superior wrote:
If we are going to be moving forward into Sentinel territory, then perhaps some of the Zeta Plus variants, the Nero, and the Nouvel GM III will be some of the suits available?

There will be some new stuff popping up, but we can't say exactly what yet...

"The same guy as before wrote:
And another thing... Have any characters in the RP had the honor of piloting Non-mass production suits, or limited production suits? Like, for example, has anyone piloted one of the other Gundam Mk.II units, Prototype Zetas, or the like?

Well, the Rick Dias units are really limited production suits inspite of their being labelled as mass production, particularly the custom versions and packs we've got in the RPG, and there was an Asshimar that appeared in one of the early episodes (FYI, our first ten episodes, covering the first year of the RPG, were accidently deleted in the summer of 2007, IIRC :(). But beyond those, nope, nothing like the suits you mentioned, although the Griffins that the Titans have are very much limited production suits and as close to Gundams as we've had in this RPG.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:26 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

Interesting... One last question.

Is it possible for someone to customize their unit, and how simplistic or complex of a customization can it be? An example of what I'm talking about would have to be something like how Karen Joshua had to slap on a Ground GM head on her Ground Gundam after it's head was blown off, or how Shiro's Ground Gundam got reconfigured into the Ez8.

What I'm trying to ask, I guess, is... Are field repairs like that okay?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:32 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Zeta Superior wrote:

Is it possible for someone to customize their unit, and how simplistic or complex of a customization can it be? An example of what I'm talking about would have to be something like how Karen Joshua had to slap on a Ground GM head on her Ground Gundam after it's head was blown off, or how Shiro's Ground Gundam got reconfigured into the Ez8.

unless you're part of axis (where each Gaza-C is made from the leftovers of several others that transformed one too many times) and a couple of exceptions involving some Ace pilots (like Pan Heyden and Nick Te'Litha having custom paintwork on their mobile suits) i don't think that's allowed

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:50 pm 
Traitor Villain

Zeta Superior wrote:

Well, we did have this thing appear in an episode, but those kinds of things are very much the exception rather than the norm. Such field repairs probably are very difficult and time consuming, and our ships usually have enough spare parts on hand that they can keep their MS in normal working order with the proper parts more often and with comparatively less effort by the mechanics.

Beyond that, stuff like custom colors on an MS, or certain parts of it, or equipment like shield, are sometimes allowed, as mcjones noted. However, they aren't that common (I think only three or four characters in the entire RPG have done it), and they'd have to be approved by the Trinary first. These are supposed to be normal combat units, so most people are supposed to be in stock units in stock colors. :)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:57 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

Ah, I see. I was thinking that if I got a Nemo, if there weren't many replacement parts left or whatever, I'd just have a GM II head slapped on it or something.

Meh, it's fine. We're getting close to Zeta's climax anyway, right?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:01 pm 
Traitor Villain

Yep. We're in the early stages of the final battle of the series' last two episodes, which in-universe took place over the span of about two days...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:20 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

I see. After the Sentinel storyline ends, it's Char's Counterattack, followed by Unicorn or Hathaway's Flash next, right? I'm asking only because I'm fairly certain Sentinel and ZZ take place roughly around the same time.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 pm 
Traitor Villain

We've more or less been pretty relaxed about allowing custom shoulder insignia though, like Stukov's hammer-and-sickle, Dolk's metal horns, Eddie's Frankenstrat design, Orsino's Ourobouros, and Paris's Infinity symbol (so far as the ones I remember offhand), and some characters who've been around awhile have miscellaneous other insignia, like a large white spot on the torso of Celeste's Dias and... does Jacob still have "Kukum" and "Phelps" printed on the arms of his Dias?

We try not to have too many full-on or large-scale repaints, though. Like Red said, the idea is that these are more along the lines of "typical" combat units, even if we stretch "typical" in some ways.

mcjones wrote:
...a couple of exceptions involving some Ace pilots (like Pan Heyden and Nick Te'Litha having custom paintwork on their mobile suits)...

Wolf also has a crimson-black-gold repaint, which I hope isn't forgotten :(

Zeta Superior wrote:
I see. After the Sentinel storyline ends, it's Char's Counterattack, followed by Unicorn or Hathaway's Flash next, right? I'm asking only because I'm fairly certain Sentinel and ZZ take place roughly around the same time.

Right, Sentinel does take place mostly during ZZ, but it only overlaps with the early episodes of the series. In any case, the only answer I want to give, since it gives nothing away, is "you'll see". We have our plans and like to keep some cards close to the chest ;)

Make sure to check out the RPG section - We're about to start a new VOTOMS RPG!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

I see... Well, I suppose I'll get to work on my profile submission.

... Or will I have to wait to submit a new one until we reach the Sentinel storyline? You guys are nearing the end of the "Zeta" arc, and introducing a new character NOW seems somewhat silly.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 pm 
Traitor Villain

You can submit one now or anytime that'd you like, however, it will likely take us a few days to approve it and figure out how to work your character into the RPG (Since we can't have him just instantly appear in the middle of the battle).

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

Right-o.

I'll get working on it now, then.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:53 pm 

Quote:
does Jacob still have "Kukum" and "Phelps" printed on the arms of his Dias?

I'm pretty sure both those arms have been blown off or mangled enough to have the armor replaced by now and he didn't repaint them so...no.

Although he should probably have "Clute" painted somewhere.

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:22 pm 
HiMAT Spammer

Quote:
Well, we did have this thing appear in an episode, but those kinds of things are very much the exception rather than the norm.:)

Oh wow, I remember that thing. Too bad it only lasted one mission.....rest in peace Traubel :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 76  Next

Board index » RPG » RPG Discussion