Mobile Suit Gundam ACE

Your own tale of two mecha.
Kylern

Mobile Suit Gundam ACE

(ACE= After Common Era)

Opening Scene
-ACE 0068-

It has been 5 years since the technology known as the mobile suit was introduced into the world of modern warfare. The major powers of the North American Union, European Union, and China have all be chasing this new wave of military technology with the greatest advancements taking place in North America and Europe. Conflict though has occurred as China began its move to not only advance itself into this technology but to use it to expand its influence over Asia.

On the 13th of February China invaded the nation of India after meltdown over the treatment over the native people of southwestern China. While normally things like this would blow over it was the perfect opportunity to test its new power under the guise of fighting terrorism. Stating to the United Nations that India was supplying weapons to rebel groups in outlaying Chinese providences as well as the mistreatment over the recently annexed Pakistan, this was a political ruse to get the excuse for a military action.

With the Indian military overrun by the Chinese military, as well as its collection of mobile weapons, Britain stepped up in Europe to demand action. And in response the European Union mobilized its own mobile weapons against the Chinese in the start of a new World War.

While the NAU deplored the actions of the Chinese it wasn’t in a position to fight. With its economy damaged due to years of down turning and its loss of military bases around the world they were forced to watch. Their own mobile suits though found their way into the hands of forces opposing the Chinese creating a proxy war in which the NAU was able to help its allies. But little to their knowledge the Chinese we’re also waging their own secret war against the NAU on their own home soil. This was performed by spies, stealing mobile weapon and new energy technology being developed by the NAU military.

The newest piece of technology though was known as the Gundam… Based off the NAU’s standard mobile suit, the GMS-01, the GX-00 was designed to be the most powerful mobile suit in existence. Blending new energy collection designs as well as direct energy based weapons this was the next generation of weapons technology. And unfortunately it was the envy of the Chinese… if they could get a hold of it then they could crush the European Union’s military and then turn its attention on the rest of Asia including the main ally of the NAU, Japan.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Kylern

Episode 1 Rising Star
-ACE 0068 March 20th-

A car mysteriously travels down a deserted road in the deserts of Nevada within the North American Union’s southwest. Why it was there was a mystery since the only thing out there was an NAU military weapon test facility. It wasn’t a secret what went on out there since the declassification of Roswell in New Mexico but nobody ever made the trek through the desert unless you had a reason too. And the driver had a reason it seemed because he came well prepared. In the trunk was extra hydrogen fuel for this car’s energy cells and beneath the seats in the back were what oddly looked like spy gear. There was also a high performance laptop with the latest in high tech cyber terrorism software. Whoever this man was, he was trouble.

Meanwhile, a mobile suit transport truck pulls out of a massive hanger on the said test base. A tarp is placed over the unit to prevent aerial photography of the unit during its transportation to a secure training ground. Little did they know but the unit was already being targeted and a rat in the program had given out its schedule. The military was bold though and didn’t believe anyone would attempt to interfere with the new mobile weapon, after all China was fighting the European Union and had better things to do than bother with them. It was rather funny how lax security was in the backwater base, especially compared to the level of secrecy in the GX program.

“This is GX transport to field tower we are coming in.” The driver of the truck was a younger soldier in a mechanics uniform. His partner was a technician and they were the field crew for the Gundam. The driver radioed the training field crew who were preparing three captured Chinese MT-2s. These basic mobile suits had the signature mono-eye of other Chinese units as well as the standard arsenal of weapons. These included the two 50mm machine-guns mounted in the waist, a 150mm machine-gun, and its signature vibration combat sword. The Chinese MT-2s were big, nasty, and heavily armored… sort of like upright tanks but strangely agile due to the thrusters in the legs and back. There were also two GMS-01s there two. These were the NAU equivalent of the MTs and the basis for most mobile suits out today. Unlike the MT-2s the 01 was a slender well designed unit that appeared more human then the orc-like MT. It was armed though with less weapons… These were a 90mm bull-pup assault rifle and two small vibro-knives hidden in the side skirts. Defense wise the MT had much more armor and a large shoulder mounted shield which housed the sword while the lighter GMS had an arm mounted short shield for close combat. These five mass produced units were to act as opponents for the GX to test its ability in combat.

“Alright let’s make sure this goes right guys. This is the final test for the Gundam and we need to make sure it all goes well. And where is its pilot?” A hollower could be heard from a balding officer as he stormed through the people gathered around looking for the hot shot that was suppose to be getting ready to pilot the GX. The older officer stopped and looked at the laughing pilots of the opposing mobile suits. “And what might I ask is so damn funny boys?” He asked in an angry sounding voice that caught the joking pilots in a moment of awkardness. “And where the hell is 1st Lt. Johnson? He was supposed to be here damnit!” He yelled again at the pilots who just shrugged their shoulders.

Leaving that moment to itself the Lt. was actually standing on a dune looking at the battlefield. They were going to be engaging in a mock cityscape battle and the military had actually set up a cardboard city in the middle of the desert just for them. From his position he could see it all and was already plotting his movements. ”I’ve been in that simulator for so long and now its time for real testing… I’m so excited… I wonder if the Gundam will really be as powerful as the higher ups seem to think.” He was thinking all this to himself as he looked at himself in the specially designed flight suit they had built for him. Under his arm was the helmet that was supposed to be linked to the advance visual and tactical systems that were on the GX. He felt so cool right now and truly hoped he would be able to pull this off well. After his entire career depended on his ability to pilot the GX on the battlefield so this was important.

After looking over the scene he placed his helmet on and took off towards the spot where the Gundam was being dragged to and uncovered. Our uninvited guest in the car was also arriving on the scene. As he got out he grabbed a spare flight uniform from the backseat and changed quickly. His appearance was hard to tell from the back but he had short red hair and stood at about 6’1. Before more of a look could be gotten he brought a helmet over his head and slipped into the base using a false ID given to him by an unknown person. It seemed he was here to steal something… But who would try to steal the GX?

As the stranger entered the training field, Lt. Johnson watched as the Gundam rose from the truck to stand straight up. It was beautiful with a golden V fin on its head. Attached to the backpack were two tubes that were the new Beam Sabres that had been developed for the unit. Attached to its arm was a large combat shield which housed the brand new beam rifle. To round out it’s weaponry it had two powerful 60mm mega machine-guns in its chest, and two beam knives hidden in its legs. The unit also mounted a thruster ladened pack for speed and extra thrusters on its legs and rear waist. This all created a powerful unit but the true secret laid in the new reactor which cycled its fuel-cells in order to not only increase its life on the battlefield but allow it to be armed with new fangled beam weaponry. This new reactor was suppose to allow the unit to go on forever as long as it didn’t drop its energy levels to 0 due to its cycling recharger. Lt. Johnson was amazed by the unit was he looking at and ready to jump in to give it a spin.

“Alright pilots get to your machines. We will be beginning the combat trials starting with the MT-2s. Lt. Johnson you will have to destroy all your targets without taking damage before you can move on.” The balding officer demanded from his position in the control tower. The MT-2s were mounted and made their way into the city as the Gundam was checked and made ready for Johnson to get it. Once Johnson was inside he connected the wires to his helmet as the systems turned on and the screens around him lit up. He was sitting in a linear seat design and the helmet projected a tactical system up for the pilot. Johnson felt one with the Gundam as it activated and started to step forward.

“1st Lt. Johnson, GX-00 Launch!” With that the Gundam seemed to lift off the ground due to its massive leg thrusters and entered the city to find and destroy the enemy units.

-Episode Over-
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

You're a good writer, Kylern. However, it's hard to tell where you are taking this because it seems like the standard first chapter to anything you'll ever read. You'll have to post more before anyone can really say anything about your work here. =p

I just have a few things I want to point out to give you a heads up. ...I guess first thing I should probably mention is that there is already a Gundam that is specifically referred to as the "GX". This isn't a huge deal, however, because you can simply just ignore the fact, haha.

Your writing is primarily free of errors that detract from the story, but I think there may be some ways to improve. I know you're just writing in your own style, but you may want to elevate the diction or language by some degree to give your words more impact. Find more adjectives asides from things like 'odd' or 'strange'. And this last bit may sound weird, but your narration came across slightly weird to me. It sounded more like some guy describing what was going on (kinda like he was watching TV and describing what he saw to someone else) as opposed to sounding like there was an author narrating a story. This was the most obvious when you were giving the physical description of the guy infiltrating the base. We couldn't see his face? He was turned the other way? Why could we not see? You are the narrator. You are supposed to be able to see everything. I guess instead of making excuses for lack of a proper description, just give us the light description and roll with it. "He was tall with red hair and putting on a pilot suit" is all we need to know! =)

Hrm, I guess I'm just saying all this in the hopes that your writing will improve and develop further. Hopefully something surprising or unique will happen in the following chapters to keep me interested. Keep at it. =p
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Kylern

Yes I know there is a GX and I was going to ignore that. I had GMS (General Mobile Suit) and GX-00 was (Gundam Xperimental) which is actually just one of several identical units.

Yes I know its written oddly... I was writing it almost like a script which I hate but I couldn't help it when I started. I was actually writing this from an RP I did with some friends and I couldn't get out of that third person outsider mentallity. But yeah I'm going to work on it... this was the first part and it will get better. But then again I kind of think it would be interesting to narrate it from the point of view of an outsider watching the events. I've never really written a story from that point of view.

Story wise this was the standard first chapter. I'm going to take this is a cliche direction until a point where it gets more interesting... If I continue it. I don't feel any direction or desire to continue on with the two main characters (Unknown dude who is exposed later on and the Lt.). Honestly I don't know if I even want to continue... I just thought I would throw it out there and see what people thought before I continued with a crappy storyline.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Wow, that made me laugh pretty good. Your honesty is very refreshing, is all I can say.

Go ahead and post your story. For practice, if not for anything else. You also have the chance to take this somewhere else and do something amazing with it. Think of it as an opportunity to develop as a writer. It's all you, Kylern.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Kylern

K will work on at least another episode.
Last edited by Kylern on Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kylern

Episode 3 Mechjack
-ACE 0068 March 21th-

The lights flashed on in the small dark room. A large imposing man stood there with a clipboard in one hand while his other lightly tapped a pen on the table in front of him. Beads of sweat ran off his skin as the hot lights began to roast the room in true interrogation style. Sitting at the table was the bloody figure of 1st Lt. Johnson, his head hanging down defeated while his hands were tied behind him to the chair.

“Now Lt. do I have to rough you up some more or will you begin to sing as to why you let that man steal the GX? Are you working for the Chinese military?” The interrogator demanded as his fists started to ball up.

“I am not a spy… I did not let that guy take the Gundam. If you will quit treating me like a prisoner I will explain everything that happened…” Johnson said this in a voice that showed demoralization. He hadn’t slept all night and this ape had spent the last 20 minutes making a human piece of beef out of him.

“Fine Lt. but if your bull shitting me I’ll make sure your more than just court marshaled. You’ll have a date with firing squad for treason.” He spat this out with hatred as Johnson felt the hot spit hit him in the face. The young officer and mobile suit pilot lifted his head to look at the interrogator and started to tell off the story after the Gundam’s launch.

-Yesterday-

“Systems check and weapons armed. The GX is moving along perfectly.” The Lt. rattled off as he entered the cityscape battlefield. His objective was to defeat the three MT-2s out here to the best of his abilities. He was rather confident though this would go easily because if the unit reacted like the simulator then these machines were good as dead.

“Roger Lt. the MT squad says it’s ready to engage you. Please do your best to not let the GX get to scratched up?” The control tower replied as they readied a reply for the MT team to engage once the Lt said he was ready.

“Alright let’s do this!” Excitement rose in the Lt. as he grabbed the controls and pushed forward as his sensors started to pick up faint energy signals. The MT squad had prepared a trap for the Gundam in the form of a triangle formation. The lead MT was ready for the Gundam with its 150mm sitting on a one story building for support. The unit was on its knees and just as the Gundam came down the road and into its line of sight the pilot squeezed off a burst of machine gun fire down the road.

The Gundam barely had time to react to the attack as it brought its shield up to absorb the heavy round bullets. The Lt. had to push his boosters to the side in an attempt to get out of the firing line of the lead MT it met resistance again. There was another MT waiting for him behind another building and just as the Gundam tried to escape behind shelter the new unit started to fire at him. Several bullets struck the tough armor causing the unit to flinch and shake. The Lt. was in a bind since the MT was right there near him and wasn’t letting up on the attack. In any normal unit the Lt. would have been scrapped by this planned out attack but the Gundam wasn’t a normal unit. Instead it took a few shots and then ducked in as the bullets inbedded themselves into the building beside it. Then pushing forward the unit used its shield as a battering ram to drive the MT into a structure as it drew a beam knife from inside its leg.

“Now eat this!” He Lt. forced his Gundam to drive the beam knife into the unarmored shoulder of the MT and then with a jerk disconnected the arm that was carrying the 150mm. The enemy pilot though wasn’t done as it used the free arm to latch onto the arm of the Gundam. This was because the third MT that was hidden came charging into the battle from behind with its Vibration sword drawn and ready to bite into the Gundam’s armor. Alarms were going off in the cockpit as the Lt. fired his machine-guns into the MT in front of him before grabbing its extended arm. Then using the full power of the Gundam it was thrown in a wide swing across the road at the charging MT.

The enemy unit was shocked by the move but ready as it leaped up over its ally that was threatening to trip it up. The Gundam though had already moved in quickly with the beam knife and gave a slash as the vibration sword came down. Both weapons met and a hissing sound could be heard as the beam blade tried to melt through the anti-armor weapon of the enemy. Red lights were blinking in the Gundam’s cockpit due to the spike in energy levels that were threatening to overheat the knife. In order to prevent it from failing him he had to turn it off and let the sword crash into the full shield on its arm. The force of the strike forced the Gundam back slightly but the Lt. didn’t let that be the end. Instead he replaced the beam knife with a full size saber and met blades with the enemy unit. This time the hiss was even greater but the sword was easily cut in half by the much more powerful beam weapon. The MT didn’t have time to react as the Lt. brought the beam saber around and cut the head of the unit clean off with a nice simple slash.

“Two down and one to go…” A swift kick forced the MT to fall over helpless as the Gundam stepped over the body and was going after the last lead unit on the field. The MT in question had already taken a new position after hearing the cries of his team mates and while this was also training it still felt so real to all of them. He was actually sweating in his cockpit because the Gundam had tore through his squad mates with such ease that it was scary. The face the beam sabers could cut through the vibration swords was enough to fill him with dread since he didn’t know a way to counter the power. Too bad he didn’t get much time to think about it as several bursts of machine-gun fire tore through a building he was hiding behind. While it was a lower caliber than his own 150mm it was still enough to cause damage to the lightly armored parts of his mech. One stray bullet could ruin his day and that caused him to shift his position and return fire from behind the building at the incoming Gundam. The Lt. quickly hit the thrusters to the side and avoided the fire easily as it sprayed across the street. Then without any real warning he appeared around the buildings to flank the MT with his beam rifle pointed at the unguarded side of the unit.

“I surrender…” The pilot said as the mobile suit dropped its weapons. The battle was over and all the units were taken away for review and repair. The Gundam was also going to have its combat data analyzed quickly before it was sent out to fight with the GMSs next. The Lt. gave a relieved sigh as he got out of the GX and let it be taken away so he could have a short break.

“Good going 1st Lt. Johnson, you really showed them in that battle.” The person that was trying to catch the attention of the pilot was the mysterious pilot. He didn’t have his helmet on so his features were noticeable, but due to the authentic uniform he was wearing, the fact he was unknown here didn’t seem to matter. “I’ll be your opponent in this next battle so I hope you can give me a good run for my money.” The man said with a small laugh as he tapped the Lt. on the shoulder while he walked past.

“Yeah I’ll make sure to do that buddy.” That was the return as he watched the guy walk off towards the mobile suits. The Lt. made nothing of this and didn’t seem to even notice that he had left the helmet in the cockpit of the GX. The mysterious man with the deep brown eyes and shocking red hair had already made his way to the front of the unguarded Gundam.

“Hey!” A voice called out to him as the technician from the transport truck started to walk quickly towards the Gundam with the reviewed combat data card. “You’re not allowed to get close to that.” He said walking up to the uniformed man with the card in his hand rather loosely.

“Sorry, just wanted to see the mobile suit I would be facing.” He said with a deceptive smile. He had seen the card and also realized that the Lt. had forgotten to take the helmet needed to operate the unit. This was all falling perfectly into place… he didn’t even have to use most of the equipment he had brought. The NAU was making this so easy and he was ready to make his move.

“No problem. I see your one of the opposing pilots for the testing. Well good luck cause you’ll need it against this machine.” The technician laughed even as he realized what was happening. The man had drove his fist into the gut of the technician in the blink of an eye just as the sentence was finished. His eyes started to close and the man took the data disk quickly.

“Now for my prize…” Quickly he took the zipline up to the cockpit and climbed in. Everything was so streamline what he was easily able to figure out where the disk went and what to do next. The guy was an expert ex-pilot within the NAU military and had no problem figuring out what to do next. The helmet came on and he connected himself to the unit as it started to wake up. “And ashes fell over the silent night.” He spoke in a slight poetic voice as he made the machine draw its beam rifle and pointed at the two NAU’s that were ready to be launched. Then with a grin he fired two shots at the units just to watch them melt and twist from the heat of the green energy shot. Then with an explosion their fuel cell reactors detonated like bombs sending waves of force out throwing people and vehicles into the air.
“The Gundam is being stolen! The Gundam is being stolen!” Was all that could be heard as the control tower sent out the alarm to the entire base. But it was quickly silenced as the GX turned on it and fired the beam rifle at the tower to destroy it with ease. The sheer power of the beam rifle was unquestionable but the barrel was overheating and the unit was giving off an alarm.

“The energy weapons have to be used sparingly… interesting. It seems they haven’t perfected this thing yet. No problem, they won’t stop me now.” He laughed as he took off after jumping the security fence and out into the desert of the American Southwest. He had a date with a transport out of here and back to the person that would pay him for this job well done. He had left the base in disarray and without the chance to launch units quickly there was little they could do now.

“1st Lt. Johnson we need to speak with you.” Was the last thing Johnson heard as he turned around to see a pair of MPs behind him with weapons pointed. Then he was taken away without a word to be questioned about what had just happened. Everyone was in confusion and it seemed Johnson was going to take the blame for being reckless even though it wasn’t his fault.

-Episode Over-
Cel Chad

Hey, that's great! I'm writing alittle something too, and I culd not find a better place to find inspiration from. Keep on Writing, please! :D
I'm the last man that likes the happy endings, Tim.