Mobile Suit Gundam SEED TWILIGHT

Your own tale of two mecha.
yazi88

When are you going to post Red Planet Chapters?
ShadowCell

When I have them written.

The first chapter of "Red Planet" is almost done, but it's not exactly high on my list of priorities--and before I can really get to work on it, I'd need some more information about DELTA ASTRAY.
ShadowCell

A two-fer! And the peasants rejoiced, or something.

Phase 18 of "TWILIGHT" and Phase 01 of "Red Planet" are up. Expect "Red Planet" to get written a lot more slowly than "TWILIGHT." General lack of information about DELTA ASTRAY that I can find or understand may result in some characters coming off as slightly or perhaps significantly skewed--but if any of you know more about DELTA ASTRAY than I do, feel free to let me know.
Last edited by ShadowCell on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omnislasher

I was thinking about something and was if you could answer a quick question.

Maybe I missed something during DESTINY(or the side stories), but what ever happened to the Deliverence?
I'd like to think I'm a forgiving person...

...but thought and action are two different things...
ShadowCell

It'll show up eventually under someone else's command.
Thundermuffin

It seems the intervening years between Destiny and Red Planet have served to make Kira less unlikable. That's good.

I'm surprised Hayden bit it. I was expecting more to be done with him.
yazi88

Are you going to add Prayer and Carnard from X Astray in here?

Also any ideas for Morgan Chevalier and some Destiny Astray characters in this fic?
ShadowCell

Canard shows up in this next story arc, actually. Y'know, to spoil stuff...although I'm not sure how much I can spoil when the next chapter is called "The Junk Guild."

As for Morgan and Co, they all show up in various cameos scattered throughout "TWILIGHT" and "ETERNITY" (mostly "ETERNITY," actually, now that I think about it). But they'll get some time in the spotlight, and I can say right now that it won't be "pathetic enhancement talent to make the main characters look good" time in the spotlight.
ShadowCell

Phase 19 is up. No idea if/when I'll get another chapter done within the next week, because that week is looking to be pretty packed.
Antares

And so I have several episodes to go through, I see. Well. You don't mind if I give feedback mostly on 19, though? Of course you don't. :P

I liked how cold and detached daddy Meyers was, even if that made him seem so nefariously evil that it borders on Gundam clichés, but hey, this is a Gundam fanfic after all. It was nice to see Hayden pulling it through; like Thundermuffin said, he had/has potential. And you certainly did not lie when you talked about ASTRAY crew making their little entrance into this story. I hope you can give Sven and his lot still some attention too though.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Kurotetsu

Finally been reading through this and am on Phase-11 now.

I really like what you did with Rau. I had commented a ways back at how easily he was manipulating everyone and everything into doing anything he wanted. Seeing him knocked down a couple of dozen notches was nice to see, especially when he admitted how ineffectual he had become (though this sorta gets wiped out with him getting Legend). I guess the major drawback of miraculously surviving two attempts at instigating global genocide is that everyone finally smartened up and are not even giving him the time of day, let alone access to any useful info or tech (until Minerva picks him up anyway).

As another posted stated, I found the notion of Minerva just happening to have a complete set of Destiny and Legend parts just lying around collecting dust to be a little cheapening. I always got the impression in Seed Destiny that the, ahem, Destiny was a truly one-of-a-kind unit made specifically for Shinn. I can understand having specific parts set aside for critical repairs (like the beam wing systems), but an entire unit for E-Z Snap-On Assembly (though at least the engineers were bitching about having to spend so much time on it)? The Savior parts are a little more believable as multiple units were actually revealed to be built in Destiny Astray.

Considering what an elite unit the Destiny is supposed to be, Emily better have a godlike learning curve to go with her Newtypeness if she hopes to be any good with it.
ShadowCell

I figure that given that the Minerva's supply lines aren't set in stone, the engineers keep enough spare parts on hand to rebuild the whole thing if need be. As well, it makes sense to me--if you've got the room and it won't slow you down.
Commissar Bright Noa

I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't have a pilot up to par / safe enough to give another Destiny so they just had the parts for repairs.

My only concern is where they gots them thar Super Nuclear whatchamacallits.
jam!

At first I didn't like your writing on the SEED rewrite but that grew on me and as a result, I'm enjoying SEED TWILIGHT.

I just wish the war seemed more tragic though because so many are still alive from the previous war. So many Gundams..it's not my personal vision of war but:
1. I'm not a soldier
2. You're keeping to the tried-and-true formulae for Gundam

No complaints on my end at all. Do keep this up.
ShadowCell

jam! wrote:I just wish the war seemed more tragic though because so many are still alive from the previous war. So many Gundams..it's not my personal vision of war but:
1. I'm not a soldier
2. You're keeping to the tried-and-true formulae for Gundam
Can you explain what you mean by that? I think I'm missing something.
Commissar Bright Noa

Maybe he means because there's so many gundams that you may be secretly working for Bandai to get models sales.
ShadowCell

I wish I was working for Bandai. A steady income flow would be nice.
jam!

It's not intended to be insulting or offending ShadowCell.

All I mean is I have little to no fears of Shinn, Athrun or Emily meeting their demise anytime before the end of the series and likely, not even then. There's a certain removal of tragedy from the writing as a result. I know they'll get the powerful mecha and will definitely own all the enemies they meet even if it takes them a little while.
So, I say the "formulae" because you're keeping the characters interesting while also indefinitely keeping them alive and stronger than most.
I say I'm not a soldier simply because I have the idea that war should be tragic and surviving is totally by chance and has little to do with skill or talent unless we're considering strategy.

I'd just write it differently however that doesn't mean what I'd write would be anymore interesting at all.
ShadowCell

Ah, I see. Well, I don't want to really kill any of those characters while there's still mileage left in their characters (read: while I can still torture them), so instead I try to make up for it by just making them wish they were all dead.
ShadowCell

Urgh. Holidays. Anyway, Phase 20 is up.