Mobile Suit Gundam SEED TWILIGHT

Your own tale of two mecha.
ShadowCell

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED TWILIGHT

whaddya know, a timely update. Phase 42 is up.
Antares

The fanboy in me is pleased. :mrgreen: Time for round two!
Also, I am increasingly impressed by Viveka's tenacity.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Thundermuffin

Yeah, Athrun going apeshit on the Akatsuki was pretty cool.
Nitramy

Hmph, same guy tore into my fanfic too without a helpful word.

Everyone's a critic, I guess.

...and this fic is balls-to-the-wall awesome, by the way.
"No, it is not your lack of experience that is your greatest flaw. It is your disdain. Your defeats will not come from those more brilliant than you. They will come from the patient, the plodding, the mediocre." - Shibumi
ShadowCell

Thanks. I'm approaching the end of this thing and already looking ahead to a) writing the other parts (oh god aaaaaargh) and b) editing. So could you please explain what is awesome, and what is not?
Nitramy

Several months before, I had a post-DESTINY fic planned out, and (even though I didn't like it at first) you seem to have beaten me to the punch in certain aspects.

But it's all good, since you've taken these concepts and ran with them to a degree even I didn't conceive of.
"No, it is not your lack of experience that is your greatest flaw. It is your disdain. Your defeats will not come from those more brilliant than you. They will come from the patient, the plodding, the mediocre." - Shibumi
ShadowCell

What concepts were those?
Nitramy

I already discarded most of the prototype chapters and the like because after rereading the fic's summaries, it turned out to be worse than I thought - something like a bad mix of Gundam X and Victory Gundam with a few Super Robot elements included.
watchtower000

My god....I finally found it! I finally found it! Ok ok I will calm down.

Dude, your fanfiction was the first story of a Gundam Seed Destiny rewrite I ever read and I it was hard to read sometimes because of how dark it was but after reading several other fanfictions on Fanfiction.net, I realized how good your fanfiction was. After yours I keep reading other stories on that site... there were a few that were terrible, but I read them because I have a problem of when I start a series I can't stop until it is done. Seriously the only story ever to beat yours in quality was Gundam Seed Chaotic Cosmos and that was godly but yours was what allowed me to keep reading until I got to that point.

But we are at an impass it seems. I mean it has been years and you have not posted anything for your sequal (execpt here.) This is a damn shame because not only have your fans on fanfiction wondered where the hell you went but now it seems Fanfiction has been taken over by most people who do rewrites of rewrites! (yes I am serious just look at Gundam Seed Serenity) Maybe I am overexagerating on how much it is done...so shoot me. The only way your fans know that you are alive is that your account was updated....months ago. I am worried that you have either given up an posting things for fanfiction or you are going to wait for this seires to be done finished?

Oh and in case you didn't know the only reason i got this account was to tell you all this....yes I am that sad but honestly this was very easy to join and the site it quite streamlined. Very nice!
ShadowCell

First of all, welcome to Mecha Talk. =D

To answer your questions, when I was younger one of my worst problems was a writer was lack of follow-through. I could write the first chapter or two for, like, twenty different stories, but none of them went anywhere, and a couple months later I'd take them down because I hadn't really planned out any further than those first couple chapters. So for my DESTINY fic, I just wrote out everything and posted it here for feedback, and then spent a couple months editing and fixing, and then I posted it on FF.net, since there's a lot more exposure to be had there. And being able to post a new chapter consistently every week probably did wonders for the exposure, and with the exposure came the occasional bit of constructive criticism. So that's what I'm doing here.

Unfortunately, as reading through this thread will indicate, real life has gotten in the way of my writing out this fic, even though I have it pretty well planned out. I have every intention of finishing it, even though it was 2007 that I started this thing, but it's just gonna take some time. I don't like it anymore than you do, because I know I have at least a few fans and I don't want to let them down or make them wait forever. 2009 was not a good year for me, for many reasons that I don't want to get into here, and 2010 hasn't been off to a great start either, but I'm getting close. I apologize for the waits.

I haven't given up on posting things on FF.net--I posted something in the Code Geass section about a year ago--but I don't want to start posting anything until all my writing is done, so that I can update consistently. Fortunately, I've been more productive on the fanfiction front lately, and I'm hoping to get "Red Planet" (which hasn't updated forever) and "TWILIGHT" done within the year.

And, err, I haven't heard of "Seed Serenity." I don't really read a whole lot of fanfiction, especially Cosmic Era fanfiction, for fear of unconsciously aping other people's ideas.

But, glad you like it either way.
ShadowCell

Phase 43 is up.

as the end of this story approaches, I'd appreciate it if you'd inform me of any big, recurring problems or rough patches or things that need to be looked at, that span more than one chapter.
Antares

Ooh, a cliffhanger. More character development this time around, and I approve. Although I am slightly worried that you're setting Athrun up for biting a beam saber. So much angst and now suddenly with a slight possibility of hope in sight would make his death all the more crushing. I hope I am wrong. :)
Thundermuffin

Yeah, I really the feeling something is coming to a head very soon. Compelling as always!
ShadowCell

holy crap this took forever

Phase 03 of "Red Planet" is finally friggin' up. I lost the original version of this chapter a couple of years ago to a hard drive failure and felt discouraged enough to ignore it for, um, like, a year. And a half. Apparently. I'm not totally happy with this chapter, but, eh, we'll see how it goes.
ShadowCell

hblarghl Phase 44
Antares

Oh my oh my. I loved this one. There is the impending sense of doom from all directions, Athrun got payback, and he finally took steps forward. Very, very well done Shadowcell.

The last bit between Athrun and Vivieka I actually leaned in to read. The sense of drama in that one was just right, especially since it wasn't "and all's better now" -moment because it couldn't be. Not yet. But maybe later.

I am unsure if Mara really died, but it is not vital since the Akatsuki and all it symbolizes was dealt with. We also saw a bit of the old Jona there with his trigger-finger itching.

Are you still going to finish this is 50 episodes?
ShadowCell

I am absolutely going to finish this as fifty episodes. I am so close to the end of this thing I could kick it in the nuts.
Thundermuffin

And then you've got another 50 episode sequel planned, if I recall correctly, right?

Does this series wrap up "conclusively" or is there a "midseason timeskip" between this and the next one?

Oh, good chapter, as always. Glad some things finally paid off.
ShadowCell

jhgjahgjhagjha Phase 45 is up, with Phase 04 of "Red Planet" hopefully coming shortly.

oh and belatedly (sorry):
Thundermuffin wrote:And then you've got another 50 episode sequel planned, if I recall correctly, right?

Does this series wrap up "conclusively" or is there a "midseason timeskip" between this and the next one?
yeah, fifty more episodes. I figure I have until 2012 to finish it all, in case the Mayans are right and the world ends and Mel Gibson kills us all.

I kinda don't like timeskips, so unless you count a few days as a timeskip, then no, no timeskips.
Antares

Well, Robinson done gone make Emily berserk. Very Gundam, poor Isaac had a death-flag hoisted on him the minute he thought about giving Emily a hand. Refreshing to see ZAFT mobile suits take the field, though.

Also, I have a rare linguistic comment; in this one you use a lot of the structure "stuffstuffstuff, only to stuffstuffstuff". I totally get what you're doing with that, and I am hard-pressed to think for any alternative expressions to convey similar meaning effectively. This might be something you might want to look at if you have the time and feel you need to diversify the form of expression a little. Nothing major but it somehow stuck to my eye...