Fanfic request from ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty3: Enemy of My Enemy

Your own tale of two mecha.
Destiny_Gundam

Fanfic request from ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty3: Enemy of My Enemy

Yeah, title's not that good again, but it's hard to think of good ones >>. Anywho, this is the last one for Nu-Liberty

--------------------------------------

Lieutenant Michael Parrallax watched the battle unfold in front of him from the cockpit of his Aile Dagger. The Second Battle of Jachin Due. ZAFT had unveiled its giant weapon and wiped out most of the Alliance fleet. Michael knew this wouldn’t last much longer. He weighed his options. Should he continue fighting for the Alliance? This would most likely lead to his demise. Human nature told him this was not the preferred option. Assist ZAFT? Out of the question. He couldn’t turn on his comrades like that. Run? That seemed to be the best option, however Michael couldn’t bring himself to do it. He had no choice. He’d have to keep fighting. Hopefully the past year and a half would raise his chances for survival. His target was obvious. He’d have to take out ZAFTs weapon.

Somehow.

Of course he realized such a feat was far too much for him, but trying was better than doing nothing. He sped towards the super weapon picking off some GINNs along the way. He soon spotted another mobile suit engaging ZAFT. It didn’t give off an Alliance IFF signal though. Michael recognised the suit as the infamous Strike, but it was pink for some reason. Well, it was fighting ZAFT, so it wasn’t his enemy. Probably. He spotted a new GuAIZ unit come up behind the Strike. Michael swooped in and cut it in half with his beam saber. The Strike seemingly turned in surprised and quickly pointed its beam rifle at him. Neither moved for a moment before the Strike lowered its rifle. Michael flipped on his comm channel.

“You EA?” A female voice asked.

“I am Michael Parrallax.” He responded. “What faction do you belong to?”

“I’m Cagalli Yula Athha.” She answered. “I’m from Orb, a member of the Three Ships Alliance.” Michael had indeed heard rumours that the renegade Archangel, a ZAFT vessel and remnants from Orb had teamed up. I guess there was some truth to that. “Thanks for the save earlier. I owe you one I guess.”

“Don’t worry about it.” He said. “Your goal is also to take out that huge weapon correct?” Cagalli nodded. “Then I shall assist you.” Cagalli nodded again.

“Glad to see there are people with some brains in the Alliance.” She remarked. Michael just headed towards GENESIS. “Hey! Wait up Mike!” He cringed a bit at being called Mike, but didn’t bother raising the issue.

ZAFT Lieutenant Werner Schneider shot down several Strike Daggers with his GuAIZ Experimental Firearms type. Some M1 Astrays closed in and he launched his sub flight lifter. The lifter shot down the Astrays before returning. “Geeze, just my luck.” He said. “Tethered to this Nazca like a dog. I’d be long gone by now if it wasn’t for that. Much as I like PLANT, I like living even more.” He shot down another Strike Dagger. “Well, I just need to hold this position until somebody wins.” He glanced at the disabled Nazca. Its crew had abandoned it some time earlier. Thankfully its reactor was still working, allowing his GuAIZ to continue functioning. “Really, just leaving me out here…” He was in a rather obscure location though. Only a handful of grunts would occasionally try to break through. “If I ran into a unique suit, it probably means I’m screwed.” He laughed. He then detected the Dagger and Strike Rouge. “……… Way to jinx yourself Werner…”

“There’s a Nazca up ahead.” Michael said. “But I don’t detect any activity from it…… There’s a mobile suit there though. Looks like a GuAIZ… but I’ve never seen that equipment before…”

“Those are….” Cagalli started.

“What?”

“Those weapons are the same as the Freedom and Justice.” She said. Michael had also heard rumours of the stolen ZAFT super suits.

“Whatever the case,” He said. “We have to defeat it to get through.

“Right! No matter how powerful the weapons, they mean nothing if they don’t hit us!” Cagalli said, flying in.

‘If you just charge in like that you’ll get hit anyways.’ Michael thought but followed her lead anyways.

“Well, this should be fun.” Werner said. “If it’s my time to die, there’s nothing I can do about that, but I’m not going down without a fight!” Werner fired his rail guns, but Michael and Cagalli dodged them. Cagalli pulled out her beam saber, Werner responding in kind. They clashed. Michael used the chance to get behind Werner and fired his machine gun. The rounds did nothing.

“This thing has Phase Shift?” Cagalli said in surprised. Werner kicked her away and swiped at Michael. The Dagger flew back, but the GuAIZ’s saber still managed to chop off its left leg.

“Phase Shift eh…” Michael said, tossing his machine gun. He pulled out his beam saber and engaged Werner. This time Cagalli came up behind him with her beam saber.
“Two versus one is one thing, but attacking me from behind?” Werner said. He launched his flight pack, which rammed Cagalli, knocking her away. “This should even things a bit.” Cagalli blocked with her shield as the lifter fired on her. The GuAIZ’s rail guns unfolded. Michael managed to notice in time and flew back, raising his shield. The rounds hit the shield, blowing it and most of the Dagger’s arm away. “Is that the best you got?”

Michael reviewed the situation. While the leg wasn’t that important, he was at a disadvantage with only one arm. Cagalli was busying trying to shoot down the flight pack and the GuAIZ was untouched with its rail guns, beam rifle, beam sabers, cable….

“Cable?” Michael wondered. He finally noticed the GuAIZ’s power cable that went to the Nazca. He thought up a plan. “Listen up.” He explained it to Cagalli.
“….. Ok, I got it.” She replied. Michael flew at the GuAIZ and latched onto it as best he could with one and a half arms.

“Are you suicidal?” Werner asked. “Get off me!” The GuAIZ shook violently and was able to throw the Dagger off. He pointed his beam rifle at Michael, but detected the Strike Rouge charging at him. “Another back attack? Honestly!” He turned but she just flew right past him. “Huh?” Werner watched after her, surprised. He failed to notice his own flight pack until it hit him. His GuAIZ spun out from the impact and slammed into the Nazca. “Ouch… that hurt… Damn machine!” He turned off the flight pack’s homing mode in anger. He tried to move, but his suit wouldn’t respond. “What the?” He then noticed that when he spun out, he got tangled up in his own power cord. “You’re… you’re kidding right?” He laughed in disbelief. He looked up to see the Strike Rouge and Dagger aiming their beam rifles, Michael having picked up a discarded Strike Dagger’s rifle. They both fired. Werner sighed. “Well done. But don’t let your guard down yet!”

The beams ripped through the GuAIZ and into the Nazca, causing the ship to explode. “We did it!” Cagalli exclaimed.

“Yeah…. Watch out!” Michael knocked Cagalli out of the way as the GuAIZ’s flight pack carried out its last programmed order. It fired its beams, scoring a direct hit on the Dagger.

“Damn you!” Cagalli shot the flight pack, finally destroying it. “Mike! Hey Mike! Answer me!” She called. The reply was silence. “Damn it!” She pounded her controls.

“I’m… not quite dead yet…” Came a weak voice.

“Mike! You’re ok!”

“Barely. The laminated armour took most of it. I’m not in any condition to fight though.” Michael said.

“Alright.” Cagalli sent out a signal and moments later several M1 Astrays arrived. “Take him back to the Kusanagi for medical attention.” She ordered. Two M1s grabbed the Dagger and headed to the ship. “I’ll see you later Mike. I’ll be sure to repay you for saving my ass twice.”

“……….. Just don’t die.” He finally said.

“Don’t worry, I won’t. Have a good rest, the war is over for you.”

Michael nodded. Indeed it was.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Thanks for the last fanfic, Destiny. It was worth the wait, and came out better than I expected. Good work.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Ragormha

I do dislike the fact that the main pilots do seem untouchable until they come up against other name pilots. But I'm guilty of a similar thing and it is basically Gundam tradition, so I guess that's O-K, in fact good as it is in keeper with the tradition.

All in all it was a good piece of work.

...BTW what is that "good. bad." line from in your sig?
"I don't CARE if the mechanaught can't handle it, I want Wings of Light, the few seconds it'd last and the pilot mortality would be worth it." -me, eXteel closed beta.
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Thanks for the comment, Ragormha. And to answer your question, my sig is a line from the Sam Raimi movie Army of Darkness.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Destiny_Gundam

Ragormha wrote:I do dislike the fact that the main pilots do seem untouchable until they come up against other name pilots. But I'm guilty of a similar thing and it is basically Gundam tradition, so I guess that's O-K, in fact good as it is in keeper with the tradition.
Plus, this -is- SEED we're talking about here.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Ragormha

Yeah, I know, but it doesn't only happen in SEED, it is a Gundam tradition as a whole that tends to extend to UC, and AW as well, some AC machines too.
"I don't CARE if the mechanaught can't handle it, I want Wings of Light, the few seconds it'd last and the pilot mortality would be worth it." -me, eXteel closed beta.