New fanfic: Gundam Seed Phoenix

Your own tale of two mecha.
Antares

To lordyu:The way I see it the AF got the brunt for the blame for the first war in SEED, they recovered pretty well, and then came the second war in which AF was rather strongly aligned with LOGOS as I understood it. Djibril and his lot had the brunt of the best at their disposal, and the wasted it, all of it. The spacefleet itself was in shambles, as you quite correctly pointed out after the war. The AF was powerful still no doubt, but I gathered their populations, assuming as I did that the AF was a democratic regime, were sick and tired of war and wanted something else.
And, I might add that the minimal damage caused by the fall of Junius 7 and its quick dismissal afterwards was one of the major consistency problems of GSD. I will adress this issue a bit more in later episodes, and give some serious consequences of getting smacked by a rather large asteroid. I don't want give out spoilers much, but regarding your hope that the EDF will break at the seams, you might get it. :wink: Thank you for your kind words.

To Ravager:
No, the UPA Treaty limited the amount of a standing MS army. They could have MS (and MA), but within certain limitations and no Gundam-class mobile suits at all. The same applies to their spacefleet: they're allowed to have it but they are for the time being restircted to Earth and its immediate surroundings. Think of it as the CE equivalent for the treaty of Versailles against Germany after WWI. For many countries (including the AF) the treaty also worked as an excuse for transferring funds from the military to infrastructure.
Furthermore the Defense Platforms were a clever way to circumvent some of the clauses of the treaty and get some additional protection. In the same way that the PLANT PRISM is not exactly illegal, but it certainly goes against the spirit of the treaty (which also says NO SUPERPOWER BEAM WEAPONS!!!). :P
EDIT: I will summarize that treaty properly in the Q&A for a fitting episode. I might even put it back among the older stuff, where it would be more useful. :)
Last edited by Antares on Sun May 06, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Ravager

So that's the full extent of THAT clause. I never fully read that part.

Anyways, after being busy for the whole week, i think i should get back on track and start Episode 21 soon.
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
Ravager

Episode 22-25 comments:

- I'm perplexed by the Ghost test. Why does it take so long to test out the Ghost? Especially when it uses existing technologies. I find it weird that its battery can't cope with the MC and thrusters at the same time when a 1st-generation MS like the Blitz never showed teething problems with its own MC and thrusters. Besides, the Blitz had a beam rifle and saber to power up while the Ghost only has a single saber. I would imagine 2nd Generation mobile suits to have a significantly better battery than this unstable core.

- I thought the Extended program was busted after the Lodonia Lab Incident (even with the new lab, they couldn't have survived LOGOS falling) . The fanfic says they executed the children, but i recall that something went wrong in the lab and the children rebelled and they had to put down the rebellion and abandon the lab. How come there are more Extendeds and new Extended tech at the EDF? LOGOS and Blue Cosmos, the primary backers of the program were also devastated, so i see no possible way to bring back the Extendeds. What kind of name is Shani? (I know it's weird, but Viktor implies Russian origins, and never heard of any Russian named Shani)

- I'm shuddering with anticipation on the future attack on Orb by Deux and Locke. That scene of them discussing their plans is so cool!

- I love the Guard #1 and #2 scenes. Hope to see more of them in the future :lol:

- VERY impressive debut of the Fury. I was amused by the scene of Yzak doing the grunt reaction "It's f-fast!" :P I do find it strange that the Fury's Palma Fiocinas, although "Secunda", implying they are better than the originals, could not obliterate whole parts of the Hades (or even the whole thing itself), instead just denting it's armor into smouldering pieces. That is very strange, considering in GSD, the original PFs used by Destiny could easily core through Destroys' thick armor.

- * Waiting with bated breath on the final secretly built ZAFT Gundam after watching the Fury*

- My my, from what is seen of the Hades, it is proving to be the Methuss of this story. I'm wondering, how can it always get repaired? Organizations like the Hammer of ZAFT rarely have the resources to overhaul suits like the Hades without a total drain on their resources. Not to mention Gundam mobile suits' Phase Shift components and those Scorpion Tails are very rarely found.

- It seems i've grown to enjoy Voltaire more and more. He's got some real witty lines :wink:
Daelon: [interrupts] Just out of curiosity, why is that?

Gouda: [confused] What?

Daelon: That we construct mobile suits that have more power capability than say a whole battle cruiser. Have we completely overlooked traditional equipment? It seems that the capabilities of our capital ships to take down mobile suits are very low.

[Gouda looks at Camembert, dumbfounded, never expecting a question like this.]

Camembert: [shrugs] A mobile suit, especially a GUNDAM, just looks so much cooler. And the little kiddies can buy models of the things. Nobody wants an ugly regular ship.

[Gouda nods, agreeing knowingly.]

Daelon: So, excuse me again gentlemen, we have a mobile suit that can deflect beams with its beam shield, but our battleships, which have hundred times the crew, have not seen any serious developments in that direction?

[Again the two, a scientist and an engineer share a bewildered look.]

Gouda: Is it because normal ships are boring and ugly?

Camembert: Or because mobile suits that reflect beam weapons and hack battleships to pieces are way cooler?

Daelon: [confused, but wants to get on with it] Okay. You guys clearly know your stuff. Let’s continue.

[The camera drifts away from the ship, only the audio of the men can be heard in fragments over the rumble of the ship, growing more and more indistinct.]

Camembert: …reflexes like a cobra, striking down enemies. One man could wipe out all life…

Gouda: …a cannon that could destroy a planet with one shot. Now, you may laugh, but I think it is the logical next thing we should mount on a mobile suit. I would call it…
Dude, one of the best conversations :lol:

- Sanders' conversion to good. A surprising but good moment.

- Like Colonel Styx. He's got potential there.

Sorry if this post sounds mostly non-sensical. I had 4 hours' sleep, got up for rock-climbing, then read through Episode 22-25 in an entire afternoon. I am half-asleep right now.
Last edited by Ravager on Wed May 09, 2007 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
Antares

The GHOST, like all other prototype hardware, slightly problematic. They had tested the suit in lab and in Orb. For space tests something went apparently wrong.

The EXTENDED deal is as follows: Shani Andras, the pilot of the FORBIDDEN, has a little brother on the EXTENDED-program as well. This is Viktor. As to their ethnicity, I put them in eastern Europe where Viktor/Andras is usually, and I could see a Shani in there too (as a girl though). :P Those children that rebelled were executed, we are talking about the same instance. If there were additional labs, same fate. However, since Viktor was a busted model he was off somewhere getting wires attached to his brain to see what was wrong, and it is very probable (okay, I am telling you this is what happened) that at the same lab was poor Mahadi Quell, getting pumped for blood and other expendable bodyparts. When the dookie hit the fan and everyone split, seems they forgot about these two because they were obviously damaged goods. Then someone found them and realized they could slip under the radar and still be useful tools. LOGOS and BC indeed were the primary backers, but you already know some of the main extreme EDF officers have had ties to that organization... or does that come later? I forget. :D

You might remove that spoiler in case people haven't read that far yet. It's like "L dies". :wink:

You will definitely see more comic relief. There is no way on this Earth that I could tackle a series like Gundam with a straight face all the time. I am glad you like them, Thundermuffin has set the bar for Gundam-parody unreasonably high. :P
I do find it strange that the Fury's Palma Fiocinas, although "Secunda", implying they are better than the originals, could not obliterate whole parts of the Hades (or even the whole thing itself), instead just denting it's armor into smouldering pieces. That is very strange, considering in GSD, the original PFs used by Destiny could easily core through Destroys' thick armor.
It was that good? :shock: I smell a retcon coming. Maybe the FURY will just sucker-punch the HADES. Or maybe it didn't hit properly. Or something. I should definitely re-watch Destiny some time soon, but it's just so bad that I don't wanna. :twisted:
The Hades is definitely out of luck pretty much constantly. I swear it is not consciously intentional, Nina just gets shafted one way or another no matter where the plot goes. I'll try to make it up for her if I can.

Thanks for your kind words about my cast. :) Voltaire and Styx are among my favorite new characters (they're not kids!!!), and I do try to give them enough space. Sanders' conversion was a tough call to make, but it will make more and more sense toward the end, I think. Sometimes it takes time for you to realize something. Thanks for such a long post, when you give so many comments, I have to make the effort of responding accordingly. Keeps me from getting lazy.
Ravager

Thanks for providing the background story for the Extended duo. Now you see how important having these sourcebooks like mine are eh? :)
You might remove that spoiler in case people haven't read that far yet. It's like "L dies". Wink
Oh sorry, i thought it was very obvious that a main character won't die like that.
It was that good? Shocked
Yeah, it was. The original PFs definitely had their beams core through the whole thickness of the Destroys' torsos. Just watch the Operation Ragnarok and Battle of Daedalus episodes (Phases-38 and 43,44 and 45)

It's ok if the Hades gets the shaft. It is, afterall a pseudo-Gundam, in the words of one of the characters (i think it's Kildare who said that). You still haven't answered how the Hammer of ZAFT, lacking in resources, could get exotic parts like Phase Shift components to repair their damaged Gundam. I very much doubt Kildare's ship has plenty of those parts, seeing as they saw the Duel as a golden windfall.
Thanks for your kind words about my cast. Smile Voltaire and Styx are among my favorite new characters (they're not kids!!!), and I do try to give them enough space. Sanders' conversion was a tough call to make, but it will make more and more sense toward the end, I think. Sometimes it takes time for you to realize something. Thanks for such a long post, when you give so many comments, I have to make the effort of responding accordingly. Keeps me from getting lazy.
That's because i went through secondary school reading hard sci-fi Mechwarrior/ Battletech novels where there are a lot of these characters. Something Western characters enjoy is that they could have a really badass attitude, curse like an adult, have a genius brain and actually orchestrate battles with effective tactics and strategies while anime usually don't depict the characters thinking about strategy and tactics so that the good guys get to kick the bad guys butts anytime. I highly recommend the MW:DA and Battletech novels if you're both a sci-fi nut, enjoy very deep storylines and giant robot mayhem. Sanders' conversion is believable to me because i'm always a sucker to villains who repent. I reeeeeeeeeally love the theme of redemption.

And you're welcome. I like giving feedback. That's an audience's duty :P
Ravager

Episode 26 comments:

- You know, there's no need to make the Astray+Shrikes wear special sensor equipment when Orb has the Murasame AWACS to do scout duty.

- Is the Phoenix Gundam the name of that other Gundam Daelon uncovered? Where is Mave in that last part of Scene 4?
Antares

Oh sorry, i thought it was very obvious that a main character won't die like that.
Well I won't comment anything on that point. :P
Is the Phoenix Gundam the name of that other Gundam Daelon uncovered? Where is Mave in that last part of Scene 4?
Or about that. We're not told who that unkown pilot is, after all. :twisted:
You know, there's no need to make the Astray+Shrikes wear special sensor equipment when Orb has the Murasame AWACS to do scout duty.
You're right there. I'll go back and change it because there is no need for it to be a Shrike.
ou still haven't answered how the Hammer of ZAFT, lacking in resources, could get exotic parts like Phase Shift components to repair their damaged Gundam. I very much doubt Kildare's ship has plenty of those parts, seeing as they saw the Duel as a golden windfall.
The lab that Kildare has (the asteroid base) in addition to her lab-ship GRIFFIN were both reasonably well set up when the Hammer started its rebellion. If I recall correctly (and I out of all people should) Kildare started preparing for a long exile even when the battle for PLANT was still on in the OVA. She had the facilities to manufacture parts to a certain extent, but what she did not have as much was basic parts and resources. Hence the attack on THANATOS and EROS. The Duel was golden windfall also because Kildare is a total sucker for Gundams and loves to tinker with them. The HADES was pushed out too early, as you recall, and Kildare washed her hands off it immediately because she didn't think it was ready (hence her comments about a pseudo-Gundam).

Now that you've reached the current final episode, you'll have to wait for a while until ep 27. This is the last week of school for me and I want to make sure my papers due in are in proper condition. I can't wait to get back on the horse writing new episodes, because even while doing papers I have always written down ideas for coming episodes. 8)
Ravager

The lab that Kildare has (the asteroid base) in addition to her lab-ship GRIFFIN were both reasonably well set up when the Hammer started its rebellion. If I recall correctly (and I out of all people should) Kildare started preparing for a long exile even when the battle for PLANT was still on in the OVA. She had the facilities to manufacture parts to a certain extent, but what she did not have as much was basic parts and resources. Hence the attack on THANATOS and EROS. The Duel was golden windfall also because Kildare is a total sucker for Gundams and loves to tinker with them. The HADES was pushed out too early, as you recall, and Kildare washed her hands off it immediately because she didn't think it was ready (hence her comments about a pseudo-Gundam).
I see, that's a nice explanation. A resource raid to facilitate production. Good thing the Hammer can't produce grunt suits.
Now that you've reached the current final episode, you'll have to wait for a while until ep 27. This is the last week of school for me and I want to make sure my papers due in are in proper condition. I can't wait to get back on the horse writing new episodes, because even while doing papers I have always written down ideas for coming episodes. Cool
Sure thing. Hope it's soon though. After finishing up (currently) on your fanfic, i'll go back to work on my own. First up, go check the timeline for CE 0072 and CE 0073 for new information (i've included the updates in the EDIT section). That's currently the most i can do. And sorry for the "advertising" on your thread.
Antares

Good thing the Hammer can't produce grunt suits.
Yes that is the biggest problem the Hammer has; the facilities of production they have are nowhere near enough to keep their fleet in top condition. Every battle against UPA or ZAFT wears them down slowly but surely. Some officers might feel that the current stance of "wait and see" set by LeCavalier is ultimately dooming their rebellion to die out due to lack of material. Even the raid on the twin colonies would have been a costly venture if it had succeeded completely, but with the emergence of FURY the Hammer took a serious beating, having less and less of a chance to mount a serious offensive.

Advertising your own fic on my thread is quite okay when you comment on my fic as much as you do. :wink:
Ravager

Well, the way things are going for the Hammer, i think they now look identical to some minor insurgent group like the 2nd Neo Zeon instead of a full-blown faction like the Titans division.
Antares

And bumping with an update!
Episode 27 - Convergence is now up and available with Q&A and the usual stuff.

Comic(?) excerpt:
[The camera jumps ahead of him, and inside the colony, and to a room with medical supplies. In the room, Hel is sitting on a chair and a female doctor is carefully peeling the bandages from her face. She is sweating under the glare Hel is giving her at point-blank range. On the other hand, it does little to soothe her either that Janus is behind her sitting on a stretcher, and has a scalpel in his hand. The two guards that survived THANATOS colony have been reassigned to the ungrateful duty of keeping the twins under observation. They are doing this from the doorway, albeit on the inside, guns well and away from their hands. They first considered keeping their guns trained at the two at all times, but then realized it wouldn’t do them much good and besides, their arms would get tired.]
Guard#1: [whispers] The second I hear that little freak give the tiniest of screams, I’m so gonna run outta here.
Guard#2: [wipes cold sweat from his brow] If we’re lucky they’ll take their time dissecting the doc so we might actually make it.
Guard#1: [gives his comrade a despairing look, whispering fiercely] Why did you have to go and jinx it?!
[Back inside the room, the doctor is shaking a bit. She is taking off the final bandages, and she can see the wounds have not closed at all. They are not bleeding, but the scar-tissue seems very prominent and ragged. Hel keeps on staring at her, the other eye still bulging out a bit. The camera shows the division of her face into somewhat grotesque, broken and grey scarred skin on the right and a strikingly beautiful, nearly ethereally so left side of her face. ]
Doctor: [shaking, stammering] I, uh, I well, the nanoskin didn’t seem to take. There seems to be signs of cellular rejection. [tries to think of something to say] Well at least your arm has healed nice.. erm, well, better.
[The right hand is not scarred, but the skin has the same grey hue as the right side of Hel’s face. The arm seems gaunter as well, but it moves with grace. As the doctor is holding the hand to check for its functionality, Hel suddenly sharply inhales and Janus snaps his eyes at the doctor. The doctor nearly springs away with a yelp and from the direction of the doorway comes a crashing sound which can be caused by two people desperately trying to fit through a regular doorway at the same time. After a second Janus lowers his head, looks at Hel who shakes her head continuing to sit still. The doctor looks about her, and clears her throat.]
Doctor: Well, erm, for the time being I may have a temporary solution for you.
[She reaches to cabinet and takes out a small box. Hel’s eyes actually leave her and turn to the box. The doctor takes out a box, and inside is a white mask of some sort. Hel looks at the doctor again, who is smiling encouragingly, yet extremely nervously.]
And a cliffhangeresque additional excerpt:
[The camera jumps away again, this time sinking down through the floor of the corridor and cutting seamlessly into another space, which turns out to be the hangar of the DAMOCLES, because quite quickly the ICARUS comes into view. The damaged INFERNO has been bolted to the wall and floor to keep it out of the way. The ICARUS is surrounded by the faceless mobile suits they loaded up in the Sanctuary. Totally excluded is the ECLIPSE, still in its struts, but with a peculiar, presumably underwater attack platform in front of it. At the main entrance of the hangar, a group of people have gathered. Locke stands out starkly in his black new uniform with golden decorations, as well as a straight sword tied to his sash, resting on his hip. He is holding Chiiro’s face delicately in his hand as they gaze into each others eyes. Dei, also suited up with a new black-and-blue flight suit with his helmet drooping from his right hand, feels visibly uncomfortable. Only a few other pilots are present, and Viktor is standing behind Chiiro, looking at the ceiling, in his very own world. Locke let’s Chiiro’s chin go and stands back.]
Locke: [softly] You know what to do?
Chiiro: [whispering] I will be your shield.
[Locke turns to Dei in the same solemn atmosphere, but doesn’t get a word out before Viktor grabs Chiiro’s belt and lets out a whine. The boy flinched only minimally when Chiiro pulls him straighter, puts the headphones (new ones) a bit better into his ears so they don’t press against the earlobe, and tousles his hair. Viktor seems confused, apparently not knowing what emotion he should display. Dei is completely transfixed with the whole scene that he snaps out of it only when Locke clears his throat.]
Locke: [less friendlily] And you. You do understand what you need to do as well?
[Dei pushes his chest out, trying to look what he thinks a brave, fearless warrior should look like. He is not fooling anyone.]
Dei: [deflating] Yes, sir.
Locke: Captain Vries is still bit incoherent. He seems to suggest that you are a technician of some sort. But you managed to pilot a mobile suit twice before, so you should be able to do it again. You are already familiar with this GUNDAM, and I have few other options.
[Locke looks pointedly at Viktor who is again out of it and Chiiro is watching him with some fondness. Locke frowns when he sees this, not liking it. In his book Extended pilots are, although Naturals, still humans refined past the point his philosophy allows. Dei notes the glance and draws his own conclusions from it once again, completely understanding that Locke tolerates Mahadi because he is useful, and Viktor only because Chiiro has taken such a liking to him, and by that extension what it would probably mean for himself if Locke found out he was a Coordinator. Locke turns back to Dei.]
Locke: Stick to the plan, and avoid detection. Your success will be our success.
Dei: I understand.
[Locke salutes him, and turns to the other pilots, offering each a brief word, a warm, solid eye contact and handshake. These pilots are clearly old school EA, and they wear their old flight suits with pride. Dei waits for this to end, and turns to his own mobile suit, watching it, feeling dwarfed. Dei eyes the underwater equipment with suspicion and shivers. To a Coordinator, the depths of the sea may be more frightening than the vastness of space. Although the CRESCENT PANZER should work similarly to the shields of the TRITON, already out and about, Dei cannot shrug a feeling of unease, simply because his piloting experience is so limited. He suppresses a sigh, and looks around him, once more lamenting the situation he is stuck in. The other pilots are already going to their machines, and Chiiro takes Viktor outside the hangar, leading him by hand. Then the doors close with a soft sigh, and the hangar is sealed. Chiiro dons her helmet, and gives just a sidelong glance to Dei, before moving to the ICARUS. Dei puts on his own helmet and moves to the foot of the ECLIPSE, looking up once more.]
A lot going on in this episode in different places. Try to keep up. Setting up for a battle royale again as well, so wait for that. :wink:
Ravager

Depending on availability of parts, before i go into Episode 27, i think i can build an Inferno Gundam model. Good for you?
Antares

Depending on availability of parts, before i go into Episode 27, i think i can build an Inferno Gundam model. Good for you?
You mean you want to build a model of the Inferno for yourself? Please go right ahead, that would really be something different. And it is also very flattering to think my fanfic has inspired you to do something like that. :)
Ravager

Well, it's very unique in that i've never saw a Gundam with flamers, that's why it got me attracted. I'll also try my hand on the Eclipse too, since i've got an unopened Forbidden model
Antares

Episode 28 - The Day of Orb has been released to an unsuspecting readership! With Q&A and new mecha profiles for me to put out as requests for fanart once again! :wink: The episode is rather long as it is a battle-narrative, but I sneaked in a funny scene (or what I consider to be funny) in there as well. But the exceprt here is all business:
[The new scene fades back in, going over to the cliff-hanger ending of the previous episode. The scene starts, slightly rewound, before DAMOCLES breaches the surface or the KRAKEN launches. The camera starts with the DAMOCLES, rising up rapidly, bow raised up and gun turrets deploying out as the colour of the water gets lighter the closer the ship gets to the surface. The camera speeds to the surface and to the sky, showing the flying multitude of Orb mobile suits. The camera jumps into the cockpit of a leading Murasame transformable mobile suit in fighter mode. His instruments are starting give warnings, and he can as much see the growing shadow of the DAMOCLES underwater.]
Captain: Attention all mobile suits, the enemy is about to breach. Be prepared for instant evasive manoeuvres and counterattack!
Pilot#1: [hesitantly] Captain, shouldn’t we first ascertain who they are?
Captain: [brusquely] Lady Athha has ordered this intercept! The contact can only be hostile. So do not hesitate for one moment!
[The camera cuts away, following the captain’s brief admiring gaze at the group of mobile suits flying for the main fleet, centred on STRIKE CRIMSON. The heavy escort of the Titan Wing ENFORCERs in heavy armaments is still almost halfway to the main fleet. In her controls Cagalli looks grim and stern, and very resolute. The camera pans to the side from them and to an empty expanse of water. The camera jerks into a dive to the area and further below the surface. And camera sinks slowly and suddenly yet predictably finds yet another dark hull of a ship. As the hull glides past, hatches on its back open with a barely audible clank, and the camera moves inside the tubes in the middle of a cloud of bubbles, showing the ominous metallic tubes containing immense destructive power. The camera jerks back as if spooked, and a propeller rumbles above the camera very fast indeed. The camera zooms after the dot in the water, showing ECLIPSE GUNDAM being basically dragged by a curious looking underwater propulsion platform. On top of the platform stands the TRITON, beam trident deactivated but in hand. The platform does one more roundabout arch, and then accelerates even more and charges ahead like a harpoon. Split screen, inside their respective cockpits in their flight suits, Dei is shivering as the whole mobile suit shakes, and Mahadi is completely expressionless. The camera cuts now to a different split screen, of Locke and Deux both drawing out their swords, drawing in breath sharply, holding it, and then screaming in unison.]
Locke & Duex: Fire!
[The split screen ends. The DAMOCLES bursts to the surface of the water, GOTTFRIED guns blazing beam after beam and water cascading from the hull. Several pumps throw water back in wide arches, and the elevator brings up the ICARUS, glistening in the afternoon sun combined with the droplets of water filling the air, making a grand entrance. The behemoth is holding a beam rifle as long as it is, and levels it towards the Orb mobile suits. The spray of water is quickly vaporized by the beam cannons in front firing. The CIWS turrets deploy and turn toward the enemy. The camera cuts to the KRAKEN, still underwater and the rumbling of the missiles clearing their tubes, breaching the surface and quickly reaching their apex, extending their wings and levelling their flight, straight for Orb.]
---
[The camera cuts this time to the DAMOCLES, where the ICARUS is stepping around the deck, firing away, downing another Murasame, which manages to limp for a crash landing on one of the carriers, though. Chiiro notes that the top hatch elevator starts to descend quickly and grins. The DAMOCLES fires a massive volley of missiles at the Orb mobile suits. The camera goes down to the hangar deck, where the elevator stops. Also, the linear catapult directed at the back of the ship also activates. A few WINDAM units step to the catapult, the pilots intent but also a bit nervous. One of them turns to the elevator platform, upon which a good dozen of the faceless mobile suits are settling on, and the elevator jerks under the weight as it starts to lift them. The first WINDAM steps to the catapult and launches out, flying first away from the ship and then flying in a wide arch back toward it. The camera moves to Locke, on the bridge.]
Locke: I think we’re done playing around. When the OMEGAs launch, all ahead full. Let’s take this fight to them. [flips a radio channel] Chiiro! Leave the gun and engage the enemy!
[Chiiro’s face blinks to the screen.]
Chiiro: Roger that, engaging enemy!
[On the deck the ICARUS casually drops the beam gun and its boosters give a few testing spurts before giving enough blast for the ICARUS to gain altitude. From this the camera cuts over to Cagalli, who has stopped to see the missiles fly. She is torn, but after a second of internal conflict she sets her eyes on the main Orb fleet. She opens a channel to her escort.]
Cagalli: Help the ARCHANGEL to intercept those missiles! Not one may touch Orb soil!
Titan Wing pilot: Lady Athha, we’re your personal guard, we cannot…
Cagalli: [forcefully] Is that understood?
Titan Wing pilot: [admonished] Yes ma’am!
[Cagalli nods, and unceremoniously blasts for the fleet, and her escort is left for a moment completely dumbfounded.]
Titan Wing pilot: She is a bit off. What does she think she can do?
Murasame pilot: She is attacking the enemy with the fleet. What she isn’t doing is attacking cruise missiles with nuclear payload.
Titan Wing pilot: Point taken.
[Cagalli notes with a brief smile that the combination of her Orb guard and Athrun’s Titan Wing turn and do as they are told quite fast after all. The Murasame transform into their jet mode and blast off at full speed with the heavier Titan Wing ENFORCERs following suit at their own best pace. With them on their way, Cagalli allows herself a brief moment enjoying the feel of controlling a mobile suit once again. The camera moves outside the mobile suit as STRIKE CRIMSON flies for the fleet.]
Orb never gets a lucky break. They have incoming once again.
Ravager

You know... i got so hooked on Phoenix that reading through the first 26 Eps doubled my astigmatism and caused me major headaches. God! I definitely have to manage my reading time...
Antares

You know... i got so hooked on Phoenix that reading through the first 26 Eps doubled my astigmatism and caused me major headaches. God! I definitely have to manage my reading time...
Whoa, I'm sorry dude. Is it the layout of the text or its size? I don't want you to get migraines just for reading this stuff. No other person aside for myself should suffer. And I know I'm being cruel not to post on regular intervals especially if I got GSP-junkies out there. Hang in there!
Ravager

It's ok now. I got new lenses for my glasses, so it's back to normal. I just need to watch out for overuse of the computer monitor to prevent the occasional headache.
Antares

Bumpy!
Episode 29 - The Call Of The Deep is uppity up-up-up! Go check it. Q&A included. The battle for Orb('s annihilation) continues.
Excerpt goodness:
Another Murasame sends one of the few remaining OMEGA DAGGERs to the sea, trailing smoke and fire but is hard-pressed to move its shield to block the beam fire coming from a WINDAM eagerly (and desperately) out to get Cagalli’s head. Several of the Murasames move to form a wall of mobile suits between the battling GUNDAMs and the WINDAM, the captain of the Murasame squad taking the point. The WINDAM pilot blinks, but doesn’t flinch. He knows he is facing an unbeatable enemy formation, but he finds enough strength in his conviction to charge in regardless. The captain of the Murasame squad gives an exasperated sigh.]
Murasame captain: Confusing suicide with bravery is overrated.
[The WINDAM wades in, and the Murasames summarily cut it down, the pilot screaming in the controls, trying to fight them off to the last. This display gets Chiiro’s blood boiling even hotter. Again the Hammer crashes down and the CRIMSON drops away to avoid getting hit. The general energy levels of the ICARUS are starting to be rather low due to continuous discharging of the weapons. Taking some distance, the CRIMSON switches the beam saber to the beam rifle, and surprises Chiiro by clipping a sizzling, melting piece off the her Aile pack. Chiiro responds by sending the glaive out again, but it is stopped by the beam shield, as is the high energy beam fired from the mouth of the behemoth.]
Cagalli: [again to the open channel] Your false cause will end here today!
[Chiiro hisses again, her eyes narrowing. The mobile suit draws back its arm with the hammer while maintaining the stream of beam fire on the shield, blocking Cagalli’s field of vision. The ICARUS throws its huge hammer, overarm, at the CRIMSON. Several Murasame pilots gasp as the hammer connects, Cagalli’s screech loud on the open channel. STRIKE CRIMSON’s right side has buckled in, and the right hand doesn’t seem to be working very well, dropping the beam rifle into the sea after the hammer. The CRIMSON’s beam shield flutters, and the ICARUS fires a blast from the beam cannons on the Aile pack, nearly blasting the shield out of the CRIMSON’s hands. The ICARUS flies in for the CRIMSON and several Murasames detach to help but are blasted aside by the ICARUS.]
Chiiro: [now also on open channel] How.. how dare you? You, of all people, spit on our cause?! You are a traitor to your own kind!
Cagalli:[struggling at the controls] My country has suffered at the hands of your kind twice, I will not let there be a third time!
Chiiro: [gives a short, manic laugh] You have brought this upon yourself! Why should you protect something that is worthless?! [screaming out the last word]
[The ICARUS crashes into the CRIMSON before Cagalli can get the disabled arm to move and get out a beam saber. The ICARUS seems intent on using brute force only, as if Chiiro is manifesting her desire to rip Cagalli limb for limb through her mobile suit. The ICARUS grabs the broken right arm of the CRIMSON and twists it, the metal crunching and breaking, the arm pointing grotesquely to an unnatural (as far as it applies to mobile suits) angle. The CRIMSON fires its four CIWS guns to no effect.]
Cagalli: My father died protecting this country. It is not worthless!
Chiiro: Your father died willingly, and by choice! [shrilly] Who asked my son if he wanted to die meaninglessly for your war?!
[Cagalli is taken aback by this; Chiiro’s pain, insanity and the cold question embedded in her words are like a verbal sledgehammer. The eyes of the ICARUS flash and the huge mobile suit pushes the beam shield to the side with its right hand and puts its left arm against the torso of the CRIMSON. Underneath the shield mounted on that arm is the beam glaive. A Murasame shoots a missile at the back of the ICARUS, scoring a hit but Chiiro doesn’t flinch.]
Chiiro: [reached a calm spot beyond the rapids of insanity] It is natural for children to bury their parents. Me burying my only child after I lost his father too in your wars is not. Now die.
[Cagalli’s eyes close for a second and she goes into her SEED mode.]
Cagalli: [softly] I am sorry.
[Chiiro’s jaw drops and her hands on her controls stop.]
Cagalli: I don’t think anyone ever apologized to you for what you have had to suffer. But your hate is both misplaced and the only thing you live for. A person like that cannot defeat me.
[Cagalli strains at the controls and with the groan of metal drags the beam shield in front of the beam glaive just before it can launch again.]
Cagalli: [softly again] I am sorry.
[The Vulcan guns on the head of the CRIMSON drill a row of holes into the head of the ICARUS, and several sensors and cameras in Chiiro’s cockpit lose their focus or image altogether. The STRIKE CRIMSON rams the chest of the ICARUS and deploys the beam shield in that closed space again, the deployment blasting the ICARUS back, its chest smoking from the contact. A Murasame flies past and scores a hit on the ICARUS’ left shoulder. And a second follows in, hitting the shield itself with such force that the glaive doesn’t retract anymore and its beam edge dies. The energy readings in Chiiro’s cockpit are approaching critical.]
Chiiro: [whimpering] It’s a lie. It’s all lies! I hate you!
Episode 30 coming soon(ish). I think. :P
lordyu

i think that Chiiros exchange with Cagalli could have been much stronger. You made her argument to weak and making Cagalli look she had justice on her side. The AF invaded once.

You need to make the EDF arguments stronger and their is a lot of argument that can be used against orb and there allies. I think that the EDF group need more work. its to easy for there enemies. My is is that in return for reforming the AF the former AF nation should give sander there support. as the EDF is not doing anything for them.

I am a big AF fan and they have been wronged to much. Even as the bad guy they get no respect.