New fanfic: Gundam Seed Phoenix

Your own tale of two mecha.
Antares

Dude, Anaheim? That's a little too direct from UC huh?
Purposefully so. :D
The Geschmeidig Panzer system is found on the Forbidden, not the Calamity as stated in Episode 12, scenes 3-4's appendix.
Damn. Thanks, noted, fixed. :) The new system mounted on the Eclipse can even handle positron beams but only to distort their path, not nullify them. Inferno's beam bazooka is indeed a remodel of the Providence's riflle, well spotted.
Can you explain the Deuterion reactors and unavailability of N-Jammer Cancellers for the Eclipse and Inferno? Because the Deuterion reactors would certainly run on nuclear sources and i have no idea N-JCs can produce heat at all
For my the N-JC is not minor piece of equipment so it needs to be fitted into the systems of a Gundam and there is a lot new hardware in the Eclipse and Inferno so there would be no room. The N-JC would be another piece that would be affected by the heat, since the particle accelerators are real MS-mounted toasters (especially the Hellfire, understandably). So it was simply a case of not trying to get everything crammed in.
So Adukav-Mechano Industries survived the LOGOS purge? Ahh, i'll have to adjust my profiles accordingly.
Well, some of them lived. And the industrial complex was too important to dismantle. Again someone is pulling the levers behind the scenes, it seems.
Could you provide details of the UPA Treaty with the other nations? Such as clauses? I thought manufacturing positron blasters were normal stuff
Positron blasters and Mirage Colloid are still reserved for capital/special ships, they are not regular fleet tech. You raise a good point about the treaty though. There is a sketch of it and the rest inside my head. Maybe I ought to write it up properly. The UPA has a three-way treaty with Orb, EDF and PLANT. Orb is allowed more leeway because they are the "martyrs" of the last two wars. Their are also the major contractor for UPA hardware, which also has economic significance given the amount of destruction on Earth in general after Break of the World and the Second Bloody Valentine War.
The main clauses stipulate the sizes of space fleets and MS production, including more powerful prototypes (i.e. Gundams). The UPA has designated itself as the only legitimite authority to have those weapons. This follows the idea that the less people have weapons, the less incentive they have to use them. Athrun is trying to keep UPA as a pre-emptive peacekeeper, but as you can see it hasn't gone according to plan. PLANT and EDF understandably view this hording of big guns as an attempt to monopolize heavy arms, and have developed secret programs.

And the reason why positron guns and similar are restricted are due to the (gamma) radiation they cause when fired. Think of them as weapons of mass destruction, and therefore the UPA considered they have to be regulated or it would lead to a new arms race. Some techs previously outlawed (like Mirage Colloid) have been allowed in limited fashion because ZAFT lobbied vehemently for Colloid particle research (seen in Eclipse and Inferno).
The idea of a giant beam ramming weapon, now that's original Cool But anti-mobile suit railguns though...not sure if that'll work, because even GINNs have been depicted as easily avoiding railgun shots unless it's the Freedom's railguns.
Yeah that is.. different. :D The railguns are to provide with a stronger defence against enemy MS. The regular Igelstellung guns just don't seem to cut it. The new railguns are rapid-fire models. Give them a chance to prove themselves. :wink: In general my main point was to give better anti-MS armaments to larger ships, so they wouldn't be complete Gundam-fodder. Time will tell how well that works.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Ravager

Inferno's beam bazooka is indeed a remodel of the Providence's riflle, well spotted.
Can't help it. The reason i got into Gundam SEED mecha more than other UC mecha was all those cool weapon names. In fact, back then i had plenty of time to kill so i sorta memorized most of the names. From what i can tell, the Inferno sure sounds like the Physalis of the CE.

At least the shields still partially melt. That's hard sci-fi :twisted:
For my the N-JC is not minor piece of equipment so it needs to be fitted into the systems of a Gundam and there is a lot new hardware in the Eclipse and Inferno so there would be no room. The N-JC would be another piece that would be affected by the heat, since the particle accelerators are real MS-mounted toasters (especially the Hellfire, understandably). So it was simply a case of not trying to get everything crammed in.
I always had the idea that the N-JC was just a covering over the nuclear reactor that had an area of effect similar to the reactor dampeners found on Battlemechs of the Battletech universe. Kira's deactivating of them in GSD certainly convinced me more of that theory. Oh well, understandable you don't wanna make them uber. But it's simply better to just equip them with extended batteries next time because Deuterions really are nuclear-related.
Well, some of them lived. And the industrial complex was too important to dismantle. Again someone is pulling the levers behind the scenes, it seems.
I get you. Seems the EDF pursued MAs after banned from having MS. Looking forward to new MA designs of the EDF that can match ZAFT mobile suits.
And the reason why positron guns and similar are restricted are due to the (gamma) radiation they cause when fired. Think of them as weapons of mass destruction, and therefore the UPA considered they have to be regulated or it would lead to a new arms race. Some techs previously outlawed (like Mirage Colloid) have been allowed in limited fashion because ZAFT lobbied vehemently for Colloid particle research (seen in Eclipse and Inferno).
More like they atomize anything in their line of fire. The ones making the gamma radiation would be the GENESIS weapons. Yeah, good to limit them. They really cause plenty of environmental damage. But in space, though, they could be used liberally. I'm glad the MC tech in Phoenix is still limited to stealth stuff. I sure can't fathom the nightmarish MCVS-equipped mobile suits, if they ever appear.
The regular Igelstellung guns just don't seem to cut it. The new railguns are rapid-fire models. Give them a chance to prove themselves. Wink In general my main point was to give better anti-MS armaments to larger ships, so they wouldn't be complete Gundam-fodder. Time will tell how well that works.
I have no idea how thick is the ENFORCERs and GEIRs armored, but in both anime series, Igelstellungs chopped down mobile suits pretty well, especially the ones on the Minerva. You should rewatch GSD Phases-23,29 and 30 because Windams and Murasames literally get shot to pieces by those Igelstellungs, and Windams and Murasames are considered high mobility units in atmospheric combat. Of course, in my opinion, that's just plot shield for the Minerva to survive (otherwise, against that many Windams and Murasames, it would in reality be sunk quick). Hmmmm... if the yellowish streaks fired from those anti-MS railguns have an area of effect, then they would be highly effective. Just watched until half of Episode 14 though, so haven't come up to the parts where the Damocles engages in battle.
Ravager

Episode 13-17 thoughts:

- Damocles MS squadron is composed of Dagger Ls? Those are worse than the by-then standard Windams. How many mobile suits can the new ships carry? I notice that you don't include MS numbers in the ship profiles. BTW, AWESOME intro from the Damocles! The lance just took out four ZAFT ships all by itself!

- Mave with a Strike Dagger performs well enough. Though i wonder why the lunar armies only have Strike Daggers when they could've had leftover Windams and Dagger Ls from the abandoned EA Lunar Bases.

- For the most heavily-armed capital ship in the Earth Sphere (for now), the Valkyrie sure had a mediocre combat debut. Thank God the Archangel came in time!

- Man ZAFT surely has to get new Warship types. Those previously impressive Nazcas perform like the EAF ships from SEED, barely having any success at all.

- I'm surprised the anti-beam cartridges of the Damocles could distort positron blaster fire. Those are not the kind of normal beams but beams purely made of positrons.

- No profile on the new Hawk mobile suits? Considering they appeared so early, i'm quite interested in what improvements they have on the Enforcers.

- I hope Lunamaria doesn't do the predictable and go join Shinn :roll:

- If i didn't know better i'd say Kai Shales is your counterpart in the story. I thought Kai was an Asian first name. Finnish also have Kais?

- Dude, smuggler ships get Mirage Colloid systems? That's a rare technology i doubt simple smugglers can get their hands on.

I think i can manage to understand the lab scenes and the scenes with Mave and Zhaffarth. The lab scenes should allude to ZAFT/ Maddox experimenting with pseudo Extendeds (probably Coordinators) while Mave's amazing piloting skills must've got something to do with all the data inputted through the retinal scans that the Prof's machine always does.
Last edited by Ravager on Tue May 01, 2007 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHASER

Ravager wrote: - I'm surprised the anti-beam cartridges of the Damocles could distort positron blaster fire. Those are not the kind of normal beams but beams purely made of positrons.
I'm pretty sure that it's been established that they're not purely positrons. Here on the board.

But still it was a little odd, but there are a few fixes that need to be made in the earlier episodes and Antares knows. And trust me, you're going to like the following episodes~
Ravager

Well, i'm already hooked on the whole thing, and it sure gets better and better.

As for the positron beams, like a lot of gripes you as the audience could have when watching a great movie, you'll just ignore it and concentrate on what makes it so good :P
Antares

Counter-commenting time! :)

The Damocles squadron is made up of Dagger Ls because Windams are high-profile MS. Remember that the radical arm of the EDF cannot just go into a base and say "guess what, we're taking all your MS". They have to be subtle and sometimes that means less efficient MS.
The Lunar army only has Strike Daggers because they would've had to buy the more recent MS from the EA after the Moon was declared autonomous. It was by treaty, so the EA (or then EDF) was allowed to take what they wanted from the base and ship them home. I may need to add this to Q&A on the blog site as well. :wink:

About the VALKYRIE, I had to add a technical failure. I am surprised that so few of them crop up in Gundam. I've been to the army; I know that stuff breaks easily, future or present. :D Mistakes are always made, and they bring out drama quite nicely when the juggernaut turns into a kitten. And the DAMOCLES made such a dramatic intro because no one saw it coming (except me, of course). The ship is (in my opinion) given a more even treatment later on.
Man ZAFT surely has to get new Warship types. Those previously impressive Nazcas perform like the EAF ships from SEED, barely having any success at all.
I hope Lunamaria doesn't do the predictable and go join Shinn
No comment yet. :wink:
No profile on the new Hawk mobile suits? Considering they appeared so early, i'm quite interested in what improvements they have on the Enforcers.
*holds ball* *drops ball* Yes indeed, there is no profile on them posted on the site, despite the fact that there is a profile. :roll: Fixing. I'll add it shortly to the eps 19-21 mech profiles.
If i didn't know better i'd say Kai Shales is your counterpart in the story. I thought Kai was an Asian first name. Finnish also have Kais?
No Marty Stus in my fic. Well. Being an Athrun fanboy doesn't count, I'm sure. :D And I surely hope Kai isn't my subconscious acting out. :P Yes, Kai is a rather common Finnish name, I know two personally.
Dude, smuggler ships get Mirage Colloid systems? That's a rare technology i doubt simple smugglers can get their hands on.
Actually the PELICAN is not a smuggler ship but a transport sent by the Hammer to help Shinn and Dei gundamjack the Eclipse and Inferno. As such, the MC is understandable. They acted under LeCavalier's orders, but those were quite clearly changed by Kildare. A nasty bit of internal backstabbing going on there, eh? :)
Ravager

Episode 18-19 queries: (As i haven't reached Ep 20)

- I think you should know that even Naturals have the SEED ability. In Episode 19, Scenes 1-2, Professor Maddox claims that all Coordinators have the SEED inside them. In fact, SEED is an ability that unlocks the next stage of evolution for all of mankind. That said, if these two Ultimate Coordinators are successful, wonder how they can be stopped if they ever fight.

- What's LSD?

- Good job on the OUTRIDER scenes. Man it's been so long since i've had comedic moments like those!
Antares

Right back atcha! ;)
I think you should know that even Naturals have the SEED ability.
I know that but Maddox is a racist and he chose to exclude it. But I added a footnote that explains as much as it is not necessarily evident. Maddox couldn't care less about Natural SEEDers since his creations would presumably wipe them out anyway.
That said, if these two Ultimate Coordinators are successful, wonder how they can be stopped if they ever fight.
Well, keep reading is all I can say. Every weapon has a weakness.

LSD is, uh, well, a drug. Since this is a PG-13 forum, I won't go into details. It was a comic reference to Waldfeld's coffee-obsession in a new light as well as a rip-off (or a tribute to) Futurama episode "30% Iron Chef". :P
Ravager

Getting lazy with such a long post to reply, but i'm satisfied with the explanations. I also agree with the logic that military stuff especially often break down because of the heavy-duty wear and tear.

Meh i'll keep on reading and come up with more comments :P

And darn, the lunar situation caught me off-guard. Their equipment really am outdated. Will do with the EDF. I'm glad you acknowledged that their military came out of the 2nd War crippled and almost annihilated because GSD's ending neglects to depict this situation at all.
Ravager

Episode 20-21 comments:

- Thanks for the Hawk profile! (or did i just missed it last time around?)

- In Episode 20 Scenes 3-4 appendix, the Minerva is called the ZAFT flagship. Actually, the ZAFT flagship was the Gondwana.

- DAMN! I rooted for the Positron blaster to blow Dei and the Inferno away! Those two are always so lucky! And the Icarus too! Blasted good luck... OMG the Archangel without Jackie as the gunnery officer really has lame aiming... it missed hitting a target as large as Damocles so many times! :evil:

- I am quite surprised the small-caliber 17.5mm CIWS of the Inferno could penetrate the bulletproof armored bridge windows.

- One other thing, just a small footnote. The Eclipse and Inferno are prototype suits of ZAFT, so they should have an X prefix before the model number i.e. ZGMF-X456B Inferno.

- I thought the mobile suits in Kurogawa's wing are all Hawks. How come Mave pilots an Enforcer when Shales gets a stomach cramp?
Antares

I always thought the Minerva was the flagship. Oh well, will correct. Same applies to the ECLIPSE, INFERNO, and any future prototypes. That would be more consistent with the presentation of CE tech, I agree. And I added the HAWK profile right after you asked after it in the previous comments. :wink:

As to the lame aiming and hitting, CE always has had a lot of interference, and if you recall the battles Minerva and/or Archangel have had, they miss several times. They are near-misses, but misses nonetheless. You might have noticed a slight turning of the tables: the Damocles is portrayed a bit like Archangel in SEED, desperately fleeing an overwhelming enemy. I thought setting it up that way would be more interesting.

The Enforcers of Kurogawa's squadron are all indeed Hawk Enforcers, but I seem to refer to them consistently as if they were regular Enforcers. I wonder if I should just go through the whole thing and change them here and there to make it clearer... *shudders at the amount of changes required*

Just a brief sidenote: All the correction Ravager has requested have gone only into the HTML version of the fic. The .pdfs still have the errors since I haven't felt the need to redo the .pdfs yet. Darn it, it seems I am fixing things more than writing new material! :P

EDIT: I think that I might restructure the blog around episode 30 to make all episodes single paged. It'll be a longer read, but the current way is cluttering up the selection. Also, that way I can update some of the more pressing changes that need to be done into the blog. I could also make new .pdfs while I am at it then.
rebel_cheese

I'm starting this in chronological order and seems to be pretty cool so far. I'm not a big fan of scriptfic but you make it work pretty well.

I'll drop a better response once I have time to read a little more. :)
MURRUE: Infallible accuracy?? I thought you just usually shot all your weapons at random and they just happened to hit stuff.

KIRA: What do you think this is; a cartoon?
Ravager

As to the lame aiming and hitting, CE always has had a lot of interference, and if you recall the battles Minerva and/or Archangel have had, they miss several times. They are near-misses, but misses nonetheless. You might have noticed a slight turning of the tables: the Damocles is portrayed a bit like Archangel in SEED, desperately fleeing an overwhelming enemy. I thought setting it up that way would be more interesting.
Ahh well, there's that. It's just that back then it was the good guys and Archangel, while this time i have a hard time trying to stomach the fact that bad guys always get so lucky.
The Enforcers of Kurogawa's squadron are all indeed Hawk Enforcers, but I seem to refer to them consistently as if they were regular Enforcers. I wonder if I should just go through the whole thing and change them here and there to make it clearer... *shudders at the amount of changes required*
You've made it clear here. Don't need to change it.
Darn it, it seems I am fixing things more than writing new material! Razz
Naw... this is called Quality Control! :lol:

I've known some actual novel authors from the Battletech universe, and this kind of editing is very commonplace. Once the authors finish their drafts they hand it over to the editors and they do a lot of skimming and correcting, sometimes even discarding whole pages of important storyline simply because it was past the word count and page limit!
I think that I might restructure the blog around episode 30 to make all episodes single paged. It'll be a longer read, but the current way is cluttering up the selection. Also, that way I can update some of the more pressing changes that need to be done into the blog. I could also make new .pdfs while I am at it then.
I don't think it's cluttering up the selections. I enjoy reading it this way because making them single paged would make the page feel soooo long and cut down on the fun factor.
Antares

You've made it clear here. Don't need to change it.
Already did. That is what I call fanservice. :wink: And I also have sick, sick perfectionist tendencies from time to time. :twisted:
i have a hard time trying to stomach the fact that bad guys always get so lucky.
But that's just fair, isn't it? Besides, I think (hope) you will find that good and bad are not polar opposites in my fic. Or at least there is not horrible amounts of shining goodness, but an infinite number of grey where even good characters might accidentally stumble. :P

I do appreciate quality control, especially for those episodes that have not been proof-read very thoroughly (when they were proof-read basically just by me). I'll see what I'll do with the selection since I am aiming for at least 50 episodes, and it will completely swamp the selection when every episode is in two bits. I figured that a .pdf -file would be more pleasant to read which is why I made them.
Welcome also to rebel_cheese to the world of Gundam Seed Phoenix! I'm always interested in getting new readers. Please do drop a response when you can, either here or in the blog. Don't mind the spam that seems pollute the comments there though. :P
Antares

I got episode 26 here. Gundam Seed Phoenix Episode 26 - No Tears For the Fallen.

As usual, here is an excerpt.
Mahadi: [with usually curt words again] His conditioning wore off.
[Dei is confused and curious at the same time. The doctor and Mahadi scurry around trying to find something they could use on their runaway. Dei glances at Vries, and his breath gets cut in this throat when he sees the man looking at him with one piercing eye. Mahadi and the doctor cause some noise as they frantically search for a tranquilizer gun, and Vries turns his head and closes his eyes again, and Dei barely dares to breathe again. The camera jumps then after Viktor, who is speeding away down a corridor, and heading for the main hall where the two ships are berthed. Two crewmembers are on a break, casually smoking a cigarette, and they both stare in surprise as Viktor bounds past them.]
Man: Hey, kid! Slow down!
[A man at the mouth of the corridor turns and grins and stands in the middle of Viktor’s path. He opens his mouth no doubt to say something witty, but instead gets a crunch of his teeth as Viktor bounces to the wall to gain a bit of height, and knees him to the head. The man goes down and Viktor lands on his feet with a quick summersault, and runs off toward the DAMOCLES. His headphones and player fall to the floor with a clatter. The camera speeds ahead of him to show the surprised faces of Deux and Locke as they turn to see what the commotion is about. Viktor lowers his head and charges at them blindly. A few feet from the pair, Viktor gets tackled from the side by Chiiro. Flailing with his arms, Viktor quickly lands a hold on Chiiro’s throat, despite how much she tries to tuck in her chin to avoid it. Oddly enough, she hasn’t fallen into her normal rage, but seems to be doing her best not to hurt him. Viktor has no similar reservations, but with a mad glare and fury presses his fingers more strongly around Chiiro’s slender neck. Locke and Deux both rush to her aid, trying to pry to boy off of her. Locke, deciding he is not risking the woman he loves, pulls out his gun, and aims it at Viktor’s head, who oblivious to all this. Locke is shocked when Chiiro lifts her right arm in the way of the gun.]
Chiiro: [whispers the last air out her lungs] Don’t…
[Locke is torn. He tries to get another angle, and Deux puts all his weight into pulling Viktor’s left hand loose. Viktor, enraged further by this intrusion, lets go of Chiiro’s throat and grabs Deux’s collar with his left and drives his fist into Deux’s right eye in rapid succession. Locke retakes aim, and Chiiro takes a wheezing breath, but never takes her eyes off Viktor. The camera zooms out just a bit, and shows Mahadi, holding a light rifle, and then aiming it at Viktor.]
Mahadi: [tonelessly] Get back.
[Locke is concerned that the second EXTENDED pilot has also gone berserk, and turns his gun at Mahadi. Deux, on the other hand, has had more experience with the two and pushes Viktor back with all his strength as he tires to gain another strangling hold on Deux. Mahadi, not caring about Locke’s pointed gun, pulls the trigger, reloads the bolt-action, fires, and reloads, and fires once more. Three darts jut from Viktor, one from his right shoulder, one from his right forearm and one from his neck. Viktor’s right hand goes limp, and his visible right eye closes a bit, the pinpoint pupil dilating slowly. Slowly, wordlessly, he crumbles to the floor, powerless to move.]
Viktor: [a single tear coming his left eye, hidden underneath his shock of green hair] Pro..tect…
[The boy’s eyes close, and he is finally silent.]
There are funny bits too. Go and read, and comment please. :wink:

I decided to give profile for the HAWK ENFORCER ASTRAY in case someone wants to dabble with it:
UPA / ORB M4 ASTRAY HAWK ENFORCER
The HAWK ENFORCER is an upgrade to the already formidable ASTRAY ENFORCER. This ASTRAY model uses the same old configuration in outlook, and is capable of using the STRIKE pack hard-points to switch equipment, making it a versatile weapon. The new compact energy cores enable it to use Trans-Phase armor for slightly longer than with the regular ENFORCER and allows for higher output for beam weapons. The shield of the HAWK is also been reinforced to handle greater stress in battle, hopefully significantly increasing the odds of survival for the pilot and MS alike. The Aile pack is currently the most configuration, as the HAWK models are being tested for extensive use. The HAWK have also additional thrusters to make it more manoeuvrable, especially in space where the UPA has to be able to match Hammer and perhaps even ZAFT mobile suits when the situation calls for it. The regular UPA color scheme is a mix between the ASTRAY and STRIKE GUNDAM colors. The HAWK ENFORCERs have been given to the use of the promising HAWK WING of younger UPA recruits. Their current squad leader is Giro Kurogawa.
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 17.80 meters
Weight: max gross weight 69.2 metric tons
Construction: Orb – UPA.
Powerplant: ultracompact energy battery, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features: Sensors, range unknown; Trans-phase armor.
Fixed armaments: 2 x 19mm multi-barrel CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2 x Type 78 beam saber, mounted on hips. Type 80B beam rifle, shield mounted on left forearm. 1 x "Armor Schneider" combat knife, stored in hip armor, hand-carried in use.
Optional hand armaments: Aile packs.
Ravager

It's 3 a.m. here, so i'll give quick reply. You should take your time to write the story for as long as you want to instead of setting a goal of 50 episodes and possibly limiting the story to fit into this goal.

The Hawk Enforcer is easy to imagine when reading the story as a toughened-up Astray. You really are fixated with Armor Schneider-type weapons eh? Even the Inferno and Eclipse have some kind of combat knife.
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
lordyu

Is the UPA and Zaft the only one to get any good new machines or is the EDF incapable of matching there technology. I have read all 26 chapters and i have yet to see any fairness. It more unbalanced the GSD.
Antares

Is the UPA and Zaft the only one to get any good new machines or is the EDF incapable of matching there technology. I have read all 26 chapters and i have yet to see any fairness. It more unbalanced the GSD.
Well, given that the EDF emerged from the war scarred and crippled given the Break of the World and the not-so-good image caused by Blue Cosmos and LOGOS, they would be hard-pressed to produce new tech. Sure they can be innovative (Eurasian Hyperion -projects as an example), but sometimes you can't just stuff money down the military-industrial drain when your population could use it as well. And even if they had the resources, the UPA watches over the EDF to guard against any signs of growing MS production that would exceed the limitations of the treaty. If you think this situation is unfair for the EDF, then I can offer no counter-argument, because it is supposed to be such.

Orb on the other hand has been quite active always and ZAFT has had projects of its own. The black projects of Hammer are mostly based on salvaged parts. Then again Blaster and Solaris are not exactly comparable to SF and IJ. The only new gen suits you can spot by this phase are the FURY and the unnamed one.

I have to say I do not quite understand what you mean here by "fairness". This is, of course, my interpretation of the situation set in my fic. I admit ZAFT production is stronger and the UPA/Orb also appear to their advantage, but I can't make the EDF produce MS or Gundams I feel they haven't got the capabilities to build right now. They do have the ICARUS and the DAMOCLES, whereas the ZAFTies have no new ships to showcase at least for the moment. But thanks for reading and your comments anyway!
You should take your time to write the story for as long as you want to instead of setting a goal of 50 episodes and possibly limiting the story to fit into this goal.
It helps to have some sketchy limit in mind so I don't let the story sprawl too far towards the end. I want to try to get a fast-apced action-packed ending, and if a procrastinate endlessly with the setting I fear it will be a more boring read. But naturally I will write the fic for as long as I feel there is something to be said in the story as I see it. :)
lordyu

In GSD the only nations that seems to have had heavy damage is Eurasia. The AF had no damage or attacks except for heavens base and there spaceforces being destroyed. . They would seem to have ended the war with enough resources to rebuild unless there resources were being used to help rebuild the rest of the EDF. If possible i would like to see them split from the EDF. the AF never had the same internal problems as Eurasia the warrant a breakup of there nation and i sure that would cause massive resentment. It a good story but i wish for more balance so i will continue to be a strong fan. Its good and is the best from all the Fan fictions out there.
Ravager

Hey Antares, i thought the UPA Treaty banned the EDF from having an MS army at all so that they could get their Mobile Armor, Warships and Defense Platform advantages?

To add to Antares' comments about "fairness", if you read through the scenes of Damocles in action, it's fair that ZAFT get their new MS while the EDF get a kickass ship.
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!