A Typical Episode of Gundam Seed Destiny

Your own tale of two mecha.
zmmptet3

SO AWESOME!!!
Wingnut

At least the reality warping ending fits with the rest of the overall theme of the story. One of the few justified uses of the Reset Button to end a story.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Antares

Blue-haired one's death at the hands of Jesus Yamato was acceptable. If you'd let Shinn-tard off him I wouldn't have forgiven you. Ever. :D

Indeed, a damn good show as always. I find your little verbal tricks and other references much funnier than the overall plot, though (I suppose I am done laughing at CE; it's still funny but not necessarily ha-ha kind of funny :P ). The ending was sweet, though, and the artwork on the Legendary Haro (or whatever) was awesome. I only wish you would've done Duel Buster too. :D

So where to now? Do you think you've milked this cow dry or is there still something left in the tank? Second season of Gundam00 probably might help, but is there something more readily at hand? :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Thundermuffin

Antares wrote:Blue-haired one's death at the hands of Jesus Yamato was acceptable. If you'd let Shinn-tard off him I wouldn't have forgiven you. Ever. :D
Yeah, I made sure that it was clear that Shinn only beat him thanks to interference from Luna and Yzak/Dearka. Athrun's still the superior pilot.

Don't worry, I never considered having Athrun die by anyone else's hands other than Kira's. :)
Antares wrote: I only wish you would've done Duel Buster too. :D
Did you miss it?

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z144 ... Buster.jpg
Antares wrote: So where to now? Do you think you've milked this cow dry or is there still something left in the tank? Second season of Gundam00 probably might help, but is there something more readily at hand? :)
Yeah, this seems like a good endpoint for the series (although I've said that before). I really have milked the cow to death.

Although I did leave the backdoor open with the whole "dream/alternate reality/cereal commercial" possibility there at the end.

I really wanted to do Stargazer, but I'm kinda low on material for that at the moment. Compared to other chapters, for which I had at minimum three typed pages of various notes and gags as a starting point, Stargazer just barely has ONE page, currently. Inspiration might strike, but for now, it's on indefinite hold.

And if the ACTUAL Seed movie ever comes out, I'll probably take a crack at that.

I have been toying with stepping into 00 territory though. We'll see once the second season starts.

Oh, and you can bet your ass I will rewrite Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen when that comes out next summer.

For next though, I might do a few shorts here and there, much like the shorts that proceeded this one. The cereal commercial directly ties into the movie, but the other one was mostly standalone.

I'm probably going to write some "supplementary" material for my Destiny rewrite "universe". Some profiles and definitions of terms. Heehee. Cuz I'm soooo technical.

Anyway, thanks (everyone) for the praise/commentary/criticism/more praise.
Kenji

More praise is yours to have!

(Stalinist 30-Minute Applause)

It was actually really good... and if the SEED Movie was like this... it'd probably be an improvement.

... or maybe that's the sad part? ^^;;
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Antares

Ah yes indeed the SEED movie. I wouldn't worry about it, Kenji, I don't think they will take it in any original direction. So we can expect not only one more dose of CE bling, but also another one of Thundermuffin's parodies! Splendid, something to look forward to in life! :D

@ Thundermuffin:
Oooh yeah, I remember seeing the DuelBuster now. You posted it a while back, and me with my Memento-brain couldn't connect the dots. Sorry about that. :)
True enough, Stargazer was short and the characters might better work as cameos anyway, since they barely left a mark in CE.
Wait, the second TF movie is given that additional title? Oh yes, I can see it is ready to be rewritten already. I bet you could roll out a rewrite before the actual movie itself and still not be far off! :D
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Thundermuffin

Yeah, that's the official subtitle for TF 2.

People can't decide if the "Fallen" refers to Megatron possibly coming back or the actual TF character The Fallen.

In any case, with Bay behind the helm again, you can bet it'll be both entertaining and logic-impaired. Perfect fodder for satire!
DAG101

Awesome, as always. Can't wait untill the next one!
ed142

LMAO at everything, the good ol' UC cracks- it was that good lol colon parentheses

please someone explain to me why saji is the waspinator... i kinda cant connect the dots here, i get the rest
DAG101

...Is there going to be a next one?
Thundermuffin

DAG101 wrote:...Is there going to be a next one?
Maybe.

Maybe not.

But probably maybe.

Definitely maybe probably.
please someone explain to me why saji is the waspinator... i kinda cant connect the dots here, i get the rest
He's a punching bag. So far. That might change.
Kenji

Thundermuffin wrote:He's a punching bag. So far. That might change.
You mean, when he becomes the god of a bunch of protohumans? :D

I may as well mention this, too. I can no longer listen to "Beyond the Time" without imagining Shinn uncomfortably munching cereal while Bright watches him for the entire duration of the song. This is a gift greater than life, and I want to thank you for that. :P If I could, I would film it...
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Thundermuffin

Kenji wrote:I may as well mention this, too. I can no longer listen to "Beyond the Time" without imagining Shinn uncomfortably munching cereal while Bright watches him for the entire duration of the song. This is a gift greater than life, and I want to thank you for that. :P If I could, I would film it...
I actually wrote that scene because I was listening to that song and thinking of stuff happening that would be off-puttingly funny while it was playing.

As for new stuff, I've been toying around with starting something in 00 territory, but haven't done much yet...just wrote a few assorted things down. Plus, I don't wanna step on Dean the Young's toes. He's done an awesome job of pointing out some of the current season's logic flaws already.
Zeonic Glory

Ah, that's good to hear. Of course, there's also the option of going back and work on an older series.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Dean_the_Young

Thundermuffin wrote:
As for new stuff, I've been toying around with starting something in 00 territory, but haven't done much yet...just wrote a few assorted things down. Plus, I don't wanna step on Dean the Young's toes. He's done an awesome job of pointing out some of the current season's logic flaws already.
Flattered, but I'd like you to know that I feel guilted into doing more parodies/plot hole jokes now to make up for the deficit in parodies being made if you don't join in. I read your post right before going out to buy dinner, and I've already started composing a list along the lines of "Five Most Useless Plot Twists/Holes of 00 (And How They Could Have Been Fixed)," in a format inspired by cracked.com. I already have two involving Graham, one involving Laguna, one involving Sumeragi, one with Lockon, and one with Louise, and those are just off the top of my head in a brief character list.

On one hand, I do believe you just inspired a new make-up drabble for episode 9, since I missed the inspiration week to write something actually based off the episode. On the other, now when am I supposed to make use of my previous idea, a list of all sorts of possible, fan-made, and/or crackish conspiracies of 00?
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Thundermuffin

Dean_the_Young wrote:
Thundermuffin wrote:
Flattered, but I'd like you to know that I feel guilted into doing more parodies/plot hole jokes now to make up for the deficit in parodies being made if you don't join in. I read your post right before going out to buy dinner, and I've already started composing a list along the lines of "Five Most Useless Plot Twists/Holes of 00 (And How They Could Have Been Fixed)," in a format inspired by cracked.com. I already have two involving Graham, one involving Laguna, one involving Sumeragi, one with Lockon, and one with Louise, and those are just off the top of my head in a brief character list.

On one hand, I do believe you just inspired a new make-up drabble for episode 9, since I missed the inspiration week to write something actually based off the episode. On the other, now when am I supposed to make use of my previous idea, a list of all sorts of possible, fan-made, and/or crackish conspiracies of 00?
Heehee, you could do a drabble a piece for each plothole/glaring logic gap.

I might start something new soon...ish. I'm just trying to figure out how I want to structure it.
Dean_the_Young

Thundermuffin wrote: Heehee, you could do a drabble a piece for each plothole/glaring logic gap.

I might start something new soon...ish. I'm just trying to figure out how I want to structure it.
I'm not into novels, I'm afraid. I took a look at the character list for the series, and gradually came to realize that the only characters who have no real role don't have either a plot hole, a unworked plot thread, or a horrible plot twist to their name.

Even Ming was a bad plot twist/thread, being a token Chinese guy in the series who was immediately killed off to build sympathy for the League.

If you've ever been to cracked.com, that's about the only format that would work. No drabble, only pure, hyperbolic mocking (with suggestions to fix it).
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
ed142

so with the hair colors are they supposed to mean anything- in seed i mean, brown kira and amuro, blueish kamille and athrun that f91 dood, char and rey/rau/mu/clone doods and this is also in almost every gundam series ever where is jerids girlfriend with the crazy hair lookalike, or cca chick with the hair LMAO *was this brought up already?*

after reading this stuff- when i see a scene with the archangel and ramius+ explosions- i just think jiggle*

-also people here make kira akin to comissar yarrick (aka chuck norris status) for those of you who know - nice
InjuredPelican

Great job on the fics, Thundermuffin. Very funny. My favorite part ever had to be with the flashback scenes at the end of SEED. Rau is so hilarious in that part, as is Kira.

Kira: It sucks getting my ass kicked.

Hope you keep making stuff.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
ZeroBusterXX

I really enjoyed this. Captain Bright made me laugh so hard I cried! I kept imagining Captain Falcon's voice coming out of his mouth and it fit was the weird thing. The GEARA DOGA line was hilarious. I think "I concur" will be my new catchphrase.