Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ETERNITY

Your own tale of two mecha.
The Green Flame

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ETERNITY

Well the Crusader didn't explode so Sven could still be alive. And I forgot about Courtney. He was my favorite of the Destiny test pilots and the awesome Proto Chaos.
Rob DS Zeta

This might be the final battle, but don't forget that there are still three chapters left.

And besides...
Spoiler
Rau's still alive. HE MUST DIE.
*insert witty eyecatch here*
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

I know that there are three chapters left, but at this point I decided to give as much of my 2 cents in as possible before this story ends. Where else am I going to be able do that? :D

By the way, I was thinking about this story in general and I realized that one of the terminal pilots is missing. Where did Hayden go? You know...the Sword Calamity pilot who defected from the EF? I assume he is in the battle somewhere. Also I am still wondering about Dana Burrek, Ed, and Jane. Is their time done in the story or will they arrive to help with the final assault?

I also have to wonder what happened to crazy scientist lady who put the psycho frame system in the Crusader. Her name escapes me, but I am still curious. Since she kind of vanished.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
ShadowCell

ghlkahglakalha so many characters well have Phase 48
The Green Flame

Well.....that explains where Sven went!

So many people dying, it's like Victory Gundam.
Rob DS Zeta

Oh boy...! This fic is setting my soul on fire!
Soma Taozi

Weird...I could have swore I posted my reply on this thread before...yet it doesn't seem to be there...

Whatever.

Anyway to sum up, many people are dying yes, but it doesn't compare to Shadow Cell's first Destiny rewrite in body count (yet). In fact most of the people who have died have been ZAFT pilots.

As for Sven at the end, I personally think that he should pull a Graham Acre in a more dire situation. Correct me if I was wrong, but Shinn wasn't in such a bad position that Sven needed to pull a suicide attack. In fact, it almost seems like a waste since it seemed like Shinn could have destroyed the METEOR without the help in the longer run...

It was still a emotional moment...but I think Sven's sacrifice would have more meaning if he attacked when Shinn was getting his ass kicked with the METEOR. Or, have Shinn get knocked back, Kira turns to fire at the fleet with a full blast from his METEOR (which would have been devastating), say his destroying the stars line, THEN have Sven attack. Just to make his sacrifice that much more meaningful.

Just my opinion, but if Sven is going to go out Graham Acre style...he needs to do it right :)
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Rob DS Zeta

I think that the Sven thing was more of a 'meaningfulness' deal than actual usefulness. Shinn was having trouble with the METEOR, no doubt, and Sven did take it out, but the scene is more of something along the lines of the poor chap getting one last shred of redemption and going out with a bang before dying of stupid blood loss or combat trauma.

...if that makes any sense at all.
NightFall

I rather liked how Sven went out. One last charge and this time he was doing it for the right thing. Lillith's death rather surpised me but I guess that's what happens when you go against the Angel of Death with a suit that's already have blown away.

Shinn..I gotta say I have loved what you've done with his character in your story Shadowcell. He's become a character I cheer and care for which makes me so worried he won't be coming back from this battle.. I also hope Athrun tears Rau's new suit apart bit by evil bit. Can't wait to see how this all ends.
Antares

I decided to stop reading after 46 and wait until you've finished, ShadowCell. I'll get back to you once the story is all told and I've had the chance to read it; I dislike the idea of going through an epic final battle in bits. I will also divert my eyes from this thread out of fear for spoilers until that time. ;)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
ShadowCell

gjlkahlaga Phase 49 yes the title is a reference to 0083's second OP

the next chapter might take a little longer than three days, but on the other hand, it'll probably be about twice as long as usual. call it an hour-long commercial-free television event of the summer or whatever.
The Green Flame

*all those Return of The Jedi lines* Don't mind me, just grinning like a mad man :D

And Shinn sure did pick Kira apart, it was almost like episode 34 again!
Rob DS Zeta

After reading this chapter, I tried to make a list of the canon characters that have died in this series of fics.

It took me over half an hour.

That said, I really can't wait for the finale! :D
Soma Taozi

God when did this become the final space battle from Return of the Jedi? Hahaha I loved it anyway! As long as the Gandwana Class doesn’t crash into the Beam Shield of the Messiah after a someone crashes into the bridge or CIC or…whatever…that would be going too far. :) Maybe…

By the way, since I am living in Florence Italy…I am glad the Zaku Goliath didn’t decide to take a pot shot at this beautiful city since it seems to be blowing holes in Europe. It would quite literally kill me...

One little mistake at the beginning.
"You'll just never understand," Kira snarled, as the Freedom wheeled around and pummeled the Freedom with more beam blasts.
I think you meant “pummeled the Zulfiqar with more beam blasts.”

Other than that…wow…quite the chapter Shadow Cell. Looks like a happy ending might be in the works for all. I am sure that Shinn survived and I was honestly afraid that Athrun was dead…but it looks like I was wrong :) Yah!

Last chapter soon too…this is so sad! And it looks like you posting Twilight on FF will come to an end around the same time as you finish Eternity. Nice timing Shadow Cell. Nice timing :)

I await the last chapter!!!

Oh and,
Rob DS Zeta wrote:After reading this chapter, I tried to make a list of the canon characters that have died in this series of fics.

It took me over half an hour.

Care to share that list if you can? ;) It might be nice to read after the final chapter of Eternity. Where we all can talk about the good times and drink some beer/wine and stuff. Drinks are on me and bring your Euro (it is all I have alright?!)

-Me, 7/19/2020
Rob DS Zeta

Soma Taozi wrote:Care to share that list if you can?
Give me a few hours an a bottle of scrumpeh, and I might just be willing to try.
ShadowCell

hahaha I have a nice big database of all the characters I used in this fic so I can do that in like ten seconds flat.

counting the MSV and ASTRAY series and a few background characters who are only named on Anime News Network, it comes out to sixty official characters smote by the unholy hand of me over 189 chapters.
Rob DS Zeta

Well CRAP. Mine didn't even get to 30! (even though I didn't quite go into detail with the Megami crew or the MSV pilots)
WindamX

Hi Shadowcell, I'm new to the forums here at mechatalk but I've been following your trilogy of Seed Destiny/Twilight/Eternity off and on since I first found the first story on FF.net. I have to say that this is an impressive piece of work you have written and I have to admire your dedication to sticking with it for so long. I am looking forward to the finale coming up, but after reading chapter 49 of Eternity I had to make an account here and comment because I was really bugged by the way you killed off Kira at the end.

It just seemed kind of... Meaningless to me, actually its even worse then that since it was ultimately the ghost of Fllay that killed him. If Fllay's ghost was going to appear to Kira as a spirit, hallucination or otherwise I though it would be to give a "you've betrayed my memory" speech before telling him to listen to the light that's still in his heart and stop ZAFT's massacre of the Earth. Now granted that I knew it was a given he was going to die at the end of the series, but I really though that you were going to have that small glint of light of his former self he's been trying to keep down finally reemerge somehow, and then have him sacrifice himself to either take out the Zaku Goliath or at least bring down its shield.

I just feel that by killing off Kira the way you did you've rendered him a rather meaningless character, and wasted all that time you spent building up his character and how Kira himself knows that he needs to atone for what he's done. all of that build up come to an abrupt halt in the worst possible fashion (death by Fllay.) This also renders Chiao Xu death meaningless since like Lacus, he too saw the good in Kira (I won't say Lacus' death was meaningless because I see Kira killing her after some hesitation was a way of reinforcing just how strong Valentine's control over him at that point was.) Speaking of Valentine, I see this really hurting her character too since now the fact that she was the one who did most of the work in turning Kira, which was her primary claim to story relevance means nothing since since she's never going to have to face up to it.

Now granted this story in primarily about Emily backed by Shinn and Athrun, so Kira as a secondary villain behind Rau, Djbrill and Valentine as the primary ones isn't as important, but still. Enough characters have significant development attached to Kira that he should have had his chance at redemption rather then an abrupt death after so much build up. Sven got redemption, why doesn't Kira get the chance to demonstrate that a corrupted soul can find his way back to the right path, especially when they know what they are doing is wrong?

I guess I do have to commend you though on the reaction that got from me, albeit I feel like you punched me in the stomach.
NyxOne

You know, upon reflection, this is actually rather remarkable.

Since, omitting characters who have just disappeared, unless I'm forgetting any exceptions, you've actually succeeded in killing or removing the first SEED's entire cast except Athrun.

Quite astonishing, to wipe them out to a man.
Rob DS Zeta

It's because Athrun's the main charact- *shotx1000*