Gundam 00: Light Like Snow

Your own tale of two mecha.
Dean_the_Young

Re: Gundam 00: Light Like Snow

I'll admit I was a bit skeptical upon seeing that only Nena would survive (Nena being the sole surviving Trinity and maturing seems to be becoming a 00 trophe), but I'll hold my peace now.

Was rather confused about the mention of the one lone tau-drive, considering how a piece a couple updates ago implied that Graham wouldn't go down the Flag = uber-pride path.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
OpMegs

I'll admit I was a bit skeptical upon seeing that only Nena would survive (Nena being the sole surviving Trinity and maturing seems to be becoming a 00 trophe), but I'll hold my peace now.
I'll admit to being curious what changed your mind, or at least made the concept favorable enough to push it out of following down the "every other Nena actually accomplishes something with her life" mold. Even if it's negative, you put enough thought behind most of your responses that I'm curious to know, especially since you're coming at it from the perspective of someone that doesn't know the "whole picture" that I, being the author, have in mind. Far be it for me to turn down outside perspective.
Was rather confused about the mention of the one lone tau-drive, considering how a piece a couple updates ago implied that Graham wouldn't go down the Flag = uber-pride path.
This, I have an answer for, mostly from the outline these snippets are comming from, which I plan to post after the Season 1 "epilogue".
- Johan uses Throne Eins and the Trinity Mothership's stored particles to launch an attack on the Alvatore, as well as playing to Corner's ego in order to use his poor understanding of military doctrine to cause a public confession of his guilt.
- In the aftermath of the Alvatore's main armament being savaged, all three combatant parties retreat to consider the battlefield. The Ptolemaios retreats along an orbital trajectory to avoid overtaxing their pilots. Nena refuses to be grounded, and her demand to pilot is approved due to the support of Lockon and Setsuna to have her pilot with them, as well as the tactical need to keep their fighting strength up.
- The UN Forces regroup and pursue them, hampered by the GN-T drive's weaker endurance. At this point, Graham joins the forces with the final GN-X, the drive's functionality having been conclusively cracked by Billy to ensure that even with a full loss of the GN-X squad in orbit, the UN will continue to be able to produce GN suits of their own. (This also allows Graham time to recover from the likely injuries caused by his confrontation with Eins in the Overflag)
- Corner continues his pursuit of both forces, knowing that the only chance of his scheme not coming unglued is to make certain both task forces, UN and CB, are annihilated to the last man before they come in communications range of the orbital ring.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
Deathzealot

Hmmmm... Interesting. I always liked Nena for some odd stupid reason, and I always scoffed at her working with the man who had killed her brothers. /sigh/ Anyways, keep it coming.