Gundam 00 Season 2 Anthology: Updated 7/15/09 (Alternatives)

Your own tale of two mecha.
ShadowCell

That would be the easiest model re-release ever.

And if those FRAME ASTRAYS models are any indication, they would so do it too.
Dean_the_Young

ShadowCell wrote:That would be the easiest model re-release ever.

And if those FRAME ASTRAYS models are any indication, they would so do it too.
Throw in a manual describing some extra GN verniers by Graham's own request, emphasize how high-speed and dangerous it is, and threaten to paint it black and I do believe Bandai will love me. 8)

I should have another, shorter piece up tonight/tomorrow: I actually only have two more really planned, and then not only will school have kicked back in but I'll want to focus on my main project.

But trust me, you will love the Trinities when they come in.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Dean_the_Young

The second one is a concept out of the Alternatives-verse. The rest aren't specific. Ali (and Graham) so should have been Meisters.
---

00 S2 Drabble 14
---

WWAD?

What would Ali do?

---

Ali would…

…Burn Them All

“It looks like you’ve lost something as well, Setsuna,” came the transmission from the red craft.

“Nena Trinity,” Setsuna acknowledged, eyes narrowing at one who had perverted the ideal of Gundam. Seeing her red drive, he readied his blades. “Did you do this?” he asked, indicating the wreckage around them.

“Hardly,” she waved off. “By the time I got here, this skirmish was long over. I couldn’t even save your ship.”

Setsuna’s eyes widened. “Are they…?” he began.

“It looks as if he has taken something from you too,” she said, transmitting what she had observed. The ‘he’ was obvious; only one man piloted a red suit like that. Setsuna watched as the Arche Gundam tore into the Ptolemy, fangs biting deep and sword slicing through the armor with ease.

“They tried to reenter the atmosphere early to escape him,” Nena said, “but once the bridge was hit…”

She shrugged. “No control. Very hot, but mercifully short. The Gundams might have survived, if they recovered enough particles from after the battle to deploy a re-entry shield. If not…”

She shrugged again. “At least they went out with a blaze of glory.”

…Drink It All In

Stumbling out of the stasis pod, Ali tested his unsteady legs the only way he knew how: by putting them into action. Walking to the door was an exercise in pushing against the wall, but when it slid open he allowed himself to pretend it opened to fresh and pristine air.

Or maybe not pretend, as the cold mountain air quickly roused him. Staring into the beautiful mountain valley, grass and flowers blooming, Ali wondered what sort of shit had happened since he had been put in the healing capsule. Any moment now, he knew, some cute technicolor cartoon animal right out of Disney would come bounding up the meadow, waving a cute little tale from its butt.

“Ali awake! Ali awake!”

Or maybe not, and it would just be Haro. Out came one of the Haro-mechanics, placed in their repair drones with those nice, round edges (Did round edges make things cute by default? He wondered about that sometimes.), and the round ball was just looking at him, as if expecting something.

“Oh, you’re finally awake?”

Down on the ground below, most certainly not (thank the God he never believed in) in a flowing dress to fit the scenery, was his fellow male Meister. Graham was dressed in the standard jacket, which was making Ali realize just how drafty it was in the hallway with just a hospital gown, and he carried a data pad, clearly taking in the repairs on the ship.

“How long have I…?” Ali trailed off meaningfully, taking it all in. Last thing he could remember was being about to jump into his Gundam, and then heat and a burst of pressure. Then he woke up.

“A few days. We’re safe for the moment, and so we’re taking our time. Rest and relaxation, that sort of thing.”

Before Ali could speak up, someone else did. “Graham? Was that Ali I heard?”

The two men turned, and saw nearly half of ship’s crew coming up the meadow. Specifically, the fairer half; by the looks of it, one bridge bunny with not enough to do had ended up dragging every other woman save the captain with her for a picnic. Now they were returning, holding wicker baskets and a checkered sheet he hadn’t even known they had possessed, and were those flowers he saw in the hair of the two female Meisters? Some women looked good with flowers, Ali would admit; generally those who looked meek and innocent and oh-so-ravishable. Not women who had killed more men and women than most people would ever remember the names of.

“Ah, hey,” the blonde replied back. “Yeah, he just woke up. I’m bringing him up to speed. How did female bonding time go?”

Attempting to reconcile just how this could come to be, Ali made a wise and sensible decision for anyone confronted with such an unexpected and confusing situation.

“Screw this, I’m getting a beer.”

…Hunt Him Down

“You can run and dodge as long as you want, but I’m not going to let you go!” howled the Middle Eastern mercenary, shooting at the enemy who insisted on only dodging and guarding his shots.

They flew like that for miles. Over the crater left by the Memento Mori, over mountains and desert, even over what Ali recognized as Azadistan.

When the other Gundam began to land beside a minaret, Ali didn’t care why. He simply shot his prey then and there, and who cared about the collateral damage?

…Kill Without Pause

When the GN particles reached their zenith, it happened again. Ali could sense, could hear the song as if it were being sung beside him. Part of him, a part buried and forgotten long long ago before he had hardened and b, recognized it.

It was a child’s song, almost a hymn. Memory gripped him; memories of being poor and going to worship, of moments of carefree joy and playing with others. A time when each day hadn’t been spent figuring who was going to steal his food, and who he might steal from instead. A time when, if only so briefly, war had been something to be hated and forgotten while singing in harmony with the other children.

But then he laughed. “What’s this? Are you trying to sing me to death?” he asked even as he slammed the blade into the cockpit.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Thundermuffin

:lol:

Glad to see you took my incidental suggestion and ran with it.
Dean_the_Young

And let it be known that this is credited entirely to the one known and feared as ShadowCell, for whom I gave four medium/well-done dogs in exchange for the rights to use his idea. I just… tinkered with it a little bit. Remember kids, overdosing on painkillers is not a good idea. And don’t drive when drunk.

I would have done more, but I wasn’t inspired and all I could think of was a number of reasons Saji could have been accosted by the male-half of the CB crew. Lockon suspecting Saji of being the traitor and giving the A-LAWS information (again), Allelujah suspecting Saji of being too close to Marie, Ian ‘warning’ Saji of getting too friendly with his daughter, Tieria kicking the sleeping Saji for the hell of it…

Ah, Saji. Such a lovable punching bag. Every time I see the season two ending, I expect Louise to pull out a gun and shoot him.

---

Gundam 00 S2 Drabble 15

Destiny

---

You were meant for me. Perhaps as punishment.

---

His suit glowed red, a torrent of particles coming from its fake drives. “At last, Gundam, we can fulfill our destiny with this battle. Prepare yourself, and with eyes only for me! YAAAAAA--”

Whatever Mr. Bushido had expected to hear, a shout of pain at the first exchange of blows wasn’t it.

“Fucking headache! Not now!” cussed the young man over the still-open comlink.

“…what?” asked Mr. Bushido, taken aback and pausing his assault.

“Yeah, migraine. Real bad, too much painkiller drug and it’s screwing with my head. Oh it fuckin’ hurts. Oh I’d worship god again if I thought it would make it go away.” There was a short pause, and then, “Hey, you got aspirin by any chance?”

“Um… well, no. But our mutual destiny--” Mr. Bushido tried, taken aback.

“Oh, that. Well.” Another pause. “I guess we can fight and get this over with if you really want to…” the younger man trailed off with a more empathetic curse. “Oh damn it hurts. Getting shot in the arm sucks, but this is only worse. The pain. I need more painkiller to make it stop.”

Mr. Bushido heard the awkward fumbling in the other cockpit. “Aren’t too many painkillers what brought the headache? Are you sure you should take more?” he tried to warn, but the other pilot ignored him in his search for relief. Mr. Bushido heard the pop-hiss of the syringe being used, and his destined rival gave a sigh of relief.

“Oh, that’s much better… wait, now I’m seeing lights. Exia? Is that you? Have you come to take me away?” he rambled.

Mr. Bushido looked at his fated rival with disdain. “…tch! It would be meaningless to fight an enemy as weakened as you are. There would be no honor in the victory!”

“Wait,” said the other pilot drunkenly from so many anesthesias “does this mean we’re okay for setting this off? If so, I’m gonna go swing by my ship and pick up some Tylenol. You cool with that?” All that would be needed to complete the total change of character would be a drunken hiccup at the end.

The man known as Mr. Bushido sighed. “Yeah, whatever. Our fated match will have to wait until next time. Go on.”

“You’re a pretty cool dude when you don’t have a rod shoved up your ass,” his rival said as he wobbled the two-drive suit onto a new course. “Until next time!”

“Isn’t your ship in the other direction?” Mr. Bushido asked as the two-drive sped south.

“I knew that!”

Official Jerid Fanboy
Arbiter GUNDAM

Setsuna stoned on painkillers and morfine. Classic! 8) :lol:
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Dean_the_Young

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Setsuna stoned on painkillers and morfine. Classic! 8) :lol:
"Painkiller-Drunken Setsuna is a strange and wonderful new innovation I hope to see more of," was how one person-not-to-be-named described it.

And I might, with other characters drunk (on booze) as well. If Setsuna is a talkative/honest drunk, Allelujah would be a moody drunk, Tieria a self-controlled 'safe' drunk, and Lockon an experienced and easy-going tipsy.

That in itself could be interesting, but it needs something else. Normally modest and reserved Feldt getting flirty? Painfully loyal Saji toying/tempted towards someone else? (Saji would either be a hillarious drunk for what he might do, or a pathetic wreck in his own self-misery.)

Official Jerid Fanboy
EinhanderAstraeaMk.I

If Saji were drunk, I'd imagine he'd almost become a Sumeragi (while she was at Billy's place), while also attempting to flirt (he's lonely) and hate (they're not Louise) at the same time, the drunk girls on the ship:

Sumeragi first, but she thinks he's just going after her stash, not her herself;

Then Feldt (who's just flirting around with Setsuna, Tieria, or Lasse), but blocked by Orange Haro (insert disturbingly funny Haro saying here);

Then Somarie (who's not really drunk, but switches personas as fast as a drunk Alle/Halle would've), but a near-Hal Alle randomly threatens to cut him short with a knife;

Then Anew, who is completely inebriated and flirting with Lyle (it was her first time with alcohol; not even her Innovator? genetics could handle it), but is run off by a lightly drunken Lyle holding a pistol;

And finally leading up to Mileina, who somehow got ahold of some alcohol, and it would almost come to kissing, until a sober Ian (he was fixing the Gundams) comes in with a wrench and two Haros in maintenance units. Let's just say that it wouldn't end well.
The source of my Gundam 00 information and ideas? Here.
My Innovator names: Eternal Eternity, Stupid Vexation, and Pilot Rival.
Dean_the_Young

EinhanderAstraeaMk.I wrote:If Saji were drunk, I'd imagine he'd almost become a Sumeragi (while she was at Billy's place), while also attempting to flirt (he's lonely) and hate (they're not Louise) at the same time, the drunk girls on the ship:

Sumeragi first, but she thinks he's just going after her stash, not her herself;

Then Feldt (who's just flirting around with Setsuna, Tieria, or Lasse), but blocked by Orange Haro (insert disturbingly funny Haro saying here);

Then Somarie (who's not really drunk, but switches personas as fast as a drunk Alle/Halle would've), but a near-Hal Alle randomly threatens to cut him short with a knife;

Then Anew, who is completely inebriated and flirting with Lyle (it was her first time with alcohol; not even her Innovator? genetics could handle it), but is run off by a lightly drunken Lyle holding a pistol;

And finally leading up to Mileina, who somehow got ahold of some alcohol, and it would almost come to kissing, until a sober Ian (he was fixing the Gundams) comes in with a wrench and two Haros in maintenance units. Let's just say that it wouldn't end well.
Sounds like you have it all planned out. Get to it!

I like it, especially if the only reason Feldt and Saji don't have an awkward moment the next morning is because Saji got cock-blocked by Haro. :lol:

(That said, Mileina should only be as a nightmare scenario for Saji. Drunk or not, I can't imagine him ever doing that.)

Hm, I might consider that Feldt one. I've been having a soft spot for Saji lately, as well as wondering how he could conceivably be attracted to anyone other than Louise. Current brainstorming demands changes early in season one.

Official Jerid Fanboy
Strike Zero

Dean_the_Young wrote:I've been having a soft spot for Saji lately, as well as wondering how he could conceivably be attracted to anyone other than Louise. Current brainstorming demands changes early in season one.
There was one little thing, actually; WAY back in episode five, Louise gave Saji an ear-yank for staring at Wang Liu Ming as they passed each other.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Dean_the_Young

Strike Zero wrote: There was one little thing, actually; WAY back in episode five, Louise gave Saji an ear-yank for staring at Wang Liu Ming as they passed each other.
Psst, stop spoiling! That was/is going to be part of a further Alternatives piece!

Official Jerid Fanboy
Dean_the_Young

Speaking of Alternatives, cheers to GN Beer! Just what is so great about this beverage, you ask? Well...

---

Of all the interactions and relationships (business, friendly, or otherwise) onboard the Ptolemy, certainly the most unusual was that between Ali al-Saachez and Graham Aker.

Oh, certainly there were more friendly ones: Christina was the catalyst to make young Feldt warm to the world. And there were more reasonable ones: Doc Moreno and Ian had been lifelong friends even before joining Celestial Being. And certainly no one had the professional relationship and compatibility of Healing and Soma, who all but competed to be the most reliable agent for Veda’s plans. Even Lichtendahl and Lasse’s friendship made a sort of sense, even if only by default.

But Ali and Graham had no such connection, bond, shared goal or values. Their similarities were superficial: gifted pilots (of entirely different modes of combat: Graham blitzed, while Ali danced and slashed), impressive leadership when called for (Ali seduced with a serpent’s guile, Graham motivated from the front), and sharp perception of political developments (Graham thought in terms of states and grand strategies; Ali always kept his eye on the effects on numero uno). And their differences in manner and belief were staggering: Graham often behaved as if he were still a soldier, while Ali treated the entire Mission as a great game. A fallen soldier’s code of ethics made uneasy company to a mercenary’s free manner.

In short, everyone expected the two to act like cats and dogs. And that’s exactly what they did for the first few weeks. A barb here, an implied slight there. Each simulation session the two stepped up to challenge the other, leaving the more sensible gender crew members to shake their heads as they watched the two tear into each other. Beginning their interventions helped somewhat, but only because it allowed the two men to stay far, far away from each other. Soon it was a matter of course that one or the other would be in space at all times.

Everyone was surprised at just how quickly that dynamic had turned around, nearly six months after starting their interventions. Even watching the security cameras in the hanger, Kati could scarcely believe it.

Theirs were the last two Gundams to be refit. Kati had bitten the bullet and insisted on it; the Dynames was the most critical to the ship’s defense, and had gone first. The Virtue’s tune-up had been comparatively simple, because it merely required swapping armor modules on top of the unchanged Gundam within.

Both pilots were seasoned and experienced enough to see to it that their machines were maintained before they took a break like Ian had suggested (pleaded, actually). Both had even done all the pre-maintenance they could before the overhauls began. Without more tools, neither had anything left to do but to sit on top of their machines, even as the Haro-mechanics ran operation tests on their GN drives, filling the hanger with green particles. More Haros did flew here and there, making it a hazard to stand up in the place lest one hit you while in flight across the hanger.

“Don’t you just hate that?” asked Graham to no one as he pushed away another beeping Haro, breaking the not-yet-hostile silence.

“The Haros or the particles?” asked Ali as he dodged another one that had come in from behind. “I’ll agree to both.”

“I meant the Haros,” Graham said even as one nearly flew into Ali’s face. Snarling, Ali kicked it away and watched its comedic attempts to stabilize.

“I’ll drink to that,” said the mercenary rhetorically, and Graham shrugged and pushed his way to the Kyrios’s cockpit.

“Where are you going?” called the mercenary, curious.

“Getting drinks,” called back the ex-test pilot. But he didn’t emerge with a bottle of whisky; out of the cockpit came a few cans of cheap American beer and what looked to be a mix of a coffee maker/pot.

“I’ve already had my morning caffeine,” Ali called.

“It’s not that,” said Graham, guiding himself and his package to the Kyrio’s still-testing drive. Placing the ‘pot’ on top of one of the GN particle exhaust vents, Graham carefully poured a can of beer inside a bag and then placed it in the pot, where green particles coursed through both it and the bag and its contents. “It’s for flavoring.”

Another eyebrow rose. “Flavoring?”

Graham grunted as he maneuvered the bag and its liquid out of the pot without spilling any beverage, a tricky task in zero-g. “Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it. Here,” he said, sending the bag sailing towards Ali.

Ali caught it with a skeptical look, but took a squeeze of liquid. It was…

“What did you do to it?” he asked, in an entirely different tone.

“Ran it through the Gundam’s drive,” Graham explained with a smirk at Ali’s reaction. “The GN particles give it a texture and feeling you’ll never forget.”

Ali finished his, and then tore into another can Graham opened.”Do I even want to know how you came up with this?”

“Probably not,” said Graham, “but you haven’t found the best part.” He gave a dramatic pause, and then finished the thought. “I talked to Doc, and he confirmed it. The GN particles have some effect that will keep you from getting a hangover no matter how much you drink. And you’ll get an entirely different kind of drunk while you’re at it. Quicker, too.”

Three cans worth down, and Ali could already feel it. It was… euphoric, was one description. It was the rush of adrenaline, the thrill of a hard-won fight, the calm after the battle when the fires had settled but gunpowder still clung to the skin and clothing like a lover. Ali leaned back against the Exia, letting the feeling linger in his veins. It was as it was tailor-made for him.

“You too, huh?” asked Graham, who was leaning against his own orange Gundam’s stabilizer fin with a faint smile on his own face.

“What do you feel?” asked Ali, breaking the silence and curious.

Graham hemmed and hawed, and Ali could understand. If he had been asked to describe the feeling, he would have been hard-pressed to explain it. But Graham did find the words.

“It’s a flier’s high,” he said. “It’s like flying without a cockpit; I feel the wind on my face and I can feel the movement. It’s the ultimate feeling of speed. It’s a rush.”

Ali didn’t feel anything like flight, but he knew what Graham meant.

“Yeah, it is.” He raised his drink in a salute to fellow Meister. “Cheers to GN Beer.”

And that was the day Ali al-Saachez and Graham Aker, middle-eastern mercenary and Union test pilot with nothing in common past living for the thrill of it, became drinking buddies and war buddies.

Official Jerid Fanboy
Attomoku

No hangover and you get drunk faster? Is there anything that GN particles cant do? :P :roll:

Anyway, You've got the interactions between Ali and Graham down to a tee, very impressive work dean. I just read the entire anthology and really like what you've done, keep up the good work.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Dean_the_Young

Attomoku wrote:No hangover and you get drunk faster? Is there anything that GN particles cant do? :P :roll:
Hey, you forgot that it can make friends out of two people who should fight like cats and dogs.

Hm, and maybe it could act as an aphrodisiac of sorts like chocolate for the ladies...
Anyway, You've got the interactions between Ali and Graham down to a tee, very impressive work dean. I just read the entire anthology and really like what you've done, keep up the good work.
Anything in particular you like?
Last edited by Dean_the_Young on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Official Jerid Fanboy
Attomoku

Dean_the_Young wrote: Hm, and maybe it could act as an aphrodisiac of sorts...
:shock: Im scared now of your next drabble. (GN condoms: for her pleasure)
Dean_the_Young wrote: Anything in particular you like?

I really like more of the the serious stuff, Nightmare and Selfish come to mind immediately as ones that I read a few times over. I really like the Alternative Misters as well because of the fantastic character interactions that seem omnipresent in your works, plus its always fun to imagine "what if".
Oh, and on that note, I thoroughly enjoyed the reformations even though they aren't here. Like I said keep up the good work!
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
EinhanderAstraeaMk.I

Dean_the_Young wrote:Sounds like you have it all planned out. Get to it!
Dean_the_Young wrote:Hey, you forgot that it can make friends out of two people who should fight like cats and dogs.

Hm, and maybe it could act as an aphrodisiac of sorts...
Well, you came up with an even better idea; but I'll see what I can whip up. But probably your version would be even funnier, now that you brought up GN particle induced aphrodisiacs... :lol:

"The real plan behind Trans-Am 00 Raiser: Love-Love the World!" :oops: Brings Anew* meaning to "Make love, not war"...

Your rewrite of Saji could stem from the old drabble you wrote when he finds out that Louise slept with Setsuna... Heck, you could have Louise take his place as 0 Raiser pilot (which is one of the things I may write in on a second rewrite; but currently Nena/Setsuna is in the works). Or if he still ends up in CB, he finds out that Louise did leave him... for Andrei. :shock:

*Yes, that was a bad play on names.
Dean_the_Young

EinhanderAstraeaMk.I wrote: Well, you came up with an even better idea; but I'll see what I can whip up. But probably your version would be even funnier, now that you brought up GN particle induced aphrodisiacs... :lol:
Trust me: it fits perfectly with my vision of the Alternative!Trinities.

Now if only I could figure how to get it into words...
"The real plan behind Trans-Am 00 Raiser: Love-Love the World!" :oops: Brings Anew* meaning to "Make love, not war"...
Ali would correct you. "Make war, not love. That way you can drag back more women."
Your rewrite of Saji could stem from the old drabble you wrote when he finds out that Louise slept with Setsuna... Heck, you could have Louise take his place as 0 Raiser pilot (which is one of the things I may write in on a second rewrite; but currently Nena/Setsuna is in the works). Or if he still ends up in CB, he finds out that Louise did leave him... for Andrei. :shock:
Nah, Setsuna isn't a Meister, remember?

Let's just tease and say that Saji's relations to Celestial Being are very much changed in Alternatives. Some reasonable, some... funner.

Official Jerid Fanboy
EinhanderAstraeaMk.I

Delete Please.
Last edited by EinhanderAstraeaMk.I on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowCell

If there's any smut in this thing, I'm deleting it on the spot. Forum rules still apply here.
EinhanderAstraeaMk.I

Delete as well please.
Last edited by EinhanderAstraeaMk.I on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.