The place to share your artwork.
Tgjanlee

i have them i have them

(lies)

they're right over here in the giant pile of crap i haven't scanned yet
....why leave this open to insert images! GAHHHH
ORegan

Tgjanlee wrote: oregan, how quickly you conform :O
Actually, I have a deep respect for the mods. If he asks me to stop, I do simple as that. If it had been you, well let's just say I'd continue.

Also, if I were you, I wouldn't be reprimanding someone for obeying the mods. *points to your img tags being replaced with url tags*

TLk: leprachaun's don't ask themselves where they hid their gold.

Now, I demand stick figure drawings.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Tgjanlee

i didn't edit anything, that nutwing guy did it

and congrats, you can kiss ass and cry for forgiveness, good for you

so were i to ask you to knock it off, you would countinue, but i could just as easily have reported you to one of those mods. What would you have done, beg thier forgiveness? Regardless, you just admitted "and i'd do it agian to muahahaha". So what's the point of lying to them and pretending to be a good little boy when you clearly intended to still be a dick to me.
Draco Starcloud

Knock off the bickering, please.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
ORegan

Not liking your drawings doesn't equal being a dick to you. If you can't handle criticism, don't post stuff online. :P

If you like to take this to PMs, I think we could settle this without mods getting angered, but I doubt you will.

So you can either

A: Continue this with me and get us both suspended

2: take this to PMs and argue with Jesus

Ham Sandwich: Carry on.

Edit: Made a spelling error.
Edit 2: Now that I look at it, I changed A, 2, and Ham Sandwich from simply having a period to having a colon so they look more like points instead of sentences.
Last edited by ORegan on Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Kangaroo

I like your character drawings a lot. I can tell you put a bunch of work into them. I'm just curious though, can you draw things like mechs and mecha as well? Just wondering.
Tgjanlee

Oregger- I took the annoying spam you posted earlier and this comment
If it had been you, well let's just say I'd continue.
as being a dick, not your less then serious comments about my drawings. Regardless, you are done in here, get out of my thread and stop wasting my time.

uuuuuuuh mecha. GUUUUUUUH, not my forte XD. I like drawing gundam pilots ha ha (>_>...aka...people....)

Gundams are like boxy versions of people, so you think'd i'd try a little more often...
N-Bomb

Got one thing to say:

Even if inline images were allowed, don't you think your post was a bit excessive? If you're gonna be posting more than a few images, a direct link to your photo album might be a better solution, don't you think?

Lots of people on forums like to be dicky and jump on people for mistakes, but I honestly don't blame people for not reading the rules as long as they learn from their mistakes.

Have fun in the future, and keep common sense in mind :o
Heretic

Got to be honest, after looking at each individual piece, my over all impression is “Meh”

What you have here is less “Character art” and more Caricature art. The style strikes me as derivative of nearly every low end short lived web comic. Nothing you have posted strikes me as new or innovative and your character’s faces and expressions are nearly all bland and uninteresting, conveying little of their emotional state.

When you look at most Manga and Anime, you see that each one tries to define its art style in its own way. You have yet to define yourself as an artist and what’s more you don’t seem to be trying to. You’re just doing what’s been done before.

Also, Gundam’s aren’t the only mecha out there and even the common mecha styles have proportions different from that of the human form. Usually longer and larger legs in comparison to the rest of the machine. And mecha aren’t all blocky. Even the original Zakus were curves and cylinders. Before you can even start on mecha, you have to shake yourself of this simplistic notion.

Lastly: ORegan, TG, you are both getting on my nerves with your childishness.

ORegan, stop bating.

TG, Stop biting.
N-Bomb wrote:Lots of people on forums like to be dicky and jump on people for mistakes, but I honestly don't blame people for not reading the rules as long as they learn from their mistakes.
He didn’t learn though, after being told (repeatedly) that he had to remove the image tags, Wingnut had to edit his post and do it for him.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
ORegan

Heretic wrote: ORegan, stop bating.
Way ahead of you heretic. ;) I tried to stop the whole thing with my last post stating to take it to PMs if he wants to reply, or to carry on and ignore me. Instead of doing either, he chose option A. *shrugs*
Tgjanlee

well all i saw in your post was

"oh shit, he's right, now i need to save face and pretend im mature"

so honestly, forgive me for not taking you seriously after you brought all this upon yourself. As for the rest of you, get off it, it doesnt take a hundred of you to say im breaking the rules.

i appreciate the honesty heretic

for gundam, yes, its blocky shapes, with curves. Curves are the easy part XD.

I'd say your readings are a bit off, (what kind of artist won't defend himself right, so don't take this the wrong way XD). I do have my own style that i've worked quite hard to develop. I don't strive for webcomic style like status because its true a lot of it out there is just kinda crap. I wanted to make a comic strip once, but in all honesty, it was an excuse to learn how to color in photoshop. Nor am i trying to have the "anime" style. Yes my earlier work does, but in honestly i'd call myself more of a cartoonist. So my point is, i don't follow that way of illustrating, though i do respect it and note it as my starting point. You'll need to be open to a lot more than whats just on the internet or in animes to really progress.

From start to finish is my progress over three years, but yeah, its gonna be tough for people to want to follow EVERY link. Thats why the img tags are better to use, but thats a moot point.

Anyway, i know what you mean but that doesn't mean i will agree with you.
ORegan

Brought what upon myself? I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over you're ignorance to the fact that you were also told to stand down. So, if the next post has anything in regards to your failing flame, you've lost the battle. If you feel the need to say anything to me about this, click the PM button and send me a message, otherwise, you're just assisting your topic getting spammed. So, you can take this out of the public's eye, or you can continue to show your immaturity. This will be the last thing I have to say in this topic about it, so you'll be talking to yourself if you respond.

Also, as an on topic post, I don't see any personal style in your doodles at all. You seem to jump from one to the next, so where is your style? The majority of your drawings are anime-ish, yet you claim to not be an anime-ish cartoonist.
ShadowCell

You were all told to drop it. The next person who posts about this dick-measuring contest gets warned.
TheLegendkiller

we should let TG stick up for his drawings against criticism that is pretty much just being an a-hole. It wasn't even constructive it has just like "Zaft uniforms are ugly I hate them ORegan Rarrrrrrr" and more jackassery. Plus they're big boys they can handle themselves. But of course the rules of forums have to be inforced because all the mods and admins don't wanna get fired and lose all that nice income they get from here. XD

Yeah...Rouke, Caleb, Conrad, love interests. I won't list them here because it'll ruin the story. But get on those drawings. Mush haha.
Evil Unleashed<The Legendkiller
G.Squirrel

Tgjanlee, when would you say you developed this style of drawing? When you were 18-21? 21-24? Older? Younger? Establishing this helps me critique another's artwork, and I will gladly critique yours once I get an answer.
ORegan

TheLegendkiller wrote:But of course the rules of forums have to be inforced because all the mods and admins don't wanna get fired and lose all that nice income they get from here. XD
They don't get paid to mod or admin the forum. If so, I'd make a bunch of forums just to get free cash.
VR7

ShadowCell wrote:You were all told to drop it. The next person who posts about this dick-measuring contest gets warned.
y hullo thar, TGL, ORegan.

What part of this did you two not understand? Seriously.
Heretic wrote:When you look at most Manga and Anime, you see that each one tries to define its art style in its own way. You have yet to define yourself as an artist and what’s more you don’t seem to be trying to. You’re just doing what’s been done before.
Wouldn't I count in that category too? :P

But yeah, Tgjan, your stuff reminds me a lot of what I would find in a web comic or in a Bruce Timm-styled cartoon. Now there isn't anything exactly wrong with that, but at this point you should start deviating from that and experimenting.

You should also practice drawing from realistic objects, such as people, things. (from photos, real life, etc.) See how studying real life objects and human anatomy affects your work.
-noel
Heretic

Tgjanlee wrote: From start to finish is my progress over three years, but yeah, its gonna be tough for people to want to follow EVERY link. Thats why the img tags are better to use, but thats a moot point.
I did click every link. In fact I find that links make things easer to criticise since I can look at each individual image and assess it independently of the others. The impression I got from each of them, even the latter works-- although I’ll admit I could see you starting to shy away from the over exaggerated muscles and feet-- was “More of the same.” Nothing stands out as an attempt to define your art, and by extension, yourself.

I think the main problem is that nothing there tries to convey any real emotion, you’re tying to make characters that “Look cool” rather than make characters that define themselves regardless of coolness or not. Thus the characters are untreatable because they lack any commonality with your audience.

And ORegan is right, all the mods and administrators work for a living. We do this in our spare time.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
WhiteWingDemon

Am I the only one that sees the humor in ORegan's original post?

I really could have sworn I commented about 15 posts back, after maybe the third post. >_>

I could definitely feel something solid developing by the end of the sequence. I think by the end you had gotten a good sense of proportions, and I could see a bit of your own style developing. Keep it up!
V2Buster

Personally, I think you should probably edit your first post to show mostly the stuff that's less than a year old. You've obviously improved in three years, why show people stuff that isn't you at your current ability?

It's like me watching your baby videos and asking you, a 19(?) year old why you're so crappy at walking.