Fresh Paint

The place to share your artwork.
Mitsukashira

Fresh Paint

About... two or so days ago I decided to start coloring some mecha. First I decided to find some blank line art and then I looked over a brief tutorial. Three hours later I produced the first thing I've ever colored on the computer and it's all I've been thinking of since. I use GIMP and a mouse, nothing fancy.

I DID NOT DRAW ANY OF THE ORIGINAL LINE ART! I JUST FIND AND COLOR!

Crimson Mobile SUIT

I haven't a clue as to what the original mecha was, or if it was just the wild fantasy of some guy/girl. As this was my first project, I hadn't much idea on what I was doing. The tutorial I read over pointed me in the right direction but it was all guess work and experimentation. This one took me about three hours to complete. I used an airbrush throughout the entire picture, as I happen to like a grittier look. Aside from struggling with the lighting at some parts, I really enjoyed working on this and am quite pleased with how it turned out.

====

White and Blue GM

This was the second mecha I've colored and it went rather smoothly. I opted to use lighter colors, as my previous work was rather dark. Early on I found that I dislike working with blue. Why? It just didn't seem to want to work well. I used an airbrush on this one as well. It took me about two and a half hours.

====

MS-06S Zaku II

Three hours with an airbrush. I like this one more then the GM, as I find working with white to be easier than blue. Finding a good gray or silver color was a bit annoying, but I settled on that shade. The color scheme was inspired by Shin Matsunaga's MS-06R-1A Zaku II High Mobility Type.
Zeonic Glory

This belongs in Art and Multimedia, not Anime and Manga :wink: .

EDIT: You mods move too quickly...
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Mitsukashira

Did I seriously put this in the wrong place? How'd I manage to do something like that? I gotta start paying attention or something.
DAG101

The Red MS is nice. I've seen that lineart on the MAHQ profiles before, but I can't remember what it was from. I especially like the overall gritty look.
Tgjanlee

both are A and M, dude don't worry about it, it happens

find better line art to color me thinks. Those scatchy line are stylistic, but kind of annoying. Some good work for your first time, just think about the surfaces our applying color and how tone would realistically look
....why leave this open to insert images! GAHHHH
zgapd

Your first mecha looks similar to the methus or the ZII