Specs on this Freedom

The place to share your artwork.
MoebiusZero

Specs on this Freedom

I've been trying to do this piece of work in 3D now,
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7381 ... domif4.jpg

but what bugs me the most is... the specs on this version of the Strike Freedom. I would like to know more so I can put it into the model itself ^^

As far as my eye can see... the gundam has the same equipment as the original with the exception of the added X10-A Freedom wings and the gundam is less "Round", also I can't see how the X10-A Wings are attached to the X-20A booster nor how the entire gundam is supposed to go into 'Full Wing Spread', to me it looks like some wings might get in the way and I can't visualize it without it looking weird xD

Anything else im missing on the specs?

Without knowing the original artist, I can't ask him what he was thinking so therefore im here asking on this friendly mecha forum :)
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

the rifles aren't there either
MoebiusZero

True, guess I'll have to throw in my own variation of the Rifle or keep the original in the model.

Unless gundams nowadays do fist fights :P
ShadowCell

This is just fanart; hence, you cannot expect specs on it from anyone except the person who conceived of/the person who drew this design, if they are not the same person.

Hence, nothing to discuss, and this thread goes the way of Pets.com.
Chris
Administrator

Moving to Art.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
gaspmaster

imight be ble to account for some of the questions you have.. iirc Freedoms wings connected to the top of the booster pack. which i circled in black... where strike freedoms for some reason connected a bit ower so it fits but it would be a bit awquard for the full wing spread cause the thruster nacell on one of the drone wings from strike freedom would get in the way of the M100 "Balaena" plasma beam cannon in the wings of freedom. now as for the beam rifles.. thats easily explained i think... iirc the model of the strike freedom.. most specifically the part that houses the beamsaber and railguns on the hips, circled in yellow, pivots back around more or less to cover the backside of the mobile suit right under the thrusters of the backpack.. when that happens that is where the beam sabers are stored when not in use... though that doesn't explain how the railguns wre used when strike freedom had both beamsabers in hand and used the rail guns so its a bit of a snafu for me there.

anyway heres the pick with the two areas circled for you.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj11 ... m/modd.jpg
Scorpio[pt]

does anyone as art from the same guy? i am sure he did more
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
MoebiusZero

gaspmaster wrote:imight be ble to account for some of the questions you have.. iirc Freedoms wings connected to the top of the booster pack. which i circled in black... where strike freedoms for some reason connected a bit ower so it fits but it would be a bit awquard for the full wing spread cause the thruster nacell on one of the drone wings from strike freedom would get in the way of the M100 "Balaena" plasma beam cannon in the wings of freedom. now as for the beam rifles.. thats easily explained i think... iirc the model of the strike freedom.. most specifically the part that houses the beamsaber and railguns on the hips, circled in yellow, pivots back around more or less to cover the backside of the mobile suit right under the thrusters of the backpack.. when that happens that is where the beam sabers are stored when not in use... though that doesn't explain how the railguns wre used when strike freedom had both beamsabers in hand and used the rail guns so its a bit of a snafu for me there.

anyway heres the pick with the two areas circled for you.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj11 ... m/modd.jpg
Thanks for the information, esspecially how the wings are connected are real usefull :)

The only way for Freedom to use its railguns with beamsabers in it hands it to throw away the beam rifles so the railguns can go back to the hip again but I've never seen it in the show I think.

About the Dragoons, it is me or did the artist reduce the orginal 8 Dragoons to 4, 2 on each wing part.
Too bad about the full wing spread though, wish I had an X-10A model so i can take off the wings and see how it looked with the X-20A wings and how it got in each others way, mayby I can somehow fix it in the model.

Name of the artist of this piece would be nice too, otherwise im more then happy to discuss MS specs on this thing :)
gaspmaster

yah, i meant hen the rail guns are moved around to the backside thats where the beam rifles were stored. lol thanks for not pokin holes in what i said.. you understood it. it shows it on the model box i think. i remember seeing it personally.

as for the dragoons.. i just noticed that myself since you mentioned it.. yes. but if you still look at it.. he kept both wings on each side instead of getting rid of one wing on each side. so you still have tat problem of the thruster gettin in the way of the plasma cannon on the back from the original freedom when it does the full wing spread

EDIT 7/03/2008

hehe, found that pic on this website if you like to know
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... f%26sa%3DN
btw thats a direct link to the page. no random clickin necessary. just scoll down, lots of variants.

where i also found another neat rendition of strike freedom

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj11 ... reedom.jpg
MoebiusZero

Thanks for the sites :)
and the Eternal Freedom looks great as well, if I got more time i might model this one as well.

It also seems like it's the same artist that did the picture I posted...