Aegis' (somewhat bigger) collection of mecha art

The place to share your artwork.
EZero8

IT LIVES!!! THE THREAD LIVES AFTER A 2 MONTH HIATUS!!! :shock:

That Gundam design looks kick a** Aegis. Great work! :D
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Aegis

Prepare for another long wait. :P Thank you either way. :)
Folken Fanel

That scares the sh** outta me.Good design though.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
codename:v

Overall okay. Maybe you can give it some styles and a good pose instead of standing like a statue. Besides, it looks like F-91 to me. Keep it up.
Ascension

Bah, don't listen to the critics... :lol:

Your work is quite good, some of the best hand drawn Gundam stuff I've seen in a while. Most hand drawn stuff is either inspired by a DIFFERENT mecha anime/video game/whatever, looks little like the Gundam it claims to be, or isn't all that good.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm complimenting you.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Aegis

Ascension wrote:Bah, don't listen to the critics... :lol:
No worries, especially since, to be perfectly blunt, I sometimes have either no idea what they're saying, come off as rude, or kinda completely miss the point. :P
Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm complimenting you.
And I'll take the compliments, thanks. ;)
Heretic

I am complementing as well.

This is a good piece of art, the only thing that looks a little awkward is its right leg. It just seems a little unnatural being parallel to the left. If you do more mecha like this, try widening the placement of the feet and turn the right leg out a little. That would just help the stance look more natural.

Overall the proportions are good and the design is very consistent. I like the smooth flowing lines. If you have any sort of fine-tipped inking pen or Photoshop, you could probably sharpen the lines up and clean up some of the pencil lines, maybe even add color.

I personally use Photoshop to clean up and correct my hand drawn artwork (none of which is online right now.)

@Codename:v, I don’t know what you are talking about, Aegis’ latest artwork has little resemblance to the F91 beyond both of them being some form of “Gundam”.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Aegis

Heretic wrote:I am complementing as well.

This is a good piece of art, the only thing that looks a little awkward is its right leg. It just seems a little unnatural being parallel to the left. If you do more mecha like this, try widening the placement of the feet and turn the right leg out a little. That would just help the stance look more natural.
Gosh, I notice a number of things wrong aside from the legs, though it's definitely one of the big ones. The issue I had was a matter of how based on the slightly foreshortened pose... which I think I know, more or less. It literally looked like I was lifting the Gundam by the head, and the feet dangled, which after several tries, I gave up.
Overall the proportions are good and the design is very consistent. I like the smooth flowing lines. If you have any sort of fine-tipped inking pen or Photoshop, you could probably sharpen the lines up and clean up some of the pencil lines, maybe even add color.

I personally use Photoshop to clean up and correct my hand drawn artwork (none of which is online right now.)
I have none of those, and I haven't figured out OpenCanvas completely yet. It's why colouring is a lazy step for me. :P

Overall, thanks. First person so far who's given some critique on this.
Heretic

I don’t even have opencanvas. :(

Any art supply store should have inking pens; they’re good for going over finished pencil lines and easy to use. After I ink something, I take a good eraser to it. It helps cut down on the gray marks from corrections and the like.
Camille Vidan

Blah, how can you guys draw so well? I'm impressed, i really am. The genesis gundam's head reminds me to gundam EZ.
codename:v

Heretic & Ascension:
I have nothing to say with the two of you. By the way, this is not the right place.

Aegis:
Your designs are good, it just need polishing and bringing it to the next level. What I meant is, the way how the Sword God stands isn't really natural and reminds me of chinese terracotta warriors, styles can make her more interesting and lively. Give it a try.
Aegis

Well, you're right that it needs plenty of polishing, and you're right that with the Sword God it looks unnatural in the way it stands. That is an issue I already know full well, hence the comment about the leg looking off as far as the Sword God is concerned. What I don't agree with you is to give it a more 'lively' pose or more 'style', since the point of the drawing (all of them) was to simply draw out the Gundam in a neutral stance (meaning it's supposed to be doing nothing more than standing; the fact that two of the MS designs have their arms raised was being generous).

Heretic: Well, OC is a simplified version of Photoshop... meaning there's significantly less you can do with it, unless you have the patience to do many of the things manually. @_@ And at the moment, manually inking things with an actual pen is a big gamble. I'll practice that on scrap paper. >>

Camille Vidan: I noticed that, too. I've got people saying that, depending on the sketch, reminds them of the GP02 as well. It is a bit Victory-esque, even if it wasn't intentional.
Heretic

I’ve come across a few artists who use OC and a Tablet to make some remarkable line art, and then color in PS. I haven’t been able to try that since I don’t have OC or a Tablet, I don’t even have a decent mouse. For inking, experimentation can be fun. It works for some but not fall all, trying new things is the only way to find out.
Aegis

I've come across artists who do spectacular art using MS Paint and a mouse. @_@ I lack the use of a tablet, and my ability to draw with a mouse is laughable at best, thus I ain't touching that with a 50 foot pole. :P

EDIT: As an afterthought, anyone want me to post up the Gio and the other PG Gundam sketch? I didn't post those previously because they were old and had already been shown in some form. The ones I posted at that time were brand new in comparison.
tofu-speed

OMG Aegis that sword god gundam is amazing. It looks So cool
eztofu

awesome 8)
acguy rules. period.
Draco Starcloud

I like the Sword God and was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't a Sword Striker equipped God Gundam like I for some reason expected when I saw the name.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
lalahsghost

Aegis wrote:EDIT: As an afterthought, anyone want me to post up the Gio and the other PG Gundam sketch? I didn't post those previously because they were old and had already been shown in some form. The ones I posted at that time were brand new in comparison.
Sure! Why not?
Aegis

lalahsghost wrote: Sure! Why not?
ONE VOTE! YAY! Anymore? o.O
Draco Starcloud wrote:I like the Sword God and was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't a Sword Striker equipped God Gundam like I for some reason expected when I saw the name.
You should know by now, I have no franken skills. :D Besides... it was the best name I could think of at that moment. >>
EZero8

Aegis wrote:
lalahsghost wrote: Sure! Why not?
ONE VOTE! YAY! Anymore? o.O
I want to see more of your work, so make that 2 mod votes.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"