MS Design

The place to share your artwork.
Omega

MS Design

I'm working on a mobile suit design that i'm building exclusively to take on Nightwing03's creations.

Could somebody please give me some ideas to help complete it?
ShadowCell

...uh, what are you talking about?
Omega

I'm getting rid of this before i make a fool of myself.
Last edited by Omega on Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowCell

Um, no offense, but what is that?

It just looks like a box to me.
Omega

I'll just start from scratch.
Nightwing03

NOTHING CAN BEAT MY GUARDIAN *LAUGHS MANIACALLY*, actually, which one of my designs do you want to "take on?"
♣♦♠♥
Omega

Whichever one you call your best work.

You made me curious about your Guardian's Performance. all i wanna know is what's it powered by.
Wingnut

Nightwing03 wrote:NOTHING CAN BEAT MY GUARDIAN *LAUGHS MANIACALLY*, actually, which one of my designs do you want to "take on?"
Actually, a group of MP Dynames and the DRAGOONs from the Strike Freedom did in fact take your Guardian down.
I have the post to prove it too, made by none other than yourself.

Omega, it was powered by an ultracompact nuclear fission reactor, power output rated at 8826 kW. Also please post a picture soon or I'm going to have to close/delete this thread as an art thread with no actual art isn't something we like having around.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Turinu

Since you're a beginner, when it comes to drawing art in MS Paint you should use references.

Your design is rather large and boxy, but you can easily slim it down using your imagination. Just look at some of the official lineart for gundams on a general idea on design aesthetics; how to scupt the torso and how to design the heads, once you get the hang of it it's rather easy to do in paint if you're designing from scratch.
Omega

I am NOT going to live this down.

http://oogundam.deviantart.com/art/Unnamed-MS-88281806

Hey Nightwing, why not create a succesor to your precious Guardian.

@ Shori
I was trying to design a heavy assault MS With several kinds of weapons.
ShadowCell

Eh, we all have to start somewhere.

If you don't really have a grasp of how the proportions fit together, then try using some existing mecha as reference and draw them yourself. It should help you get a feel for the way the parts all fit together, and the proportions and perspective of the piece you're drawing.
Omega

Well... Thanks.

uh... just out of curiosity... but how many of you think nightwing03 needs to be taken down a couple of notches.
Nightwing03

Oi Oi Oi, whats all the hate for me about? Omega, this is your art thread, not a thread about complaining about my designs.

Oh and Wingnut, thats was like 16 to 1 here, My Guardian has proven enough by taking down the Epyon, Big O and a super robot styled Zaku I. :P
♣♦♠♥
Turinu

Omega wrote:I was trying to design a heavy assault MS With several kinds of weapons.
Aye, I figured this. However, you can still slim it down to make it look more mobile-suit like. The way it is now it looks like a simple MS Paint drawing, but if you add in more curves, maybe some thicker lines and more detail, it'd look so much better.

And it's simple to do in paint, too. All you need do is draw one side and just flip the image to complete the parts. Here's an example I made from your first drawing. This is just one of many possibilities of results you can achieve; I'm sure if you work at it you'll be able to produce much better than this.

Example

What I did was try to take your design of a Heavy Assault MS and sketch it into a style similar to that of a Gundam. This was done simply in MS paint with a 1 pt line tool, by flipping the image to the other side multiple times in order to achieve the result I was looking for.

Try thinking of this as a stepping stone towards learning; use it as a reference if you want as you use more professional references to achieve your desired look and style when it comes to designing mobile suits.

On a side note, I'm doubtful Nightwing's designs could take on some of my more top-notch Frankens. :P
Omega

Nightwing03:You seem a little too cocky at times.

Shori: Thanks, dude. i'll try and refine it.

Well, Shori... your sketch made me realize something... I'll try a different approach to making MS.

in the meantime, why don't you give me your opinion of this.

http://oogundam.deviantart.com/art/Burs ... t-88553905

a generator design with some surprises in store.
(thank G Gundam and Gundam 00 for this idea.)

(Mod Edit: Don't double post unless it's been at least 2 days or you have new content to post other than text. - Wingnut)
Omega

Could... somebody close this thread? i can't come up with anything to outclass Nightwing03...
zgapd

How about an 360 degree Beam magnafier that makes a photon pulse all around you?
Omega

Huh? what the heck is that?
Nightwing03

Why are you setting your standards so high? So what if you cant 'outclass' my designs, you can still keep doing em just for the fun of it. I can 'outclass' CHASER's and Shori's designs but i still keep frankening for the fun of it.
♣♦♠♥
Omega

the last thing i want to do is make a fool of myself with some of my other designs showing off a decade of refinement.