Poll ended at Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:05 pm

Yes, teach me Obi Wan
81%
No, I be keeping it real with MS Paint
19%

Total votes: 16
V2Buster

Would you folks like a Photoshop Tutorial

I look around the threads in this forum and it seems that many people are using Photoshop like some form of glorified MS Paint and it makes me sad.

I have some experience writing tutorials and using Photoshop, so would anyone be interested in one or am I just going to get my thread buried in the muck?
Strike Zero

If there's some way to get more out of my precious Photoshop that I don't know about, then by all means, share away!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Wingnut

I'd like to know more as well.
Also if this does work out, I'll sticky the thread so it doesn't get lost.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I've wanted to learn Photoshop myself too. So many frankening ideas I have that I just wanna get out!
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

A tutorial would be very helpful, V2. I need to learn how to ink and color, but I'm not too sure if photoshop is the best deal for that. All I really know how to use by far is levels, hues/saturation, brush, and clone stamp. It's just enough to remove the notebook paper lines and clean up the pencil marks! ^_^;

Of course, I prefer to do everything by hand, but apparently my 'handy work' isn't too good with anything outside of doing lineart with pencils.... I may have just about mastered MSpaint and the straight line tool, though. I made my avatar in paint, haha.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Draco Starcloud

The best trick I know is how to make things look like they're on fire, so I would like a tutorial as well.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
ScornMandark

I only semi-recently started using the Photochop, and I would like to see what else I could/should be using.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
OddlucK

I be keeping it real with Paint, what with the whole "I'm broke" thing I got going. But, I'd love to learn more. Hell, with enough practice, even I may be able to fool people into believing I have an artistic bone somewhere in my general vicinity.

Probably not, though.

Regardless, BRING IT!
V2Buster

OddlucK wrote:I be keeping it real with Paint, what with the whole "I'm broke" thing I got going. But, I'd love to learn more. Hell, with enough practice, even I may be able to fool people into believing I have an artistic bone somewhere in my general vicinity.

Probably not, though.

Regardless, BRING IT!
There are a few free alternatives to Photoshop that'll do the first few lessons I have in mind.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelb ... otoedw.htm

Off the top of my head, I'd recommend GIMP or Paint.NET.
OddlucK

Rock on.* I actually have both of those. :)

*Yes. Yes, I said, "Rock on." :P