Illsteir's SketchUp Works

The place to share your artwork.
illsteir

By the way, looking at the elbows on the arms; is that where the optional weapon(s) mount when in MA mode (Since the shield is now the nose of the fighter)?
Yup, that's where the standard beam rifle or 2 beam spitters are placed when in MA mode.
Also, you're gonna do the Daeg Hagal? Which one, specifically, do you want to do? Lord knows I have like fifty of them (An obvious exaggeration, XD). That way I can get to doing the back view for you.
Ahh I forgot to mention that it's the Mk-II.
http://home.comcast.net/~turinu/Franken ... k2fin5.png
Turinu

illsteir wrote:Yup, that's where the standard beam rifle or 2 beam spitters are placed when in MA mode.
Beam spitters? I feel sorry for anything that gets in range of those kinds of weapons. I'm assuming they're a kind of automatic machine gun type weapon, based on the name; something that "spews" out a mass of particle shots at an enemy.

-----
illsteir wrote:Ahh I forgot to mention that it's the Mk-II.
Lol, of course it's the one with the huge backpack, XD. That'll be a joy to sketch a back view of! :3 It'll be done as soon as possible, which will probably be in a day or so (I can't seem to find any motivation to draw at home, so I have to do it while at the college).

If you don't mind (Since I don't like how I designed the shoulder-mounted cannons), whenever you feel the need to begin the project, feel free to make as many revisions to the design as you want (In fact, I'd love to see your own take on the overall design).
illsteir

VTM-01NT Auberon Gundam
Beam Sabre & Shield
Beam Spitters
Front And Back
Variation
I think 2 Beam Spitters are enough so I omitted the Standard Beam Rifle
I'll post the transformation method later.

Shori from what MSes did you took the parts for the Daeg Hagal II? From what I can see the legs are from Sadalsuud (sp?) The shoulders are from Plutone. The torso is from that Gundam from Another Story.
Turinu

The Auberon is a simply beautiful unit; the legs finished up nicely. I especially like the poses you put it in, they really go with the unit's design flow. Even though the joining area between the shoulders and body had looked bland at first, they seem to flow much better now that it's completed. Love the Beam Spitters, too.

Here's a list of parts (From what I can remember) that I used to make the Daeg Hagal II.

Head:
- Rick Dias (Custom Fanart)
- Gundam Astrea
- Gundam Sadalsuud Type F (Or the original, I forget)
- Various custom adjustments and additions
Body:
- Gundam Mk. III "Siren"
- MSN-04 Chanel
Torso:
- Zeta III Gundam "Zeissa"
- Gundam Mk. III "Siren"
- MSN-04 Chanel
- Shining Gundam (Or is it God Gundam? I forget)
Arms:
- Avalanche Exia
- Gundam Plutone
- Arbalest (Full Metal Panic, some minor custom adjustments)
- Rising Gundam (Custom Fanart for the hands)
Legs:
- Zeta III Gundam "Zeissa"
- Gundam Sadalsuud Type F (Or the original, I forget)
- Gundam Dynames
- GINN (For the feet)

If I had to say what the back would look like, I'd definitely have to say it'd look something similar to the Plutone's, though with no visible thruster ports (Though such wouldn't apply to its rear skirt armor). The Skirt armor is fairly small (As you can't even see it from the front) and is equipped with mounts for weapons, so it isn't really special. The back of the legs are probably the only parts that contain thrusters (As back-up while on the surface). As I said earlier though, feel free to alter things to make it look more original to your hearts content (And whatever's the easiest for you, since it takes a lot of time to do these things).

I'll still try getting on that back view picture, though. The first few attempts were a failure, but I'll be using some references this time around in hopes of getting it right. If you need pictures of its armaments, now that's something I can easily sketch out for you.
illsteir

Arms:
- Avalanche Exia
- Gundam Plutone
- Arbalest (Full Metal Panic, some minor custom adjustments)
- Rising Gundam (Custom Fanart for the hands)
This will make it a little easier lol
Turinu

Aye, I figured as much, XD. They do appear to look slightly different from the original Arbalest's, though (This being how the regular Arbalest's arms look).
Josh

The Auberon Gundam is indeed beautiful. I can't think of much of anything to say that I don't enjoy about this design. The waverider mode especially impresses me. Wonderful job!

Keep up this kind of work and I just might be tempted to start messing around with sketchup as well to churn out some mobile suits.
illsteir

Transformation animations are now up!
Angle 1
Angle 2

The Auberon project is now officially closed.

I wanna rest from sketchup-ing for a week before proceeding to the next project; Shori's Dael Hagal II.
Turinu

Ho'oh man, that's freakin' sweet. I'm glad you decided to do the transformation animations, they came out really good. The way body contorts to transform is just beautiful. Definitely your best creation yet.
illsteir

Rendered versions of the Auberon:
Render 1
Render 2

and currently working on this
:D
Turinu

*Squeals like a little school girl.* Eieeeeeeee~! It's the Daeg Hagal's head, and it looks cool so far! :D

Auberon looks very epic, by the way. I can't get enough of its dual-rifle pose; it goes with the design so perfectly. :D
illsteir

Paging Shori... I need the sketch of the back part of the head... over... kzzt...
Front
Back
Turinu

Roight-o, I'll get on that right now. :D

EDIT:

I sketched it out and it didn't come out looking too good, so I hope you don't mind if I used the back head view you provided, and added on the design I had sketched down to the back of the head. Pretty much what you had going was pretty good; it didn't really need anything added (It looked good simple like that), but I remembered that it needed something because of its back attachments.

This isn't exactly how I pictured it, but the back of the head has a "port" to attach a large cable to in order to siphon the unit's gravitic energy out to power certain attachments, so I figured this was the best way to show that; adding a small gravitic receiver similar to that on its shoulders and legs onto the back of the head.

I'm sure you could get something much better from this. Sorry for butchering your good image. ;_;
Last edited by Turinu on Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
illsteir

Sorry for butchering your good image. ;_;
Don't worry about that.
Back with Gavitic port
Also, feel free to use this if you like to add more details
Turinu

You've pretty much got the head down perfectly; everything is there and outstanding. :D

If you ever need anymore help when it comes to the back portions, I have drawings somewhere for you that'll hopefully help when you get to that point. Just ask for them when you get there and I'll get to scanning them. :D
illsteir

Been busy lately, sorry for the slow progress.
I got a bit lazy with the neck so I decided to use the Auberon's :lol: . I'll modify it to make it more different.
Shori are you sure you want the back to look like the Plutone's? Even without the thruster ports, mounting the back equipment seems impossible.
Turinu

I've been trying to design something for it, so give me a day and I'll post up a sketch you can use for the back. Do you think you can provide me with a back shot of what's there so far, so I have something to work on? Really just need a surface I can sketch on so I don't make anything too large or disproportionate for ya. :P

Looks effin' beautiful so far. :D

EDIT: I'll also try doing a quick sketch for the shoulder components, as how they're shown on the franken I made are far from the original intent, >>. The large booster shields on its back are pretty accurate though; rather than being side-by-side however, I wanted them "flat" against the back (Still elevated off of the mobile suit's back, just their bottoms facing towards the back of the mobile suit's head rather than inwards towards each other). They're definitely designed to be able to move down over the shoulders, though.
Nightwing03

Wowwwwww, its looking for awesome so far! I can honestly can't wait till its finished. BTW You're making Shori a very happy man :P
♣♦♠♥
illsteir

I've been trying to design something for it, so give me a day and I'll post up a sketch you can use for the back. Do you think you can provide me with a back shot of what's there so far, so I have something to work on? Really just need a surface I can sketch on so I don't make anything too large or disproportionate for ya.
Here ya go~
http://xs130.xs.to/xs130/08335/back885.png
http://xs230.xs.to/xs230/08335/left781.png
http://xs230.xs.to/xs230/08335/backright952.png
If you need some more views feel free to ask :wink:
And thanks for the comment Nightwing :)
Turinu

Okay, let's see... I tried to get it down like I pictured it, but it didn't exactly go as planned, D:.

Back View, 3/4 View

Pretty much, gravitic ports on the back are the main means of transferring energy into anything it equips onto it. I'm still really missing ways to add some pretty solid hard points for the equipment, as I don't think those two slits will provide much stability. If you want you could also add some thrusters; blocky ones instead of round ones, probably just below and to the sides of the central gravitic port.

Personally I feel it needs more detail and girth on the back (Such as the thrusters, etc), but I couldn't get any down no matter how hard I tried. I hope you can make it look better than what I've tried to do here.