Illsteir's SketchUp Works

The place to share your artwork.
Turinu

Y'know, instead of posting three times in a row you could've edited your original post, @_@.

Anyways aside from that, jeebus Illsteir you worked fast, @_@. Even though it's pretty simple in design it's still got that nice Illsteir touch to it that makes my jaw drop in awe. :D

EDIT: Hey Illsteir, would it be too much to ask for a tutorial on how to make the eyes? :D
Troopermanaic

oh sorry about that I didnt notice anyway I was just too far into the project to start something else, sorry I didnt know you were doing RX-78 but anyway I just about finished mine I have small perportions to fix and I have to add swords also the feet seem kinda flat but in anycase this is going to be my entry

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee18 ... =111-4.jpg
Tanamaas

isnt that the RX-78 Gundam? hmm when you tell us you're submitting that it makes me feel abit weird, its an old gundam model, putting it in a 3D image makes it look sharp but.. just a personal question, why the 78? why not something else like the.... well i dont really have any personal liking for a gundam, well maybe a gundam like Dynames?? =\
Turinu

He only had a certain limit of time to work on something, so he went with something simple to make.
Troopermanaic

if you are speaking to me then I am actually quite bad at sketchup still this happens to be my best sketchup work I ever done yet. I originally picked the RX-78 for 2 reasons its plain and easy to model and its my favorite gundam.

On a side note I wish illsteir would post a vid makeing a head or something it would help me out ALLOT. Most of the skill I have now is learning off of youtube videos.

I should have paid for the sketchup classes but they dont host them in NJ so its not worth it to travel.

*edited*

OH BTW if you want to check out my model I already uploaded it I also added a bazooka to it so it looks cooler now.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... 9d0033deda

I cannot wait to see illsteirs upload.
Troopermanaic

ya know what I just saw your RX-78 and I have to ask how are you able to make such great poses? Is there a plugin that you are useing to make joints? I dont know if this was aked before and it sounds familier but the serch button is broken so if you can could ya help me out by tellin? or trade secret? =[

[Mod Edit, Heretic: Okay, really, stop with the double posting. We have an edit button and this sub forum is on the slow side so it’s not like there’s any need to bump a thread. Edit your last post, people will see the changes before they post.]
illsteir

Pretty much done. I'll probably add the Hammer, Javelin and Bazooka if I'll make it in time. I'll post the poses here later.
@Trooper
If you'll study my models, you'll notice that in each joint there are some lines floating inside (use the wireframe or x-ray view). I use those as guides for the Rotate tool to make those poses.
I don't use ruby plugins btw :lol:
Troopermanaic

I dont want to bother you but can I get advice? I check out your tutorial on makeing legs though I still cant get it right as you can tell on the RX-78 I made the lower legs are a problem for me and I never can seem to get it right if there is any techniques about makeing legs you know about that you can share, can you? I dont want you to spill any secrets just needed alittle help.

as you can see this is how far I got with my model http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee18 ... led-22.jpg
I want to make the hands though I never can seem to get them right without the legs being made first and thats why I am asking you.

BTW I been pretty much copying this model http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... n%26sa%3DN its a huge websitw with alot of 3d images of gundams and other mobile suits so if you ever get confused on a angle you can try useing this for guidence =p
illsteir

And I'm done :D
Pose 1
Pose 2
Beam Rifle
Beam Saber
Hyper Bazooka
Hammer

@ Shori
Tutorial for the eyes? Please wait while I make one :wink:
'Dustin'

Trooper, if you wanna show your stuff you need to make your own topic. Stop showcasing your stuff in this one.
Phoenix

Very cool. I think to put some more depth and texture into the pieces, some more shadowing can be added. :P Here are some references :

http://sandrum.deviantart.com/gallery/
Troopermanaic

'Dustin' wrote:Trooper, if you wanna show your stuff you need to make your own topic. Stop showcasing your stuff in this one.
im sorry actually I realized that last time I posted, though I am trying to get help from illsteir. he is much more skilled at sketchup them I am and I thougt I could get some pointers from him. If you want me to delete my posts out of this thread its no big deal. I am so oblivious some times.
Troopermanaic

I voted for ya illsteir I liked your model more then mine.
illsteir

Phew! That was a close fight.
1st place winners
2nd place winners
The poll result
Trooper's RX-78 came in close second 8)

I've signed up for CAD training and I'll start on Friday this week, so SkecthUp projects til I finish my month long course.

Thanks for voting comrades!
Troopermanaic

illsteir can I make a request? I really want to see you make a heavy arms. I thought about how it would look in your style of sketchup and I thought it would just look fantastic. I tried already to make a heavy arms though I didnt get past makeing the chest I relized that getting the look right would be way too hard for me.
Ayle

How hard is it it to learn to use sketchup compared to blender? I'm trying to choose which one should I try learning to use...
Last edited by Ayle on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
illsteir

Sketchup is only good with regular shaped objects, but is not recommended when making non uniform or organic shapes (since its original purpose is create buildings in 3D). I haven't tried Blender so I cant comment on that.
Troopermanaic

LOL I know a few weeks old but NYCEEE

http://www.cosedimarco.com/3d%20challen ... ficate.pdf
willyvereb

I hope your Belial will be done some time because it's one of my favourite mechas...finding a picture from it is a real pain tough...
illsteir

Someone from dA took a model from the 3D warehouse and keeps boasting that it's his. He claims that it took him 4 sleepless days just to complete it and will still credit me, para manahimik na daw ako. The thing is, no matter how you look at it, the model that he claim his looks like a carbon copy of the RX-78-2 I made.
Here's a journal I made re. that matter.

http://illsteir.deviantart.com/journal/ ... /#comments

See his replies?
And to counter my journal entry, he made this:

http://marauderx666.deviantart.com/jour ... /#comments

Yeah, I bet his community is so proud to have a thief in their boat.

I wanna post a reply in his journal but the burning rage inside is taking the best of me. The tables may turn if make a post fueled by anger. Can you guys suggest a way to counter this? My "reasoning-fu" is currently being consumed by anger and I can't make a good/rational reply.