March Franken-Gundam Contest: Mech Ruling added March 19

The place to share your artwork.
Draco Starcloud

March Franken-Gundam Contest: Mech Ruling added March 19

With the bossman out of town, it's time to burn the house down with another fun Franken-Gundam contest!

Since this month has every drinker's favorite holiday, the theme of the contest is green mechs!

Here are the rules:

1. Since St. Patrick's Day is this month, all contestants are required to use parts from at least two green mechs in their design. If you have questions regarding whether or not a mech is sufficiently green or not to count, send me a PM and I'll make a ruling. Any rulings I make will be posted here.

1b. By a green mech, I mean any mech that has more green on it than just its eyes and other small details.

Example: Wing Zero wouldn't count since it has green just on its eyes and that sensor thing on its chest. The Green Frame Astray would count since it has large patches on green on its limbs.

Rulings:
Green Frame Astray is okay.
Jagd Doga is okay.
ReZEL is okay.
Gespenst is okay.
MS-06R-1A Zaku II High Mobility Type is okay.
Zaku Tank is okay.
Haro is okay.

2. When you submit your finished work, you must post at least a green color scheme. If you want to make a red or a blue version of your design, that's fine as long as you also post a green version.

3. Since this is a new year, everyone is eligible to win. The prize is, as usual, a custom title (pending approval of the not-here-right-now admin) or a stickied thread for a month. People who already have custom titles will have to take the stickied thread. The winner will have a week to choose a custom title before the prize will default to the stickied thread.

4. You get one mulligan. That is, once you submit your entry, you get one chance to scrap the design and start over. If you do choose to use your mulligan, PM me so I can find your post and mark it as an invalid entry.

5. Voting begins at approximately 12 PM EST on Friday March 28 and goes until approximately 11:59 PM PST on Sunday March 30. Results will be announce around 12 PM EST on Monday March 31. There will only be one vote: the People's Choice.

Amendments:

1C. Green doesn't have to be the main color of the mecha you take parts from, it just has to be easily visible.

1D. Parts taken from non-green mechs can be the main parts as long as you include at least two parts from green mechs.

1E. If a unit has an official alternate color scheme that is green, that qualifies it as a green mech.

6. Custom parts are allowed.

7. When you submit your entry, please list which green mech parts you used and which green mech they came from.

6B. Making a custom part and painting it green does not count as using a green mech's part.
Last edited by Draco Starcloud on Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:55 am, edited 12 times in total.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Nightwing03

NOOO!!! My Stickied thread! Oh well it's been there since october last year so i'm fine with that. Pfft whatever, custom titles are better. A bit strict this year with the "only allowed to change designs once" rule eh Master of Gelgoog?
♣♦♠♥
Antares

Relating to this, yet offtopic: Did Neo-Ireland have a suit in G-Gundam? Guinness Gundam, maybe? :D
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Turinu

Oooh, green eh? Seems like my ol' Amun-Re design that I'm remaking gets one more chance to try and enter a contest.
Draco Starcloud

Nightwing03 wrote:NOOO!!! My Stickied thread! Oh well it's been there since october last year so i'm fine with that. Pfft whatever, custom titles are better. A bit strict this year with the "only allowed to change designs once" rule eh Master of Gelgoog?
It encourages you not to post your entry until you're ready.

Unless you have so much time that you can make eight makeovers? :roll:
Turinu

Draco Starcloud wrote:Unless you have so much time that you can make eight makeovers? :roll:
*Cough. Cough cough, hag, cough, KOFFING! Cough, wheeze!* Don't make fun of those of us who have all the free time in the world!
Strike Zero

Re: March Franken-Gundam Contest: Shamrock Flavored?

Draco Starcloud wrote:1. Since St. Patrick's Day is this month, all contestants are required to use parts from at least two green mechs in their design. If you have questions regarding whether or not a mech is sufficiently green or not to count, send me a PM and I'll make a ruling. Any rulings I make will be posted here.
It might be better if you give us an example as to how much green there has to be. For example, would something like this be okay? It's not completely green but there is a lot there.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Draco Starcloud

Re: March Franken-Gundam Contest: Shamrock Flavored?

Strike Zero wrote:It might be better if you give us an example as to how much green there has to be. For example, would something like this be okay? It's not completely green but there is a lot there.
If a mech has more green than just small details like its eyes, it's valid.
SNT1

-Do the parts from green mecha have to be predominant, or just easily visible? Can you include non-green mecha as the predominant mecha?

-Custom parts allowed, or 100% pure franken only?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Draco Starcloud

SNT1 wrote:-Do the parts from green mecha have to be predominant, or just easily visible? Can you include non-green mecha as the predominant mecha?

-Custom parts allowed, or 100% pure franken only?
1. Just easily visible. Non-green mecha can predominant as long as the final result is colored green.

B. Custom parts allowed.

EDIT: I added a rule requiring you to list which parts from green mecha you used. I probobly won't check, but it'd be in case I don't recognize a name.
Josh

Smells like a good opportunity to modify my Genese into something better. :)
Turinu

Since custom parts are allowed, if we make them completely from scratch and color them green, does that count as using a mobile suit that has the majority of its colors being green? >_>
Draco Starcloud

Making a custom part and painting it green does not count as using a green mech part.
Zangetsu

Well this'll be myt first.

Gundam Leprichan
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135 ... itled2.png
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Turinu

Draco Starcloud wrote:Making a custom part and painting it green does not count as using a green mech part.
Okay, just making sure. I mean if we go through the trouble of drawing large custom parts, we should get a little leeway in this case. ;_;
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Zangetsu wrote:Well this'll be myt first.

Gundam Leprichan
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135 ... itled2.png
...Did anyone else go temporarily blind when they saw that mech?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Folken Fanel

Question: Is the Jagd Doga (Gyunei colors) green, or would you call it blue?
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Turinu

Folken Fanel wrote:Question: Is the Jagd Doga (Gyunei colors) green, or would you call it blue?
That dar' be some twisted shade of blue, or so says my Adobe ImageReady's custom color selection.
ORegan

Does the Zaku count as green? :p
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Draco Starcloud

Folken Fanel wrote:Question: Is the Jagd Doga (Gyunei colors) green, or would you call it blue?
Shori's Imageready and I disagree. I call it green.
ORegan wrote:Does the Zaku count as green? :p
Which one?