Scorn's Stuff - Update - Valiant CG 10-06-09

The place to share your artwork.
ScornMandark

Scorn's Stuff - Update - Valiant CG 10-06-09

Hi all -

I've done some frankens and recolors for the request thread, as well as some for my own personal edification. I wanted to show them below to get some feedback for improvements. Please be *ahem* frank. :)

EDIT 3/5/08: Please hit me up with requests for frankens and recolors! The only way for me to improve my I-Suck-At-Actually-Drawing Art Style (ISAADAS ©) is to practice. Please don't mind that I may take exceedingly long to work through them...

Recolor Requests: These were mostly recolors with little to no frankening. Some of the frankens were rebuilt with permission of the creator to make the recoloring easier. For any image with a V2 appended, I either didn't like the first pass and redid it, or I was suggesting an alternate color scheme.
| |-The MSPaint Days
| | |-Astray Dagger
| | |-S. Dagger
| | |-Neo Dagger
| | |-UNAREU
| | |-Buleg
| | |-Slicer
| | |-Saviour MA mode Recolor
| |
| |-Then I got Photoshop :D
| | |-Dead Strike
| | |-RGM-79S with GundamX pack in V2 colors
| | |-Zanny in RX-79[G] Colors
| | |-Zaku Doga
| | |-ZAKU Doga V2
| | |-Sniper ZAKU
| | |-ZAKU High Maneuver
| | |-Noir Dagger
| | |-Blu Dagger
| | |-Titans Haro :D
| | |-Realdo in Red
| | |-Quebely in Pink
| | |-Konda's Gelgoog Jager Snow Camo
| | |-Gabby Hazard Geara Doga
| | |-Gabby Hazard Geara Doga V2
| | |-Squall Tempest
| | |-New Gerbera Tetra
| | |-GABAI-D
| | |-Sazabi Titan
| | |-00 Noir
| | |-00 Noir V2 The Noir lineart has a lot of purple, this has less :)
| | |-Turn Master
| | |-UPO-C0 Amaeratsu
| | |-ZGMF-X28A Nu Liberty
| | | |-ZGMF-X28A Nu Liberty w/ rifle
| | | |-Nu Liberty w/ verniers
| | |-UPO-LPE
| | |-UPO-MP1
| | |-GN Zero Custom
| | |-Scorpio[pt] Spec Noir Full Loadout

Franken Requests: Mecha frankens based on other's suggestions and ideas, but implementation was up to me.
| |-Mecha for Gundam 00R RPG
| | |-Revenant Penumbra

Personal Mechs: Mecha franken or recolor based upon my ideas
| |-Color/Franken suggestions for others
| | |-Sazabi Heavy Weapon Systems
| | | |-Rhapsody in Blue - Full Franken
| | | |-Green Eyed Monster - Full Franken
| | | |-Snow Falling - Full Franken
| | | |-Darkness Encroaches - Full Franken
| | |-Burst Gundam 3 Suggested Demo Colors - Suggestion for the Gundam Revolution manga that Vendetta Machine Industries is making
| | |-Burst Gundam 3 Suggested Low Visibility Colors
| | |-VF-1A Gundam Colors (Gerwalk) for Macross Mecha Manual :D
| | |-VF-1A Gundam Colors (Fighter)
| | |-Nemo in Plaid (Smart a** suggestion for the TFtF RPG)
| | |-Nemo Wallace? (See above :))
| | |-RPZ-89 Pseudo-Zeta

Not At All A Franken (NAAAF (C) )
The Dragoon Metal prelim:
Side Orthogonal
Front Orthogonal
Perspective (less good :P)

Mecha for Bad A** Metal - A RPG designed by my friend and I several years ago. Most have frankened weapons, some are recolored via MSPaint, a few by Photoshop. A few are stock gundams, see if you can spot them :P Recently I've tried to get a little more complexity involved in the works, and they'll be highlighted.

The folder of BAM mecha.
|-Lightbringer Base Model
| |-Armor Pack
| |-Heavy Assault Pack
| |-Speed Pack
|
|-Paintaker Base Model
| |-Heavy Armor Type
| |-Space Superiority Type
| |-Assault Type
|
|-The Valiant
| |-With Optional Buckler
|
|-The Thorne
|
|-Absolution Protoype
| |-Without optional Thruster Pack

Bonus!! - Videos :D
|
|___Scorn Returns to Rodan
|
|____Clip from Gundam Confederacy

Phew! That's all for now, I'll be updating as I go. Like I said, please comment. Thanks! (And yes, that is where my handle is from :)) :)
Last edited by ScornMandark on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:46 am, edited 34 times in total.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Zangetsu

AWSOME FRAKENS!!!! Hide that Gelgoog before Draco Starcloud sees it he doesn't need any more in his avatar.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Dynames

WOW those are good dude some of the best i have ever seen
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
ScornMandark

Thanks guys, that really means a lot. I can't draw worth ZOINKS, so this is the closest I get for now. I know there are things I could improve, and practice makes perfect, so I think I'll open this for requests. I'm not as experienced as some of the other frankeners, but I'm working on it :) Let's hear it, folks! Frankens and Recolors, I'll do my best!
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Janx_Dolaris

Well i did post This franken i made in the Lineart/Recolour request thread, and dont know if anyone's taken a shot at it yet. I simply want it all in Strike Noir colours (yes, i 00-ized the Strike Noir).
ScornMandark

Agent 00 Noir. Or something like that :P Whaddya think?

EDIT: 00 Noir V2 to get out some of the purples.
Last edited by ScornMandark on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janx_Dolaris

Excellent, i actually tried doing it myself with my limited visual editors but my version ended up too purple.

Thanks so much!
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I would like to see a Turn X in Master Gundam colors
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Destroy Gundam

Would you be willing to recolor a Taurus in Gouf Flight Type colors?
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Draco Starcloud

You've got a lot of great works, though the style seems rough and inconsistent. With how many JPG styles lineart comes in though, it's hard for JPG Frankens not to look a little rough.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
ScornMandark

Thanks for the comments. I like using .jpg images for frankens (esp now that I'm not in MSPaint), but it is tough to make styles match. Do you have any suggestions asides from practice? :P

Here's a mech I've been working on as a request:

Revenant Penumbra

The request was to add a "hint" of a GN drive to the front, so I'm going to add the circle bits around the cockpit (see previous work, 00-Noir).

This is my first real solid .jpg work. I took images of the MG Wing v.Ka wing and then lineart-ed them (is that a word?). I don't think it's quite the style I want, but asides from re-lining the entire mech, I'm not sure how much better it'll get.
Nightwing03

Outlining the whole thing then color it makes the whole thing match, but it takes alot of practice and especially time.
♣♦♠♥
Dynames

ScornMandark wrote:Thanks for the comments. I like using .jpg images for frankens (esp now that I'm not in MSPaint), but it is tough to make styles match. Do you have any suggestions asides from practice? :P

Here's a mech I've been working on as a request:

Revenant Penumbra

The request was to add a "hint" of a GN drive to the front, so I'm going to add the circle bits around the cockpit (see previous work, 00-Noir).

This is my first real solid .jpg work. I took images of the MG Wing v.Ka wing and then lineart-ed them (is that a word?). I don't think it's quite the style I want, but asides from re-lining the entire mech, I'm not sure how much better it'll get.
Love the look man, nice use of the hulkebian
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
ScornMandark

Nightwing03 wrote:Outlining the whole thing then color it makes the whole thing match, but it takes alot of practice and especially time.
Boo that... that sounds like so much work! Wait, it is so much work, that's what I did on the wings :P I was hoping for a more...what's the word, lazy approach? Ah well :)

Anyways, below is the completed (no weapons version) of the Revenant Penumbra. The base mech was submitted by a requester, and the coloring and wings were modified from the MG Wing ver.Ka wings.

Penumbra
ScornMandark

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:I would like to see a Turn X in Master Gundam colors
I did a rough cut to get the colors in the right spots, is this where you want me to go with it?

If so, I'll do a real version, I just wanted to make sure this is kinda what you were thinking.
Kavik Ryx

This might sound a little odd, but could I request the Perfect Zeong with the back armaments of the Strike Freedom and Legend. Please don't ask, but thanks.
ScornMandark

You're talking the big ol' disk with the DRAGOONs and the wings and DRAGOONs of the strike freedom attaached to the back of that? Just want to envision what you're seeing :)
Kavik Ryx

Yep, that's pretty much what I'm thinking.
Strike Zero

ScornMandark wrote:
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:I would like to see a Turn X in Master Gundam colors
I did a rough cut to get the colors in the right spots, is this where you want me to go with it?

If so, I'll do a real version, I just wanted to make sure this is kinda what you were thinking.
Umm... just so you know... his request was for the Turn-X, not the Gundam X.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
ScornMandark

Geh....*epic faceplant* :oops: hehehe...well, the GX looks ok too... hehe...he.... *sigh* scrap and start over... (I didn't even notice...)