Scorn's Stuff - Update - Valiant CG 10-06-09

The place to share your artwork.
zgapd

The last MS you posted looks like a cross between a Nemo and a Zaku with a GN drive build....Am I right?
The ZG is coming....Suit up or be left behind!
ScornMandark

Close - It's actually mostly SEED parts (Duel Torso, Dagger Legs, Strike Shoulders) with a ZakuI head w/ ZakuII cables. All in Nemo colors, so it sounds like I did the colors right, at least :P
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Scorpio[pt]

nice designs man

who's next on the list?
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
ScornMandark

Well, up next are zgapd's and yours (Scorpio[pt]). I'm not going to lie, zgapd's is going to take significantly longer just because I'm using a more detailed lineart than I originally planned. So, in short, I'm working on both, but the Noir Custom will probably be finished before the GN Zero Custom.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Scorpio[pt]

ok thx for the info btw can you had Destinys ASS ? xD
man i am starting to thing the backpack is becoming too heavy :shock:
well if you can do a seperate version i mean 1 without the sniper and ASS and other with them would be perfect :D

btw i am starting to use paint.net and learnig how to fraken for know i just focus on recolor :) i hope somedy i can do frankens on you guys level :oops:
ScornMandark

Quick update:

Shading progress

I've been off in Mexico for a week now, this weekend I'll be out of town at a wedding, then back to a different factory in Mexico next week. Whoo!

Anywhos, above is the progress I've made on shading so far. I decided to go ahead and make Wing Zero Custom lineart I like, shade etc., then make the mods (since I like the base model so much :) ) So, what you see is a lined, ~30% shaded model (with the eyes and such on). After I'm done shading the whole shebang, I'll make the GN mods and create the sword, feather funnels, etc.
zgapd

That line art looks soo sweet!
ScornMandark

New update - basically done shading, dropped in some color. The next update probably won't be for a bit, due to RL/other commissions. In the mean-time:

Shaded, colored

The next update will have the GN drive as well as the sword. Any guidance on what kind of sword? Like a European broadsword detailed with gold etc? A chinese-esque flared broadsword? a totally unrealistic yet intricately shaped sword from a fantasy novel or game?
zgapd

Make it look like a heavenly knight sword with the added discription I posted before
Dynames

ScornMandark wrote:New update - basically done shading, dropped in some color. The next update probably won't be for a bit, due to RL/other commissions. In the mean-time:

Shaded, colored

The next update will have the GN drive as well as the sword. Any guidance on what kind of sword? Like a European broadsword detailed with gold etc? A chinese-esque flared broadsword? a totally unrealistic yet intricately shaped sword from a fantasy novel or game?
Nice job dude looks Awesome
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
yevon

wow :shock: , so GREAT . May be I never can do as good as you do :? .

I very like all of your design about Zaku ( well , I am a crazy fan of Zaku :lol: ) .

I think some design about Ginn , Guaiz , Dinn , and CGUE , but I can't try to made anyone of them . :cry: . Can you try that request just once ?

The CGUE EXIA Sword .

actually it is a normal CGUE . But that CGUE shield is combine with a blade of EXIa Gundam :

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w87/ ... /blade.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w87/ ... drifle.jpg

then , the shield will remove 28mm vulcan system on CGUE's shield and with combine with (MMI-GAU2 "Picus" 76mm machine gun x 2), as same as the MMI-RG30 cruising mobile shield of Chaos Gundam

Or if can't combine as same as Chaos Gundam's shield , may be we don't need remove that 28mm vulcan system

at last , this CGUE is recolor with black and with , may be as same as his's clothes . ( actually , I see his weapon , a shield combine with spear and gun , and think about one CGUE have weapon as same as that ) .

I think that CGUE will very cool :lol:
ScornMandark

Woot! New Bad A$$ Metal update:

Dragon 00, the Lee

In every age, there is a war. A war to end all wars, so they say. Of course, if that were true, it would be the end of ages.

During the first age, before the Imperium even came to Earth I, there had been a war. All consuming, every nation fought all other nations. The world was poised to fall into total anarchy when the Dragon arrived. The Dragon 0, as it was called. It overwhelmed the units from every nation, bringing peace through devastating force. After the war, the Dragon was presumed destroyed and quickly was relegated to the status of myth.

In actuality, the Dragon was stolen by the Hammerson foundation. Over the next few hundred years, they kept the Dragon in top shape and upgraded it whenever new technology presented itself. In fact, the Hammerson foundations spies were so far reaching, so invasive, that the Dragon incorporated technologies from across the galaxy. It reached a point where the chassis was so advanced, so far ahead of its time that the scientists working on it had begun to lose the capability to grasp all it was capable of. Eventually, there was little left of the original Dragon, so it was renamed the Dragon 00 - the savior of the new age.

Instead of brute force and a giant cannon, the Dragon 00 relied more on extremely high speed and a very advanced sensor package to handle the high speed data input and translate it to the pilot immediately. Relatively lightly armed, its advantage was in its ability to close to melee or escape to ranged combat nearly at will, due to the high speed and maneuverability it possessed. At maximum speed, assuming the pilot could handle the stresses, it could even outrun missiles.

Yay for easy M.Simmons lineart! just a few more and I'll be back to your regularly scheduled requests :)

EDIT:

Stonewall

Designed for extreme drop insertions, the Stonewall is the ultimate paratrooper. Its oversized mission pack sports 4 large retrothrusters, for slowing descents and boosts in a pinch. Heavily armored to withstand both small arms fire and jarring landings, it is designed to take a beating. The mission pack can be detatched and slammed into the ground as cover, being more heavily armored than the Stonewall itself.

When used as cover, the mission pack can be opened and expanded to cover more of the mecha; creating a tower shield of sorts. When it is opened, the mission pack's internal arsenal is exposed. Handguns (semi-automatic and rapid fire), shotguns, even 3 hand-held single-shot missile launchers. The Stonewall withdraws whatever weapon is most appropriate at the time, uses it, and discards to grab the next.

The mission pack's loadout can be customized to whatever is deemed appropriate for the mission at hand. Listed above is the typical loadout; it has also been launched with anti-mecha mines, collapsable bazookas, a railgun, and even a water sprayer and tank for combating a fire on the base.
OddlucK

Ok. Those kick ass. I especially like the Lee. Very nicely done! :D
ScornMandark

Thanks! I particularly like the Lee myself :) I think the head gets a little lost in the shoulders, but it looks funny with a lighter mohawk...

I'm torn on the stonewall. I was given pretty specific instructions on the functionality and general form of the mech, but I'm not sure I like the coloring or assembly. *shrug* probably won't go back and fix it, I've got quite a few that I mean to go back to and probably won't :P
ScornMandark

Small update:

The Dragoon
In the year 2010, the world is drawing ever closer to a global revolution. America, in a bid to maintain control of its restless populace and ever growing enemies abroad, roll out the Metals. Exoskeletal all terrain powered suits of armor, they excell in urban combat as well as aiding combat engineers in rapid construction. As the Metals become more well known, terrorist factions begin acquiring metals for themselves, prompting the military to begin testing the prototype 2nd generation Metal - the Dragoon. The Dragoon boasts 80mph unassisted speed on roadways, 35 mph running speed. It mounts 6 medium and 3 heavy missiles, and has rugged manipulators capable of wielding almost any object it can lift as a bludgeoning weapon, if it comes to that. A prototype 17mm gatling cannon is commonly mounted to the right arm as a default weapon. Faster, tougher, capable of mounting heavier weapons and mission dependant weapons on its improved hardpoints than 1st generation Metals, the Dragoon is unstoppable in close quarters urban combat.

Desert Camo
Forest Camo
Urban Camo

Just a cleaned up, colored, and very slightly modified Minuteman lineart from the Mekton Zeta RPG.
ScornMandark

RPZ-89 Pseudo Zeta

General and Technical Data

Model number: RPZ-89
Code name: PZ (read Pseudo-Zeta)
Unit type: proposed mass production mobile suit
Manufacturer: Anaheim Electronics
Operator: EFSF
First deployment: Not Deployed
Accommodation: pilot only, in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
Dimensions: mobile suit mode: overall height 21.5 meters, head height 20.5 meters
Weight: mobile suit mode: empty 23.4 metric tons, max gross 51.2 metric tons
Armor materials: titanium alloy/ceramic composite
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 1980 kW
Propulsion:rocket thrusters: 2 x 14200 kg, 4 x 11000 kg, 4 x 8600 kg; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 22
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration: Standard loadout 1.39 G; Overboost pack 2.15 G
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 14200 meters; flexible hardpoint system
Fixed armaments: 2 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2 x beam saber, power rated at 0.7 MW, stored in recharge racks forearms, hand-carried in use
Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on either forearm, mounts 2 spare E-Pacs; Prototype Boost shield, adds 4x vernier thrusters; Prototype Overboost Pack, adds 4x 14,500 kg thrusters
Optional hand armaments: Repeating Beam Carbine, power rated at 1.2 MW, powered by replaceable energy cap; Compressed Beam Launcher, power rated at 3.1 MW; High Energy Railcannon, draws 4.6 MW, powered by reactor

Technical and Historical Notes

After the end of the Gryps Conflict, there was a lot of interest in mass producing the extremely well performing Zeta Gundam. The EFSF hired Anaheim Electronics to propose several ideas.

Since mass production was the goal, cost was always a concern. One overriding theme of the discussions was that the transformation system was far too complex and costly, so it needed to change or be removed. To that end, a new design for the torso and legs were drawn up. No longer needing to transform, the torso could mount more armor around the cockpit, as well as a sturdier frame overall. To retain most of the maneuverability of the Zeta, the legs needed to have a similar layout of verniers, but some of the costly transformation systems could be altered. The arms were likewise modified to pack more armor. The grenade launchers in the wrists were removed to save on weight and cost. 2 Beam sabers, one in each arm, were stored in their place.

Another goal was flexibility. In war, the role of any given unit may change at the drop of a hat, so the units themselves may need to adapt. One idea was that it should be a modular design, capable of mounting different weaponry or mission packs as the need came up. The arms and back sport flexible hardpoints, which can change out shields and backpacks in under 2 minutes in a combat-active hangar.

The PZ's typical loadout consisted of a short length repeating beam carbine, a shield modified from the RX-178 shield to save on development costs, and a backpack (again) modifed from the RX-178. The armor was made of titanium alloy/ceramic composite to save on cost.

The PZ was also designed as a test bed, of sorts. Due to the flexibility of the frame, numerous equipment tests were performed. A protoype shield that mounted maneuver verniers, a prototype compact beam launcher, even a reactor powered rail-cannon. The most promising feature was the backpack mount. A prototype high speed booster pack was designed that could provide an additional .8 Gs of acceleration for approximately three minutes, then could be ejected to reduce weight.

Ultimately, the design proved to be too ambitious. Overpowered, over priced, and too complex for mass production, the design was rejected.

Miscellaneous Information
Pilots: None
Appearances: MAHQ Grunt Mecha Contest
Original Mecha Art: Mark Simmons
Cut and Frankened: ScornMandark

Lineart

Standard Loadout
Prototype Short Beam Launcher and Boost Shield
High Energy Rail-Cannon
Overboost Pack
Scorpio[pt]

nice job as allways can i have a peak at my request?
zgapd

Thats awsome!, does it transform or have a BWS?
ScornMandark

It doesn't transform:
One overriding theme of the discussions was that the transformation system was far too complex and costly, so it needed to change or be removed. To that end, a new design for the torso and legs were drawn up. No longer needing to transform, the torso could mount more armor around the cockpit, as well as a sturdier frame overall.
And while it doesn't have the BWS specifically from the Re-GZ, it can mount mission specific hardware and packs:
The arms and back sport flexible hardpoints, which can change out shields and backpacks in under 2 minutes in a combat-active hangar.
Standard loadout
Prototype Short Beam Launcher and Boost Shield
High Energy Rail-Cannon
Overboost Pack

Also, thanks to everyone who voted for me! I absolutely make no promises that stickied threads will make me work any faster :P
Janx_Dolaris

Congratulations Scorn! That was quite the landslide victory. Well done.